GUILTY NC - Brittany Smith, pregnant, found deceased, Wendell, 4 Feb 2021 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just to add for quick reading Thank you @DaniElle0905
A body found in a suitcase near the Neuse River Trail has been identified as Brittany Smith, a missing 28-year-old pregnant woman, Wake County Sheriff Gerald Baker said Wednesday night.
Detectives said the initial cause of death is strangulation.

Two people were arrested Wednesday at a traffic stop in Raleigh. Thomas Clayton Johnson, 37, and Emmalei Grace Trevathan, 24, have been charged with murder, murder of an unborn child and concealment of body.
Who are these two and how did they know Brittany? Are they homeless as well?

Sorry if I missed it, but who reported her missing?

Good darn question, @keyleigh, good question.
I'm a bit confused. This one's flippin' odder than most -- so far. We need more details and a diagram of who is what to whom. My eyes are crossing... :confused:

Bless Brittany's little heart and so, so sorry about her coming child. SMH. Rest in peace, you two.

Good darn question, @keyleigh, good question.
I'm a bit confused. This one's flippin' odder than most -- so far. We need more details and a diagram of who is what to whom. My eyes are crossing... :confused:

Bless Brittany's little heart and so, so sorry about her coming child. SMH. Rest in peace, you two.
I read the boyfriend did however I can't find where I read it. So I'm calling this a rumor until it comes up again. IMO

Thanks, is her boyfriends whereabouts known?

Yeah, where is he? Is he in a safe place? Has he been seen since Brittany disappeared? If not, that's a bit scary, IMO.

Damm, this is weird. So sorry for her family -- did they know that Brittany was pregnant? Did they keep in touch with Brittany?
So many questions, not many answers...

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article249117890.html

Baker said detectives searched the property for clues to her disappearance. But further investigation led detectives to Johnson and Trevathan at an unidentified motel.

“A search warrant at a motel that’s involved gave us some of the missing pieces to the puzzle that led us to these two individuals,” Baker said.

Baker said he didn’t know if they were trying to leave Raleigh when they were stopped Wednesday, and detectives are still piecing together their story from interviews.

I read the boyfriend did however I can't find where I read it. So I'm calling this a rumor until it comes up again. IMO

In regards to who reported her missing...

Smith’s boyfriend told Williams he last saw Smith either that night or the next day getting into a car with two people and later spoke to her on the phone while she was in the car, Williams said.

Smith’s boyfriend reported her missing to police after she had not returned home for hours, Williams said.

What do Johnson and Trevathan have to do with Brittany or with Cody?
Did I miss that part of this twibold mystery? <scream>:eek:

Some of the questions asked in the briefing I linked above was a little hard to hear, but I believe LE stated through interviews, etc they were still trying to figure out exactly how or if they knew each other.

Been holding back saying anything because I wasn’t sure if he was a suspect... but DW (the man who let them pitch a tent in his yard for months, gave them electricity and showers and allowed them to do laundry in his home) sounds like a truly wonderful human being.

I can’t stop thinking about this poor woman and what a hard life she had been living, may she and her little one be at peace.

Been holding back saying anything because I wasn’t sure if he was a suspect... but DW (the man who let them pitch a tent in his yard for months, gave them electricity and showers and allowed them to do laundry in his home) sounds like a truly wonderful human being.

I can’t stop thinking about this poor woman and what a hard life she had been living, may she and her little one be at peace.
Yeah, I feel bad for thinking that he was odd. I mean, he is... in the sense that it is odd for people to do so much for other people and expect nothing in return these days. I’m sorry about thinking badly about him.

He was also very sure that Cody could have never hurt her. He really knew these guys and cared about them. Poor guy must be in shock too.

RIP Brittany and little baby. I feel so sad for her family, Cody and DW. I can’t even begin to fathom why those “people” would do such a thing. She must have known and trusted them.

I’m glad LE were able to get this case locked down so quickly, but I’m not surprised. It seems like Sheriff Baker gets his perps found and behind bars pretty quickly.

Pair charged with killing Brittany Smith, pregnant woman who had been living in a tent in Wendell :: WRAL.com

Update snipped from the above article

RALEIGH, N.C. — Two people charged with killing a 28-year-old pregnant woman whose body was found earlier this week will appear in court on Thursday.

Brittany Smith was six months pregnant with a baby boy, according to arrest warrants obtained overnight. Deputies with the Wake County Sheriff's Office found Smith's body in a suitcase near the Neuse River on Monday.

Thomas Clayton Johnson, 37, and Emmalei Grace Trevathan, 24, were arrested during a traffic stop Wednesday afternoon outside Raleigh city limits. Both were charged with Smith's murder, murder of an unborn child and concealment of a body. Wake County Sheriff Gerald Baker said there "could be additional suspects, but we’re pretty sure we’ve got the two we need."

In regards to who reported her missing...

Smith’s boyfriend told Williams he last saw Smith either that night or the next day getting into a car with two people and later spoke to her on the phone while she was in the car, Williams said.

Smith’s boyfriend reported her missing to police after she had not returned home for hours, Williams said.
What? He saw his pregnant girlfriend get into a car with two unknown people? Later he spoke to her on the phone while she was in the car? How much later? Were they supposed to give her a ride home from where the boyfriend worked?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back