NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, I have to laugh. I said it was a letter M way back in this thread. I'm glad you also saw it. Cause it didn't look like an A to me. It looks like it is on this guys jacket or whatever he is wearing. It DOES NOT look like a reflection, IMO.

I remember....I agree with M. I'm indifferent about reflection or not. I'll have to refocus my "other car" mind to that project now. Hubby was laughing at me last night about the other car thing. He just doesn't GET it.

And the "busy hair" comment......bahahahahaha.

And the "busy hair" omment......bahahahahaha.

I know....I laughed when I typed that! We are always talking about the perp being a "bushy headed stranger".....in this case, it IS!!!! :eek:

Tho I read almost everyday, I do not post. I have really been enlightened today. I had not heard about blood on both sides of street. Had not seen car on other side of perps at ATM. Do now. Had not seen behind the drivers side of seat at window. Only been paying attn. to center.
I'm sure LE has the times at the ATMs. Just wonder what time they were? It was still dark at the bank ATM. What about the store?

Also had not heard anything about Eve being reported missing at 2:30 AM. And nobody seems to have mentioned it. (I could have missed it in my skimming).

I also heard the girl telling about her ex. Have not seen anything about that since. Have looked. Only here has it been mentioned. I was beginning to think I had heard about another crime.

You all do a good job.

I also agree that it is an "M". Forget, about the gloves, it's obvious now that he was wearing gloves at both places.

I agree with Dwight that it is the same guy in both pictures, based on body build and the "bushy" hair. Also, they both appear to have a little mustache above the lip. (or just a day's worth of unshaven hair?)

Somewhere, someone knows this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully, they will do the right thing and call the information in on who this SOB is to LE.

I agree with Dwight that it is the same guy in both pictures, based on body build and the "bushy" hair. Also, they both appear to have a little mustache above the lip. (or just a day's worth of unshaven hair?)

I'm afraid he'll shave his head then I'm not sure he will be as easy to spot!:furious:

If we have two busy haired guys, could they be brothers??? They really do look a lot alike (the ATM picture and the convenience store picture), but not "exactly" alike. Something is just "off" - for me anyway.

I was going to comment on that. The drivers face seems a tiny bit fuller than the convenience store perp. But, they do look alike and I wonder if it is 2 brothers. The only other thing is distortion from the cameras could be causing the not exact same look.

...I'm really hoping they have the guy after I get our of my next meeting in 45mins :)
How's the paper business? ;) Could you say hello to Jim and Michael for me? :)

Seriously, I also think that it is the same guy. If not, the guys are twins. I surely hope that someone has turned them in. These guys do not live in a vacuum.

Okay...
My boss has a Toyota Highlander and I went to look at her inside door panel and the door latch and round grate type thing is only about 2 to 3 inches below where the window goes down inside the door panel. So the line above the door latch would be the top of the Toyota's door panel and so the part above that line would have to be the door panel or side panel from a vehicle beside the passenger window. I can see the car's roof and window just in front fo the top of the Highlander.

Same dilemma here.

Why murder her in an affluent neighborhood and leave her there for sure discovery within two hours?? Seems you’d want as much time as you could get, so you’d at least try to hide the body.

Why risk detection by bringing the vehicle back close to her apartment, unless to pick up the getaway car? More time and safety could be bought by driving the vehicle OOS and torching it

Why does the perp allow a full-face photo at the ATM?

This is a very in-your-face crime, telling us the perps want some sort of recognition for this abomination, as well as to generate fear of them (gangs)

c6
Maybe it's a statement to the privileged. Maybe a, "You have money and esteem, but we can take it from you whenever we want."

Yes both of the 911 calls mention that they heard 3 or 4 gunshots, and a woman screamed 3 or 4 times.:(
Do you think they shot her several times to terrify her, or because they didn't know what they were doing? If it was the latter, I feel like that points to this being a gang initiation type crime. These were amateurs.

What about posting his picture at the ATM on billboards in the area? Plus, including on the billboard an anonymous 800 phone number to call to get in the queue for the reward? This jerk has to surface eventually. Also, what about yearbooks from high schools - maybe he didn't graduate but he could have his picture in one or two years he attended. Do you think he had an active license? Sure he was driving but is there any possibility that pictures are kept on file at Motor Vehicle Registry offices - on harddrives, etc.? Also, I'm pretty sure this guy must have commited a few crimes in his younger days - would he have his picture in booking files at police departments? Also, he had to have his Afro maintained - what about barber shops that cater specifically to Black clients?
I'm just throwing out ideas - if manpower is an issue (which it probably is), why not use cadets in the academy to pour over photobooks, files, etc.
Any other ideas? :confused:
I bet this kid's on Myspace. He might even have pictures of himself with the hat.

I sure hope LE checks the outside video survellance from the convenience store and looks for a cadillac in the vicinity.

Another thing to try is to look at pictures that are posted from nightclubs in the Raleigh and Chapel Hill area. The hair style this guy is sporting does appear to be very common, so I am a bit surprised he hasn't been named yet! Of course, all of this is like looking for a needle in a haystack.....but at least you feel like you are doing something.

If you look at his stance in the Store pic, he's "relaxed" standing up etc.

In the atm pic his face is tilted and his hand is up against his face (or so it looks like it to me)

Go peek into a mirror and take his stance in the ATM pic..Your face will look fuller because your applying pressure and "distorting" it a bit if that makes sense...plus (again only my opinions!) he's got a big ole oversized hoodie, as well as a cap over his head which I think creates an illusion of being bigger and fuller which could also explain the slight difference in hair styles (He couldn't have the poof going w/ the hoodie and hat on and be comfortable..so you stick it out to the side a bit that way the cap "fits") where in the atm pic, he can let it go the way it "naturally" would be styled...Hope that makes sense!

I'm not sure gang bangers go to nite clubs. I think they generally go to someone's house for a party.

Obviously, with the face of the killer plastered all over newspapers and the Internet, someone knows who this guy is. The reward, last I heard, was up to $55,000. People must really be afraid of this gang not to bite.

Money doesn't seem to buy info like it used to do - doesn't do you any good if you're six feet under. Gangs never forget eiher.

Checking in with the good WS community...Today's Raleigh News & Observer is speculating about the gang symbol on the hat, saying it could be a symbol for the Bloods and the People Nation, or Gangster Disciples, or the cap might not be relevant to gang activity at all. In today's news I am unable to find anything specific to my earlier post of the reward increase to $55,000, but that's what I thought the local TV news said yesterday at noon.

Prayers for Eve's family and friends....

This was probably posted, but I can't find it - it talks about her cell phone being recovered the same day she was found BUT - what I found interesting is this comment -

http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/2556546/

Snip

Police Chief Brian Curran said Monday that investigators had found it but he declined to say where because he wanted to "protect the integrity of
the investigation," including information only the killer might know.

Is that possibly implying that they used her phone before dumping it? Or that maybe she tried to use it, or are they referring to locations they (killer(s)) may have been at/dumped it?

Checking in with the good WS community...Today's Raleigh News & Observer is speculating about the gang symbol on the hat, saying it could be a symbol for the Bloods and the People Nation, or Gangster Disciples, or the cap might not be relevant to gang activity at all. In today's news I am unable to find anything specific to my earlier post of the reward increase to $55,000, but that's what I thought the local TV news said yesterday at noon.

Prayers for Eve's family and friends....

Which hat? The only one I had seen was the Houston Astros hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member