NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we permitted to discuss psychics? I can't find anything in the rules & regs here, and I faintly remember that it's off limits, but might be wrong... anyone? I don't wanna get in trouble.

Are we permitted to discuss psychics? I can't find anything in the rules & regs here, and I faintly remember that it's off limits, but might be wrong... anyone? I don't wanna get in trouble.

No Floridamomma, we are not. Is against TOS.

EDIT:
This is from another thread but is valid here too:
I'll leave the psychic talk in so far because dragracerz brought it up but we need to move on. WS does not allow psychic discussion anymore.
http://http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9863809&postcount=215

( to be clear, dragracerz is a verified insider on that thread, and the he brought it up with some info, that was the reason that as an exception we could talk about it just a tiny bit)

That is not the same thing as saying Nan is a figment of someone's imagination.
If you meet an old woman named "Mary SMITH" (or whatever) & she lies & tells you that her name is Irene GOODMAN, that doesn't mean that you didn't meet a REAL person ... and it is obvious that LE would have trouble finding ANY documentation for a FAKE name that matches that REAL person that you met.

Sounds more like you haven't heard Casey confess. In other words, zanny the nanny could be an actual person still, because Casey Anthony never ADMITTED to Zanny being fake, even when her defense was a drowning in the pool, Zanny could still exist.

I still am very suspicious of a story of where a stranger uses a name that can be researched as being dead. The same stranger seeking to take a child under false pretense, risking an easy kidnapping charge, all with the faith that Casey doesn't do a simple check. A phone call to someone. I mean this stranger doesn't know who Casey still keeps in contact with. She shows up as a kidnapper, understanding that she is a kidnapper, hoping the police aren't just waiting for her in the parking lot. Talk about risky!! And with all that pressure she puts in herself, her 80 year old heart, fearing she will be imprisoned for life, she decides to play the kidnapping game 2 more times. Just to put some additional pressure on herself, she communicates by phone and computer numerous times before and after the kidnapping. Now, the old lady and her devious scheme that has her and Erica invisible to everyone in the whole world, relaxes somewhere in North Carolina, near the McDonalds. I wonder if she feared at all that Erica described her house or a street name or a land mark during one of the times she came home that may lead law enforcement to her front doorstep. Eh, not super Nan. She walks between the raindrops, never fearing that the other person has a brain too.

No Floridamomma, we are not. Is against TOS.

SBM.

*sigh...*

Thanks, though!

PS: I wonder why? I understand that some don't believe... I think they should just "scroll and roll"...

But I'll respect TOS.

*sigh*

SBM.

*sigh...*

Thanks, though!

PS: I wonder why? I understand that some don't believe... I think they should just "scroll and roll"...

But I'll respect TOS.

*sigh*

The reason:
CatFancier said:
New ideas are wonderful! However, Websleuths doesn't allow psychic discussion. We used to have forums expressly for this and it got so far out of hand, it's not allowed at all anymore.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 June 2013 - #9

Sounds more like you haven't heard Casey confess.

No I am reading what the facts are & I am aware of what is missing ... proof.

One of the great things about America is a system that attempts to bring fair justice.
I am thankful I don't live in one of those countries that doesn't have that ...
where citizens can be sentenced to imprisonment or death, merely on someone's opinion.

In America EVERYONE is innocent until proven guilty !!
I have seen no proof yet that Casey has murdered Erica.
IF or WHEN that proof is forthcoming, ONLY then will strangers have the RIGHT to condemn her.

WBTV is not law enforcement & it does not speak for LE.

I tried searching unsuccessfully for LE's press release ... maybe ACR can find it ?

Hmm, then I should probably amend my original statement. In my opinion, there was never any Facebook communication between CP and anyone claiming to be "Nan" or Irene Goodman, based in part on the following:
1. severe lack of evidence so far ("deleted" private messages, no phone number, etc.)
2. LE has said that the Parsons have not been truthful.
3. all media reports regarding LE attempts at locating "Nan"
4. to our knowledge, not one single person except CP has even hinted at ever meeting or seeing "Nan" (no media leaks, no FB postings, comments on articles, etc.) Of course this would be difficult if she was going by a different name,...But if "Nan" was a criminal, wouldn't she have wanted as few family members as possible to meet her/see her? Therefore, wouldn't she perhaps have requested in some non-suspicious way that CP come alone? Yet, CP claims that SP and Brooke were both with her for the drop-off(s). CP never reports that Nan didn't want to meet the family.
5. If "Nan" exists, even IF she committed no crime (since the Parsons gave their daughter to her), isn't she a bit shady at least??? Why then would she have "called" CP for a few months on and off AND THEN suddenly go awol?
Again, just my opinions. I do not have nearly the experience the rest of you have and am quite impressed with your thoroughness.

Hmm, then I should probably amend my original statement.

There are so many questions ... but we have so few answers.

I was expressing my frustration before, wishing we had more answers.
It seems there ARE existing people that could fill in some gaps,
but for whatever reason, the feedback is not being supplied.

Some members of the public like to make decisions anyway based on this incomplete information.
But since we are talking about serious matters like someone's life & freedom ...
me, I prefer to wait until I hear the facts that prove it one way or another.
Innocent until proven guilty is supposed to be the American way.

Interesting and not sure how it all fits in this case but I just got home from jury duty and I was excused because I had previously been hit by a drunk driver and injured many years ago and got a bit of questioning about NC law.

Goes something like this in NC.

"Circumstantial evidence is used during a trial to establish guilt or innocence through reasoning. This indirect evidence is the result of combining different, but seemingly unrelated, facts that the prosecution uses to infer the defendants guilt.

Most criminals are careful not to generate any direct evidence while they are committing a crime. Because of this, courts often depend on circumstantial evidence to determine the facts of the case.

An example of circumstantial evidence is the behavior of the defendant around the time that the alleged crime took place. If the defendant was charged with embezzling or stealing a large amount of money, and then went out and bought a brand-new car, the purchase of the car could be used as circumstantial evidence to prove the defendant’s guilt.

Criminal prosecutors depend on circumstantial evidence to prove their case. Civil cases are often based expressly on circumstantial evidence, when trying to establish or deny liability.

It is a popular misconception that circumstantial evidence carries less weight or importance than direct evidence. This is only partly true. While direct evidence is generally seen as more powerful, most successful prosecutions rely greatly on circumstantial evidence. Circumstantial evidence often has an advantage over direct evidence because it is more difficult to suppress or fabricate.

There are some legal experts who would even argue that circumstantial evidence is more persuasive than direct evidence."

http://www.probablecause.org/circumstantialevidence.html

Innocent until proven guilty is something a jury needs to follow, not me. I have freedom of speech

Innocent until proven guilty is something a jury needs to follow, not me. I have freedom of speech

Yes but you are only expressing YOUR own personal opinions.

This is a LEGAL case we are discussing.
Complete strangers have NO direct knowledge about a case,
so their opinions contain absolutely NO facts about the case at hand.
Many other members of the public will give no weight to statements that hold no evidentiary value
& will not take it into into consideration.

Interesting and not sure how it all fits in this case but I just got home from jury duty and I was excused because I had previously been hit by a drunk driver and injured many years ago and got a bit of questioning about NC law.

That sounds like the lawyers may have had concerns that your previous experience
would predisposition you to be biased.

An example of circumstantial evidence is the behavior of the defendant around the time that the alleged crime took place. If the defendant was charged with embezzling or stealing a large amount of money, and then went out and bought a brand-new car, the purchase of the car could be used as circumstantial evidence to prove the defendant’s guilt.

But the new car MAY or MAY NOT be related to the embezellment ...
investigation could uncover that at the same time the embezellment was going on,
a grandmother died & left a legacy & THAT was the money used to buy the new car with.

The simplest example I have heard used is about snow.
DIRECT evidence that it has snowed is you standing outside & seeing the snow fall with your own 2 eyes & feeling the snow land upon your face. In this instance, witness can not only testify that it snowed but can provide other details such as the date & time & how long it snowed, whether the wind was blowing, or whether the sun or moon was shining.

An example of CIRCUMSTANTIAL evidence would be a shift worker who is outside at 2pm & witnesses no snow on the ground. He goes inside & falls asleep. When he awakes at 10pm he looks out the window & sees that there is snow on the ground. This witness can safely testify that on that date it snowed.
But he cannot testify to what time it snowed, whether it was daylight or dark outside when it happened.
He has no direct knowledge about whether the wind was slight or howling, etc.

So circumstantial evidence has a number of limitations.
Usually if a lawyer only has circumstantial evidence, they will have to find other facts that corroborate it.

I think the adoptive parents are guilty of fraud. As far as murder, re-homing, selling her, or just dumping her somewhere, at present I believe they are the only ones who know what really happened to Erica and it's the job of LE to find her.
I still don't see anything the adoptive parents have really done to help.

Goes something like this in NC.

"Circumstantial evidence is used during a trial to establish guilt or innocence through reasoning. This indirect evidence is the result of combining different, but seemingly unrelated, facts that the prosecution uses to infer the defendants guilt.

Most criminals are careful not to generate any direct evidence while they are committing a crime. Because of this, courts often depend on circumstantial evidence to determine the facts of the case.

Criminal prosecutors depend on circumstantial evidence to prove their case. Civil cases are often based expressly on circumstantial evidence, when trying to establish or deny liability.

It is a popular misconception that circumstantial evidence carries less weight or importance than direct evidence. This is only partly true. While direct evidence is generally seen as more powerful, most successful prosecutions rely greatly on circumstantial evidence. Circumstantial evidence often has an advantage over direct evidence because it is more difficult to suppress or fabricate.

There are some legal experts who would even argue that circumstantial evidence is more persuasive than direct evidence."

http://www.probablecause.org/circumstantialevidence.html

I served jury duty this year as well and was not excused. I was on a 6-juror (plus 2 alternates) medical malpractice trial in upstate NY. What you wrote seemed to apply in our case as well.
I also teach my high school students to support conclusions they draw (after research) with evidence. The more evidence, the stronger the argument.
I hope LE is finding plenty of evidence that will lead them to Erica. What we have isn't a ton, but it's only natural to begin to form opinions and back them up with what we have at this point.

Let's remember we're on a board for sleuthing the whereabouts of a missing child. We're not in court. Members are entitled to their own opinions as long as they abide by TOS.

JMO

I have a feeling LE has found something. That's if c/s s/p are block from seeing there children.

I wonder if DSS will move to have the adoptive parents' parental rights to Erica terminated?
Would Erica be appointed a guardian ad litem or can DSS move to terminate parental rights due to abandonment?

JMO

I have a feeling LE has found something. That's if c/s s/p are block from seeing there children.

Or CP/SP might have tried to discuss the case regarding EP during one of their supervised visits which would be a huge no-no jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop