Found Safe NC - Emily Dowdle, 11, Catawaba County, 27 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So there is an RV on the property. I really hope there wasn't anyone hiding out in the RV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the reporter Gina Esposito with WSOC was standing in front of the house on one of her live fb videos and showed the RV. She said they had searched it. That's a perfect place for a kid to hang out when skipping school, IMO. She also could have hidden things there to take with her right after school.

Do we have any Google Map or streetview images of where the house is located? I'm trying to see if she walked around to the back of the house (like the bus driver stated) where that would lead? Is there a wooded area, another road, a sidewalk, something behind the house where she could have went to? I'm trying to basically see if she walked actually around to the back, then BACK around to the front and left, or if she walked to the back and then just kept going somewhere.

Yes, the reporter Gina Esposito with WSOC was standing in front of the house on one of her live fb videos and showed the RV. She said they had searched it. That's a perfect place for a kid to hang out when skipping school, IMO. She also could have hidden things there to take with her right after school.

My mind is wandering towards someone other than Emily. Has she met someone online or elsewhere and this person was staying in the RV? Did a stranger gain access and Emily caught them by surprise? I know the case isn't being treated as an abduction at the moment - but she's 11.
:( I think she would want to be home by now.

ETA - Her folks wouldn't know she hadn't been at school if Emily herself emailed the school from a parent's account. I had to call mine in yesterday for being sick and asked the Admin which method they preferred for notification. She said either phone or email was fine.

Last ETA - I should have added the Admin told me as long as they get the notification by a certain time of the day the absence is marked excused. But I'd think eventually someone would catch on if a kiddo was doing this.

Do we have any Google Map or streetview images of where the house is located? I'm trying to see if she walked around to the back of the house (like the bus driver stated) where that would lead? Is there a wooded area, another road, a sidewalk, something behind the house where she could have went to? I'm trying to basically see if she walked actually around to the back, then BACK around to the front and left, or if she walked to the back and then just kept going somewhere.

Nevermind, answering my own question here. :)

Here is a picture of the house/area.

57ec0770b66af.image.jpg

http://www.hickoryrecord.com/news/f...cle_4bea778e-85a6-11e6-8164-c733461652ed.html

There are a lot of comments from people who know her parents on the find Emily fb page. They are saying they are good parents and she is well loved.
That is good to know, i was surprised i didnt see any before but i didnt check that page :)

I was trying to figure out where her house is earlier in the thread. Maybe someone can help?

This is the address of her school: https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...7aec0429e5fe4fda!8m2!3d35.696428!4d-81.072858

Her house is on the same road as the school-- Hudson Chapel Road.

Gina Esposito was standing in front of the house live fb videoing and live tweeting as FBI investigated. She shows a white RV and a cemetery nearby.
https://twitter.com/ginawsoc9
https://www.facebook.com/ReporterGinaEsposito/

No matter where her house is on that road though you can see A LOT of woods.

As for the school not contacting her parents -- sometimes the school hasn't updated any new phone numbers yet for the automated calling system (if they have that there). Or maybe one of her parents phones had issues or was turned off. You never really know. Either way, I hope this little girl is found safe and healthy ASAP. Per the FB group they were saying the school/police are reviewing ALL camera footage and the area stores camera footage is being viewed also. (Someone mentioned dollar general). I am from NC but NOT that area so I am not sure how close a Dollar General is to her or the school. Her parents were saying she didn't have access to any money but I'm wondering if maybe she did. My parents had a big change jar in their room and we'd sneak money out of it to get icecream when we were young. Maybe she snuck a few dollars someone and grabbed some snacks and is camping out somewhere (hopefully!!)

If LE feels this truly is a runaway case why is the FBI stating they do not want any volunteer searchers? This has me greatly concerned for little Emily.

If LE feels this truly is a runaway case why is the FBI stating they do not want any volunteer searchers? This has me greatly concerned for little Emily.

I wondered about that as well.

Strange vibe from this case........

Maybe it's just me, and I understand the 1 or 2 or 3 times being absent, but 9 times? Even if she had a note, 9 times?! I know my kids school would call and request an explanation. Or even call to inquire if there's something they can do.
I'm concerned about this little one. Something is happening to her.theres an issue, there's a problem, there are emotions wrecking havoc in her.
Where are you emily?

I agree with you 100%. I was just re-searching info to see if in fact the FBI gets involved with suspected runaway cases.

Is it possible she might be depressed and threatened suicide? I hate even typing that😢

A post on the fb page says they found her. nothing confirmed yet.

ETA: others, including the page admin are saying that's not true...dang.

ETA2: There is a suicidal person with a gun by the side of the road in Charlotte. Local news was showing helicopter footage of a large number of police cars parked next to the road but had no info as to what was going on at first. A ton of people jumped to the conclusion it was related to Emily. It is unrelated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
couchsluether
Back