NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WBTV News ‏@WBTV_News 14m
Adoptive parents of #EricaParsons will continue to have only supervised visits with children after a 2-day hearing. http://bit.ly/1gLuf7V

news14charlotte ‏@news14charlotte 31m
Erica Parsons' adoptive grandfather testifies in custody hearing http://bit.ly/1cVYOHe

Chris | WBTV Web ‏@WBTVWebChris 37m
Confirmed; no more Parsons custody hearing until 12/2. Kids stay with grandparents James and Shirley Stone, as they have been since August.

WBTV News ‏@WBTV_News 26m
Missing teen #EricaParsons' adoptive parents didnt regain custody of bio kids during hearing http://bit.ly/18tsrrZ

Burning of garbage in the rural areas where the Parsons have lived is not permitted. You can burn debris such as leaves and fallen branches only if you don't have access to pick up and if you follow clear guidelines. The debris must be relatively small and from your own property.

Here is a link: http://daq.state.nc.us/rules/rules/D1900.pdf

In NC, it would be so very easy to bury someone that there is no need to burn! :sick: After all, Zahra Baker's remains have been found in at least 4 different locations although all of her was never found. Her murderers disposed of her in all of those places with parking and moving. Yet, no witness ever came forward to say they even saw someone in a vehicle behaving oddly!:banghead:

Right now, about 75 miles northwest of Salisbury, our mountains and valleys are on fire in Linville Gorge and Table Rock where the movie, Last of the Mohegans was filmed. It is sad and very dangerous and scary as the wind is high, temperatures are abnormally low, it is dry and they have 0% under control. This area is just north of I-40 on the way to Asheville. They think it started from a campfire.

(oh no, Linville Gorge & falls, spent some wonderful , giddy times there)

In southern NC it is very common for people to burn yard debris, whether it is legal or not. Where I live you are "supposed" to go to the county fire department and get a permit. It is free and simply just lets the town know that you are planning to burn. The permit is good for a month. The rural road I live on is approximately 10 miles long. Pretty much any day I drive out to town there is at least one homestead that has a fire burning on its property. This time of year it is more likely that there are 4 or 5 fires burning in the 8 mile stretch that I drive to get to the main road that takes me into town.

It is just the way it is...people do burn things in their yard. Law enforcement "turns a blind eye". They have a lot of other, more important things, to worry about.

Burning of garbage in the rural areas where the Parsons have lived is not permitted. You can burn debris such as leaves and fallen branches only if you don't have access to pick up and if you follow clear guidelines. The debris must be relatively small and from your own property.

Here is a link: http://daq.state.nc.us/rules/rules/D1900.pdf .....
And I suppose everyone in your state abides by the speed limit, and nobody ever runs a red light nor ever drinks and drives? :rolleyes:

Another way of looking at it: the reason WebSleuths exists is because people do not follow the law, or to discuss the results of people not following the law. Why would you assume that an administrative regulation on what you are allowed to burn in NC would be universally followed? :confused:

IMHO not too certain burning was involved in this case...too many nooks and crannies she could have been put

SBM.

I will try to find time to review all the addresses. I know some of them fairly well, notably the "ground zero" house on Miller Chapel, which has been undergoing substantial renovation following a recent fire, and of course the "modifications" made by the SBI and sheriff's investigators. The area is comprised of low-middle cost single family homes, on the outer western edge of the contiguous developed area centered on Salisbury. It is about three miles outside the city limit, and close to arable agricultural land, as well as numerous parcels of hardwood woodland, some of which have been harvested in the past 2-3 years. There are a several creeks in the area, but only one pond that I know of, which is surrounded by several houses (about ¼ mile from the house). The house is close to a handful of rented duplexes on the other side of the road, and close to a development of duplex/triplex rental homes behind the houses directly across the street (access is NOT off Miller Chapel, and would mean a quarter miles trip round two sides of a triangle to reach the area where the duplex/triplexes are). There are many deer running through the area, even within the city limits, occasional coyotes are seen, bears are very rare in the area, though not unheard of, even further in to Salisbury. I have never heard of bobcats, boar/ feral pigs, nor wolves in the area, though all exist in NC.

The house at 218 Miller Chapel Rd. is one mile outside the Salisbury city limit.

The area where Erica disappeared is not that rural anymore, and is well served by either municipal trash service or private contractors. It may happen, but I don't recall seeing, or smelling, anyone burning trash since I moved here ten years ago.

I've often seen area residents burning debris in this area, both outside and inside the Salisbury city limits. The smell of smoke can cause me to have a headache so maybe I'm more aware of it.

I did some service/mission work in Harlan County, Kentucky "The Meanest County in America". People in Appalachia would use that word "mean" all the time to talk about a person or their kids. They would say, "She's mean as a rattlesnake". It often seemed playful or synonymous with a "spitfire"--that kind of thing. It bothered me when the G-pa called Erica mean, just because of her being missing, but I wondered if he was using the word in that Appalachian way I heard. Anyone local use this word as a colloqualism?

I've heard the phrase used in Rowan County, also. "Mean" is used as a synonym for mischievious or playfulness. :)

I wonder how long it will be until we hear someone say that the people who testified in court against SP and CP this week were all lying?

And I suppose everyone in your state abides by the speed limit, and nobody ever runs a red light nor ever drinks and drives? :rolleyes:

Another way of looking at it: the reason WebSleuths exists is because people do not follow the law, or to discuss the results of people not following the law. Why would you assume that an administrative regulation on what you are allowed to burn in NC would be universally followed? :confused:

Of course, I know that many people do not obey laws! I made no assumption that they do otherwise. As a local resident, I was simply providing the information requested.

My neighbors are burning leaves and brush around here so much lately that I can hardly breathe. However, I have not noticed any rotting garbage burning. That is not meant to say that people don't break the law and do otherwise in some neighborhoods. It does seem that they would draw attention to themselves if they did. JMHO

I think that we have developed an idealistic visual of Erica. We imagine her to be angelic-like. However, we must remember that 1) she would have developed some sort of survival behaviour being subject to, and witness to, the toxicity of CasP's mental antagonizations....it would be understandable if Erica began to reflect or mirror these attitudes in order to survive. 2) Erica is a child victim, and nothing she could dish out or inflict upon others, would warrant the treatment that we have been hearing about. There are so many, many, many avenues of help to parents before abandoning/rehoming/killing a child.

I am inclined to believe Grandpa's observations because he is telling the good and the bad here. I don't envy him, being in such a tormented spot.

I agree. And the article also says - Family members have said they witnessed routine mental and physical abuse by Casey and Sandy against Erica.

It is not surprising to hear that Erica and James both were "mean." Where did they learn this behavior? Their parents, of course. I would be surprised if they didn't act that way.

I wonder how long it will be until we hear someone say that the people who testified in court against SP and CP this week were all lying?

My thoughts exactly! My bet is within 24 hours!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

Of course, I know that many people do not obey laws! I made no assumption that they do otherwise. As a local resident, I was simply providing the information requested.

My neighbors are burning leaves and brush around here so much lately that I can hardly breathe. However, I have not noticed any rotting garbage burning. That is not meant to say that people don't break the law and do otherwise in some neighborhoods. It does seem that they would draw attention to themselves if they did. JMHO

I agree, also a burning body would smell pretty horrible. I'm sure the smell would be distinguishable from burning trash. I'm just going by what I smell when docs are cauterizing my own skin after removing skin cancer spots...the smell is pretty nauseating. JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

.... The house at 218 Miller Chapel Rd. is one mile outside the Salisbury city limit. ....
My error. :( The city limit of Salisbury is a very odd shape, so yes, there is a long southern lobe of the city (to capture the mostly industrial development alongside Hwy 29, and especially the airport) much closer to Miller Chapel than the 3 miles I indicated, and I suspect is closer to just half a mile away down Airport Rd. FWIW there is also a satellite annexation, in between Miller Chapel and the city limit three miles away. I was trying to give an indication of the spread of the city-like development.

If you drive from Miller Chapel to the city limit three miles away, along Hwy 150, you will pass at least three areas of arable fields or pasture, and several hundred acres of woodland, interspersed with perhaps 8 or so subdivision developments, including one which is the satellite annexation referred to above.
.....I've often seen area residents burning debris in this area, both outside and inside the Salisbury city limits. The smell of smoke can cause me to have a headache so maybe I'm more aware of it. ....
I didn't say there was no burning, I said I was not aware of people burning their trash. The area has a lot of trees, and so there are plenty of people burning yard debris, branches, leaves, and what-have-you, and I do so often myself.

I did some service/mission work in Harlan County, Kentucky "The Meanest County in America". People in Appalachia would use that word "mean" all the time to talk about a person or their kids. They would say, "She's mean as a rattlesnake". It often seemed playful or synonymous with a "spitfire"--that kind of thing. It bothered me when the G-pa called Erica mean, just because of her being missing, but I wondered if he was using the word in that Appalachian way I heard. Anyone local use this word as a colloqualism?

I don't know about there, but around here I hear that description a lot, but in a teasing sort of way. While there are some people who take offense with it, especially if you attach it to one of their children, most people take it in the spirit it's given... as a joke. I've even described my own kids as being 'mean' when in reality, there is not a mean bone in their bodies!

I'm glad the children will remain with their grandparents for now and hope permanent custody is awarded to the grandparents. Maybe one day soon we will all hear more from the family members regarding what they observed as far as Erica and the other children.

I don't know about there, but around here I hear that description a lot, but in a teasing sort of way. While there are some people who take offense with it, especially if you attach it to one of their children, most people take it in the spirit it's given... as a joke. I've even described my own kids as being 'mean' when in reality, there is not a mean bone in their bodies!

my current hubs when we were dating and went to our first really fancy dress event, said to me "d*mn woman, you look MEAN!" he meant I looked fantastic, awesome, out of this world, lol.

language and how its used and in what context is so funny.

I am so glad the littlest parsons are staying exactly where they so LE have more time to get to the bottom of Erica's case. I am obsessing over this girl and her sad life with this family. I really want to see this one resolved.

snipped
"he said Erica “was mean, and Jamie was always after her. We never suspected anything.”

Stone said Erica and Jamie were always fighting. He said, “she’d bring a lot of it on ... but Jamie was mean, too.” "

REALLY??? I am not too sure I understand this, or how it is being said
hmm

Jamie is 5 years older than tiny Erica, and a male. He had no business fighting with her, whether she started it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme