NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy Grace, Dr. Drew, and Dr. Phil have all done segments on Erica, but nothing recently. High time for more national attention.

http://www.hlntv.com/search/content/erica parsons
http://drphil.com/shows/show/2054/

right. that is true. I don't watch those shows and of all the people I know don't either. ive talked w/ a few fellow parents I know and they have never heard of this case and they are news junkies...

I just don't think this case is large enough in the public eye - like caylee Anthony...or many other cases. it just is not getting much attention, IMO. which I find pretty sad.

but maybe im wrong. ive been super busy since before this case started and I may have missed a lot.

Any diagnosis on her? Any chance Casey has been evaluated? No doubt in my mind there would be multiple diagnosis

Actually yes! It's hard to believe since Casey does seem to have a flawed personality ...
but she passed all psychiatric evaluations with flying colours when she acted as a surrogate mother
... and this is according to Amy MILLER who is NO fan of Casey after all she was put through to get her son ...

http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20131012/SP01/131019873/1016

The Millers didn’t go through the process alone. They had a surrogate coordinator, who helped them as Casey underwent interviews, physical exams and psychiatric evaluations.

“Every single thing was perfect. Everyone who met her loved her. There was not one thing about her that would raise a red flag. She knew exactly what to say,” Miller recalled.

Miller said Casey was as “sweet” and “wholesome” as one could imagine.
Miller’s opinion of Casey has since changed.

“She was the best manipulator ever. I did not have one red flag,” she said.

Actually yes! It's hard to believe since Casey does seem to have a flawed personality ...
but she passed all psychiatric evaluations with flying colours when she acted as a surrogate mother
... and this is according to Amy MILLER who is NO fan of Casey after all she was put through to get her son ...

http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20131012/SP01/131019873/1016

So she passed with flying colors but she lied to the lady with whom she was carrying the egg that she had a miscarriage, made attempts to sell a baby to make a profit, and continued to claim that she was being told to have an abortion based on a preferred gender. I'm going to put to rest mental health questions for now because the information appears to be skewed and a bit dated.

What I have seen is Casey being very relaxed in implicating a person who is found to have not existed. There are also 2 other people named that have been named and either denied being present or have not been found. Yes, it's possible there was an elaborate kidnapping scheme for an adopted girl no one wanted or the 2 people telling the story that has not been shown to be true at all are involved in her disappearance. Back to the description of Casey being comfortable. That type of comfort comes from not having a living witness to refute their story. Casey has no fear that Erica is going to show up and say Nan doesn't exist or that their story is BS because Casey knows that Erica is not going to show up. Just like Nan, Strawberry, the other girl and baby aren't going to show up. That's why I think Erica is dead. Because no matter what puke Casey spews out, she knows no one can personally say she is lying. No one except Sandy, who no matter the level he participated, will be charged the same as if he participated with it all. So he's staying quiet. If he talks, Casey is caught and will finally shut up. But she knows that only they know what happened and will die with their secrets. Or they will die in prison. No potential living witness, behavior is calm. Sad though, because Erika is probably dead because of Casey's history of violent behavior towards her as documented by her sister. Any diagnosis on her? Any chance Casey has been evaluated? No doubt in my mind there would be multiple diagnosis

:cheers::tyou::goodpost:

I would need to know what the evaluations were and who performed them. I am reminded of the recent JA trial ad the very differing diagnosis that she received from various experts in the field. And speaking of fields. I would wonder what things would be red flags to someone evaluating a person for surrogacy as oposed to someone evaluating a person in general.

Because my first question is: Are those criteria and evaluation markers and limits different? Are the evaluaters looking for different things? Flags?

My next question would then be: Was she evaluated prior to her being allowed to adopt Erica and who performed it and what were those findings?

KWIM?

I would need to know what the evaluations were and who performed them. I am reminded of the recent JA trial ad the very differing diagnosis that she received from various experts in the field. And speaking of fields. I would wonder what things would be red flags to someone evaluating a person for surrogacy as oposed to someone evaluating a person in general.

Because my first question is: Are those criteria and evaluation markers and limits different? Are the evaluaters looking for different things? Flags?

My next question would hen be: Was she evaluated prior to her being allowed to adopt Erica and who performed it and what were those findings?

KWIM?

Good thinking.

Wanted to add

because whoever evaluated her to be a good candidate for surrogacy misjudged IMO. And that would APPEAR to be backed up by her sister and the biological mother of the surrogate child. So I am not prepared to take that evaluator's word that CasP is not involved in getting rid of an adoptive child.

Wanted to add
because whoever evaluated her to be a good candidate for surrogacy misjudged IMO. And that would APPEAR to be backed up by her sister and the biological mother of the surrogate child. So I am not prepared to take that evaluator's word that CasP is not involved in getting rid of an adoptive child.

yes all points to consider ... but when I first read his question, I thought the fast answer would be slim to none. So I think we are lucky to have something. You seem to know more about such evaluations than I do ... but I would have liked to hope that any type of evaluation would pick up SOMETHING that would indicate a propensity toward deviant or abusive behaviour ... or an ability to murder ... it seems so extreme.

If the only evidence they have is possible blood evidence from drywall and from wood which was removed from the home, it could very well take a long time for lab to identify that blood as human, determine that it is Erica's. Remember, unless a sample of her DNA is stored somewhere (unlikely) then LE has to obtain samples of parental DNA and then get good DNA from evidence items (IF EVEN possible) and then compare the three to determine if the evidence is regarding Erica.

Is it possible DNA was taken from Erica, Casey, Sandy and Carolyn once the adoption was finalized? Is it required by the courts to be on file? TIA

I'm pretty familiar with mental health evaluations. Many are prewritten, filling in the blanks to personalize the report. Copy and paste, copy and paste. That's if there was an actual evaluation and not just a questionnaire asking about anger, depression, drug use, suicide ideation, and traumatic experiences. Anyone with half a brain answers the questions in a way so not to jeopardize the goal, which is to make money by getting pregnant. Red flags are suspected when red flags are known coming in. Like arrests for battery, or drug arrests, or reports or suicide attempts. Without having someone else's reports to go on, you only have the word of the person being evaluated. We've seen how much weight can be assessed by the word of Casey. Decent manipulator with an uncanny knack of playing ignorant to avoid lies that are meant to push blame on anyone but her. Very narcissistic

yes all points to consider ... but when I first read his question, I thought the fast answer would be slim to none. So I think we are lucky to have something. You seem to know more about such evaluations than I do ... but I would have liked to hope that any type of evaluation would pick up SOMETHING that would indicate a propensity toward deviant or abusive behaviour ... or an ability to murder ... it seems so extreme.

No = I know what I would consider to be very little about evaluations of a psychological or psychiatric nature. Nut having recently closely watched the JA trial. I know that differing evaluators, looking for different things, will come back with very different impressions of the subject.

So my initial questions would be of the are we comparing apples to apples or apples to oranges nature here.

Please understand that I appreciate you allowing me to bounce off your post and my quoting you is not meant to be argumentative. I appreciate you making me think along these lines.

My next question would then be: Was she evaluated prior to her being allowed to adopt Erica and who performed it and what were those findings?

KWIM?

(snip by me)

I don't know about familial adoptions, but I do know about familial legal custodian arrangements. At least in CA. The only things we underwent to gain legal custody of my niece upon my sister's death were an AFIS fingerprinting and a brief home visit (10 mins). No psych evaluation whatsoever. Not like we're nuts, but still. There were others vying for custody of my niece, so it wasn't as if "something is better than nothing" in terms of placement... I think there is just more leeway/lesser checks done on family members?

Is it possible DNA was taken from Erica, Casey, Sandy and Carolyn once the adoption was finalized? Is it required by the courts to be on file? TIA

wouldn't that make things easier. But did not I read some article about LE wanting to get samples from Erica's parents? Now I will have to go back and fact check that. Thanks B2Bme. If that is part of my thought process I want ot know it is so and why.

Please understand that I appreciate you allowing me to bounce off your post and my quoting you is not meant to be argumentative. I appreciate you making me think along these lines.

No, I took no offense & meant no offense either.
Like you I appreciate the friendly exchange of info between strangers too :)

wouldn't that make things easier. But did not I read some article about LE wanting to get samples from Erica's parents? Now I will have to go back and fact check that. Thanks B2Bme. If that is part of my thought process I want ot know it is so and why.

I don't remember an article that told us that LE asked Carolyn for a DNA sample.
But I do remember that she went in for 15 minutes one day & we had a few messages here
speculating that she went in to give her DNA before returning to Louisiana
... in case they ever find a dead body they will be able to match their mitochondrial DNA.

I don't remember an article that told us that LE asked Carolyn for a DNA sample.
But I do remember that she went in for 15 minutes one day & we had a few messages here
speculating that she went in to give her DNA before returning to Louisiana
... in case they ever find a dead body they will be able to match their mitochondrial DNA.

I will for sure have to run this to ground then, because that HAS become part of my thought process. If not based in fact I need to establish that.

No problem TLCYA, I personally am unaware of how an adoption is officially performed once its finalized but with another poster above explaining some details regarding her/her situation it doesn't sound like a requirement to collect a DNA swab from all parties involved. Kinda sad if you ask me!:twocents:

I imagine even if LE thought Jamie was bat s##t crazy or just pizzed at his parents, once they got there and realized that a child was unaccounted for and stories werent adding up they knew he was at least telling the truth about something.

Going on your view that EVERYTHING Casey says is a LIE, then how do you explain that when we all said she didn't have a right to sell the house, Casey said she had a piece of paper that said she DID have a right to sell the house ... and later we all found out THAT was a true statement !

So like I said before, the hospital records can prove your opinion right or wrong about Jamie being given a medical diagnosis of having some kind of mental disturbance.

Well, James didn't lie about Ericka being missing for two years but I haven't seen where CP or SP have told the truth about where she is and beings they are her parents it their responsibility to know where this child is. Under the HIPPA law those medical records cannot be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn