Found Deceased NC - Emily Elizabeth Montgomery, 26, Apex, 25 Nov 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, it is. It makes me sick to think about her little boy missing his mama right now and that she'll never get to see him grow up. If Jose doesn't get the death penalty, I hope he never experiences one second of joy for as long as he continues to breathe. MOO
It makes me sick, this woman knew he was going to do something to end her life....
It breaks my heart...

wral.com confirmed her body was found near an industrial park. Her mother has specifically requested that people not ask her about the murder and that she doesn't want to give this monster another thought, but she knows it will be 2+ years of court. Greyson will be raised by his grandparents. It's all just too much to bear.

But they got her home before Christmas and CJ is going to be brought to justice.

This is so devastating!
Thanks for posting, @Warwick7 -- I just saw this article looking thru my emails this morning. She lived within probably 20--25 miles of where I live, so this is a local thing for me. I did not know her or her family, but I'm sure many of us have been affected by a tragedy near them which involved people they did not know.
So glad we have a suspect.
Still SMH.
Prayers and justice for Emily, her family and for her little son.

DEC 16, 2020
N.C. man charged in disappearance of young mother missing since day before Thanksgiving (kiro7.com)
[...]

On Thanksgiving, Montgomery texted a friend and said she and Jacome-Granizo were not getting along. One message was particularly ominous.

“She was going to kill Jose before he killed her,” the text read, according to the News & Observer.

Later that night, Montgomery texted again: “It is going to happen. He is going to kill me first.”

[...]

Amy Montgomery told police she received a text Thanksgiving night from her daughter’s phone. The message said Emily Montgomery was checking into rehab.

Amy Montgomery did not believe the text was written by her daughter, the News & Observer reported.

When questioned by Apex police detectives on Nov. 28, Jacome-Granizo said he took Emily Montgomery to his mother’s Cary home for Thanksgiving dinner, but that Montgomery refused to go inside because she hadn’t done her hair.

He claimed that she was gone when he came outside 30 minutes later, according to the warrant.

[...]

Cellphone records indicated that Montgomery’s and Jacome-Granizo’s phones were together after the visit to his mother’s home, authorities said.

[...]

Detectives obtained a search warrant for Jacome-Granizo’s Jeep, which was examined with Luminol, a chemical that, when combined with oxidizing agents like blood, emits a glow when exposed to a specific type of light.

The test showed large amounts of blood had been cleaned up from the front seat of the Jeep, the warrant states.

[...]

bbm
Oops... and hmmmm. They think they are so smart and then the penny drops.
Thank goodness for stoopid murderers and smart detectives!
Another tragedy at such a time for friends and family...

Just saw this:

Body of Missing N.C. Mom Is Found Weeks After She Texted That Boyfriend 'Is Going to Kill Me'
Police were able to locate Emily Montgomery's body in Raleigh, a little more than a week after arresting and charging her boyfriend with her murder
By KC Baker
December 21, 2020 12:09 PM
The body of a young North Carolina mother who vanished just before Thanksgiving has been found, say authorities.
On Saturday, police located the body of Emily Montgomery near the 7300 block of ACC Blvd. in Raleigh, according to a release from the Apex Police Department.
[...]
U.S. Marshalls helped arrest Jacome-Granizo at his apartment in Raleigh, WNCN reports.
Jacome-Granizo has not yet entered a plea, according to the Wake County Court clerk. He is scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 31.
------------------------------------

More here:
Body of Missing N.C. Mom Is Found Weeks After She Texted That Boyfriend 'Is Going to Kill Me'

OBITUARY
Emily Elizabeth Montgomery
MAY 11, 1994 – NOVEMBER 25, 2020

emily-montgomery-apex-nc-obituary.jpg

Emily Elizabeth Montgomery, 26, of Apex, NC, was taken from us November 25, 2020.
Emily was born May 11, 1994 in Youngstown, OH to [redacted] and was lovingly adopted at age 8 by [redacted].

Emily moved to NC with her family Feb 2015. She was a licensed esthetician. After graduating from Aveda Institute with honors and perfect attendance, she dove right into eyelash extensions and became a master stylist within 6-7 months; something to be proud of. She believed everyone had natural beauty and that her services were only meant to enhance those and decided to open her own salon in Cary, NC to broaden her services. She was excellent at what she did and was a true people person and pleaser.

If you knew Emily, you would see beauty, strength, light, love, compassion. She was honest, sometimes to a fault. She was fierce. She was sassy. She was loyal. She was joy and pure magic. And her smile and laughter lit up a room. We only wish she saw herself the way we saw her.

[...]

Emily Montgomery Obituary - Apex, NC (dignitymemorial.com)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back