NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought...Do we know if the patio in the back of the "current" house has always been there. If I had the addy, I could check the prior real estate listing. Just looking at areal pictures of the house, it caught my eye as a possibility...

If they probed and not dug up the back yard, it would explain why they didn't find anything as you can't probe concrete...Just throwing it all out there and maybe we can all help figure this thing out!

If you do a word search for "deck" in this thread you should find a couple messages about it. As I remember it, someone thought it was new because it looked their own which they had recently been working on.

The well publicized address was 218 Miller Chapel Road in Salisbury, Rowan Co, NC
which sold on 18 Apr 2011 to grandfather PARSONS.

If you do a word search for "deck" in this thread you should find a couple messages about it. As I remember it, someone thought it was new because it looked their own which they had recently been working on.

Yeah, that was early on in the first thread, here you go:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9726683&highlight=deck#post9726683

And more about the deck here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9755978&highlight=deck#post9755978

Since BDG has been arrested maybe he'll be able to offer some information on his relatives who picked up his daughter.

Since BDG has been arrested maybe he'll be able to offer some information on his relatives who picked up his daughter.

That's from the arrest last month so if that was going to happen it would of by now I think. Besides I don't think there's any info to give from him.

HOLY MOLY!
Does anyone want to see a recent picture of Billy Dean Goodman? Click here:
https://www.facebook.com/RowanCountyMugShots?hc_location=timeline
If the link does not work, look for that page on Facebook. His picture just popped up on the first page within the hour.

No ... somebody got it wrong ... that was a picture from 3 years ago ... probably resisting arrest.
Here are the correct dates with the correct booking info & pics.

2010/03/03
http://northcarolina.arrests.org/Arrests/Billy_Goodman_7438582/

2013/08/07
http://www.justmugshots.com/north-carolina/cabarrus-county/18447919

Actually I am NOT sure he is under arrest right now ...
Here is what I posted yesterday about this ... where he didn't show up in court ...

Yea an unusual co-indidence ! The timeline is ...

2013/07/30 Erica reported missing

It looks like LE may have tried to talk to her bio dad but couldn't find him. They checked
his name in their database and saw he had some outstanding warrants, so on ...

2013/08/07 an "order for arrest" was issued for him.
2013/08/14 when he was a "failure to appear/comply".

So what is he hiding from and why ???

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Why do you think that LE would have her come down to the station for that?
It seems to me like going to her would be more likely and appropriate if they were breaking bad news. That would be more appropriate if LE wanted to protect her privacy, not making her march past reporters. Also, wouldn't she want to stick around for possible funeral arrangements?

It appears you are a new member and have only posted on this case. If you had followed the other missing children cases when the parent NEVER reported the child missing, you would see that they are not quickly found or verified as deceased. The trail goes quickly cold and it will be difficult to recover Erica after all this time. There may be seemingly little activity for months before LE releases new information. I have been around Websleuths for years - there is nothing unusual/suspicious for a non-custodial parent to return home when there is nothing further they can do to help.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/parsons-attorney-says-fbi-warned-family-about-lyin/nZrLd/

The linked article which I thought we were discussing doesn't say that LE had Carolyn "come down to the station" - just that they met. Do you have another link for that information? Maybe she didn't go to the station or she went herself to let them know she was leaving town before she told reporters and to give LE her contact information.

Again SP and CP NEVER EVER reported Erica missing even after they could not get in touch with "Nan". I have raised 4 children and this is beyond comprehension to me. They should have been FRANTIC!!!! How can ANYONE ELSE be considered more suspicious than that? How OH How OH How :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

IMO BDG knows nothing. He signed away his parental rights a long time ago and denies he has a daughter and legally he doesn't.

Actually I am NOT sure he is under arrest right now ...
Here is what I posted yesterday about this ... where he didn't show up in court ...

You're right, he was arrested last month. So, if he was arrested then he'd have been able to confirm or deny the whole Nan, Strawberry, and Kelly with baby story.

wouldn't she want to stick around for possible funeral arrangements?

What funeral ? The body hasn't been found yet ... and may not be found for years.
I am sure she will come back if/when it comes to that.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

It appears you are a new member and have only posted on this case. If you had followed the other missing children cases when the parent NEVER reported the child missing, you would see that they are not quickly found or verified as deceased. The trail goes quickly cold and it will be difficult to recover Erica after all this time. There may be seemingly little activity for months before LE releases new information. I have been around Websleuths for years - there is nothing unusual/suspicious for a non-custodial parent to return home when there is nothing further they can do to help.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/parsons-attorney-says-fbi-warned-family-about-lyin/nZrLd/

The linked article which I thought we were discussing doesn't say that LE had Carolyn "come down to the station" - just that they met. Do you have another link for that information? Maybe she didn't go to the station or she went herself to let them know she was leaving town before she told reporters and to give LE her contact information.

Again SP and CP NEVER EVER reported Erica missing even after they could not get in touch with "Nan". I have raised 4 children and this is beyond comprehension to me. They should have been FRANTIC!!!! How can ANYONE ELSE be considered more suspicious than that? How OH How OH How :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Just because I just joined this site doesn't mean I haven't paid attention to missing persons cases.

I am not arguing that they Parsones are not the most likely suspects. I am just pointing out that they are not the ONLY suspects, at least in my mind. I guess having a different point of view can annoy some people, but it is important for us to look closely at facts if we want to come to an accurate conclusion.

Just because I just joined this site doesn't mean I haven't paid attention to missing persons cases.

I am not arguing that they Parsones are not the most likely suspects. I am just pointing out that they are not the ONLY suspects, at least in my mind. I guess having a different point of view can annoy some people, but it is important for us to look closely at facts if we want to come to an accurate conclusion.

Why do you think that LE would have her come down to the station for that? It seems to me like going to her would be more likely and appropriate if they were breaking bad news. That would be more appropriate if LE wanted to protect her privacy, not making her march past reporters. Also, wouldn't she want to stick around for possible funeral arrangements?

I am still waiting on the link for the bolded statements. Do you have a link or do you have inside information?? All I saw in the article was that detectives met with Carolyn - nothing about her having to come to the station or having to 'march past reporters'. Where is the source of this? It sounds like lawyer-speak to interject a mental image that doesn't mesh with the reported "facts".

If you are looking for out of the way places the PARSONS are familiar with,
you may want to check out this link about a place in Boone, NC where they
may have vacationed in 2010 ... search for the word PARSONS on the page ...

http://www.flipkey.com/boone-vacation-rentals/p217907/

hmm...Spring Hope is E/NE of Raleigh...not so sure that is the same Parsons?There are some Parsons in that town....

I don't think BDG is anyone to worry about having anything to do with Erica missing. My personal opinion is that he doesn't have enough brain cells left to rub together to coordinate, orchestrate, manipulate, or otherwise involve himself relative to her situation. I might assume he is about instant gratification and situations that present to encourage his whims for spontaneous foolishness, with out much forethought. I would very surprised at his involvement.

What an awful story. The whole Nan scenario reminds me so much of Casey Anthony's Zanny. The fact that someone posed as Erica on facebook and relayed stories about her life at home to her bio mother was very disturbing. I'd like to know if that family collected the monthly adoption welfare money from the state even after she was "gone to nan's" for years. There are so many stories out there of welfare fraud. People treated horribly in terrible conditions by caregivers, even already passed and not documented to be deceased still having checks mailed and outright stolen by caretakers. It's awfully suspicious it happened here. With the girl being homeschooled, isolated, apparently being suspected of abuse and neglect. No one seemingly interested in her welfare other than her bio Mom who was encouraged not to be involved with her. It seems to convenient to pawn Erica off on a fake relative when she could in fact be buried in the yard due to just too much abuse and neglect. It would only take her adoptive parents a few clicks on face book to find just enough information about this bio father's relatives to make the visiting Nan’s story believable with names and places and dates of relatives meeting up with them.

What I don't understand is if family members suspected this poor little girl was being abused all these years then why didn't they report it to the authorities? In my opinion if one knows a child is being abused and doesn't report it they are just as guilty as the ones doing the abusing. So sad that no one came to this poor little girl's defense way back when.

It is my opinion that attorneys often investigate what is being said on social media about their clients. Law enforcement is watching social media more often as well IMO. Technology has changed much in the last 20 years.

Thank you Sellen...might be helpful to have someone with some familiarity of the immediate area should the need arise to more closely look for her there. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised to learn LE is already doing a little 'looking around'...maybe.

I think of our dear Hailey Dunn...scattered remains found in that 'ugly field', out from a public access road heading to a lake, a little over 2 yrs after she went missing:( 20 miles from home, in an area known to a POI...

Yep I bet they do tlcya:)
If lawyers can figure out how to prowl around that is...
wonder if internet 'research' is now a part of law curriculum?

I am still waiting on the link for the bolded statements. Do you have a link or do you have inside information?? All I saw in the article was that detectives met with Carolyn - nothing about her having to come to the station or having to 'march past reporters'. Where is the source of this? It sounds like lawyer-speak to interject a mental image that doesn't mesh with the reported "facts".

I saw her on one of the local video stations getting into a car with the justice center in the background. I don't have time at the moment to find the link, but it would have been on yesterday's early evening news on Charlotte stations 3, 9 or 36. Those are the ones I've been following.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18