Found Deceased NC - Diana Alejandra Keel, 38, car parked at home, Nashville, Nash County, 8 Mar 2019 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Please excuse if this is a repeat:
Local News
'Definitely foul play:' Body found during search for missing Nash County woman
Posted 9:00 p.m. yesterday
Updated 7:12 p.m. today
By Sloane Heffernan and Emmy Victor, WRAL reporters

Nashville, N.C. — Authorities have found a body they believe belongs to a Nash County woman who has been missing since Friday.
[...]
Nash County Sheriff Keith Stone said in a Tuesday evening press conference that a Department of Transportation worker located a decomposing woman's body on Polks Hole Road in Tarboro.

The body was not positively identified and Stone said it will be sent to the medical examiner's office for an autopsy. Although a cause of death for the woman has not been determined, Stone said "there is definitely foul play involved."
[...]
The FBI joined the search for Keel, an emergency room nurse, on Tuesday morning and a dive team was spotted near a body of water about half a mile away from Keel's home Tuesday evening.

Stone said that the dive team continued searching the pond even after the body was discovered because they were looking for additional evidence in the case.

'Definitely foul play:' Body found during search for missing Nash County woman :: WRAL.com

She fell on some ice? Weather Underground says the temps got as low as 35F during the night but by 4:00 a.m. it was back up to 44F. I don't think there would be any ice on the ground that day.

Greenville, NC History | Weather Underground
Morrisville, NC History | Weather Underground

As a local, would like to point out that Morrisville is not close enough to be a good indicator of Momeyer weather.

Greenville is def closer!

The Piedmont (mid-center of the state, RDU area, including Morrisville ) area weather varies vastly from eastern NC (Gville, Wilson, Momeyer), believe it or not.

And the Triad (Greensboro, Winston Salem), to the west of us, is like snow alley compared to RDU area.

Eastern NC got a dusting of snow last week whereas RDU got zip.

Almost every winter, I get a solid buildup of ice on my tree-shaded, north-facing front steps that has taken up to a week to melt. With daytime temps well into the 40s!!!

I wouldn't be surprised that there was ice and that a fall occurred. It's how that fall occurred that interests me.

That's the part that I wonder about...

“Diana Keel’s Nash County home remains surrounded in crime scene tape hours after a body, believed to be hers, was discovered in Edgecombe County woods. Her husband, Lynn, is considered a “person of interest”. He continues to be questioned at Nash Sheriff’s office. #abc11”
Joel Brown on Twitter
Joel Brown (@JoelBrownABC11) | Twitter
(Video of the house at the link)

As a local, would like to point out that Morrisville is not close enough to be a good indicator of Momeyer weather.

Greenville is def closer!

The Piedmont (mid-center of the state, RDU area, including Morrisville ) area weather varies vastly from eastern NC (Gville, Wilson, Momeyer), believe it or not.

And the Triad (Greensboro, Winston Salem), to the west of us, is like snow alley compared to RDU area.

Eastern NC got a dusting of snow last week whereas RDU got zip.

Almost every winter, I get a solid buildup of ice on my tree-shaded, north-facing front steps that has taken up to a week to melt. With daytime temps well into the 40s!!!

I wouldn't be surprised that there was ice and that a fall occurred. It's how that fall occurred that interests me.

That's the part that I wonder about...

In order to get ice to form on the ground in the first place, the temperature has to get down to freezing. If you look at the previous week in both Greenville and Morrisville, which are the closest weather centres with historical info that I can find, you'll see temps that are much too high to form ice on the ground. So while it's possible that there was ice in Momeyer, it doesn't look very likely.

chimpface said:
So the title of the house transferred to the husbands name 5 days after the first wife's death?

How organised he must be.

Hmm

That was quick. Took me a couple of months to take care of our finances when my husband died!

That's more like it, IMHO. Five days -- Gee Whiz!

Having a title of anything changed would not be high on my list if I lost my DH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe