Found Deceased NC - Diana Alejandra Keel, 38, car parked at home, Nashville, Nash County, 8 Mar 2019 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a local, would like to point out that Morrisville is not close enough to be a good indicator of Momeyer weather.

Greenville is def closer!

The Piedmont (mid-center of the state, RDU area, including Morrisville ) area weather varies vastly from eastern NC (Gville, Wilson, Momeyer), believe it or not.

And the Triad (Greensboro, Winston Salem), to the west of us, is like snow alley compared to RDU area.

Eastern NC got a dusting of snow last week whereas RDU got zip.

Almost every winter, I get a solid buildup of ice on my tree-shaded, north-facing front steps that has taken up to a week to melt. With daytime temps well into the 40s!!!

I wouldn't be surprised that there was ice and that a fall occurred. It's how that fall occurred that interests me.

That's the part that I wonder about...
BBM

Thank for looking up the weather musical joke and whoizzit.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was ice. But I would be surprised if there was a fall.

Based on what we know about this POI, and how he reacts when someone is leaving them, I would suspect a significant impact to the back of their head. But not from a fall. I think he got lucky the first time.

Last edited:
In order to get ice to form on the ground in the first place, the temperature has to get down to freezing. An obvious fact! If you look at the previous week in both Greenville and Morrisville, which are the closest weather centres with historical info that I can find, you'll see temps that are much too high to form ice on the ground. So while it's possible that there was ice in Momeyer, it doesn't look very likely.

I understand the thermodynamics of freezing and wasn't trying to debate them. :)
(I didn't open the hx to see what the weather had been in G'ville in the week prior to the date of the slip and fall.)

Just pointing out that Morrisville, in my experience, is not a reliable indicator of day-to-day wx in Momeyer and that you should exclude that from your data set!

I'd love to see a copy of that death investigation and when it occurred relative to the accident. (I wonder if she died instantly or was taken to a hospital?)
*Did local LE not notice or take into account the temps and, therefore, the probable or possible lack of ice?
*Was the investigation too attenuated such that no one could determine if ice was ever a factor?
*Did LE just take LK's word for the accident scene?

Seems mighty Barney Fife, if so. And very tragic, in hindsight.

Last edited:
BBM

Thank for looking up the weather musical joke and whoizzit.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was ice. But I would be surprised if there was a fall.

Based on what we know about this POI, and how he reacts when someone is leaving them, I would suspect a significant impact to the back of their head. But not from a fall. I think he got lucky the first time.

I checked the weather archives also for the week preceding January 1, since that’s when the ice would arrive. Using Greenville and RDU Airport (which is basically Morrisville), the temps did not dip to freezing or below, nor was there precipitation in the few days prior. (Ok, there was 0.02” of precip at one of the locations a day or two before January 1, but no freezing.)

I really wonder if LE properly investigated Elizabeth’s death. These are very small communities, and it’s not like they would have had a big city type detective force.

I’m glad the FBI is involved here, and hope LE does a proper and thorough investigation. (I’m in no way dissing LE, just wondering about whether they have adequate experience levels for what may turn out to be a tricky case.)

But hopefully, if he did it, he’ll confess. This is where I think a seasoned detective can be a huge benefit to a case (obviously, I know).

I really wonder if LE properly investigated Elizabeth’s death. These are very small communities, and it’s not like they would have had a big city type detective force.

This!
Bess's family didn't believe his story.
Maybe they were well aware that there hadn't been ice on those steps?

I'm bowing out of further speculation for now, hoping against hope that Diana's murder will lead to more details surrounding Bess' s death.

This!
Bess's family didn't believe his story.
Maybe they were well aware that there hadn't been ice on those steps?

I'm bowing out of further speculation for now, hoping against hope that Diana's murder will lead to more details surrounding Bess' s death.

According to WRAL 11pm news tonight, they’re reporting that LE will be re-examining the investigation of Elizabeth’s death.

Steve Daniels‏Verified account @DanielsABC11

Diana Keel has been found dead. Her husband, Lynn, has been detained for questioning. Their 10-year-old son is without a mother. @JoelBrownABC11 reports from Nash County - live at 11.

D1gYcf6WwAMhDS9.jpg

Steve Daniels on Twitter

Joel Brown‏Verified account @JoelBrownABC11

Diana Keel’s Nash County home remains surrounded in crime scene tape hours after a body, believed to be hers, was discovered in Edgecombe County woods. Her husband, Lynn, is considered a “person of interest”. He continues to be questioned at Nash Sheriff’s office. #abc11

Joel Brown on Twitter

(Video at link)

Amy Cutler‏ @AmyCutlerNews

People coming together at the Christian Fellowship Church to pray for Diana Keel and her family. @WNCN

D1fnAXIX0AAwvtq.jpg

Amy Cutler on Twitter

Amy Cutler‏ @AmyCutlerNews

Diana Keel’s church family coming together to pray for the mother, nurse and her two children. The @NashCountySO calls her disappearance suspicious. Body has been found, unclear if it’s her. @WNCN

Amy Cutler on Twitter

(Video at link)

Kasey Cunningham‏ @WRALKasey

Diana Keel’s church family is emotional, praying shortly after learning a body was found. They are also praying her children, 19 year-old Laura and 10 year-old Max. The body has still not been identified.

Kasey Cunningham on Twitter

(Video at link)

Most everyone expected this outcome, but it's still horrible regardless. I'm interested in hearing what type of tale the husband has concocted to try and save himself. I'm pretty sure LE sees right through his lies, and have from the beginning. I believe this time this disgusting man will pay for his crime, and with any luck, he'll get to pay for the first one too (death of his first wife).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams