NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey: "Yeah, and when I told- she did not know there was other ladies there with her to pick her up (She is making it sound like Carolyn knew Erica was with Nan but that contradicts the facebook messages and what Carolyn has said) and she's- I told her about Strawberry and her exact words was, I hate to say that on this, but she was like, "That *****. If I know she's in on this, I'm going to kill her." and I said, "You've met Strawberry before, Carolyn?" and she goes, "I lived with her for almost 6 months." (I have not heard Carolyn confirm or deny that she knows Strawberry) That's- I didn't even know she knew these people, not the Strawberry woman and Kelly. I knew she knew Nan (She doesn't) . I didn't know she knew Strawberry and them. "

Casey has been in touch with Carolyn in January. There is some kind of falling out with Erica not liking Carolyn. Messages exchanged from Erica to Carolyn to stay away. All of a sudden, a stranger contacts Casey, says she is Ericas grandmother and that Carolyn has fed her information about everybody. Casey has been described as a fighter. Fights with banks, fights to get her sons job back at food lion. Seems to me that Casey would be calling or messaging Carolyn and asking her What the F*ck is her intentions sicking her deadbeat baby's daddy's mother on them. But no, never contacts her once.

Combing through the older posts on thread #1

First one: http://m.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/grandparents-concerned-over-missing-15-year-old-gi/nZFQz/

Who was yelling and what was the moving truck about???
The article is dated the 5th -so less than a week after Jamie declared her missing. However, in this story, the grandparents say they found out she was missing two weeks ago. They did nothing?

Second One: http://m.wbtv.com/autojuice?targetU...eported-missing-two-years-after-disappearance

** The lawyer says that Carolyn contacted the Parsons in 2011 and introduced them to a couple (not just Nan) and that Erica stayed with this couple. I noticed that when Casey spoke about Nan she often said "They"
When did the story go from a couple to Nan?

She must have concocted the "Nan" story because parents of runaway teens usually call the police out of worry for their naive child. She over-complicated the tale in order to avoid being asked why she didn't call the police after nearly 2 years. But ultimately, it would have been easier for them to be considered terribly uncaring parents for not reporting their runaway child missing, than to be burying themselves in a deeper and deeper web of ridiculous lies. Not only are they failing to keep the lies realistic, but they've made them easy to disprove by mentioning specific imaginary characters. I think it was simply Casey's unintelligent error to over-complicate the story.

I disagree that Casey is definitely the one responsible for her disappearance. I think Sandy is the one pulling the strings and allowing his wife to do the talking and take the flack, while he attempts to distance himself from the whole business, and is pretending to be quiet and submissive so as not to draw attention to himself. Remember, he has convictions for beating Casey up - and that was probably the tip of the iceberg, because most domestic abuse goes unheard of. So he wasn't that scared of her. Also, Casey made a comment in the emails to Carolyn saying "don't tell big Sandy". This made me think that Casey was taking the initiative to explain away Erica's disappearance to Carolyn, against Sandy's advice.

your first part i agree with. your second part is a good logical theory.

Does anybody else find this craigslist ad to be very odd? Who would post something like that? It says to either contact the author of the post or the police. If the poster is trying to get the news out to Asheville, why did they post it in the Charlotte Craigslist? Asheville has it's own Craigslist community.

FWIW, Casey mentioned that the police said they found Janice in Carolina Beach...which is pretty far from Charlotte or Asheville. Of course, I believe about .00001% of what Casey says.

the parsons spend a lot of time on craigslist it seems...
maybe this is a trap by LE to see if stooped casey responds with any "anonymous tips" to the author....

the parsons spend a lot of time on craigslist it seems...
maybe this is a trap by LE to see if stooped casey responds with any "anonymous tips" to the author....

shhhh.... as much as she's online (idc what she says to biomom) id bet my last dollar she's readinghere...

your time is limited, honey! go read the elaina thread, youre best off making a deal...

I think this is a situation where she's not that smart, but has a really dynamic imagination and ability to lie. Just not smart enough to keep track of where she's not making sense or contradicting her earlier lies. (E.g., Nan has horses and enough money to pick up Erica in a big SUV full of new clothes and shoes...but later on Nan's phone bill gets shut off for nonpayment.) But she can make up stuff on the spot like a champ.

It's like watching a bright six-year-old try to lie about not stealing the cookies while she's got crumbs all over her shirt.

I think while Casey was keeping her family at bay those almost two years, including Carolyn, on where Erica was, she was able to maintain the same parroting story over and over again, and if they started to get insistent that is when she went into defensive mode with her, "Erica's our daughter and we'll do what we want with her."

This is probably the first time Casey had to tell this story outside her own extended family. And that is when she started tripping up. As dumb as her whole "Nan" story sounds, her response answers, as you pointed out regarding the "nonpayment phone bill" completely don't make sense if "Nan" can shower Erica with gifts and a whole new wardrobe.

don't underestimate the power of parental anger and abuse.

as a kid, I continually had bruises all over my legs, butt and back thanks to my mother (as did my brothers). I was not a bad kid/teen. in fact, I was so afraid of my parents that I was so freaking straight laced until I turned 18 and left their house. for me to get my *advertiser censored* kicked all I had to do was have the wrong look on my face or not be sitting up straight in church with the appearance of be thrilled to be there. or any other little thing that my mom just happened to disapprove of. I never talked back. I never did drugs or steal anything or fight with my brothers or do anything that really deserved punishment. it was all superficial stuff that just pissed my mom off.

for some f'd up parents it really doesn't take much for them to take out their own issues on a kid.

Exactly! Its not about the victim, It's about the abuser. Your just the punching bag to take out work, spouse, life, etc aggressions!
My own opinion is CP never bonded with this child, in the beginning when she was a baby she thought she had a new kid, then as Erica grew she resembled her Mom and not the P family. She was probably different due to her learning disabilities and possible FAS (has been briefly discussed here) So she became the target for bullying in this house. I have no doubt the early stories are true in that the whole family made fun of here, picked on her, bullied her, etc. What happened in Nov 2011 is the million dollar question.
I wake up every morning thinking of her and hoping today is the day something happens in the case. I want her laid to rest and to be able to go visit her and tell her about all the wonderful people that care about her and love her and think of her everyday...and are fighting for justice in her name. I know everyone is holding on to hope but its time to focus towards justice.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/fbi-urging-public-help-piece-together-erica-parson/nZpjM/

back in the home but still moving stuff out? Why are they living in a place after they took out the fridge. Did they dismember the body and keep in the fridge until they could dispose of it?

From that video, they got a lot of storage containers stacked in the garage ready to move. I bet Casey thinks if she gets arrested that she doesn't want anything left behind for the in-laws or extended family that hates them to be rooting around through their stuff.

So my guess they're putting it in a storage unit, out building or garage where there son Sandy "Wade" Parsons Jr. and his wife lives. Apparently they don't think LE can serve a search warrant anywhere, at any house, anytime as long as they have probable cause.

I think this is a situation where she's not that smart, but has a really dynamic imagination and ability to lie. Just not smart enough to keep track of where she's not making sense or contradicting her earlier lies. (E.g., Nan has horses and enough money to pick up Erica in a big SUV full of new clothes and shoes...but later on Nan's phone bill gets shut off for nonpayment.) But she can make up stuff on the spot like a champ.

It's like watching a bright six-year-old try to lie about not stealing the cookies while she's got crumbs all over her shirt.

BBM...Where did she ever say that Nan's phone got shut off for non-payment? From listening to the interviews and watching Dr Phil, I got the impression that the number she had for "Nan" just stopped working. Like it could have been a throw-away phone number.

I am not defending Casey..I think she lies about everything. But I am trying to keep facts straight here in the thread.

Combing through the older posts on thread #1

First one: http://m.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/grandparents-concerned-over-missing-15-year-old-gi/nZFQz/

Who was yelling and what was the moving truck about???
The article is dated the 5th -so less than a week after Jamie declared her missing. However, in this story, the grandparents say they found out she was missing two weeks ago. They did nothing?

Second One: http://m.wbtv.com/autojuice?targetU...eported-missing-two-years-after-disappearance

** The lawyer says that Carolyn contacted the Parsons in 2011 and introduced them to a couple (not just Nan) and that Erica stayed with this couple. I noticed that when Casey spoke about Nan she often said "They"
When did the story go from a couple to Nan?

If Erica was really with her grandmother, I wouldn't consider a grandmother a distant relative !!

I don't think this attorney has any children or whatever lies they told him the first day he bought hook line and sinker.

No responsible parent in their right mind would allow one of their children to just say she doesn't want to come back home. And even "IF" the child was acting out and the parent agreed to allow them to go live with a relative, the parent would still maintain a connection .... a phone number, address, e-mail, facebook, pictures, letters, cards, holiday gifts, invites to family events.

You don't just write off your kids with "Oh Well, they just don't want to come back home."

Thanks, I missed that part about the "couple."

========================================
http://m.wbtv.com/autojuice?targetU...eported-missing-two-years-after-disappearance

"That attorney, Carlyle Sherrill, told WBTV that his clients were contacted by the Erica's birth mother in 2011. She introduced the family to a couple, some type of distant relative, who supposedly lived in the Asheville area.

Sherrill says the Parsons let Erica visit the couple three times and after the third visit Erica never came back home.

"In February 2012, they received a phone call from her and she let them know in no uncertain terms she didn't want to come back," Sherrill told WBTV. "This is a rebellious teenager who seemed to be safe, seemed to be where she wants to be."

Sherrill says the couple didn't report Erica missing because they thought she just decided not to come back."
========================================

I'm happy the FBI is publicizing their efforts to find Erica and that the media is still reporting everything they can. I hope the continued pressure of publicity on the adoptive parents will soon lead to Erica's whereabouts.

BBM...Where did she ever say that Nan's phone got shut off for non-payment? From listening to the interviews and watching Dr Phil, I got the impression that the number she had for "Nan" just stopped working. Like it could have been a throw-away phone number.

I am not defending Casey..I think she lies about everything. But I am trying to keep facts straight here in the thread.

This is a long post, transcriptions being made of interviews. Casey floats the nonpayment idea in this part of the transcription. Try ^F in your browser for nonpayment (I'm on iPad or I'd pull out the exact sentence).

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19-Nov-2011 - #2 - *ENDANGERED*

4 1/2 feet tall, 80 pounds, and boy crazy. :facepalm:

I watched the dr phil again last night and to me she talks in a childish voice when asked hard Questions. Sandy just sits there like he will turn into the hulk at any moment :S I have to say he seems more convincing to me than she does but it may be because he doesn't change his facial expression. I have known of familys who get a bee in their bonnet towards one family member but the whole lot of them ?? You have to ask yourself why. When he spoke she was looking all over the place and biting her lip like she hopes he says the right thing. So much :moo:

well she should know phone records will trip her up. FBI probably know already if all her story is bs.

I guess I'm interested in people's thoughts on why no one has been arrested yet.

I really believe that the LE are waiting until they have all the info they need to actually prosecute. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr