Found Deceased NC - Diana Alejandra Keel, 38, car parked at home, Nashville, Nash County, 8 Mar 2019 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I was very surprised that she hadn't been cremated.
Me too. I was pleasantly surprised when you pointed out she wasn’t.

That’s murder 101.

Fortunately, it looks like this time he used a gun.

My guess is that he’s got a gun registered to him, that is conveniently missing.

If it’s in that pond, they’ll find it in due course.

This was likely a crime of passion this time, and it doesn’t lend itself to a solid coverup.

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH.

Like everyone here, no surprise, but still, profound sadness for Diana and her family.

Gloria didn't mention anything about body being shot during live tv report. Just saying it was found in the woods.

Keel is being brought in for questioning. So is he a POI yet?

10 year old son is ok

Me too. I was pleasantly surprised when you pointed out she wasn’t.

Not to stereotype bc I am one myself, but I find that many Southerners don't like cremation.

I skew from the norm here, bc I'm going to be cremated. My mother is aghast!

Not to stereotype bc I am one myself, but I find that many Southerners don't like cremation.

I skew from the norm here, bc I'm going to be cremated. My mother is aghast!
Ha! Because who among us doesn’t have a fear of waking up underground?!

Glad that Elizabeth didn’t have such a fear. Or that this guy wasn’t smart enough to have that done.

EK’s obituary:

“Elizabeth Bess Edwards Keel Obituary

MOMEYER - Elizabeth Bess Edwards Keel, 42, died Sunday, Jan. 1, 2006, at her home. She was born on Jan. 25, 1963, in Nash County, the daughter of the late William Creth Edwards and Mary Elizabeth Hinton Edwards. She was a lifelong resident of Momeyer in Nash County and a graduate of N.C. Wesleyan College. Mrs. Keel is survived by her husband, R. Lynn Keel Jr. of the home; one sister, Mrs. Katherine Wassum of Edenton, N.C.; and one brother, Al Edwards of Rocky Mount, N.C. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 5, 2006, at Wheeler & Woodlief Funeral Home. Burial will be held at Oakdale Cemetery in Spring Hope, N.C. The family will receive friends at Wheeler & Woodlief Funeral Home from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday and other times at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Rexford Lynn Keel Sr., 5007 Rachel Drive, Nashville, at the Rocky Mount reservoir. Arrangements by Wheeler & Woodlief Funeral Home, 1130 N. Winstead Ave., Rocky Mount, N.C.” (BBM)

Published in Rocky Mount Telegram on Jan. 3, 2006
View Elizabeth Keel's Obituary on RockyMountTelegram.com and share memories

I’m not sure if the service was being offered back in 2006, but according to their website, Wheeler & Woodlief owns and operates their own crematory:

“Cremation Services
When you come to Wheeler & Woodlief, we can help you plan a cremation that is just as meaningful as traditional burial. You can enhance your service with a reception before or after the service, a visitation prior to cremation, and have access to all our personalization options.

Peace of Mind
We own and operate our own crematory, so you can know your loved one will never leave our care.

[SBM]

Final Disposition
With cremation, your choice of final resting place is just as varied as your personalization options. You may bury your loved one at a local cemetery, or for permanent possession, we offer decorative urns for the home as well as keepsake jewelry.

[SBM]”
Cremation Services | Wheeler Woodlief Funeral Home

Again, I’m not sure if the option was available 13 years ago.

Last edited:
First wife’s obituary:

“Elizabeth Bess Edwards Keel Obituary

MOMEYER - Elizabeth Bess Edwards Keel, 42, died Sunday, Jan. 1, 2006, at her home. She was born on Jan. 25, 1963, in Nash County, the daughter of the late William Creth Edwards and Mary Elizabeth Hinton Edwards. She was a lifelong resident of Momeyer in Nash County and a graduate of N.C. Wesleyan College. Mrs. Keel is survived by her husband, R. Lynn Keel Jr. of the home; one sister, Mrs. Katherine Wassum of Edenton, N.C.; and one brother, Al Edwards of Rocky Mount, N.C. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 5, 2006, at Wheeler & Woodlief Funeral Home. Burial will be held at Oakdale Cemetery in Spring Hope, N.C. The family will receive friends at Wheeler & Woodlief Funeral Home from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday and other times at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Rexford Lynn Keel Sr., 5007 Rachel Drive, Nashville, at the Rocky Mount reservoir. Arrangements by Wheeler & Woodlief Funeral Home, 1130 N. Winstead Ave., Rocky Mount, N.C.” (BBM)

Published in Rocky Mount Telegram on Jan. 3, 2006
View Elizabeth Keel's Obituary on RockyMountTelegram.com and share memories

I’m not sure if the service was being offered back in 2006, but according to their website, Wheeler & Woodlief owns and operates their own crematory:

“Cremation Services
When you come to Wheeler & Woodlief, we can help you plan a cremation that is just as meaningful as traditional burial. You can enhance your service with a reception before or after the service, a visitation prior to cremation, and have access to all our personalization options.

Peace of Mind
We own and operate our own crematory, so you can know your loved one will never leave our care.

[SBM]

Final Disposition
With cremation, your choice of final resting place is just as varied as your personalization options. You may bury your loved one at a local cemetery, or for permanent possession, we offer decorative urns for the home as well as keepsake jewelry.

[SBM]”
Cremation Services | Wheeler Woodlief Funeral Home

Again, I’m not sure if the option was available 13 years ago.
Ughhh. It’s probably not going to matter in terms of the bigger picture, but Elizabeth deserves justice too if he did kill her.

She very well could have been cremated, and still given a headstone. That’s not uncommon.

Why can I not find the detail on her being shot on WTVD (have it on DVR), reading Gloria's twitter feed, WRAL (on DVR).

Am I deeeeef or what? Sheriff states no cause of death. Autopsy blah blah blah.

Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member