NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of the infamous gas receipts in the JA case gives me hope that LE will find the same sort of thread to unravel the mess of yarn CP has woven.

I don't know where the eldest son was when Erica disappeared, but the other four biological children were still living at home as far as I know. The two youngest children may have had blind faith in whatever story they were told, but I can't help but think the two older children would have, at some point, begun to question the veracity of the "Nan" story. The older daughter knew for sure she had not gone to Mooresville with her parents to drop Erica off. Jamie certainly knew his parents had continued to receive checks for Erica for months after she was no longer around. I'd have to guess that the older daughter would have the same knowledge and probably more since CP seemed to rely on her backing up the drop-off story.
I would imagine LE would have told the family not to share information that might be critical to the investigation.

The best that I could come up with is the following for this 5 month window;

- July 2011: Casey, Sandy and family were staying temporarily at Sandy's father's house on Sutton. This is based on the address listed on court records of 7/29/11 for Jamie. Assuming Erica was there with them. Don't know if the oldest son was living there with them.

- July 2011: Casey said on Dr. Phil that she had been in contact with "Nan" since July 2011. Based on Casey's story, this would mean that she was living at the senior Wm Parsons home on Sutton when she was in contact with "Nan."

- August 2011: The oldest son got married. I have found no reference if he and the new wife moved to a new separate address or if they were living with Casey and Sandy at the senior Parsons home on Sutton. He did not officially join the Army until April 2012.

- August 17, 2011: Casey, Sandy at the 218 Miller Chapel house. This is based on the address listed on court records of 8/17/11 for Jamie. At this point the only children living in that home would be Jamie, Brooke, Erica (?), and the two youngest children.

- September 11, 2011: This is the date Dr. Phil referenced in his notes when talking to Casey as the first weekend that Erica went to visit with "Nan."

- November 2011: This is the reference we have from Dr. Phil interview that Erica went for her 2nd weekend visit with "Nan." Casey specifically said this was before Thanksgiving, as she claimed Erica was there with the family for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving that year was Thursday 11/24/2011. (Side note: This is also the same month/year that Casey told Carolyn on Facebook that "Erica went camping with Tammy, Casey’s sister.")

- November or December 2011: This is the date time period referenced as when Jamie last saw Erica. (From the 8/14/13 probable cause affidavit is the following: "That on July 30, 2013 the Rowan County Sheriff's Office received information from James and Scott Parsons that James Parsons' sister hasn't been seen since approximately November or December 2011. James stated that on the morning in November or December 2011 he awoke and realized his sister Erica Lynn Parsons was not at the home.")

- December 17, 2011: This is the date Casey Parsons told Dr. Phil was the last trip that Erica went to visit "Nan" over Christmas vacation, and of course never returned. (From the 8/14/13 probable cause affidavit is the following: "Casey Parsons also told detectives that in 2011 she, her husband Sandy and their daughter Brook took Erica to meet Irene Goodman, but in an interview with Brook, Brook stated she stayed at home with the older children when her parents delivered Erica to Irene Goodman."

sometimes I wonder if nothing else , they DID head towards that Moorevilles Mickey D's....ya know on the off chance someone recalled seeing their vehicle in the vicinity/traveling in direction of
hmm

Okay, so, speaking of the vehicle, I have wondered why there isn't a description of the vehicle given. Light color, dark color, new, old, large (Suburban), small (Edge), etc.

AND, why isn't there an artist's rendition of a description of "Nan" - and Kelly & Strawberry for that matter?

I mean, I know "Nan/Irene" doesn't exist, but if there is the slightest, most remote possibility that some lady portrayed herself to be "Nan" for the purpose of trafficking shouldn't we have a description in case somebody else is dealing with her right now?

That's the million dollar question windstorm!!

Sandy Parsons said the ONLY trip he went with Casey to drop Erica off at McDonalds in Mooresville was the December 17, 2011. Dr. Phil asked Sandy why he didn't get out of the car and go met "Nan" and his answer was, "I just didn't make an effort to talk to this woman."

===============================
http://www.acandyrose.com/2013-08-20-DrPhil-Sandy-CaseyParsonsPt-1.pdf
http://www.acandyrose.com/2013-08-21-DrPhil-Sandy-CaseyParsonsPt-2.pdf

Reference Dr. Phil Interview:

Dr. Phil: Sandy, you talked to us in the pre-interview and you said Casey and I would go back and forth dropping Erica off to be with "Nan." But then in the interview you said you never met "Nan" face to face, that you trusted your wife. (Dr. Phil reading from interview): "when Erica went the first couple weekends I did not drop her off, I was at work, Casey dropped her off."
Sandy Parsons: I never said..... I dropped her off the last time. That's the only time I ever dropped her off the last time, the last time on December 17th.
Dr. Phil: You've never met "Nan" face to face?
Sandy Parsons: Not face to face, it was across the parking lot. I just laid my....
Dr. Phil: Why, why would you, this woman is about to drive off with your daughter. First time, second time, last time, why would you not go look this woman in the eye?
Sandy Parsons: I just trusted my wife that this woman was telling everything.
Dr. Phil: I understand you trusted your wife, I'm not saying this would be an act of distrust with your wife, but why wouldn't you get out of the van and go met this woman that's taking your daughter off?
Sandy Parsons: Well, I ain't never been the daddy that took them to doctors or dentist appointments or anything like that, she done all that. That was her role in our relationship until she got sick.
Dr. Phil: Right. Umm, but does it seem odd to you in retrospect that you never met this woman?
Sandy Parsons: I just didn't make an effort to talk to this woman.
===============================

Okay, so, speaking of the vehicle, I have wondered why there isn't a description of the vehicle given. Light color, dark color, new, old, large (Suburban), small (Edge), etc.

AND, why isn't there an artist's rendition of a description of "Nan" - and Kelly & Strawberry for that matter?

I mean, I know "Nan/Irene" doesn't exist, but if there is the slightest, most remote possibility that some lady portrayed herself to be "Nan" for the purpose of trafficking shouldn't we have a description in case somebody else is dealing with her right now?

Here's the part where Casey mentions the SUV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pSM1_YLyj0E

====================================
Dr. Drew: Okay, so, when a teen goes away, they pack a bag, she packed a bag to be gone for three weeks, ah, but you say when you got there, she didn't take her suitcase with her?

Casey Parsons: No she didn't. I was talking with "Nan" and "Strawberry" and called her to the back of the car, the SUV they was in, and they had purchased all new clothes for her, brand new clothes, with tags, even a coat.

Dr. Drew: Right, so, I got to say, some people listen to this, and it's kind of like we sometimes tell our kids if they're at school and they're hamster dies and oh it went to the farm to live and you know, you don't tell them that their hamster died, it went to the farm to live, and here you say you drop her off with a lady at McDonalds, they're going to a farm, there's horses, she doesn't take any of her clothes, none of her belongings, they bought her all new things and had them in the back of the van, or station wagon or whatever, SUV or whatever it was, so there wasn't one single thing in that suitcase that the child considered a personal item that she wanted to take with her? Not a favorite T-shirt, jammies, sweater......
====================================

So how did Casey know NOT to pack a suitcase for Erica when they made the trip to Mooresville McDonalds, if she didn't find out until after she got there that "Nan" had tons of new clothes in the back of the SUV?

doesn't it sound like she had a suitcase (well according to CP) in the Parson car, but when Erica went to SUV too, they saw clothes & she didn't get the suitcase out to take afterwards? LIke there 'was' a suitcase?

"but you say when you got there, she didn't take her suitcase with her?" assuming a suitcase was there some where?

I understood Casey to mean that Erica left home with a suitcase, but after arriving in Mooresville, Erica didn't take the suitcase since Nan had purchased "brand new clothes, with tags, even a coat."

The only problem I see about Erica's body having been transported to MO is that the story Jamie gave was that when he woke up Erica was gone. I doubt the adoptive parents would have had time to make a trip to MO and back overnight, but I could be wrong.

6 hours each way, it's possible. Also Jamie didn't say mom, dad and Erica were home in bed when he went to sleep. Jmo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

Back in thread 2 (can't remember which post) bio mom CarP said she met with Erica in January 2011 and then CP blocked contact. Still trying to catch up here, but is that the last time anybody outside immediate adoptive family claims to have seen Erica?

AFAIK yes this is correct. Carolyn is the last one outside of family household who reported seeing Erica and that was Jan 2011. Only other person is Jamie, who was living in the house. He reports Nov 2011. Then of course we have Casey's story, that it was December 2011.

Everything above is JMO!

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21343/0/

On the fourth page "clothing and accessories" it says shorts,sweatshirt with a snowman on the front. I had never noticed this before and wanted to share

Reall? shorts in November/December? Doesn't it get cold in winter in NC? And then a sweatshirt? Oh ya and according to Casey, she was wearing her new Christmas boots. Was it cold or hot then? I'm confused!

Everything above is JMO!

^
Not to get too far OT but didn't Baker have children of her own also? Of course she and hubby were into drugs, prescription and illegal IIRC. I'd think CP might get some Rx but there hasn't been a word about any kind of illegal drugs.

But remember CP was in too much pain to take the lie detector test, even after taking pain medication.

Everything above is JMO!

I understood Casey to mean that Erica left home with a suitcase, but after arriving in Mooresville, Erica didn't take the suitcase since Nan had purchased "brand new clothes, with tags, even a coat."

And this is one more thing that just sounds so "off." How many grandparents are going to buy a whole new wardrobe for a child when they are supposedly just taking the child for a visit? I certainly couldn't afford to do that, and why would I want to? If she had clothes and personal items, were they just so shabby the 'grandma' was too ashamed to let her bring them? Or was this just another way to entice Erica to stay with her? It would cost a small fortune to buy that many clothes, underwear, personal items, etc. Did Erica not have any keepsakes, pictures, anything she wanted to take with her?

None of this makes any sense.

Sorry, yes, both you and sreshowtime are correct, it does sound like Erica left with a suitcase but didn't take it with her.

Reall? shorts in November/December? Doesn't it get cold in winter in NC? And then a sweatshirt? Oh ya and according to Casey, she was wearing her new Christmas boots. Was it cold or hot then? I'm confused!

Everything above is JMO!

I think it does get cold in winter in NC, however, we used to live in the Texas Panhandle where it gets VERY cold sometimes and I saw many teens wearing shorts in the winter. Maybe a jacket and boots as well. I was amazed, but it does happen. Thing is, in the South, it doesn't STAY cold all winter, usually. We have a lot of warm days throughout the winter season.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21343/0/

On the fourth page "clothing and accessories" it says shorts,sweatshirt with a snowman on the front. I had never noticed this before and wanted to share

NamUs lists her last date seen as November 19, 2011. I think that was the date that Jamie said he last saw her. According to weathersource.com (which has NOAA data) the high temperature for Salisbury for that day was 55 degrees and the low was 26 degrees. That is cold for wearing shorts.

I am about 99.9999% positive that if anybody in North Carolina had seen Erica since January 2011, they would have come forward by now.

Mailman, convenience store clerk, Sunday school teacher, neighbor, family friend, doctor, dentist, guy driving down the street. Anybody?

But remember CP was in too much pain to take the lie detector test, even after taking pain medication.

Everything above is JMO!

IMO, CP couldn't wait to flee when confronted with the LDT. I guarantee you the adoptive couple found out from that interview how implausible the public found the "Nan" story. They'd been able to stall their families, fly under the radar because of the laxness of the checks of the homeschool system, and keep monies meant for Erica's care for almost two years, but all of that came to a screeching halt once Jamie went to his uncle and then LE.

Everything above is JMO!

http://www.almanac.com/weather/history/NC/Salisbury/2011-12-17

Temperature
Minimum Temperature
33.8 °F

Mean Temperature
42.5 °F

Maximum Temperature
48.9 °F

Pressure and Dew Point
Mean Sea Level Pressure
30.18 IN

Mean Dew Point
34.8 °F

Precipitation
Total Precipitation
0.53 IN

Rain and/or melted snow reported during the day.

Visibility
7.8 MI

Snow Depth
No data.

Did Jamie give a specific date in November that he last saw Erica? Never mind, according to the probable cause statement the date was no more specific than November or December. And now I find that The Charley Project lists the date as November 19, 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Altruistic_Ruin06