NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be SP and CP didn't really want to move, but had to because they were asked to by the owner of the home? Does CP's father own the home SP and CP were living in?

Could it be SP and CP didn't really want to move, but had to because they were asked to by the owner of the home? Does CP's father own the home SP and CP were living in?

The owner is sp dad.

I believe it is SP's father that owns the home. I think they left because they wanted to...not because they were being forced by anybody.

I'm just getting caught up on this one. (I don't live far from it, but I didn't know much about what was going on until yesterday-ish)

I don't think we can compare this to Caylee Anthony for one primary reason: The age difference.

A small child as opposed to a young teen is miles apart on the ability to survive alone scale. I suspect this will either be the repeatedly obvious (family member killed her and family covered it up) or something benign (She's moved off with friend/boyfriend/etc) or something bizarre (We have huge human trafficking issues in NC) and by bizarre, I mean, not family, but something else all together.

I really wish we could get some good news today. At this point I have no idea what "good" would look like in this case, but I hope for it anyway.

I'm just getting caught up on this one. (I don't live far from it, but I didn't know much about what was going on until yesterday-ish)

I don't think we can compare this to Caylee Anthony for one primary reason: The age difference.

A small child as opposed to a young teen is miles apart on the ability to survive alone scale. I suspect this will either be the repeatedly obvious (family member killed her and family covered it up) or something benign (She's moved off with friend/boyfriend/etc) or something bizarre (We have huge human trafficking issues in NC) and by bizarre, I mean, not family, but something else all together.

I thought about the trafficking too but if it is im sure they would find something on her moms computer. moo :seeya:

Just curious.... I think that I read earlier that CarP said that she last saw Erica in early 2011 and that they were getting close and then CasP blocked any further contact between the two. Assuming this is true....

Why would CasP not encourage a relationship with a bmom, yet accept a stranger to take physical custody of the child?

If the bmom had been getting close and then CasP interfered, did bmom not make occassional inquiries after then? I think I read that she hadn't....but how would/did CasP explain where Erica was, allegedly? 'No, Erica is with BDG's mom.....I thought you knew this.' ;)

I also have a birthdaughter through open adoption. I totally respect the space needed by her mom and dad, but I still do occassional/often check-ins via email and facebook on a yearly basis (minimum). New mom will even sometimes contact me to ask "did you ever?" "Has anyone in your family ever . . . ?" I could not imagine having two plus years of no-contact, after having some in the past, unless I was intentionally being avoided.

I am confident that many of my speculations did not happen, but am brainstorming nonetheless.

I think that we may need to start playing the devil's advocate here, to an extent.... Just to respect due dillignce and to expand our perspectives. Tunnel vision might have us dog-piling.

Just curious.... I think that I read earlier that CarP said that she last saw Erica in early 2011 and that they were getting close and then CasP blocked any further contact between the two. Assuming this is true....

Why would CasP not encourage a relationship with a bmom, yet accept a stranger to take physical custody of the child?

First, let me preface my comments by stating that it is my OPINION that Erica is no longer living and most likely perished at the hands of her adoptive parents.

The above-referenced quote has been respectfully snipped and bolded by me.

The bolded portion of the quote is what baffles me also.

By all accounts, CP did not like Erica, treated her poorly, even to the point of allegedly abusing her, and being unreasonable in punishing her.

CarP reportedly attempted to have contact with Erica but was rebuffed by CP.

If CP had such negative feelings towards Erica, and CarP was interested in having a relationship with Erica, then why didn't CP allow CarP to maintain/establish a relationship with Erica, or even allow CarP to regain custody of Erica?

It seems to me that relinquishing a few hundred dollars a month would be much more humane and sensible than having a potential murder charge, plus all of the related charges, (such as relate to the alleged abuse and the financial crimes) hanging over one's head. This doesn't even take into account the potential of spending years and years locked up within the confines of a state and/or federal prison upon conviction of said crimes.

Was it only because of the money that CP and SP were receiving for retaining custody of Erica and not wanting to lose that income that Erica and CarP were not permitted to associate with one another?

What other reason(s) could there be that CP would disallow CarP and Erica to have any contact?

First, let me preface my comments by stating that it is my OPINION that Erica is no longer living and most likely perished at the hands of her adoptive parents.

By all accounts, CP did not like Erica, treated her poorly, even to the point of allegedly abusing her, and being unreasonable in punishing her.

If CP had such negative feelings towards Erica, and CarP was interested in having a relationship with Erica, then why didn't CP allow CarP to maintain/establish a relationship with Erica, or even allow CarP to regain custody of Erica?

It seems to me that relinquishing a few hundred dollars a month would be much more humane and sensible than having a potential murder charge, plus all of the related charges, (such as relate to the alleged abuse and the financial crimes) hanging over one's head. This doesn't even take into account the potential of spending years and years locked up within the confines of a state and/or federal prison upon conviction of said crimes.

Was it only because of the money that CP and SP were receiving for retaining custody of Erica and not wanting to lose that income that Erica and CarP were not permitted to associate with one another?

What other reason(s) could there be that CP would disallow CarP and Erica to have any contact?

Although everything you just said makes absolute sense, unfortunately logic does not apply to CP/SP. Everything they do & say is based simply on self-serving greed. To answer your questions, yes, it was only because of the money. I would even go as far to say they wouldn't allow a relationship between CarolP & EP because they feared the developing relationship between the two of them could potentially allow them to lose custody....once again only being concerned because of the money that would be lost.

Does anyone know: how often (if ever) biomom saw/talked to erica in the past?

Nobody really knows the details about what happened to Erica but I think that many across this country including myself feel foul play is suspected. What makes you think anyone is giving any weight to what the son reports?

Oh, I'd say that LE gave the son's statements some weight since they used what he said to obtain a search warrant to look around their back yard (tearing up the deck, moving the pool, taking soil samples, etc).

With all due respect, I take offense to the torches and pitchforks comment. Its not like anyone is out to villify some innocent, upstanding couple that just happened to misplace their child. These people NEVER reported EP missing, Not once in their media tour have they said they loved EP, or missed her, or cry, beg and plead with the fairytale Nan to please bring their child back! But then, what decent and loving parent would have just gave away their child?? Imo these prized individuals deserve all the annoyance, torches and pitchforks they encounter until they tell the truth and lead the way to, imo, EP's resting place. :banghead:

I certainly did not mean to offend you or anyone else personally. However, it is my understanding that site is for sleuthing, or, using information to solve crimes. However, I do not think that commenting on their poor parenting skills ad nauseum without connecting it with facts to solve the mystery of what happened to Erica does much to promote discussion.

The last time I took off for a temporary change of scenery, I brought a suitcase. I didn't pack my refrigerator and stove.

Just saying...

Certainly you are right. I should have left out "temporary."

I don't understand why they would move counties. All that is going to do is give you another sheriff's department to keep you under the microscope. Not that they wouldn't remain under the microscope, just different eyes now.

Hi, I've been reading for a while, and I registered when I saw someone asking about cadaver dogs, and just how good they are? I follow the Maddie McCann case in the UK, and there is a youtube video that shows just how good these dogs are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wtcMVmSZXwY

I hope I've done that link correctly, and apologies if it's no use to anyone, but I was amazed when I saw it.

Perhaps something happened to Erica (death, trafficking, etc.), so adoptive momster had to "stop contact" because Erica was gone. After all, the date she claims she dropped Erica off doesn't necessarily mean that's the date she disappeared. It's also possible that there were signs of abuse that she didn't want the bio mom to see or for Erica to tell her about (if they became close enough for Erica to confide in her.)

Although everything you just said makes absolute sense, unfortunately logic does not apply to CP/SP. Everything they do & say is based simply on self-serving greed. To answer your questions, yes, it was only because of the money. I would even go as far to say they wouldn't allow a relationship between CarolP & EP because they feared the developing relationship between the two of them could potentially allow them to lose custody....once again only being concerned because of the money that would be lost.

But they didn't just have custody, she was their legally adopted daughter, right? So there's nothing that bio mom could have done to regain custody of Erica, since it wasn't a foster situation or a temporary guardianship, or anything like that. Once a child is adopted, the bio parents lose any rights they had and there's no risk of the child being returned to them. Unless I'm misunderstanding the adoption/custody situation of this family (or adoption/custody in general, since I have no personal experience with it.)

I don't understand why they would move counties. All that is going to do is give you another sheriff's department to keep you under the microscope. Not that they wouldn't remain under the microscope, just different eyes now.

Interesting point. I live in southeast NC. If they moved to into the Fayetteville area, they are most likely in Cumberland County. The microscope there might be a little bit more lax, as the county LE is already stretched pretty thin. Whereas a county like Rowen, is smaller in terms of population and is more rural, so the LE officials have more time to keep an eye on the family.

Just trying to give some local insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member