NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be beside myself if those two make a run for it! I do wonder what's up because it isn't like them or their lawyer to be silent this long. If we don't hear anything from them this week we need to organize a search party to find them, lol. That would be right after we make sure that Carolyn is okay!

Surely something will give soon!

the silence makes me wonder if Sherrill is still representing them. I noticed a lot of the recent articles (the ones around the time of the fire) contained OLD quotes from teh attorney that were being quoted.

Does anyone know when the most recent time is that he spoke out on their behalf or as their attorney?

Perhaps they have parted ways.

I cannot imagine that LE would let them roll on out of town without tracking their movements, so if the adoptive parents have pulled up stakes and are running they are being observed, whether they think they are or not. MOO

So last known sighting of the 2 is how many days ago and in what city ? Saying they're going to NO could be a good goose chase for them to head north to the Canadian border? But wouldn't they only do that if they thought they were going to be caught? Seems they feel pretty confident that they will not be. ( or they could be innocent of course :) )

I believe they are too narcissistic to bolt. CP thinks she is made out of teflon.

This better not turn into an extended stay vacation south of the border. Wouldn't put it past them to stage (their own) kidnapping, either.. Thankfully CP isn't known for any sort of common sense, Southern or otherwise, and probably didn't learn from Patsy's mistake from all those JB Ramsey books. Perhaps someone will find themselves served with a ransom note signed "Strawberry." :deal: :put em up:

Well CasP DID make a big deal about how much she enjoyed her trip to Mexico when getting her tubal reversal. just sayin

I think a waltz over the border (either one would work, but Mexico would be more amusing) would put the finishing touches on this whole surreal screenplay fodder... In the meantime, where is this child?

Whether the adoptive couple is under surveillance or not I'd just bet they're feeling a little paranoid. I must admit I'm enjoying thinking about them sweating.

This is so similar to Erica's case, was this mentioned before on this thread?
"In 2011, authorities in Colorado were notified of the disappearance of Austin Bryant. Upon further investigation, they found that Austin had actually gone missing some time between 2003 and 2005 when he would have been between 5 and 7 years old. To make things worse, his brother had also gone missing in 2001, at the age of 9 but his disappearance had also gone unreported. Edward and Austin (biological siblings) were fostered, and later adopted, by Edward and Linda Bryant in 1999. The children had adopted 9 children in total, and as Edward and Austin were considered to have ‘special needs’, $1700 a month was awarded to the Bryants for their care. It was one of the other adoptees of the Bryants who came forward with information on the missing children in 2011, adding that they had been physically abused throughout their stay. The Bryants are currently awaiting trial for continuing to collect the money for the care of the children, but not in connection with their disappearance. Edward and Austin remain missing."

This is so similar to Erica's case, was this mentioned before on this thread?
"In 2011, authorities in Colorado were notified of the disappearance of Austin Bryant. Upon further investigation, they found that Austin had actually gone missing some time between 2003 and 2005 when he would have been between 5 and 7 years old. To make things worse, his brother had also gone missing in 2001, at the age of 9 but his disappearance had also gone unreported. Edward and Austin (biological siblings) were fostered, and later adopted, by Edward and Linda Bryant in 1999. The children had adopted 9 children in total, and as Edward and Austin were considered to have ‘special needs’, $1700 a month was awarded to the Bryants for their care. It was one of the other adoptees of the Bryants who came forward with information on the missing children in 2011, adding that they had been physically abused throughout their stay. The Bryants are currently awaiting trial for continuing to collect the money for the care of the children, but not in connection with their disappearance. Edward and Austin remain missing."

That is chillingly familiar, I'm surprised the Parson's did not say Erica ran away. I could see in the case of the two boys the abuse went too far (rolled up tightly in blankets and placed in trunks?!?) and they continued to collect the welfare money. Just can see that angle.

This is so so so wrong and completely outrageous. I can't believe 3 cases like this actually happened and two boys missing for 10 years with the family collecting checks. I am just and floored that no child welfare agency checked up on those kids!!! my son is very disabled and gets Medicaid through a waiver program. He gets checked on every 6 months by the state worker and a nurse just to see if he still has his lifelong disabilities. I can't believe those so called parents were able to game the system for so long.

He gets checked on every 6 months by the state worker and a nurse just to see if he still has his lifelong disabilities. I can't believe those so called parents were able to game the system for so long.

(my snip)
And this is what drives me mad. A child with a disability isn't the child that needs checking up on routinely. In most cases, disabilities in children do not improve drastically if congenital. They know this. Yet they send workers out rather than verify through medical records or on the phone with physicians. While they are doing these disability home-visits, they are losing children, paying for children who are deceased or farmed off.
Then again, I'm just cranky about this whole case. Nothing about it makes sense to the sane.

The Parsons arrived at the Salisbury courthouse Tuesday for a regularly scheduled supervised visit with their two youngest children, Tobie and Sadie.

That's from today's article, meaning the Parsonses are still in NC. I guess the whole New Orleans thing was just a feint or a try at keeping Carolyn's name in the media in a negative way. Still, if I were Carolyn I would be watching my back, which is sad.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/parsons-attorney-calls-arson-allegations-absurd/nbPLM/

But on Tuesday, Sherrill called allegations that Sandy may have been involved in starting the fire are absurd.

“Didn’t make any sense at all, in fact Sandy and Casey were not the last family members to stay there, Brooke was, their daughter,” Sherrill said.

As for the Parsons' planned trip to Louisiana to find clues related to Erica’s disappearance, Sherrill said he would not advise his clients to leave the area.

===============

Thank you sir, for clearing that up ;)

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/parsons-attorney-calls-arson-allegations-absurd/nbPLM/

But on Tuesday, Sherrill called allegations that Sandy may have been involved in starting the fire are absurd.

“Didn’t make any sense at all, in fact Sandy and Casey were not the last family members to stay there, Brooke was, their daughter,” Sherrill said.

As for the Parsons' planned trip to Louisiana to find clues related to Erica’s disappearance, Sherrill said he would not advise his clients to leave the area.

===============

BBM
What allegations? I don't remember LE making any allegations.

someone is paying attention to social media and forums and comments beneath articles ;)

The stories are consistent in their inconsistency. This is a farce and a tragedy all in one.

Well, if someone is reading here I have a question for them. WHERE IS ERICA?

He's a lawyer. They increase the impact of words. It's their trade. Innuendo becomes Allegation. Drunk becomes Massively Inebriated. Deceased becomes Slaughtered. Something they share w/politicians. ;-)

===============

Yep. Sherrill gave us the answer to that one. :great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads