NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This goes back to my original question today. I asked why we can't get ANY relative
involved in this case to confirm whether Erica went away on weekends ...
I happened to mention "answers" but I don't care if that proof comes in the form of words or pictures.
I just want to hear what OTHER relatives besides Casey have to say.
And let the chips fall where they may ... confirm or deny.

I think we all want that 2rose.

But we can't force the media to go to folks house and demand answers.

There again, perhaps LE told everybody they interviewed to zipper their lips.

There's usually an "Aunt Blabbie" in every family so how come the Parsons family don't have an "Aunt Blabbie?"

They asked for the electronic stuff back for the KIDS.

<modsnip>
In my experience, it makes more sense that people would ask for all their stuff back,
rather than singling out only a few pieces.

There's usually an "Aunt Blabbie" in every family so how come the Parsons family don't have an "Aunt Blabbie?"

Yea especially when there does not seem to be a lot of love between the extended PARSONS family members.

I hate to see Carolyn be blamed in all this, so it would be nice if her daughter Brittany could provide some insight into the case, that would take the negative spotlight off of Carolyn.

If you want to believe that a person would only ask for SOME of their stuff back,
that is your perogative.
In my experience, it makes more sense that people would ask for all their stuff back,
rather than singling out only a few pieces.

Well sure it makes more sense that they want ALL their stuff back, but my point was that they used the KIDS as their excuse that the kids need their electronics.

But the Parsons attorney said that LE said no, so there are other ways for them to get a access to a computer, go to the library, or go to a Rent-a-center. And they have cell phones that probably have Internet access.

posted by ClaireNC: Can you please supply a link? I have been following this case from day one
and I never saw that. It sounds to me like just something else Casey claimed... [endquote]

Yea sure ... here is the link info ...

Brittany is supposed to have told detectives that Brittany talked to Erica while Erica was living with Nan. And I was saying it would be nice if we could get someone else's word on that (besides Casey)
... someone like Brittany's feedback ...

quotes from http://www.acandyrose.com/2013-08-09-ParsonsMediaInterviewPt6.pdf

Casey PARSONS: Well, actually, her half-sister actually told the detectives that she had talked to her just earlier this year on Facebook & asked her, "How are you doing?" & she replied, "I'm fine." & that was her step - it's her half-sister, Carolyn's biological daughter, Brittany CLINE. And we was told that during the 2 days of questioning, that Brittany had contacted her & said she's doing fine.

Casey PARSONS: She said, "Earlier this year, I talked to Erica on Facebook". She had a Facebook page & she talked to her & asked her, "How are you doing?" & she replied, "I'm fine."

Casey PARSONS: I cannot find no Facebook. Brittany said though that she had it under a different name. Um, Brooke is gone, isn't she? Brooke remembers the day that Brittany said - we actually even have pictures of where Brittany wrote Brooke where the Facebook thing was - my daughter, Brooke - pictures of her saying where she talked to her & Erica replied, "I'm fine."

Reporter: I guess, obviously this could be a law enforcement question too but they don't - they're not answering questions. With cell phone technology, internet technology, court records, you know, where people live, things of that nature, um - search warrants, they can come see your phone records, cell phone records, whatever - you know, why can't they find a 15 year old girl?

Casey PARSONS: To my knowledge, they've never even looked at none of that stuff yet. And why,
I don't know. 'Cause I've asked myself the same thing. We've welcomed them to come here & do whatever they have to do. Anything. & they're welcome right this minute. They are. We've told them to dig the yard up, look in our house, look at anything. They're more than welcome to do that. More than welcome.

Casey PARSONS: That's what Brittany - Brittany said.
Do you remember the name that Brittany said she was going under on the Facebook?
When she wrote, "Are you okay?" & she wrote back, "I'm okay."?
You don't remember that? Have you got that still on your thing?

Female off camera: She just told me about how she just wrote her about a few months back
and all she got from Erica was, "I'm fine."

It is my belief that the only ones really consistently talking to media are Sandy and Casey Parsons, adoptive parents of Erica.

I am thinking all this talking is a great thing for investigators because the deeper the dig the hole with their lies all right there on film and in black and white, the harder it will be for them to extricate themslevs from those lies.

I also tend to think as ACR suggests above, that everyone else in the family is pretty much following directives given by LE to stay quiet, talk to LE and not press.

In the first week or so of this case breaking there was no lack of people willing to talk, either named or unnamed, to the press. Now they are all silent. I have to believe that is because LE has asked them to be.

LOL I think their Aunt Blabbie is Casey and she is still blabbing ...:facepalm:

I think we all want that 2rose. But we can't force the media to go to folks house and demand answers.

But THEN it behooves the objective reader to ask if the MSM reporting has an innate bias in it.

Brook got married on 02 Jul 2013 ... and Erica was reported missing on 30 Jul 2013.
So Brook was in Casey's home during the entire 2 years that are in question for Erica
... and supposedly going on weekend trips ...
so she & Jamie have first hand knowledge about whether Erica did so or not.

what is the source of the statement that Brook was in Casey's home during the entire 2 years that are in question? I don't recall that from any of the articles that I have read, thanks for your help

what is the source of the statement that Brook was in Casey's home during the entire 2 years that are in question? I don't recall that from any of the articles that I have read, thanks for your help

Do you have any thing that leads you to believe that Brook was not in the PARSONS home ?

There are a number of sources that would lead one to believe that she was there until marriage..
Most people here respect the great research ACR has compiled for us,
so I will refer you to her timeline which provides us with the following info ...

quotes from http://www.acandyrose.com/erica_parsons_timeline.htm

In August 2011, the Rowan County Sheriff's Office charged James with assaulting his mother; sister, Brooke; & brother, Toby. He also choked the sister's dog. The warrant said James pulled his mother's gastrointestinal bag tube, causing it to bleed at the surgical site. He also kicked Casey while she was on the floor. He held up a knife, threatening to slice his brother's throat.
The warrant said James grabbed his sister, Brooke, by the neck.

2012/06/04 Missing Person Report was made for PARSONS daughter, Brook PARSONS "Authorities said the teen's mother Casey PARSONS was concerned because Brooke
hadn't been seen since the night before & she wanted officers to search for her".

Brook PARSONS (Excerpt from interview or article) - (www.wsoctv.com 2013/08/20):
Several calls for help made from home of missing Rowan Co. teen

"In 2012, authorities said someone at the home filed a missing-persons report not for Erica, but for her adopted sister, Brooke. Authorities said the teen's mother Casey PARSONS was concerned because Brooke hadn't been seen since the night before & she wanted officers to search for her. According to records, the teen returned home while deputies were at the scene."

2012/06/04 Missing Person Report was made for PARSONS daughter, Brook. Casey PARSONS said 16 year old daughter Brooke, "run off with an adult boy & we had to go to his house & pick her back up".

Erica's adopted parents, Sandy & Casey PARSONS (Excerpt from interview or article) - (www.wbtv.com 2013/08/20):

Search for Erica PARSONS takes national stage

"Dr. Phil asked the PARSONS about the decision to not report Erica missing..
"What strikes me in contrast is you have another daughter, Brooke, that went missing for one night & you turned that into the police", he said on Tuesday's show.

"No that was a completely different situation", Casey PARSONS insisted.
"We let Erica go live with her grandmother. I woke up & at 7 o'clock in the morning
& my 16-year-old daughter wasn't in the bed. She had run off with an adult boy
& we had to go to his house & pick her back up."

2013/07/30 "Casey PARSONS also told detectives that in 2011 she, her husband Sandy &
their daughter Brook took Erica to meet Irene GOODMAN, but in an interview with Brook,
Brook stated she stayed at home with the older children
when her parents delivered Erica to Irene GOODMAN."

i do respect the research that acr does - the reason i question whether or not she was at home the entire 2 years in question is because we know of one time for sure that she left in June of 2012 when a missing persons report was filed

i do respect the research that acr does - the reason i question whether or not she was at home the entire 2 years in question is because we know of one time for sure that she left in June of 2012 when a missing persons report was filed

Well the police report says that Brook was only absent for one night.
Casey didn't find Brook in her bed @7am & called the police.
Sandy had gone looking for Brook & found her & brought her home
WHILE the police were in the PARSONS home taking the missing report from Casey.
I have no knowledge of which male Brook took off with, but my guess would be that it was the boyfriend who she soon married. Maybe that incident helped hasten their marriage ?
It definitely sounds like Casey didn't think it was qa regular occurence
for her daughter not to be in her bed every morning.

In August 2011, the Rowan County Sheriff's Office charged James with assaulting his mother; sister, Brooke; & brother, Toby. He also choked the sister's dog. The warrant said James pulled his mother's gastrointestinal bag tube, causing it to bleed at the surgical site. He also kicked Casey while she was on the floor. He held up a knife, threatening to slice his brother's throat.
The warrant said James grabbed his sister, Brooke, by the neck.

Might be asking to much, but any chance LE did a head count of kids in the house? With a knife being used, dog choked, etc, it was kind of a major/memorable crime scene. Maybe LE can remember now if Erica was seen in the house. If Jamie saw something or suspected something his parents did to Erica, he may have lost it with a feeling of all those family memories come crashing down. Jamie could be in fear because he helped his parents dispose of the body. I think Casey thinks her family loves her wayyyy more than they really do. Even her kids that were educated at the Parsons School can read through all of her BS. Anyway, for whatever reason, Erica wasn't a victim of the attack on August, 2011. I've even read comments that Jamie would hit Erica in a bullying kind if way. Why wouldn't that frustration carry to Erica on that day?

It is my belief that the only ones really consistently talking to media are Sandy and Casey Parsons, adoptive parents of Erica.

I am thinking all this talking is a great thing for investigators because the deeper the dig the hole with their lies all right there on film and in black and white, the harder it will be for them to extricate themslevs from those lies.

I also tend to think as ACR suggests above, that everyone else in the family is pretty much following directives given by LE to stay quiet, talk to LE and not press.

In the first week or so of this case breaking there was no lack of people willing to talk, either named or unnamed, to the press. Now they are all silent. I have to believe that is because LE has asked them to be.

Do you know what is bad for investigators? Family members of missing children claiming investigators are not doing enough to find the missing child.

Many family members have been asked by LE not to speak to the media. Why? Wouldn't more exposure help to find her? Why NOT encourage family members to speak to the media? How could they hurt anything? I think it's a fair question to consider over two months into the investigation. I think the answer is that LE does not want family members speaking out because it could hurt them pursue smaller, less significant charges. As I mentioned on the first or second thread, charging someone for murder without a body is almost unheard of. I'm sure local LE is desperate to charge them with something, anything. Sheriff's don't get reelected if they don't appear to be tough on crime.

Outside of the Parsonses, I don't recall a lot of people giving more than a sentence or two to the media before the vigil. At that point, they were riled up by the mob that included folks who wanted to "drag him out" (Sandy). So, I agree with 2Rose, it would be great to start hearing from other family members.

Facebook of Casey's oldest son's ex-fiance ...
Her name is Julie and she posted on her page that she dated Sandy Jr. and they got engaged 12/20/2010 ... Julie said on her Facebook that she broke up with Sandy Jr. two years ago (which would be 2011) ... She didn't indicate when she met Sandy Jr. but reading through her timeline history, she posted as far back as 02/15/2010 where she was wishing Sandy Jr. good luck on a job interview he was going to the next day.

Seems like Wade married on the rebound ... broke up with his fiancee in April 2011
& was married to someone else in August 2011.

But THEN it behooves the objective reader to ask if the MSM reporting has an innate bias in it.

All media has an innate bias. They are simply a group of humans. There are pressures at play within MSM, often related to LE requests to squash details or information. There are also cases where MSM has other issues related to politics/favors due/allegiance to principals in the case/budget constraints. I can't see those principals here being the Parson clan.

FWIW/IMO.

It has been 3 months since this story broke & the small town Salisbury media have not really done a story on the subjects of whether Erica went away on any weekend trips. They have just told us that Casey & Sandy PARSONS say that Erica did so.

But the other people in the PARSONS house & possibly other family members, would also have personal knowledge of that & could confirm or deny that simple fact ... but Salisbury media have not covered that aspect.

There was one small snippet I linked to before, about Carolyn's daughter, Brittany confirming that the married PARSONS daughter Brook, told her Erica went away on weekend trips.

Do people here think Brook & Brittany are lying too ???

If Erica DID go away on weekend trips, then there was some other adult involved
... which would debunk the "imaginanny" stand that some people take here.

I don't have the impression that anybody else besides CP and SP knows the truth abouth where Erica was when. Children, -heck even adults- are easily manipulated to "remember" something. After telling a story many times, people can be manipulated to think what they heard somewhere is what happened. Not because they want to lie, because they themselfes remember it was told repeatedly and came to believe it after awhile.
The best proofs are the posts from the rumor mill on any given thread which can become facts overnight.
Throw in family dynamics and it will get even more complicated.
Inside a family children are more easily manipulated. Even if children begin to get doubts about what really happened, a dilemma arises. Who or what to doubt? Their own recollection or their parents' words? I imagine this is not an easy one. I don't think many children are so ready to believe that their parents could have done something to their brother or sister (adopted or not).

In this case Brittany could only repeat what Brook told her. I don't think they are lying, I'm just not sure if Brook really remembers Erica went away for the weekends or remembers her mother said so. For all the reasons mentioned above.

IMO

I was thinking about the supposed Facebook message.
Let say this really happened.
How difficult would it be to make a fake profile let say on the library computer, send a friend request to one of the children and claim to be Erica under an assumed name if one wanted to deliver proof to the children she was alive. (Maybe someone could have doubt it in the family already and it was necessary to deliver some sort of proof?) This could have been the easy way to regain trust. Maybe there really were screenshots of this exchange, but after they got deleted by the person who made the profile, because he/she realized once any authority would get their hand on it, it would be easy to say which IP is linked to that profile, hence where the profile was created. Within a household is not so difficult to delete anything from anyone else's computer.
If that's the case and they still had the hard drive LE could still find that screenshot if they would search for it. They would only need to search for that specific sort of files. There couldn't be that many of it. Hopefully they will try.

There is also the possibility the children were made to remember through repeatedly telling them a story of such exchange when there wasn't any.

I would love to be wrong and I would love to hear there really is a screenshot found, which will lead to finding Erica living with Disney Nan. Or if some darker person is responsible, then to leading to that person. Only the chance of any of that happening is very little in my humble opinion.

Do you know what is bad for investigators? Family members of missing children claiming investigators are not doing enough to find the missing child.

Many family members have been asked by LE not to speak to the media. Why? Wouldn't more exposure help to find her? Why NOT encourage family members to speak to the media? How could they hurt anything? I think it's a fair question to consider over two months into the investigation. I think the answer is that LE does not want family members speaking out because it could hurt them pursue smaller, less significant charges. As I mentioned on the first or second thread, charging someone for murder without a body is almost unheard of. I'm sure local LE is desperate to charge them with something, anything. Sheriff's don't get reelected if they don't appear to be tough on crime.

Outside of the Parsonses, I don't recall a lot of people giving more than a sentence or two to the media before the vigil. At that point, they were riled up by the mob that included folks who wanted to "drag him out" (Sandy). So, I agree with 2Rose, it would be great to start hearing from other family members.

It could hurt a lot of things if the investigation is into a murder rather than a missing person IMO.

I believe the two types of cases would be handled and investigated in very different manners with very different objectives. A murder investigation would involve building a good case for a prosecution. A missing person investigation would involve spreading the word far and wide to attempt to locate said missing individual.

Point being, I think LE is investigating a possible homicide. IF they are indeed asking folks to not speak to the press as they investigate it would be an indicator to me that they believe there is a homicide and not a live child who is missing.

Just an fyi about Facebook for those of you without an account...
There are many people with whom one can exchange private messages WITHOUT actually being Facebook 'friends.' It depends on the individual's chosen settings. Facebook recently changed from the following options on "who can contact me?" The most recent choices before the latest change were friends only, friends of friends, and everyone. Currently the choices are 'basic filtering of messages' and 'strict filtering of messages.' They are a little more vague in their descriptions (I can copy and paste if anyone is interested). Also, Facebook doesn't always roll out changes to everyone at the same time. I only bring this up because at least one sleuth has mentioned looking at friend requests/connections on the notification history. Just because there is none doesn't mean no communication has occurred.
For the record, I DON'T believe CP did in fact have any Facebook communication with a "Nan" or Irene Goodman. But of course that is just my opinion based on LE stating that there is no such person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon