NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no proof that a crime has been committed.

At worst, there may be a charge related to the Parsons taking money, but their cooperation far outweighs any urgency in arresting them on something minor like that.

Oh my! :silenced: Nice try though!

The con artist would have achieved the goal of obtaining Erica with the very first visit so there would have been no need for further contact at that point.

My thoughts exactly!!!

The con artist would have achieved the goal of obtaining Erica with the very first visit so there would have been no need for further contact at that point.

Unless the con-artist was waiting for Erica to be WILLING to stay with them. It is a very different circumstance to keep an unwilling teenage girl in captivity than to keep one who is compliant.
The first scenario greatly restricts movement, while the second scenario means that
both the con-artist & the victim can move about freely in society.
Then maybe they'll talk her into a make-over ...
for instance, typically many teenagers want to try being a blond.
Then maybe they will give her a nickname go with her new lifestyle.
Then they will have a compliant victim who is no longer easily recognizable as her former self.

MOO

Unless the con-artist was waiting for Erica to be WILLING to stay with them.
It is a very different circumstance to keep an unwilling teenage girl in captivity than to keep one who is compliant.
The first scenario greatly restricts movement, while the second scenario means that both the con-artist & the victim can move about freely in society.
Then maybe they'll talk her into a make-over ... for instance, typically many teenagers want to try being a blond.

So what is the con artist doing now with all of this publicity? What about Erica? Both the biological mother and the adoptive mother have asked for Erica to call someone and let them know she's okay. The adoptive mother, speaking for herself and her husband, stated that they would work things out. They don't care if Erica comes home. So why would Erica not be willing to call and let someone know she's okay?
Maybe I'm jaded but I just don't believe the adoptive parents have been duped.

Just a random thought but I wonder if casey has an account on here and has posted in the jonbenet (sp) threads seeing as she was so interested in the case ??

If as Casey claims, Carolyn introduced or somehow connected these fictitious relatives to Erica and the Parsons family, why then did Casey feel it necessary to perpetuate the lie that Erica was with her and send emails in response to Carolyn's inquiries about Erica's well being that were full of lies and false updates about Erica's life with the Parsonses?

If Carolyn was the person who led the false relatives to Erica, why would Casey not simply tell Carolyn that Erica was spending time with those same "relatives"?

Why the big lie over the course of several emails and several years?

It makes no sense. I can't bend over far enough to make this somehow Carolyn's fault when there are others that have repeatedly lied and have every motivation to continue doing so right in front of my nose. No bending neelded KWIM?

Your wonderful post made me think of something else:

After the Parsones were unable to contact Nan by phone they launched their search for Erica/Nan with a thorough FB investigation (lawls). Beyond that....nothing. Oh wellz, life goes on!

It would seem logical to at least attempt to contact the person who introduced Nan into their lives, wouldn't it? The person who also knows Nan (according the CP)... Carolyn. And yet, they never did that. I wonder why they never did that?

(I don't really wonder why they never did that. I have a pretty good idea of why they never did that.)

So what is the con artist doing now with all of this publicity? What about Erica? Both the biological mother and the adoptive mother have asked for Erica to call someone and let them know she's okay. The adoptive mother, speaking for herself and her husband, stated that they would work things out. They don't care if Erica comes home. So why would Erica not be willing to call and let someone know she's okay?

The con artist would be trying to hide ... rather than be arrested for fraud.

None of us here know the full true story about this case yet. I am quite aware that
it is a very REAL possibility that the adoptive parents have caused some harm to Erica.
There are many here who already sleuth out the corroborative evidence to back up that scenario.

But to solve the case, LE has to consider ALL possible scenarios, howevery unlikely !
It is LE's job to consider ALL possible scenarios to solve the case.

So I am trying to be a detective ... or websleuth :) ... and think of other possible scenarios.

---

On the other note, it is definitely NOT a given that Erica would come forward willingly now ... because
if she is happy where she is, she would feel that coming forward might threathen her new life style.

We KNOW that Erica cannot be living with her paternal bio grandmother (who is deceased),
so first of all, the authorities would not allow a child to live with
an unrelated individual who obtained her through deception & fraud.
Also considering the possibility that CP could have "sold" Erica to "Nan",
the authorities would veto the possibility of Erica still continuing to live with "Nan"
& thus she may be placed into foster care while others fight over Erica's residency.

Second, Erica would be afraid that the adoptive parents would try to claim her back ... & they
might be even more abusive to her upon her return, for having caused all these recent problems.
Not to mention, that the adoptive mom has demonstrated repeatedly
that she has no genuine love & affection for Erica.
I think those latest letters about how much Erica loves CP are obviously pure crap.

Third, although I don't think the bio mom is likely to have any culpability in this story,
I am not sure that Erica would want to go with bio mom if she tries to assert guardianship
... because Erica has only met her once, so they do not have any kind of bond yet.
Also CarP has repeatedly discussed her low income status.
Since Erica has not had a lot of love in her life so far, like many other teenagers, she would
probably rather go with a kind wealthier individual who is able to supply what whe asks for.

MOO

The con artist would be trying to hide ... rather than be arrested for fraud.

None of us here know the full true story about this case yet. I am quite aware that
it is a very REAL possibility that the adoptive parents have caused some harm to Erica.
There are many here who already sleuth out the corroborative evidence to back up that scenario.

But to solve the case, LE has to consider ALL possible scenarios, howevery unlikely !
It is LE's job to consider ALL possible scenarios to solve the case.

So I am trying to be a detective ... or websleuth :) ... and think of other possible scenarios.

---

On the other note, it is definitely NOT a given that Erica would come forward willingly now ... because
if she is happy where she is, she would feel that coming forward might threathen her new life style.

We KNOW that Erica cannot be living with her paternal bio grandmother (who is deceased),
so first of all, the authorities would not allow a child to live with
an unrelated individual who obtained her through deception & fraud.
Also considering the possibility that CP could have "sold" Erica to "Nan",
the authorities would veto the possibility of Erica still continuing to live with "Nan"
& thus she may be placed into foster care while others fight over Erica's residency.

Second, Erica would be afraid that the adoptive parents would try to claim her back ... & they
might be even more abusive to her upon her return, for having caused all these recent problems.
Not to mention, that the adoptive mom has demonstrated repeatedly
that she has no genuine love & affection for Erica.
I think those latest letters about how much Erica loves CP are obviously pure crap.

Third, although I don't think the bio mom is likely to have any culpability in this story,
I am not sure that Erica would want to go with bio mom if she tries to assert guardianship
... because Erica has only met her once, so they do not have any kind of bond yet.
Also CarP has repeatedly discussed her low income status.
Since Erica has not had a lot of love in her life so far, like many other teenagers, she would
probably rather go with a kind wealthier individual who is able to supply what whe asks for.

MOO

RBBM: She is hiding! IMO - she would rather be arrested for fraud than murder.

If any of your scenario's are true, you would have to believe something CP and SP are saying. I don't believe a word they say. Nothing, they have said has turned out to be true. There is NO Nan, NO Strawberry! IMO - we need to find Erica's body and bring her "parents" to justice! It pains me to type that.. :cry:

They are trying to save their own skin, and I am sure they never thought this case would be this huge. I truly believe they thought it would go away. In their tiny little minds, I am sure they thought they could scam the nation. Nobody ever cared about little Erica before, why would they care now? :banghead: Predators prey on weak, helpless children. IMO - they preyed on Erica and her dysfunctional family.

Erica's Bio-Mom has nothing to do with Erica missing. Everything points to CP and SP!

:twocents:

I thought of something else ... in JUST 4 months Erica with turn 16 !
Where I live, a 16 year old can decide for themself where they want to live.
So maybe "Nan" & Erica only think they have 4 months of hiding to do ...
& that if they go public after her 16th birthday, Erica will be able to decide
where she chooses to live without the courts having any say in the matter.

I think while Casey was keeping her family at bay those almost two years, including Carolyn, on where Erica was, she was able to maintain the same parroting story over and over again, and if they started to get insistent that is when she went into defensive mode with her, "Erica's our daughter and we'll do what we want with her."

This is probably the first time Casey had to tell this story outside her own extended family. And that is when she started tripping up. As dumb as her whole "Nan" story sounds, her response answers, as you pointed out regarding the "nonpayment phone bill" completely don't make sense if "Nan" can shower Erica with gifts and a whole new wardrobe.

I agree! I really think that in her mind Casey thought that she would just tell LE the same story that she had told the family and that LE would just say "oh, okay, she's with her Nan, lets leave them be". I don't believe it ever occurred to her that LE would follow up and make sure that Erica is actually alive and well, living with "Nan". She thought that LE would just buy the story hook, line and sinker just like the rest of the family. When LE didn't buy it, her stories (LIES) became more and more elaborate and she started tripping herself up. I admit after that first interview, I started to believe her....but then she kept talking, and talking, and talking. The more she said the worse it became. I don't believe a word of what she says now.

But is that worth not coming forward and facing the FBI for? I mean if its only 4 months away I would just come forward now...they willingly let her go there and haven't made a fuss to get her back so why would they even think there would be a problem..JMO

There is NO Nan, NO Strawberry!

That statement makes it sound like you are an emotionally invested reader
who wants to prove that the adoptive parents are guilty ... whether it is true or not.

LE cannot be biased like that ...
because the family of Erica's bio father has confirmed that Strawberry DOES exist.

The front page of the "Salisbury Post" newspaper
of Saturday, August 24, 2013 @1:09am Shavonne POTTS reported this ...

Members of Billy GOODMAN's family - including his sister, Teresa & brother, Ray GOODMAN - were in attendance. Teresa's husband, Tony & their daughter, Christina, were also there. The GOODMANs all said Casey & Sandy PARSONS were not being truthful.

"There is no Nan. There is no Irene GOODMAN. There never was in our family.
My mother died in 2005", said Teresa GOODMAN.

Teresa's daughter, Christina GOODMAN, held up a picture of a woman she said was Erica's real paternal grandmother, Chloe.

Christina said Kelly, who the PARSONSes have said was Erica's half-sister, does exist.

http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20130824/SP01/130829833/0/FRONTPAGE

I tried to use this link where the article was before, but the link has expired, so I don't know where the article is now ... however I kept a complete copy of the article & can send it to anyone who asks for it.

Remember that bio mom had a brief affair with bio dad ...
it is not like ANYONE in the PARSONS family were ever friends with the paternal bio family.

So where is CP's info on that G family coming from ?
How would CP have ever heard of bio dad's girlfriend "Strawberry"
& her daughter & the last one's baby ... all happening over a span of many years ?

I agree that CP has told some lies ... but that doesn't mean she lies about everything.
CP said that LE told her Strawberry (or JJ) was living in Carolina Beach.
I also remember that ACR mentioned that he found a JJ in Carolina Beach
and I was able to confirm that also.

There is no proof that a crime has been committed.

At worst, there may be a charge related to the Parsons taking money, but their cooperation far outweighs any urgency in arresting them on something minor like that.

Sorry but I disagree. I do not believe that their lies should be considered 'cooperating'. I do not think that taking money for a child that they have not seen or heard from in nearly 2 years is a 'minor' crime. Furthermore, dropping a child that you are responsible for to an adult that you know virtually nothing about (address, REAL name, criminal history, etc etc at a McDonalds parking lot wouldn't that be child endangerment, therefore a crime? I've seen parents lose custody of kids for leaving them home alone for a few hours when they were too young, giving them to a stranger seems like it would be just as dangerous if not worse. JMO

Just a random thought but I wonder if casey has an account on here and has posted in the jonbenet (sp) threads seeing as she was so interested in the case ??

If she writes anything like she speaks, it would be really really easy to find out.....just scroll through the old threads and look for posts that say "they was" and " we was" :)

I do not believe that their lies should be considered 'cooperating'.

Irregardless of anyone's personal belief, it is a known fact that LE & prosecutors
HAVE made deals with much more hardened criminals many times before.
They have even put known mafia hitmen into the witness protection program.
So if deals can be struck for repeat killers like that,
it would be naive to think that a deal could not be struck for a one time murderer.

Irregardless of anyone's personal belief, it is a known fact that LE & prosecutors
HAVE made deals with much more hardened criminals many times before.
They have even put known mafia hitmen into the witness protection program.
So if deals can be struck for repeat killers like that,
it would be naive to think that a deal could not be struck for a one time murderer.

I understand that, but when they are making deals with those hardened criminals, they usually make a deal with them so that they can nail the "bigger fish" who would the bigger fish be in this case?

That statement makes it sound like you are an emotionally invested reader
who wants to prove that the adoptive parents are guilty ... whether it is true or not.

LE cannot be biased like that ...
because the family of Erica's bio father has confirmed that Strawberry DOES exist.

The front page of the "Salisbury Post" newspaper
of Saturday, August 24, 2013 @1:09am Shavonne POTTS reported this ...

http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20130824/SP01/130829833/0/FRONTPAGE

I tried to use this link where the article was before, but the link has expired, so I don't know where the article is now ... however I kept a complete copy of the article & can send it to anyone who asks for it.

Remember that bio mom had a brief affair with bio dad ...
it is not like ANYONE in the PARSONS family were ever friends with the paternal bio family.

So where is CP's info on that G family coming from ?
How would CP have ever heard of bio dad's girlfriend "Strawberry"
& her daughter & the last one's baby ... all happening over a span of many years ?
RBBM: Just because members look at the case, see there has been nothing to support the adopted parents stories, doesn't mean it's based on emotion. Strawberry and Nan have not been found. Until there is SOME kind of truth, I don't believe the adoptive parents.

On the other hand, the bio-Mom and everything she has said has been proven by CP's own Facebook posts.

It seems to be a current trend on WS to call another poster "emotional" if they don't agree with another point of view. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine has nothing to do with emotions. Just the truth. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro