NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, a step in the right direction. Hopefully, soon to be followed with charges for child neglect and financial fraud...for starters.

My thoughts exactly!

I understand your point about the relatives not having to explain anything to the public.
I was thinking more about the media & how it relates to this forum.
The media have told us information that has ONLY filled in half the picture.
Unfortunately some Websleuthers take that half picture & speculate upon it as though they know what is really going on. But in reality, the other half of the picture is needed to fully understand the meaning of the whole scene. I am just trying to point out that IF the public wants to talk about the case, it is important to remember that there are soooo many facts that the public is unaware of. I was trying to point out that there ARE relatives that do have some useful info to contribute ... BUT we have to remember that we have NOT heard their input yet. So the public should take caution before judging somebody guilty of a crime.
Only those who know ALL the pertinent facts should be proclaiming someone guilty.
That is how the American judicial system works as I understand it.

I take your point and even agree with it with the caveat that we here at WS and members of the general public will not be on any jury that (I hope) eventually tries these adoptive parents. We are all allowed our opinions and I am of the opinion these folks are guilty of fraud and of killing or trafficking their daughter, Erica.

As a member of the general public and not a part of the legal system that will hopefully eventually be trying these people, that is my prerogative, to judge them and their actions or inactions. As long as I follow the TOS of the site and I can sleep at night it is really each case follower's choice if they judge these people outside of the court of law.

Just MOO. I would rather discuss a case now even with only the limited facts that are available to rather me than wait for the case to be over before making any judgments. My judgments and those of the following public are not the ones that matter. Those of a jury are the ones that will count. And if anyone is going to see ALL available evidence, it is that jury.

I take your point and even agree with it with the caveat that we here at WS and members of the general public will not be on any jury that (I hope) eventually tries these adoptive parents. We are all allowed our opinions and I am of the opinion these folks are guilty of fraud and of killing or trafficking their daughter, Erica.

As a member of the general public and not a part of the legal system that will hopefully eventually be trying these people, that is my prerogative, to judge them and their actions or inactions. As long as I follow the TOS of the site and I can sleep at night it is really each case follower's choice if they judge these people outside of the court of law.

Just MOO. I would rather discuss a case now even with only the limited facts that are available to rather me than wait for the case to be over before making any judgments. My judgments and those of the following public are not the ones that matter. Those of a jury are the ones that will count. And if anyone is going to see ALL available evidence, it is that jury.

Hear, hear!

Or CP/SP might have tried to discuss the case regarding EP during one of their supervised visits which would be a huge no-no jmo

It would be just like them to do something like that.

Or CP/SP might have tried to discuss the case regarding EP during one of their supervised visits which would be a huge no-no jmo

IMO - CP is a complete control freak and is not accustomed to following rules. She manipulates the weak and takes advantage of one's weaknesses. It must be driving her crazy to lose control.

I think it is fantastic that all involved have zipped their lips. She is her own worst enemy and I don't see this ending well for her. So glad the other children have been out of her custody and control.

BBM
My opinion also!

What about poor Erica? You believe she enjoyed her time with this stranger? The story that she was riding horses and having sleepovers with this stranger? What is the motivation for an 80 year old woman to concoct such an elaborate ruse to spend time with an 11 year old she's never met? Okay, I understand the story if Erica enjoying her time on the farm, riding horses, spoiled with clothes and gifts when the story included Erica's grandma. Now that she is a complete stranger, we are supposed to believe the half that Erica had this great time being kidnapped? Back in 2011, where would a stranger be able to find a picture of Erica? The picture we see of Erica, was that one that Casey had on FB? Probably not. I don't think Carolyn had a picture of Erica. It's not like there are many pictures of her. There is the main one next to the age progression one. How many others are there? 5? So a very old lady goes to kidnap a girl she's never seen, with the assumed story so far that this stranger used information from Carolyn's search for Erica to think a request out of the blue to have extended sleepovers so she can get to know the family of the man that had an affair with their sister in law. Even when sandy spoke of the conflicting statement on dr. Phil that he never had face to face contact with This stranger, you can see the fake animosity he would have had for her. Saying something like "I didn't want to meet the woman". They didn't like Carolyn for having an affair, so why would they be okay with the goodman side? When Carolyn received the message that Erica was going to seek out her father, I think Erica was already gone. Casey inserted that statement to legitimise the story of Nan. When were those supposed messages from Erica to Carolyn? Anyway, MOO, and some truth can be found in it :)

JMO

I have a feeling LE has found something. That's if c/s s/p are block from seeing there children.

Last week it was postponed because of new evidence and now its blocked. So whatever the new evidence was it must have been good. To be blocked from supervised visitation it may be real good. Hoping for a break soon.

What about poor Erica? You believe she enjoyed her time with this stranger? The story that she was riding horses and having sleepovers with this stranger? What is the motivation for an 80 year old woman to concoct such an elaborate ruse to spend time with an 11 year old she's never met? Okay, I understand the story if Erica enjoying her time on the farm, riding horses, spoiled with clothes and gifts when the story included Erica's grandma. Now that she is a complete stranger, we are supposed to believe the half that Erica had this great time being kidnapped? Back in 2011, where would a stranger be able to find a picture of Erica? The picture we see of Erica, was that one that Casey had on FB? Probably not. I don't think Carolyn had a picture of Erica. It's not like there are many pictures of her. There is the main one next to the age progression one. How many others are there? 5? So a very old lady goes to kidnap a girl she's never seen, with the assumed story so far that this stranger used information from Carolyn's search for Erica to think a request out of the blue to have extended sleepovers so she can get to know the family of the man that had an affair with their sister in law. Even when sandy spoke of the conflicting statement on dr. Phil that he never had face to face contact with This stranger, you can see the fake animosity he would have had for her. Saying something like "I didn't want to meet the woman". They didn't like Carolyn for having an affair, so why would they be okay with the goodman side? When Carolyn received the message that Erica was going to seek out her father, I think Erica was already gone. Casey inserted that statement to legitimise the story of Nan. When were those supposed messages from Erica to Carolyn? Anyway, MOO, and some truth can be found in it :)

You make some good points there !

I honestly believe Casey's whole story is made up to validate to those in her family who kept asking about Erica.... Where is she? How come she can't come visit? Can I have her phone number to call her? And once the chit hit the fan, she just carried over the same story, only this time she's running into major roadblocks because she's not dealing with just her extended family with her, "She's with Nan, just living her life."

And because Jamie still lived in that house, I think he somehow got a suspicious clue that made him realize something had happened to Erica. Jamie could have been using Casey's laptop late one evening and perhaps Casey forgot to log out of her Facebook account where she was sending messages to Carolyn and perhaps he read them all. I'm sure it would have been a major shock to him, and I think that's when he confronted his mother.

I honestly believe Casey's whole story is made up to validate to those in her family who kept asking about Erica.... Where is she? How come she can't come visit? Can I have her phone number to call her? And once the chit hit the fan, she just carried over the same story, only this time she's running into major roadblocks because she's not dealing with just her extended family with her, "She's with Nan, just living her life."

And because Jamie still lived in that housework, I think he somehow got a suspicious clue that made him realize something had happened to Erica. Jamie could have been using Casey's laptop late one evening and perhaps Casey forgot to log out of her Facebook account where she was sending messages to Carolyn and perhaps he read them all. I'm sure it would have been a major shock to him, and I think that's when he confronted his mother.

Thanks :). I look at it like the second half of the story can't be the same if the first half of the story now has 2 versions!! Right? Casey just wants us to believe that kidnapped or not, Erica was soooo happy with some old lady who could have legally volunteered anywhere with kids at any age!!! :banghead:

And because Jamie still lived in that house, I think he somehow got a suspicious clue that made him realize something had happened to Erica. Jamie could have been using Casey's laptop late one evening and perhaps Casey forgot to log out of her Facebook account where she was sending messages to Carolyn and perhaps he read them all. I'm sure it would have been a major shock to him, and I think that's when he confronted his mother.

BBM

Or since Casey is so controlling maybe she told Jamie or one of the younger kids that she would "kill him and bury him in the back yard like I did your sister" to keep the kids in line? maybe thats why Jamie reported that to LE initially. JMO thinking out loud.

BBM. Unless I have the timing wrong, I think this is when he attacked his family. And I agree completely with the rest of your theory of how and why the story of Nan was created, and why it continues today.

Originally Posted by ACandyRose
(respectfully snipped)
I'm sure it would have been a major shock to him, and I think that's when he confronted his mother.

BBM. Unless I have the timing wrong, I think this is when he attacked his family. And I agree completely with the rest of your theory of how and why the story of Nan was created, and why it continues today.

I had the same thought when I read ACR's post. I'd love to know if the police did a head count of who was in the house when the incident with Jamie took place in August of 2011. Was Erica even there at that time? As far as what has been reported here, and in MSM, the last time anybody outside the family saw her was April 2011? (And that information was just from FB posts by an ex-finance of the older brother.)

Just curious. For those that believe CP knows where Erica is, do you believe SP knows too ? Reason Im asking Im undecided about him. She seems to wear the pants in that household and could easily pull the wool over on him.

Just curious. For those that believe CP knows where Erica is, do you believe SP knows too ? Reason Im asking Im undecided about him. She seems to wear the pants in that household and could easily pull the wool over on him.

I think he knows something based on his failing the lie detector test on Dr. Phil. Not sure if he knows exactly what happened to Erica, but might be going along with whatever his wife says.

I don't think he is directly involved but knows enough to make him feel guilty. Like others a have said before I would be getting my own lawyer if i was him......:twocents:

I think he knows what happened, and I think CP would through him under the proverbial bus if it comes to that. He already feels guilty enough, and has knowledge of what happened to Erica enough to flunk the Dr Phil polygraph. He needs to get himself a good separate attorney. :moo: :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LadyW528