NC NC - Faith Hedgepeth, 19, UNC student, Chapel Hill, 7 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the “news conference” LE said they would have a news release “shortly” on the arrest but I have yet to see that; if anyone has please link to it. It probably won’t say much more than was disclosed at the conference, but I’d sure like to get some idea what evidence police have on the suspect beyond a DNA match (and I say that as someone who always said the case would be solved by DNA). I also suspect there will be a second arrest at some point, but no idea how soon (just my speculation).

I wonder if there may be a second arrest at some point as well, and while this perp was a complete unknown to us, the next arrest, if there is one, may not be. If someone else had any involvement, I don't think this guy is gonna go down quietly. JMO

WOW!
I am so pleased to see this. I have been able to keep up with this case for years, thanks to the members who kept this case in the forefront. Thank you for your efforts and dedication in seeking justice for Faith. Truly admirable!

I wonder if there may be a second arrest at some point as well, and while this perp was a complete unknown to us, the next arrest, if there is one, may not be. If someone else had any involvement, I don't think this guy is gonna go down quietly. JMO

yeah, I don't think he'll go quietly, but I think any 2nd perp will be equally unknown and related to him either by family or work affiliation (though really not worth speculating too much here, 'til more is known).

This might be a total shot in the dark, but I figured I'd point it out. The pocket-dial voicemail left before the murder uses the names 'Rosie' and 'Eriq.' Do we know if the suspect goes by his first name or his middle name, Enrique? This is TOTAL speculation, but maybe he was connected to Rosie (the roommate's nickname).

This might be a total shot in the dark, but I figured I'd point it out. The pocket-dial voicemail left before the murder uses the names 'Rosie' and 'Eriq.' Do we know if the suspect goes by his first name or his middle name, Enrique? This is TOTAL speculation, but maybe he was connected to Rosie (the roommate's nickname).

That pocket-dial didn't occur during the murder. It occurred earlier that night while they were at the club together. This has been verified by police checking with the phone company to verify the timestamp.

That pocket-dial didn't occur during the murder. It occurred earlier that night while they were at the club together. This has been verified by police checking with the phone company to verify the timestamp.
Yes, I’d be willing to bet money the pocket dial will prove to have no role in this whatsoever.

he did seem to go by Enrique on what appears to be his FB page, so possibly an interesting point; but I'm not someone who puts a lot of faith in the interpretation of that pocketdial.

Wow, certainly unexpected, but a wonderful step forward in hopefully getting some measure of justice for Faith and answers for her friends and family.

I have never commented on this case, but have followed it closely for around 7 years. After joining WS fairly recently I made my way through all of the comments on Faith’s case, but never commented because I honestly didn’t feel as if I had anything to add after so many years to what seemed like a relatively stagnant case.

That $9 million allocated to DNA testing so many backlogged kits was worth every cent! It’s a shame it took so long, but if I was a resident of NC I’d be thrilled to have my tax dollars spent this way. Cliche, better late than never!

A bit late, but here it is:

Welcome to Websleuths,
LizzyE !!

I feel as though there must be some connection between him and Faith, a random stranger wouldn’t have known that her roommate left in the middle of the night and that Faith was alone with the door unlocked. Also, what would be the point of the note that was left if he was a complete stranger to Faith??
Apparently he lived close by... Maybe he had a conversation with her and asked her to go out, etc., and she refused. He may have watched her coming & going, and then, knowing she was alone, went inside the apartment...
I must agree, @Moonbeam456, don't see it as totally random.

Welcome to Websleuths,
justiceforjudy !!

Apparently he lived close by... Maybe he had a conversation with her and asked her to go out, etc., and she refused. He may have watched her coming & going, and then, knowing she was alone, went inside the apartment...
I must agree, @Moonbeam456, don't see it as totally random.

He did live close, but it's hard to explain how out of the way her apartment building is from the main road. It would be really hard to spot someone going in and out of that apartment complex from anywhere else on that road. I went by tonight to leave a rose quartz at the bottom of the stairs to her apartment. I forgot just how far back it is.

Aside from investigating what tips they get, I've thought for a long time that LE is mainly playing a waiting game for one of two things. One, someone gets arrested somewhere and the DNA hits, or two, someone with knowledge of the crime decides to talk. They've decided that nothing else they release would help with either of those, so they just stay silent.
That said, I really doubt that there's NOTHING else they could release that would not compromise the investigation. They just don't think it will help it either. I was talking about this case with someone the other day, lamenting that LE wouldn't say anything new, if for no other reason than to drum up major new coverage of the case. They pointed out that this case is now so well known that it's hard to believe there's someone out there with crucial knowledge, who doesn't realize what they know is important. I thought that was a good point, even if it's pretty frustrating.

Odd didn't save my comments but I meant to include that this perp having a DUI arrest last month matches. I'm so glad he's been outed and we know his name and face

I look forward to hearing more on this

In the presser, Celisa thanked a cop from Montgomery Co., MD. His name is Steven, but I can’t find a link to him online. Has anyone else been able to? Surely this fellow had a big role in this investigation. And one of the Faith’s ex’s is from that area - maybe just a coincidence or maybe it’s a sign of more to come…

In the presser, Celisa thanked a cop from Montgomery Co., MD. His name is Steven, but I can’t find a link to him online. Has anyone else been able to? Surely this fellow had a big role in this investigation. And one of the Faith’s ex’s is from that area - maybe just a coincidence or maybe it’s a sign of more to come…
I noticed that too, but I’m not clear on the connection. At first I thought maybe the suspect had been apprehended in Montgomery county MD but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
I guess that’s one more thing we’ll have to wait on….

I noticed that too, but I’m not clear on the connection. At first I thought maybe the suspect had been apprehended in Montgomery county MD but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
I guess that’s one more thing we’ll have to wait on….

I thought he may have been apprehended up there as well, but yes, definitely not the case. So it makes me wonder why she shouted him out even more…
Interestingly enough though, Ty McNeil is from that area and recently lived less than 10 mins from that county. But, he skipped town and now he’s living in Colombia. Who knows if there’s a connection, but you never know.

New to this thread, but I've followed Faith Hedgepeth's case since I first saw it on tv several years ago. Never posted here b/c I didn't feel I had anything to add that others didn't phrase better.

Glad there's been an arrest and hope it brings some solace to her family.

What we know about Faith Hedgepeth murder suspect Miguel Salguero-Olivares | CBS 17

"Authorities held a press conference Thursday afternoon to announce the arrest but did not disclose many details about Salguero-Olivares or any relationship he may have had with Hedgepeth.

Records also show that Salguero-Olivares was arrested on Aug. 16 in Raleigh for driving while impaired. He listed his employer as a pizzeria during that arrest and said he lived in Chapel Hill"

“Salguero-Olivares’ record includes a charge for driving while impaired in Wake County from September, court records show.

His blood alcohol level was .2, which is more than twice the legal limit, documents said. His driver’s license was temporarily revoked following the charge.

Salguero-Olivares, who had a Chapel Hill address listed, was also charged with no operator’s license, no liability insurance, an open container alcohol violation and a registration violation, according to court records.

He failed to appear in court Sept. 3 and an outstanding order for his arrest was issued Sept. 7, court documents showed.”

BBM

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article254299583.html#storylink=cpy

On the 7th is when they put out an FTA? Am I understanding that correctly?

#J4F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member