NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Jamie give a specific date in November that he last saw Erica?

Early media reports when this story first broke, the date of November 19, 2011 was being quoted as the last time Erica was seen. Where that date came from, I have no clue.

=================================
http://www.wistv.com/story/23050874/teen-girl-reported-missing-two-years-after-disappearance

"Parsons was reported missing on July 30 to the Sheriff's Office by a step-sibling, investigators told WBTV. She was last seen on November 19, 2011 at a home along the 200-block of Miller Chapel Road in Salisbury. Deputies say Parsons was last seen by her step-brother, James Parsons, when she was 13-years-old. James Parsons told investigators that his parents said Erica went to stay with other family members, when he asked where she was. He contacted police about Erica last week after recently moving out of his parents' home."
=================================

And this is one more thing that just sounds so "off." How many grandparents are going to buy a whole new wardrobe for a child when they are supposedly just taking the child for a visit? I certainly couldn't afford to do that, and why would I want to? If she had clothes and personal items, were they just so shabby the 'grandma' was too ashamed to let her bring them? Or was this just another way to entice Erica to stay with her? It would cost a small fortune to buy that many clothes, underwear, personal items, etc. Did Erica not have any keepsakes, pictures, anything she wanted to take with her?

None of this makes any sense.

Yeah. I also pointed this out a while back, but 1) why buy a truckload of clothes for a girl who is probably about to go through a growth spurt, especially without having her try them on first; 2) if you're Magical Nan from Fantasyland, why not take that girl SHOPPING (which would be thrilling for her) rather than pre-buy the clothes? So many little details like this that make the lies so obvious and infuriating.

(Jeez, and on that note, why haul all those pre-purchased clothes to the meeting site hours away from your home? And if she's supposed to have bought them on the way to meeting site...again why not just wait a few hours and take Erica shopping? Such a dumb, dumb story.)

yeah if you dissect that sequence of pronouncements about the event, it's rather illogical huh

Yeah. I also pointed this out a while back, but 1) why buy a truckload of clothes for a girl who is probably about to go through a growth spurt, especially without having her try them on first; 2) if you're Magical Nan from Fantasyland, why not take that girl SHOPPING (which would be thrilling for her) rather than pre-buy the clothes? So many little details like this that make the lies so obvious and infuriating.

(Jeez, and on that note, why haul all those pre-purchased clothes to the meeting site hours away from your home? And if she's supposed to have bought them on the way to meeting site...again why not just wait a few hours and take Erica shopping? Such a dumb, dumb story.)

I have a hard time believing a young girl 13 who is a little socially and intellectually immature, who has had a hard life, would not take some belonging with her that she was attached to ..her favorite something..

I'm a giver. I don't have grandkids, but have many friends that do. I rarely babysit them, but I have taken them shopping and bought them clothes. I wouldn't attempt buying them without the kids, because brands differ in sizes and so do people. Plus the kids love trying on new clothes and picking out new outfits. It's part of the fun for me and them!

As to the last date Erica was seen, I tend to believe that the LE search warrant
(citing November or December) is the most accurate info for the following reasons ...

- it is a legal document
- it represents the info LE is working with
- LE info comes from a direct conversation with Jamie
- no media has ever reported having a direct conversation with Jamie

- it is more likely that Jamie's memory of an event about 2 years prior would be vague,
rather than able to supply the precise date of 19 Nov 2011. I think that if Jamie had made
a record of that date on a calendar or in a diary, then when he made the missing report,
he would have told LE about that as proof. And if LE was given that specific date,
there is no reason LE would change the given date for the search warrant.

- the date of 19 November 2011 can not be attributed to any verifiable source
(meaning we don't know where the media got that date - LE has never mentioned that date)

- NamUs & Charley-Project are using a universal form that forces the data entry person to choose
a specific date (it seems they used the only date mentioned by media which was 19 November 2011)

- "Salisbury Post" interview relates that Erica spent Thanksgiving day with the PARSONS family
and Thanksgiving Day fell on Thursday, 24 November 2011.

So it seems that some media chose the weekend before Thanksgiving as the last seen date.
The date is is not coming from any specific witness to Erica's presence.
LE's recount of Jamie's conversation, would seem to indicate that Jamie saw Erica
between Thanksgiving Day (24 Nov 2011) & Christmas Day (25 Dec 2011).

http://www.acandyrose.com/2013-08-09-ParsonsMediaInterviewPt1.pdf

Reporter: Now, fast forward to, I guess, roughly November 2011.
What happened the last day she was here?

Casey: She didn't - her last day wasn't in November -

Reporter: Or, roughly around that time -

Casey: She -

Reporter: - when was the last time -

Casey: The third trip that she went to Nan's on - & that's the final trip where
she stayed with Nan, was December 17th of 2011. & that was supposed to be
a 3 week trip for Christmas. She had already went & visited in November &
come back for - it was for Thanksgiving but it wasn't on the Thanksgiving week
because she was with us that week
. Um, but she went for that weekend in
November & come back. She also went in another weekend in September & come back.

Reporter: Okay, so she went around Christmas time & previously in September & November.

Casey: Yes.

I know one thing, for a older lady , Nan sure was full of vinegar, driving every where, having horses, being all internet savvy, shopping....amazing lady.

And even drove an SUV...I don't think I've EVER seen an elderly woman drive an SUV. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I've just never seen it. They are hard for the elderly to get into.

So how did Casey know NOT to pack a suitcase for Erica when they made the trip to Mooresville McDonalds, if she didn't find out until after she got there that "Nan" had tons of new clothes in the back of the SUV?

You cannot make sense of things that are senseless.
We are all trying to logically weave together a web out of things that are illogical.
We cannot do it !
Imagine what LE's thinking .

6 hours each way, it's possible. Also Jamie didn't say mom, dad and Erica were home in bed when he went to sleep. Jmo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

Another thought is that Jamie may not have even been home the night before to know if Erica was there. He only said she wasn't there when he woke up. What if he had spent the day with friends and got home late; therefore, we wouldn't know if Erica was there or not. For all we know, it could have been 24 hours since he seen her.

Going with the last date known alive from Namus of November 19, 2011, we can just use that date as an arbitrary one. November 19, 2011 was a Saturday. It is entirely possible that he was out late on Friday night the 18th.

Actually NCMEC has today's date as the last date Erica was seen alive. That means 2 years ago today. So very very sad :(

ERICA LYNN PARSONS Age Progression
Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: Feb 24, 1998 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Nov 1, 2011 Race: White
Age Now: 15 Height: 4'5" (135 cm)
Missing City: SALISBURY Weight: 85 lbs (39 kg)
Missing State : NC Hair Color: Brown
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Brown
Case Number: NCMC1220601
Circumstances: Erica's photo is shown age-progressed to 15 years. She was last seen on November 1, 2011, and has not been seen or heard from since.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

snipped:

The best that I could come up with is the following for this 5 month window;

- July 2011: Casey, Sandy and family were staying temporarily at Sandy's father's house on Sutton. This is based on the address listed on court records of 7/29/11 for Jamie. Assuming Erica was there with them. Don't know if the oldest son was living there with them.

- August 2011: The oldest son got married. I have found no reference if he and the new wife moved to a new separate address or if they were living with Casey and Sandy at the senior Parsons home on Sutton. He did not officially join the Army until April 2012.

Voter registration: https://www.ncsbe.gov/VoterInformation.aspx?id=BDC5B17E9F594C87290E573CE963C372F03D914417DF32E7
The oldest son registered to vote in Landis, NC in May 2010 and that hasn't changed. So, we must assume that he lived there then.

This site also shows that SP (senior) registered to vote in Concord, NC in 2008 and that hasn't changed.
https://www.ncsbe.gov/VoterInformation.aspx?id=8FF93D5E34877AC63733B5B257FD37D4

What is strange is that in NC, when we move, the law says that our drivers licenses are not legal after 60 days unless we give a change of address and acquire a new license with the new address. When you change addresses, the DMV usually ask you if you want to change your address with the elections board so that you can still legally vote. Neither SP (senior), SP II or CP made that change. (Just to add: There is no evidence that they have tried to vote once they moved.)

I am about 99.9999% positive that if anybody in North Carolina had seen Erica since January 2011, they would have come forward by now.

Mailman, convenience store clerk, Sunday school teacher, neighbor, family friend, doctor, dentist, guy driving down the street. Anybody?

Maybe someone or more than one person did come forward. We wouldn't necessarily have that information. I don't think LE would make a point of announcing that "_______" reported seeing Erica in July of 2011, for example, when they have already said she was last seen in November/December 2011.

snipped:

Voter registration: https://www.ncsbe.gov/VoterInformation.aspx?id=BDC5B17E9F594C87290E573CE963C372F03D914417DF32E7
The oldest son registered to vote in Landis, NC in May 2010 and that hasn't changed. So, we must assume that he lived there then.

This site also shows that SP (senior) registered to vote in Concord, NC in 2008 and that hasn't changed.

What is strange is that in NC, when we move, the law says that our drivers licenses are not legal after 60 days unless we give a change of address and acquire a new license with the new address. When you change addresses, the DMV usually ask you if you want to change your address with the elections board so that you can still legally vote. Neither SP (senior), SP II or CP made that change. (Just to add: There is no evidence that they have tried to vote once they moved.)

Thank You so much AlcorSuhu !!

That was very helpful to fill in some blanks on my "Erica Parsons Address" page where I've been trying to track where Erica Parsons lived from birth to missing. :loveyou:

I had the N. Chapel St. address but I did not have that Buford St address at all !

I did think it was strange as to why Sandy Sr. had a court record back in 1999 for not changing his address. I didn't realize that NC had that law regarding invalid DL if you didn't change your address. Interesting.

Here in Ohio, our DL or state IDs are renewed every 4 years on our birthday.

snipped:

Hmm, from the link you provided above on voter information, it's showing both of Casey's parents address as living at the Miller Chapel Rd house with registration date of 06/21/2013 !!

And even drove an SUV...I don't think I've EVER seen an elderly woman drive an SUV. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I've just never seen it. They are hard for the elderly to get into.

Is a Jeep Grand Cherokee classified as an SUV? That's what I've driven for the past 13 years, (two different Jeeps) and I am elderly. They're easier to get in and out of than a car, for me. I'm not tall, either... 5'4", but I can slide in and out with no trouble. Matter of fact, that's why I bought the first one, because it did not make my back hurt from all that stooping and bending it takes to get in and out of a lower car.

Is a Jeep Grand Cherokee classified as an SUV? That's what I've driven for the past 13 years, (two different Jeeps) and I am elderly. They're easier to get in and out of than a car, for me. I'm not tall, either... 5'4", but I can slide in and out with no trouble. Matter of fact, that's why I bought the first one, because it did not make my back hurt from all that stooping and bending it takes to get in and out of a lower car.

I'm considered elderly because I am 63, and I drive a Jeep Commander! I also had an SUV before that. The reason I drive an SUV is because I feel much safer in one. I was driving a Mitsubishi (sp?) Eclipse in 1995 and was badly hurt in an accident where I was plowed into head-on. So, now the bigger, the heavier is what I feel safe in. Knowing it would most likely be the last vehicle I would buy, I got the Jeep Commander with all the bells and whistles on it. I'd drive a tank if I could!!

Something needs to happen in this case. It is probably now a case where LE knows the so-called adoptive parents (ugh) are responsible and just cannot prove it at this time. Something has got to give!

:moo:

I don't think 63 is considered elderly nowadays. Nan was supposedly in her 80s. I think of my mother-in-law who is in her 80s and in the best shape one can be in at that age, even looking at least 20 years younger. They had an SUV for a bit but had to get rid of it because it was too hard for her to get in and out.

I drive a Jeep Sahara by the way and will be 59 this month. I am in no way elderly. (o;

Found something that I'm not sure has been mentioned before. A social networking profile for Erica. Under her friends is CP using the last name Stone. Even a reference to the Jonas Bros show! Under that profile there is an Irene Goodman, as well as other names that have been mentioned by CP. There could be info among these pages. If I can post the link, please let me know. I'm going through these profilesn but the more eyes the better!

well if you are 100% it is Erica's I am going to say post- you always could and then alert a mod for clarification...I guess

but WHEN was it created....KWIM??

well if you are 100% it is Erica's I am going to say post- you always could and then alert a mod for clarification...I guess

but WHEN was it created....KWIM??

The posts say July and August but no year, so I'm assuming this year. I have been looking over them, I am now sure it is Erica's. On the Casey Stone page there are Multiple Irene Goomans, Erica Parsons , Carolyn Parsonsn and even Billy Goodmans. I am starting to wonder if she started it to make it look like she is trying to find her. If that is the case though, why go under the name Stone and not Parsons. Or could she be trying to find someone to pin it on?:scared: Someone please alert the mods if this is not allowed! I am not familiar with how to alert them yet.
https://mobile.twitter.com/erikaparsons/followers
That will take you to Erica's and you can click on Casey's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro