NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a search for caparsons1375 and found that associated with an iCloud email linked to a CKC miniature dachshund puppies ad by a user "Casey" posted 3 months and 1 week ago. I am not sure if you can get an iCloud email without an iOS device. Hmmmm, need to look into that.

I'm interested n the 'German Classes' that she is following. Is she taking the case international??
The IG woman she is following has only made one tweet, which appears to be to a female in the UK.
IG follows a county council, which appears to be in England, suggesting this 'NAN' is from there.

But there's not a shred of evidence either to support her adoptive parents' story, or that she's even alive. As a teenager she would know her name, and likely didn't change it so if she were alive, even if she or whoever took her didn't come forwards, surely someone at school, or a neighbor would have done so given that there has been a fair amount of publicity for this case. The longer this goes on the more negative I feel about it and the prospects for a happy outcome, .... and I have never felt very positive about it since the story first broke.

It seems to me there is not a shred of evidence to support any story or that she's dead, so where do you go from there? There is a truth in this case. With nothing pointing in either direction, there are 50/50 odds right now of which story is true. Agreed?

It seems to me there is not a shred of evidence to support any story or that she's dead, so where do you go from there? There is a truth in this case. With nothing pointing in either direction, there are 50/50 odds right now of which story is true. Agreed?
Not really. Living people have the unfortunate habit of ruining missing persons cases by reappearing to prove they're still alive, the opposite is not true for dead people. :rolleyes:

If the police called at my house today and couldn't find my daughter, and the media got involved, there would be all sorts of reports from friends, neighbors, relatives, doctors, dentists, optometrists, etc. etc., not to mention family photographs, to prove where she's been for the past 18 months. So my opinion is that while it's not certain either way I'd put it more in the 80-20 to 90-10 range that she's dead.

What is? Neither of the addresses searched by LE appear on the map you posted, though in fairness both addresses are close to I85, so maybe questions should be "What's your point?", and "What do think the significance is?"

In that post was a map of Salisbury, NC which is right along the I-85 corridor. In the post of mine above that I have included a link to an article about human trafficking and bolded the reference to I-85 & I-95 being an apparent hotbed for human trafficking.

I wil include the quotes and link again to clear up any confusion.

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - North Carolina ranks as the 8th most likely state in the United States where human trafficking takes place.

Human traffickers love the I85 and I95 highways in North Carolina and they also use another high speed highway to recruit, enslave, and find new customers-the internet.

BBM

http://www.wbtv.com/story/11828239/the-north-carolina-connection-to-human-trafficking

I'm interested n the 'German Classes' that she is following. Is she taking the case international??
The IG woman she is following has only made one tweet, which appears to be to a female in the UK.
IG follows a county council, which appears to be in England, suggesting this 'NAN' is from there.

Interesting....

But there's not a shred of evidence either to support her adoptive parents' story, or that she's even alive. As a teenager she would know her name, and likely didn't change it so if she were alive, even if she or whoever took her didn't come forwards, surely someone at school, or a neighbor would have done so given that there has been a fair amount of publicity for this case. The longer this goes on the more negative I feel about it and the prospects for a happy outcome, .... and I have never felt very positive about it since the story first broke.

UNLESS it's a case like Amanda Berry, Michelle Knight and Gina DeJesus. No neighbors, school officials, doctors, etc., never seen them.

In that post was a map of Salisbury, NC which is right along the I-85 corridor. In the post of mine above that I have included a link to an article about human trafficking and bolded the reference to I-85 & I-95 being an apparent hotbed for human trafficking.

I will include the quotes and link again to clear up any confusion. ....
OK, but in North Carolina I85 is mostly a conduit, for trafficking people and drugs northwards from, Atlanta, Texas, and points south, towards DC, New York, and New England, and cash southwards. It is not having a noticeable effect on people living locally, especially in the smaller towns that I85 passes.

It's interesting to note that while most local people seem to think that the various LE agencies that patrol I85 in NC are just/ always looking for speeders, I'd estimate that 80% of the time the state and local LE officers are monitoring northbound traffic. Draw your own conclusions! ;)

UNLESS it's a case like Amanda Berry, Michelle Knight and Gina DeJesus. No neighbors, school officials, doctors, etc., never seen them.
Agreed, but if you want to calculate the odds based on "body count/ missing permanently v those that reappear alive after being missing for more than a year", then surely you'd have to agree that the odds of Erica being found alive are even worse than 90-10, no?

Only if you do not have a valid ID number as requested in Section C. Section C includes DOB, NC Voter Registration Number, NC Drivers License or Non-Operators ID card, and last four digits of SS number.

http://www.ncsbe.gov/content.aspx?id=1&s=1

When it says "only if" you don't have a valid driver's license, a driver's license is not valid after 60 days if you have moved. Even if you try to register before you go to the DMV to change your license, you have to show documentation that you actually moved to an address.

So, that means that if someone registered to vote at the Parsons' resident, they would have to show document(s) that they lived there.

Warning to not put a lot of weight in the voter's registration website. I live in NC and when I search for my name it does not even show up. (I also searched for my husband's name) We have lived at this address for a year and in another part of NC for 2 years before that. None of our records show up on the voter's registration website, but we have voted in the federal, state and local elections over the past 3 years.

Wow, your elections board and/or DMV really dropped the ball as the site is the official public record.

You do have to know and look up people under their real first names. However, I have never not found someone who votes. Disclosure-I have worked at the polls and for one of the parties as I was directed to this site.

You must present documents to the DMV and/or the elections board to change voter registration. It cannot be done on line. So, I would guess that Casey's parents presented documents of change of address. I can't remember their names to check that out; but, I will take your word that their registration under that address is there. Wow! Those are quite a few people living in that relatively small house!

The utilities or something may have been in her parents' names. However, it is fraud to register to vote in a district in which you do not live even if you are paying the utililities. So, the web just tangles more and more!:facepalm:

BBM: I just registered online via the Voter Registration site. They ask your permission to go to the DMV and grab your signature, which they do within a matter of seconds, and then you are good to go. I wasn't changing an address but I was changing the spelling of my name to match my license.

Agreed, but if you want to calculate the odds based on "body count/ missing permanently v those that reappear alive after being missing for more than a year", then surely you'd have to agree that the odds of Erica being found alive are even worse than 90-10, no?

As I posted upthread somewhere, the opposite of possible is impossible. Therefore, if it's not impossible that means it's possible and we have to consider it. Anything less and we are doing a serious injustice in trying to find Erica Parsons.

According to Namus, there are 9,499 active, unsolved missing persons cases in their database. I do not know what percentage of those cases have been missing over a year, but I would venture to guess that percentage is high.

All I am saying is, I'm trying to keep my mind open to all possibilities. Human trafficking is absolutely possible and the closeness to I-85, a known thoroughfare for human trafficking in North Carolina, has to be considered.

I do not have a set theory as I do not know all of the facts in this case. Meaning, I am sure that LE hasn't released all they know.

MOO

..... Therefore, if it's not impossible that means it's possible and we have to consider it. Anything less and we are doing a serious injustice in trying to find Erica Parsons. ......
On that we agree. It's only your 50:50 probability assessment that I take issue with.

BBM: I just registered online via the Voter Registration site. They ask your permission to go to the DMV and grab your signature, which they do within a matter of seconds, and then you are good to go. I wasn't changing an address but I was changing the spelling of my name to match my license.

Perhaps I should have been clearer because I was talking about Casey's parents changing addresses, therefore districts, polls and voting ballots, not making corrections to your registration while maintaining the same address.

Personal experience: My daughter just moved and although she had changed her address and received a new driver's license, she had to acquire transfer papers with documentation as proof of permanent primary address change to be able to vote in the elections tomorrow.

I searched for more info about that username and as anyone else who has, found a lot of posts on a NC trading site listing dachshund puppies. I looked at her user profile on the site and was frustrated to see I couldn't see who her "unfollowers" were, nor what two of her "boards" used to contain (the first of the three had a puppy ad—I guess it works like pintrest), but her one other mutual follower on there is someone called Javier from Miami, with the word "violent" in the username on a linked profile. Strange friend to make on a local antique/animal trading site? Hope this doesn't violate TOS, but while we're talking about that username and stuff.

I searched for more info about that username and as anyone else who has, found a lot of posts on a NC trading site listing dachshund puppies. I looked at her user profile on the site and was frustrated to see I couldn't see who her "unfollowers" were, nor what two of her "boards" used to contain (the first of the three had a puppy ad—I guess it works like pintrest), but her one other mutual follower on there is someone called Javier from Miami, with the word "violent" in the username on a linked profile. Strange friend to make on a local antique/animal trading site? Hope this doesn't violate TOS, but while we're talking about that username and stuff.

I guess I can't see what you're talking about :( I can only see Casey and the one dachshund ad pinned on one board. Other two boards are empty. I see one follower, but don't get anything when I click on their username.

Perhaps I should have been clearer because I was talking about Casey's parents changing addresses, therefore districts, polls and voting ballots, not making corrections to your registration while maintaining the same address.

Personal experience: My daughter just moved and although she had changed her address and received a new driver's license, she had to acquire transfer papers with documentation as proof of permanent primary address change to be able to vote in the elections tomorrow.

Your daughter just moved? If she missed the 25-day deadline, in order to vote in tomorrow's election, she would be required to complete the registration form and to provide proof of residency by showing an elections official an acceptable form of ID with her current name and address. There was no election close to the time when the Stone's voter registration was changed, however, so that did not apply. I'll just leave it at that.

http://www.rowancountync.gov/GOVERNMENT/Departments/BoardofElections/HowtoRegistertoVote.aspx

I guess I can't see what you're talking about :( I can only see Casey and the one dachshund ad pinned on one board. Other two boards are empty. I see one follower, but don't get anything when I click on their username.

Maybe it was a fluke, dunno. That website seems all sorts of poorly designed based on the fact that half the results I get when I search for it are inaccessible post-login user-specific pages. It set off a mild hinky meter but I'm 99.9% sure it's nothing. If anyone were doing anything illicit on such a public page I'm sure there would be no following of any sort.

The twitter following all those identically named Goodmans was still pretty creepy, though. Maybe it's some weird SEO bot that does it automatically based on popular search term combinations, but I have no idea what that accomplishes. Another website I comment on frequently had a mass freakout while the Boston bombers were being sought after it was determined that someone had posted a link to a review site dedicated to the exact brand of pressure cooker used in the bombing, the DAY before it happened. The username seemed randomly generated but everyone sleuthed the hell out of it, finding some kind of connection to anarchist death metal bands in Germany. Turns out it was a spam bot. The moral of the story is: the internet is weird, but CP is weirder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme