Found Deceased NC - Emily Elizabeth Montgomery, 26, Apex, 25 Nov 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Emily was sick as a child and had surgery on her spine. I'm not sure if that caused a cognitive response later or was how they got the silver alert. But her mom was instantly feeling that something was wrong because Thanksgiving was her favorite holiday and she would obviously want to spend it with her family if she could. Emily's mom was the Bowser from Ohio and her grandma is everyone's favorite English teacher. In addition to being beautiful, Emily has a very kind and loving family who will ensure her son grows up with a strong foundation. This is just devastating for them.

DEC 10, 2020
Friends, family plead for answers after arrest made in killing of Apex mom (cbs17.com) - Video
Family and friends of a missing Apex mom are begging to know where she is now that a suspect has been charged with her murder.

[...]

“If you knew Emily, you would see beauty, strength, light, love, compassion. She was fierce. She was sassy. She was honest, sometimes to a fault.

[...]

According to warrants for his arrest, investigators believe Montgomery was murdered on Thanksgiving or the day after, and court documents say the killing was premeditated.

[...]

“Cops were coming here pretty routinely. I was hearing lots of loud banging noises,” said RF-A, who lives across the hall from Jacome-Granizo.

Neighbors said not only did they frequently see police at Jacome-Granizo’s apartment, they saw Montgomery there too.

“I heard the police bust into his apartment a couple of times, but I did not know she was murdered. I’ve seen her around prior to her murder to it’s really shocking,” said CN.

CN said she’d seen Montgomery at the apartment complex four of five times since October.

Police did not say what, if any, relationship there was between the victim and suspect, however friends said the pair dated casually.

[...]

Heartbreaking! A terrible blow to her family, Knowing this guy was charged with attempted murder in 2016. Allowed to walk the streets and murder a beautiful young lady. He should’ve been behind bars.

<modsnip: off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
Heartbreaking! A terrible blow to her family, Knowing this guy was charged with attempted murder in 2016. Allowed to walk the streets and murder a beautiful young lady. He should’ve been behind bars.

<modsnip: off topic>
Why wasn’t he in prison for prior charge? I tried googling and various sites and couldn’t find anything :( :mad: Poor Emily and friends and family.

DEC 11, 2020
Man charged with murder in death of Apex single mother | Raleigh News & Observer
[...]

Jose Carlos Jacome-Granzio of Sumter Heights Court in Raleigh is being held without bond in the Wake County jail. If convicted of first-degree murder, he faces the death penalty or life in prison without parole.

[...]

Court records show Jacome-Granizo with previous 2006 charges of assault with a deadly weapon with attempt to kill in Guilford County. Morrisville police charged him in 2015 with maintaining a dwelling for controlled substances, a felony.

[...]

Sumter Heights Ct - Google Maps

Note: 2006 s/b 2016

In this video, the reporter says Emily's mom told him that "on the night before Thanksgiving, Emily left with the man her daughter had been dating for months. As I spoke with her she told me the boyfriend had beaten her multiple times, even once prompting a trip to the hospital. I begged her to file charges but she wouldn't do it."

Friends, family mourn Apex woman called a true joy :: WRAL.com

Last edited:
Someone deleted a very key post from her best friend from MI talking about her married exboyfriend and his wife who beat her up several times. If someone made a copy of that please repost. It is very important information for the police. No body has been found. Why is there not more effort including from her family to find her.

Because it is a criminal investigation. LE is not going to accept any voluntary searches during that.

DEC 16, 2020
N.C. man charged in disappearance of young mother missing since day before Thanksgiving (kiro7.com)
[...]

On Thanksgiving, Montgomery texted a friend and said she and Jacome-Granizo were not getting along. One message was particularly ominous.

“She was going to kill Jose before he killed her,” the text read, according to the News & Observer.

Later that night, Montgomery texted again: “It is going to happen. He is going to kill me first.”

[...]

Amy Montgomery told police she received a text Thanksgiving night from her daughter’s phone. The message said Emily Montgomery was checking into rehab.

Amy Montgomery did not believe the text was written by her daughter, the News & Observer reported.

When questioned by Apex police detectives on Nov. 28, Jacome-Granizo said he took Emily Montgomery to his mother’s Cary home for Thanksgiving dinner, but that Montgomery refused to go inside because she hadn’t done her hair.

He claimed that she was gone when he came outside 30 minutes later, according to the warrant.

[...]

Cellphone records indicated that Montgomery’s and Jacome-Granizo’s phones were together after the visit to his mother’s home, authorities said.

[...]

Detectives obtained a search warrant for Jacome-Granizo’s Jeep, which was examined with Luminol, a chemical that, when combined with oxidizing agents like blood, emits a glow when exposed to a specific type of light.

The test showed large amounts of blood had been cleaned up from the front seat of the Jeep, the warrant states.

[...]

Condolences to her family and loved ones. May Emily rest in peace. :(

DEC 19, 2020
Apex police find body of young mother Emily Montgomery :: WRAL.com
[...]

Her body was found near the 7300 block of ACC Boulevard in Raleigh in an industrial area near Briar Creek.

Her body has been sent to the state medical examiner's office in Raleigh for an autopsy.

[...]

DEC 16, 2020
N.C. man charged in disappearance of young mother missing since day before Thanksgiving (kiro7.com)
[...]

On Thanksgiving, Montgomery texted a friend and said she and Jacome-Granizo were not getting along. One message was particularly ominous.

“She was going to kill Jose before he killed her,” the text read, according to the News & Observer.

Later that night, Montgomery texted again: “It is going to happen. He is going to kill me first.”

[...]

Amy Montgomery told police she received a text Thanksgiving night from her daughter’s phone. The message said Emily Montgomery was checking into rehab.

Amy Montgomery did not believe the text was written by her daughter, the News & Observer reported.

When questioned by Apex police detectives on Nov. 28, Jacome-Granizo said he took Emily Montgomery to his mother’s Cary home for Thanksgiving dinner, but that Montgomery refused to go inside because she hadn’t done her hair.

He claimed that she was gone when he came outside 30 minutes later, according to the warrant.

[...]

Cellphone records indicated that Montgomery’s and Jacome-Granizo’s phones were together after the visit to his mother’s home, authorities said.

[...]

Detectives obtained a search warrant for Jacome-Granizo’s Jeep, which was examined with Luminol, a chemical that, when combined with oxidizing agents like blood, emits a glow when exposed to a specific type of light.

The test showed large amounts of blood had been cleaned up from the front seat of the Jeep, the warrant states.

[...]
I HATE pressing like on this.
:0(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member