NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see CarP's return to Louisiana after LE talked with her as an indicator that they told her something, that the general public does not know, regarding her birthdaughter's whereabouts.

I see CarP's return to Louisiana after LE talked with her as an indicator that they told her something, that the general public does not know, regarding her birthdaughter's whereabouts.

Just curious, do you not see the possibility that LE asked questions she didn't like, she left after 15 minutes without taking the opportunity to speak to the media, as she has done plenty of times in the past, and later said that she is going to Louisiana?

Which scenario is more likely?

I have not seen or heard anything indicating Carolyn is learning disabled or jobless, not that either have anything to do with Erica's being missing.

To be absolute, 100% crystal clear, I never "ripped" on Carolyn for being disabled. I think it is likely and important to the case. In fact, I questioned whether the remark about her returning to LA for a job was made in jest at her expense.

For those with no reason to think she might be disabled, I would direct you to any of her live interviews. She obviously has had struggles in her life, and I think it is due in part to a mild learning disability.

I'll also go out on a limb and suggest Erica may have a similar disability, although many on here surmised she suffered from fetal alcohol syndrome.

So TV interviews have her as learning disabled. Slow. Uneducated.

Yet, I see a point being made that she fed a stranger volumes of correct information so this stranger could use that information to convince a parent to trust them so much that they would allow their daughter to live with a stranger so that...well hell...I'm not exactly sure what the point would be in this scenario. Just seems a bit high end for someone you consider an IQ point or 2 away from being a potato. Don't you think? :truce:

We know the adoptive parents were receiving checks because Erica is a special needs child and I know it has been discussed that she may suffer from FAS but as far as I know, none of us know what exactly made Erica be designated a special needs child.
And if Carolyn has some type of learning disability, I'd be more inclined to believe CP was able to get information out of her that she thought she could use at some point.

To be absolute, 100% crystal clear, I never "ripped" on Carolyn for being disabled. I think it is likely and important to the case. In fact, I questioned whether the remark about her returning to LA for a job was made in jest at her expense.

For those with no reason to think she might be disabled, I would direct you to any of her live interviews. She obviously has had struggles in her life, and I think it is due in part to a mild learning disability.

I'll also go out on a limb and suggest Erica may have a similar disability, although many on here surmised she suffered from fetal alcohol syndrome.

And what do your observations have to do with helping solve where Erica is now. Every single darn points of yours is neither here nor there too this case.

I am sorry....but we are struggling with some hefty autism battles right now and this forum is a sanity saver. Your attacks on learning disabilities touch a major nerve....especially when they add more to the problem and less to the solution.

<modsnip>

So TV interviews have her as learning disabled. Slow. Uneducated.

Yet, I see a point being made that she fed a stranger volumes of correct information so this stranger could use that information to convince a parent to trust them so much that they would allow their daughter to live with a stranger so that...well hell...I'm not exactly sure what the point would be in this scenario. Just seems a bit high end for someone you consider an IQ point or 2 away from being a potato. Don't you think? :truce:

Exactly!!

Just reminding everyone that the ignore (User CP --> Settings & Options --> Edit Ignore List) and alert post (triangle in the top right of each post) tools are your friends...

We don't want this thread to get closed.

Has it ever been said what SP did/does for a living? Is it known if he was also a hunter, as it appears other male members of his family are?
I'm sorry I am still stuck on this Asheville thing and how/why that place is being used as a deflection or.....What hints could be drawn from the tale CP has spun? That might help indicate where Erica is?
When they told the investigators to go ahead and dig up the yard, was that telling, in that Erica might be buried some where?

Has it ever been said what SP did/does for a living? Is it known if he was also a hunter, as it appears other male members of his family are?
I'm sorry I am still stuck on this Asheville thing and how/why that place is being used as a deflection or.....What hints could be drawn from the tale CP has spun? That might help indicate where Erica is?
When they told the investigators to go ahead and dig up the yard, was that telling, in that Erica might be buried some where?

I think he is a machinist? I could be wrong.

I wonder if & when LE is going to start searching away from the family home for Erica...I fear she is not alive.
One place that gave me heebies, was North Carrabus Park on Orphanage Rd in Kannopolis, and those woods

Just playing around with 'Biltmore'- any locals know what Rowan County's 'Biltmore'- esque place would be?? KWIM?

<snip> #ericaparsons biological mother Carolyn met with local investigators
for about 15 min today, then got in car and left without talking <snip>
She said she couldn&#8217;t share any details about what went on,
but she did say she now plans to leave the area later this week and return home to Louisiana.

This does not seem suspicious at all. <modsnip>

Personally I don't find this suspicious at all ... not even surprising.
Because just last Friday I had been thinking that Carolyn would probably be returning home soon !

Carolyn's living circumstances have never been described as wealthy.
Last year her facebook book page said she was working as a cleaning woman at a hotel
(and I didn't get the impression that it was a high end hotel).
I doubt she is a home owner, so she must have rent due back in Louisiana
and earning no income while she is visiting North Carolina.
She would have to be paying for accommodation there or sleeping
on a daughter's couch ... neither situation can go on indefinitely.
She may have used a credit card to cover the traveling expenses
from LA to NC and the bills are coming in now.
She may have used her vacation time or got a leave of absence from her employer ...
and the employer may have been understanding enough to give her a week or two extension
... but eventually when she asked for another extension, her employer would have had to
say that he can not go on covering her shifts as staff are tiring of doing double shifts ...
so if she does not return soon, her employer would have to fill her position by hiring someone else.

From the perspective of finding Erica ...
if that was going to be done easily, it would have happened in the first month
... either by digging up the PARSONS backyard or Erica being brought forward.
Since neither happened, it is going to take much more intensive detective work
to determine what happened to Erica ... and unfortunately that might take years.
Then there are those that go missing and are never found.

So, I don't think that is correct to say that local LE "now" considers it a homicide.
I think is clear that is local LE's take from the outset. The question is what do the Feds think.

Obviously the Parsonses and the feds put water under the bridge and met then
and again at a later time. No interviews reported with local LE. So...

What are the feds up to? Truly trying to find Erica? Or, playing by the Parsonses rules
for the dual purpose of finding Erica and/or building a case against them?

I too think that the local LE treated it as a homicide case from THE beginning.
It is intriguing to think that the FBI is being more impartial ...
but you know the old investigative scenario of "good guy, bad guy" ?
Since local LE adopted the "bad guy" role and is trying to scare the info out of the PARSONS couple
... then the FBI could be taking the "good guy" role and
trying to get info out of them by appearing to be more helpful.

Does anyone know if McDs has video as well? Not cause I think it will show Erica being there, but because it will substantiate Casey's deceptiveness.

I don't know if McD's has video or not ... my guess would be that they do.
However, the problem would be the length of time they keep old videos for.
The ones for this case would all be back in 2011. Many stores keep them only for something like 3 months. MdD's being a big chain, they MAY keep them for one year ...
I have never heard of a retail outlet keeping videos for 2 years. Wish they would though :)

The reason the PARSONS neighbour may have had 2 year old videos is because their camera
was only activated by motion detection ... so therefore less storage space required.

Just curious, do you not see the possibility that LE asked questions she didn't like, she left after 15 minutes without taking the opportunity to speak to the media, as she has done plenty of times in the past, and later said that she is going to Louisiana?

Which scenario is more likely?

The MOST plausible scenario is that she is running out of money ...
and that her employer said "get back here or you will lose your job".
I have seen this scenario play out when there has been a death the family ...
the employer can only be sympathetic for a certain amount of time ...
and then the employer has to get on with "business" as usual by filling the vacant position.
So whether or not the employee wants more time, they have to make a decision about their livlihood.
Carolyn seemed very happy to get the cleaning job ... so it may not be easy for her to find a new job.

Has it ever been said what SP did/does for a living?

I don't know what he has been doing lately. But in the past, he was a butcher
... remember the knives in a plastic bag that were found in the search warrant
... they were his old tools of the butcher trade.

Just reminding everyone that the ignore (User CP --> Settings & Options --> Edit Ignore List) and alert post (triangle in the top right of each post) tools are your friends...

We don't want this thread to get closed.

Thank you thank you thank you! I didn't realize such a feature existed. More :websleuther: and less :banghead: .That's what's wanted. :)

I wonder if & when LE is going to start searching away from the family home for Erica...I fear she is not alive.
One place that gave me heebies, was North Carrabus Park on Orphanage Rd in Kannopolis, and those woods

Just playing around with 'Biltmore'- any locals know what Rowan County's 'Biltmore'- esque place would be?? KWIM?[/QUOTE

I know nothing in Rowan County that would compare to Biltmore Estates.
In my opinion, North Cabarrus park is tiny but well used. I don't see anywhere a body would go undetected for long.
I saw someone saying in early posts about CP setting It up in case her body was found In the Carolina mountains. I think this too =\ How far back (20 months?) can LE request cell phone records? (think Elissa & Adam Baker)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18