Found Safe NC - Emily Dowdle, 11, Catawaba County, 27 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder what she was doing when she should have been in school. Was she alone? Is there a computer at home? Did any of her friends skip school? So many questions. Hope your safe Emily!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a thought.

There was another case recently where a young girl was having troubles and managed to hook herself up with a guy on line. She told him her troubles, he listened, said all the right things, gained her confidence (groomed her), and then helped her to "run away", but she ran with him and of course it was a predator.

Clearly something was going on at school. You don't skip school at 11 years of age that consistently just for no reason.

I'm very very concerned about where Emily has gotten to. Fingers crossed she's just hiding out, but I don't think so.

MOO

I saw it earlier but I am actually trying to finish up some work, work here at home and follow along here. On the findFB pg. there was a girl commenting that she and Emily are BFF's and others were offering her comfort. She commented that she had tried Emily's phone and no answer. I wish I had noted exactly where the comment was. Sorry.

Just a thought.

There was another case recently where a young girl was having troubles and managed to hook herself up with a guy on line. She told him her troubles, he listened, said all the right things, gained her confidence (groomed her), and then helped her to "run away", but she ran with him and of course it was a predator.

Clearly something was going on at school. You don't skip school at 11 years of age that consistently just for no reason.

I'm very very concerned about where Emily has gotten to. Fingers crossed she's just hiding out, but I don't think so.

MOO

This is the kind of thing I'm afraid of.

I'm so sad. I thought she would have been home by now. Unfortunately, I'm going to change my earlier optimism and say I now think she's in a lot of danger. It's just too long to have been gone without the help of someone else, probably older.

As for the cellphone, I know a 12-yr-old well. He has a phone but never really takes it anywhere or uses it. He mostly can't find it, but I've also seen him talk to friends on it.

I'm so sad. I thought she would have been home by now. Unfortunately, I'm going to change my earlier optimism and say I now think she's in a lot of danger. It's just too long to have been gone without the help of someone else, probably older.

As for the cellphone, I know a 12-yr-old well. He has a phone but never really takes it anywhere or uses it. He mostly can't find it, but I've also seen him talk to friends on it.

There are also thunderstorms in the area, I believe.

Perhaps, as far as her parents knew when they provided the information, Emily did not have a phone. However, someone else could have provided her with one that the parents knew nothing about.

oovoo? That's a new one to me - another tool for predators. :sigh:

I wonder if either her parents took her phone as punishment for skipping school, or she has an iPod Touch that works like a phone when she has wifi connection. That would explain how she has an Instagram account. My little cousins are able to text and call me through apps on their iPod as long as they are connected to wifi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The girl's mother came running to Wilson's door on Tuesday afternoon.

"She was crying," Wilson said. "I asked her what happened and she said her daughter was missing."

Emily was dropped off at home by a school bus around 2:45 p.m. Tuesday. Her mother arrived at the house about 20 minutes later. Emily was nowhere to be found.

That's when the mother went to the neighbors and then called 911 for help. It wasn't long before search crews gathered and a massive effort was underway to find the 11-year-old.
Emily, said authorities, was in trouble. She had skipped school nine times recently, said Catawba Police Chief Duane Cozzen.

"Her parents found out about it Monday," Cozzen said.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/33266601/search-continues-for-missing-catawba-county-girl

So Emily's parents weren't aware of her truancy until Monday? It sure sounds like she ran away because the doo doo hit the fan but the burning question is where the heck could she have gone overnight? This feels so awful. :(

Perhaps, as far as her parents knew when they provided the information, Emily did not have a phone. However, someone else could have provided her with one that the parents knew nothing about.

oovoo? That's a new one to me - another tool for predators. :sigh:

Oovoo is like face time but you can have more than one person. Like three way calling back in the day.

Mom came home 20 minutes after school bus dropped Emily off.......mom starts crying and panics...........maybe a note left?
evidentially not thinking Emily is at friends house..........mom must of seen something. FBI came in? so maybe she is with older person?
Are parents divorced? married? Older siblings? I am beginning to think on line guy.............oh my hoping it is not like Nicole Lovell.

That video was glitchy but I finally got it to play. She lives with her step-mom and dad and a sister. At first he just said mom and dad but the reporter asked for clarification and he said step-mom. She does not have a cell phone and has never had one. She doesn't have any money or access to money. She had skipped school for 9 days and knew she was in trouble. They think she just stayed at her house and hid out there on the days she skipped school but it sounds like they don't really know.
I have pages and pages to read to catch up, and ill assume this has already been posted. But ill throw it out there anyway. Maybe wherever she was hiding for those 9 days is where she is now. Maybe she's been stocking it up with supplies.

There are also thunderstorms in the area, I believe.

Major thunderstorms since about 2pm or so, was not fun driving in it! We're still getting pretty good thunder and lightening near Raleigh and we have a flash flood alert, so lots and lots of rain. I hope she is holed up somewhere (a shed or whatnot ) and staying safe and dry until someone finds her!

Wouldn't she need a phone or tablet for Instagram? I can access my IG via my laptop but I'm not able to upload photos that way.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420