NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what charges other than keeping that money and not reporting Erica not living there. They still dont know if Erica is dead or alive although she most likey has been dead for 2 years.

They haven't said they know if she is dead or alive but maybe are holding that information from the public until they find more evidence of who did it or. Waiting for casey to dig a bigger hole for herself and that could be why no one has been taken in? I don't really know just thinking out loud :)

This is a long post, transcriptions being made of interviews. Casey floats the nonpayment idea in this part of the transcription. Try ^F in your browser for nonpayment (I'm on iPad or I'd pull out the exact sentence).

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19-Nov-2011 - #2 - *ENDANGERED*

OK...So she did not say it WAS disconnected for non payment...just throwing out a possible explanation. One that might be common in her world, but not one that would be likely in the world of a financially secure person. I listened to all of the interviews and read all of the transcripts. My impression was that she was saying the phone was just a throwaway.

To set the record straight, I am quoting the transcript below.

Casey: Well, about a week after the conversation about the not coming to the birthday party, Erica did not want us at her birthday party. And, that was the whole same conversation about her staying there. Um, we was very hurt then but, we- I called about, I would say probably about a week later and several other times too because I didn't know if it was just her phone got disconnected from nonpayment- it would only say it was not receiving phone calls at this time. So..

I suppose the results of the testing of the items taken out of the house and building haven't come back yet. So, until those red-stained pieces of drywall, etc. are proven to contain Erica's blood, I'd guess no-one can be charged with murder.
On further thought, I'd love to know if LE asked them about those stains and what they would have answered.

OK...So she did not say it WAS disconnected for non payment...just throwing out a possible explanation. One that might be common in her world, but not one that would be likely in the world of a financially secure person. I listened to all of the interviews and read all of the transcripts. My impression was that she was saying the phone was just a throwaway.

To set the record straight, I am quoting the transcript below.

I see what you're saying and I'm typically passionate about facts, but the point I was making is that Casey apparently forgot she's gone out of her way to describe Nan as being well-off and providing for every possible need Erica could have, since suggesting her phone was shut off for nonpayment is incongruous with that fantasy.

I guess I'm interested in people's thoughts on why no one has been arrested yet.

There is no proof that a crime has been committed.

At worst, there may be a charge related to the Parsons taking money, but their cooperation far outweighs any urgency in arresting them on something minor like that.

I'd also love to know how much of the stuff they're packing up and moving will be dumped somewhere. You know, just out of curiosity.

I think they need to wait and collect evidence and also keep them talking. A defense attorney would probably smear bio mom and family and try to create a scenario where bio family is involved especially since bio mom has been looking for family. or turn this around on the brother. No matter what I think happened this would be a weak case if they arrested now unless they have a lot of evidence that hasnt been released. A good attorney could easily spin alot of reasonable doubt.

Anyone know if they have taken dogs onto the property yet?

I think they need to wait and collect evidence and also keep them talking. A defense attorney would probably smear bio mom and family and try to create a scenario where bio family is involved especially since bio mom has been looking for family. or turn this around on the brother. No matter what I think happened this would be a weak case if they arrested now unless they have a lot of evidence that hasnt been released. A good attorney could easily spin alot of reasonable doubt.

I think the current attorney has probably advised them not to give any more interviews since clearly they can't come up with a plausible story. He has also already started trying to shift the blame to the biological mother by saying she was the one who introduced Nan into Erica's life.

I just watched tonight's 11:00 news on WBTV, channel 3. After the attorney for the Parsons publicly implicated Carolyn Parsons, channel 3 interviewed her.

As I pointed out before, she has never publicly denied this allegation. Tonight, after being called out, she had the perfect opportunity to confirm or deny it. And...

She avoided the allegation. She just talked about how someone (did not name names) told her to stop talking or go home. She says she has not spoken to the Parsons, so that is not coming from them.

Interesting.

Combing through the older posts on thread #1

First one: http://m.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/grandparents-concerned-over-missing-15-year-old-gi/nZFQz/

Who was yelling and what was the moving truck about???
The article is dated the 5th -so less than a week after Jamie declared her missing. However, in this story, the grandparents say they found out she was missing two weeks ago. They did nothing?

Notice in that article that direct comments from the grandparents are in quotes.
The rest is the reporter's comments.
So it looks like it is the reporter who is inaccurately calling the period from
30 July 2013 to 05 August 2013 to be a 2 week interval, when it is only 8 days.

We know LE says the missing report was made on 30 July 2013 but the reporter says ...

Deputies said she was just reported missing about two weeks ago.

Erica Parson's grandparents told Eyewitness News they've been asking their son or daughter where the teenager was, but they just learned two weeks ago that Parsons was missing.

MOO

I just watched tonight's 11:00 news on WBTV, channel 3. After the attorney for the Parsons publicly implicated Carolyn Parsons, channel 3 interviewed her.

As I pointed out before, she has never publicly denied this allegation. Tonight, after being called out, she had the perfect opportunity to confirm or deny it. And...

She avoided the allegation. She just talked about how someone (did not name names) told her to stop talking or go home. She says she has not spoken to the Parsons, so that is not coming from them.

Interesting.

Do you have a link to the interview? Maybe it hasn't been posted yet but I can't find what you're describing.

Reading through CP's interviews, I'm concerned that she was allegedly home schooling anyone. The way she doesn't use the past tense with the verb "to be" with we & they (she says "we was" and "they was" instead of "we were" and "they were")....Oy vey. I'd hate to think of her teaching anyone English. But we know not having a great homeschool teacher wasn't the worst problem Erica faced at this woman's hands before she went missing. :(

Do you have a link to the interview? Maybe it hasn't been posted yet but I can't find what you're describing.

No, and I hope it will be up later. Perhaps the lengthy high school football wrap-up program is keeping them busy right now. I'll keep checking and post a link when it comes up.

I see what you're saying and I'm typically passionate about facts, but the point I was making is that Casey apparently forgot she's gone out of her way to describe Nan as being well-off and providing for every possible need Erica could have, since suggesting her phone was shut off for nonpayment is incongruous with that fantasy.

I agree, the statement in itself is contradictory to the fantasy "Nan" lifestyle she was trying to portray. On the other hand, in CP's life it is probably a logical explanation as to why a phone number was no longer working.

Again, I am just trying to discern facts from theory.

Surely LE would have interviewed the biological mother as well as other family members, so I have no reason to believe they wouldn't be fact checking whatever Carolyn may have said as well as what other family members have said. Everyone understands that LE cannot build a case upon hearsay. But, what LE has publicly stated is that the story CP has given is fact-free, in so many words.

regarding the "nonpayment phone bill" completely don't make sense if "Nan" can shower Erica with gifts and a whole new wardrobe

But the "nonpayment" would be an assumption by CP who has a limited education ...
and who it has taken a whole month to figure out that "Nan" is NOT who she claimed to be.
The rest of us saw that fact much sooner.

If someone had been pulling a con to "steal" Erica, then when the con artist
thought the con was complete, they would have disposed of the throw away phone.

Like in that old movie "The Sting" with Paul NEWMAN and Robert REDFORD.

MOO

But the "nonpayment" is just an assumption by CP who has a limited education ... and who it has taken a whole month to figure out that "Nan" is NOT who she claimed to be. The rest of us saw that fact much sooner.

If someone had been pulling a con to "steal" Erica, then when the con artist thought the con was complete, they would have disposed of the throw away phone.

Like in that old movie "The Sting" with Paul NEWMAN and Robert REDFORD.

The con artist would have achieved the goal of obtaining Erica with the very first visit so there would have been no need for further contact at that point.

If Erica was really with her grandmother, I wouldn't consider a grandmother a distant relative !!

But this is a grandmother who is not really connected to the PARSONS family in any way.
In fact the bio father claims that he does NOT have a daughter named Erica.
He has probably never seen her ... so yea I would call that distant ...
definitely not a close intimate relationship is in existence among these family members.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member