GUILTY NC - Danielle Locklear, 15, Hope Mills, 11 March 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does it appear to anyone else that the trailer in front of the home is vacant and likely unlivable? Also, that ramp looks relatively new and indicates that someone with a wheelchair lives in the home.

The media have done a poor job on this case

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

The address is the ex boyfriend

Anybody know how far this mobile home is from Danielle's home? And how far from the river? This is insane if it's teens who did this. Just horrible period.

About 15 miles

Anybody know how far this mobile home is from Danielle's home? And how far from the river? This is insane if it's teens who did this. Just horrible period.

Google maps says it is about 25 miles from Danielle's Grandfathers house to the mobile home searched last night. From the mobile home to the river it is 3.3 miles

Does it appear to anyone else that the trailer in front of the home is vacant and likely unlivable? Also, that ramp looks relatively new and indicates that someone with a wheelchair lives in the home.

I think it looks vacant as well, however it is not on the "property" of the mobile home searched behind it. The lot that the mobile home that was searched just has the driveway running up to it and then expands behind the "vacant" mobile home lot if that makes sense...

Does anyone remember why she moved from South Brunswick,NC to her grandparents house in Fayetteville in the first place? I see her aunt Chena and the grandparents are very involved here ...have not heard from her actual parents. The ex bf was 24 yrs old? She was 15? Any supervision here?

The Lumbee Tribe is the largest tribe in North Carolina, the largest tribe east of the Mississippi River and the ninth largest in the nation. http://www.lumbeetribe.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=135&Itemid=115

To me, she just looks mixed. Half black and half white much like my son and daughter.

You're right, los, it is largely a Lumbee tribe surname -- I grew up about 40-50 miles from the Hope Mills/Fayetteville/Autryville area. Different county. The Lumbees are in and around those areas, with probably the most concentration in Pembroke, (Robeson County), NC. The surname "Locklear" has been long associated with the Lumbees. It may be a variant of the English "Lockyer."

ancestry records are interesting, as are all ancestry records:

http://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=locklear

This is just given as additional info, since I am familiar with some of the history of the area.

Does anyone remember why she moved from South Brunswick,NC to her grandparents house in Fayetteville in the first place? I see her aunt Chena and the grandparents are very involved here ...have not heard from her actual parents. The ex bf was 24 yrs old? She was 15? Any supervision here?

I believe her former bf is a high school student like Danielle. If the bf's age is gotten from looking at Danielle's social.media, I would note that some kids like to make themselves older than they actually are on social media sites.
:moo:

I wonder if the tip about her being beaten at the creek was just a red herring put out by the real perp to divert suspicion away from what really happened.

Just finishing page 2, not caught up all the way yet.
I had heard that this body is not likely Danielle.

Someone posted a google map of the area she went missing from and my eyes immediately jumped to the dam on the map.
Have they had any divers go down into the dam yet....or is that getting too far ahead in the investigation?

Will delete if anything changes by the time I finish catching up and my post is redundant!

ETA- OK, if they are so sure the body found is her I guess the dam won't matter.
Borndem led me to this thread. Born, looks like this is going to be yet another horror story :(

This is also very odd in that if she was attacked by a group of kids was there not ONE smart enough to not leave her clothing on the riverbank?
Or for that matter not put her remains in a body of water so close to the area?

I know that sounds cold.
But sometimes the stupidity of criminals just makes my brain hurt.
Then again, that stupidity helps them get caught and convicted so I guess I should appreciate it.

This is why I pulled myself away from this thread a few pages back. After some of the things that were being said by "friends" of Dannie's on SM profiles, especially the one that lives about a block away, I was afraid that things could go this way. I wonder if LE even bothers to view SM in missing cases. They should, because you can really learn a lot in doing so.

Interestingly enough my previous posts were regarding the creeks in the area and how wet or dry they might have been. I was particularly wondering about Big Sandy Run because it runs very close to both the airport and the campground that was mentioned early on. Now that a body has been found, in water, I wonder if someone originally planned to "dump her" right there at Claude Lee Rd where Big Sandy Run is on one side, and Lake Lynn on the other, found it too dry or shallow, and then came up with another plan. The area where the body was found is only about 20 minutes from the Claude Lee/Big Sandy location. It is still possible that her phone may be in Big Sandy Run there, that could explain the pings.

How tragic that her life may have ended in what sounds like a brutal way. She was such a beautiful young lady with her whole life ahead of her. If the body turns out to be her, and it sounds like LE is pretty sure that it is, I hope everyone involved is swiftly brought to justice, and that her family is able to get some closure.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9492157

Police searched home in connection with the disappearance of Danielle. Article states the home is not far from where a body was found Wednesday. :(

Thanks for the update.

From this link:

"Chopper 11 HD was over the home as nearly a dozen Cumberland County Sheriff's deputies, Hope Mills police, and a police tracking dog made an extensive search of the home, an outbuilding, and a lot. Officers would not say specifically what evidence they were looking for in the search, nor have they said who lives in the mobile home.

Meanwhile, authorities are still awaiting the positive ID of the body. They believe it could be the missing 15-year-old."

Just finishing page 2, not caught up all the way yet.
I had heard that this body is not likely Danielle.

Someone posted a google map of the area she went missing from and my eyes immediately jumped to the dam on the map.
Have they had any divers go down into the dam yet....or is that getting too far ahead in the investigation?

Will delete if anything changes by the time I finish catching up and my post is redundant!

ETA- OK, if they are so sure the body found is her I guess the dam won't matter.
Borndem led me to this thread. Born, looks like this is going to be yet another horror story :(

bbm
Oh, Nymeria, :seeya: I hope it won't get to be a horror story, but we seem to be headed down that road. One reason I was interested in this case is that I'm somewhat familiar with the area and if we get to a trial, it might take place in Cumberland County & might get streamed. Dunno.

I guess there's not much on these WS cases that isn't tuff to follow. That's why we hang with each other. I'm sticking with it for now because I've been drawn into it with a good bunch of WSers and a mystery. I hope you'll stick around -- your viewpoint is always valuable.
icon7.gif
But if you need a break, all of us coming out of the Teghan horror will understand why.
icon12.gif
Keep in touch. :loveyou: (((hugs)))

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l