NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because I just joined this site doesn't mean I haven't paid attention to missing persons cases.

I am not arguing that they Parsones are not the most likely suspects. I am just pointing out that they are not the ONLY suspects, at least in my mind. I guess having a different point of view can annoy some people, but it is important for us to look closely at facts if we want to come to an accurate conclusion.

I'm not arguing or anything, I just want to point out that there are VERY, VERY few actual "facts" in this case!

New article today stating that LE, SBI & FBI are still working together to find Erica and why they are not releasing info to the public:

http://www.salisburypost.com/articl...-answers-in-erica-parsons-x2019-disappearance

“I could give on-camera interviews and statements about this ongoing investigation every day, but that would be counterproductive to finding Erica. The people of Rowan County put their trust in me to uphold the law and to protect the citizens of this community. There are many unanswered questions at this time, but I will continue to call upon my own department’s resources as well as our state and federal law enforcement partners until we find the answers, until we find Erica,” Auten said.

And another article stating Erica was previously confirmed as being in a public school (elementary) about 10 years ago:

http://www.wbtv.com/story/23394880/...taffer-recalls-school-year-with-erica-parsons

On Monday, WBTV was contacted by a former staff member at Bostian Elementary School, in China Grove, who said she was bothered that there was so little personal information about Parsons.

The staffer, who requested not to be identified, pointed out that while much has been made of the fact that Erica Parsons was home schooled for most of her life, there was a time that she was a student in the public schools in Rowan-Salisbury, and possibly in Cabarrus County.

WBTV was able to confirm through school records that Erica Parsons attended Bostian Elementary from August of 2003 until July of 2004. The paperwork indicated that she left Bostian for Shadybrook Elementary in Kannapolis in 2004.

"I remember that I saw her individually sometime. I remember her smile and how she brushed her bangs out of her eyes if she felt anxious," the staffer wrote to WBTV. "She would beam when praised and she was hesitant when she thought she might not know the answer to a question -- that's when she would brush her bangs away from her eyes and puff air out of her mouth. I recall how she tilted her head to one side and would smile and that she loved stickers."

"I guess I wanted to add those things that I remember because I find terribly sad that no one that knew Erica has named her favorite color or game or music group or TV show or place to go out to eat," she continued."

Those things that make her more than just a photograph, those things that make her a real person. I can't help but wonder if anyone even knew, if anyone ever asked her."

What I don't understand is if family members suspected this poor little girl was being abused all these years then why didn't they report it to the authorities? In my opinion if one knows a child is being abused and doesn't report it they are just as guilty as the ones doing the abusing. So sad that no one came to this poor little girl's defense way back when.

Family members did report it! DSS investigated & determined that everything was OK.
If you search this Erica PARSONS tag with the search word of DSS, you will find some messages about it.

What I don't understand is if family members suspected this poor little girl was being abused all these years then why didn't they report it to the authorities? In my opinion if one knows a child is being abused and doesn't report it they are just as guilty as the ones doing the abusing. So sad that no one came to this poor little girl's defense way back when.

I am not sure how to find past links on here but yhere were reports early on that people had reported them to dss several times. When dss would go out to interview them Erica never admitted it and at the time she wouldn't have any bruising or injury. Sorry I can't post the link but I think it was discussed in the first thread

Sorry! Just saw the post above mine saying the same thing.

If you do a word search for "deck" in this thread you should find a couple messages about it. As I remember it, someone thought it was new because it looked their own which they had recently been working on.

The well publicized address was 218 Miller Chapel Road in Salisbury, Rowan Co, NC
which sold on 18 Apr 2011 to grandfather PARSONS.

I seriously doubt it based on where they live but I do wonder if they had to submit/apply for some type of permit to pour the concrete for their patio. This will give us some type of timeframe in which it was poured...

http://salisbury.wbtv.com/news/news/109982-sandy-parsons-only-thing-i-want-right-now-erica-call-home

^This is the link where Sandy says he had wrapped knives (that the police took during the search of the house) because he was employed for a long time as a butcher.

Unsettling to me that someone who had a long term job as a butcher would then go into farming pets. Moo.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/08/20/4249830/adoptive-mom-to-dr-phil-erica.html#.Ui-KANLwmSo

^This is the link where it is said that James accused Sandy of chopping Erica up and burying her in their back yard.

I am still waiting on the link for the bolded statements. Do you have a link or do you have inside information?? All I saw in the article was that detectives met with Carolyn - nothing about her having to come to the station or having to 'march past reporters'. Where is the source of this? It sounds like lawyer-speak to interject a mental image that doesn't mesh with the reported "facts".

Not exactly what I was looking for, but I think it'll do. Just go to the 2:40 mark:
http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-...local-officials-are-accusatory-223009821.html

I seriously doubt it based on where they live but I do wonder if they had to submit/apply for some type of permit to pour the concrete for their patio. This will give us some type of timeframe in which it was poured...

I don't know anything about permits, but around the time of the deck talk,
wasn't it also mentioned that they dug a well out back ?

wonder if they made the garage into the apt?
Heck they could be in violation of something there

I can't think of how to look this one up ...
but wasn't it said that Jamie had some kind of apartment for himself in the garage ???

I can't think of how to look this one up ...
but wasn't it said that Jamie had some kind of apartment for himself in the garage ???
I don't really recall about Jamie....- I do recall there being an apartment out there...and I was assuming maybe daughter BP and husband live(d) out there

I see nothing in that link inferring that CarP was told to come to the station....?? I don't think the public does know the reason for her visit, according to LE they did not disclose, and neither did CarP[/QUOTE3

Ok, ok! You got me. I have absolutely no hard evidence that she was asked to come down to the station. I only have the following facts:

1. She was at the police station
2. She met with investigators
3. For about 15 minutes
4. Reporters saw her and tried to interview her
5. She did not speak to them
6. This is the first time I've seen that she was in public and she declined an interview.

Personally, I've never voluntarily gone to the police station. I use a phone. We don't know if she went voluntarily, but why would she do that? I've already pointed out that if LE contacted her, they would not have asked her to come down just to break some unfortunate news to her.

Is there someone on here with LE training? While this is only my best pop-psychology analysis, I bet LE bring people into the station to get more honest answers out of people, since the looming threat of the jailhouse is a few rooms over.

So, we can each draw our own conclusions. I just don't think mine, that LE invited her to the station, is that much of a stretch.

Personally, I've never voluntarily gone to the police station. I use a phone. We don't know if she went voluntarily, but why would she do that?

Because her daughter is missing, possibly dead. :/ I'm sure she wants to help any way possible!

I see nothing in that link inferring that CarP was told to come to the station....?? I don't think the public does know the reason for her visit, according to LE they did not disclose, and neither did CarP[/QUOTE3

Ok, ok! You got me. I have absolutely no hard evidence that she was asked to come down to the station. I only have the following facts:

1. She was at the police station
2. She met with investigators
3. For about 15 minutes
4. Reporters saw her and tried to interview her
5. She did not speak to them
6. This is the first time I've seen that she was in public and she declined an interview.

Personally, I've never voluntarily gone to the police station. I use a phone. We don't know if she went voluntarily, but why would she do that? I've already pointed out that if LE contacted her, they would not have asked her to come down just to break some unfortunate news to her.

Is there someone on here with LE training? While this is only my best pop-psychology analysis, I bet LE bring people into the station to get more honest answers out of people, since the looming threat of the jailhouse is a few rooms over.

So, we can each draw our own conclusions. I just don't think mine, that LE invited her to the station, is that much of a stretch.

I don't think it is a stretch for the police to ask her to come to the station either. But if they were going to question her I would think it would take longer than 15 minutes.

^Or, perhaps, she went before leaving town to see if they could tell her anything, updates on the case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18