NC NC - Faith Hedgepeth, 19, UNC student, Chapel Hill, 7 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Salguero-Olivares’ record includes a charge for driving while impaired in Wake County from September, court records show.

His blood alcohol level was .2, which is more than twice the legal limit, documents said. His driver’s license was temporarily revoked following the charge.

Salguero-Olivares, who had a Chapel Hill address listed, was also charged with no operator’s license, no liability insurance, an open container alcohol violation and a registration violation, according to court records.

He failed to appear in court Sept. 3 and an outstanding order for his arrest was issued Sept. 7, court documents showed.”

BBM

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article254299583.html#storylink=cpy

On the 7th is when they put out an FTA? Am I understanding that correctly?

#J4F

So it seems like it wasn’t just a DWI, but a bunch of other things too, and on top of all that he didn’t show up for his court date. I wonder if they took his DNA then since it’s not just a simple DWI. I’m just speculating since I have no clue how these things work, maybe someone who knows can chip in?

Sad that Tom Gasparoli (…as well as others) are not around to witness latest events… :(

In any event has anyone seen a physical description of the suspect? Just curious about his height, weight, overall physical condition…? Curious about a whole lot of other things, but at least that part should be publicly findable.

One other note: interesting to me how many of the press reports speak of the resemblance of the suspect to the DNA/computer generated picture distributed years ago — like many, I probably scanned 100s of photos of young Hispanic males at the time and found perhaps 75% (or more) of them bore some resemblance to that rather generic depiction… I’m a big fan of Parabon’s work and DNA analysis, but honestly I think that picture is getting too much attention.

Anyway, hope we learn more details today, even realizing most questions will go unanswered...

DNA match leads to arrest, murder charge in 2012 killing of UNC sophomore, officials say
AAOwSxd.img

Provided by WSOC Charlotte

Records also show that Salguero-Olivares was arrested on Aug. 16 in Raleigh for driving while impaired. He listed his employer as a pizzeria during that arrest and said he lived in Chapel Hill"

I wonder if he may have delivered a pizza to Faith's address at some point? Or possibly, did he work at the "Time Out" around the time of her murder?

I was also wondering if maybe he worked at Red Robin, where she worked, which is nearby.

Yes, I think we talked about this to some degree. The fact that the note indicated that he may have been jealous, pointed to a possible stalker; she might have even flirted with him at some point.

Last edited:
I wonder if he may have delivered a pizza to Faith's address at some point? Or possibly, did he work at the "Time Out" around the time of her murder?
Hmmmm, interesting. Very good idea, @Ibiz. Could be. He had to have seen her somewhere, and he had to know where she lived -- he could have followed her home one night when he saw her somewhere, and then just kept her in mind.

On the North Carolina judiciary page, it shows two different cases pending for this guy:

Misdemeanor:
Miguel Enrique Olivares:
Open Container & Fictitious Plates/Reg, case# 21CR734694, court: 10/06/21
Wake County

Felony:
Miguel Enrique Salguero-Olivares:
Homicide, case# 21CR054671, court: 9/17/21
Durham County

I think it's the same guy, & the omission of "Salguero" from the misdemeanor was due to the multiple name combo from an arrest predating the murder charge. Whomever that was, though i think it's him, was likely cited and released with the arraignment date set forth on the citation (upcoming 10/6).

So I'm not sure if that's related to the earlier DUI or just another example of how flagrant his disregard was for DNA retrieval (another alcohol citation in that same window)

This was a public record search for NC only, and each jurisdiction in NC may be another repository for their documents as well. Point is, just checked one place and found these two pending.

I'm so intrigued by where this will go, and whoo this guy is.

https://www1.aoc.state.nc.us

On the North Carolina judiciary page, it shows two different cases pending for this guy:

Misdemeanor:
Miguel Enrique Olivares:
Open Container & Fictitious Plates/Reg, case# 21CR734694, court: 10/06/21
Wake County

Felony:
Miguel Enrique Salguero-Olivares:
Homicide, case# 21CR054671, court: 9/17/21
Durham County

I think it's the same guy, & the omission of "Salguero" from the misdemeanor was due to the multiple name combo from an arrest predating the murder charge. Whomever that was, though i think it's him, was likely cited and released with the arraignment date set forth on the citation (upcoming 10/6).

So I'm not sure if that's related to the earlier DUI or just another example of how flagrant his disregard was for DNA retrieval (another alcohol citation in that same window)

This was a public record search for NC only, and each jurisdiction in NC may be another repository for their documents as well. Point is, just checked one place and found these two pending.

I'm so intrigued by where this will go, and whoo this guy is.

https://www1.aoc.state.nc.us

On one of the reports I watched last night they said he had driving citations etc. in Durham starting back in 2011.

Hallelujah!!!!! From the UK, I have followed this case for about 5 years, never understanding why when LE had a full male profile why they could not solve this horrific case, but knowing that there must be a reason and like all here, I hope we and more importantly Faith's family and friends get some answers about that.
Looking forward to reading everyone's info and theories later tonight just so glad something is finally moving here.
Just looking at the bare facts eventually I came to believe that the man was probably a man on the periphery of Faith's circle, lower social class to her, rejected by her or she was not even aware of him. Someone maybe living close to her, able to watch her comings and goings and then attack when he got the opportunity. Could even have been as random as a guy that spotted her at the club that night. We shall see.

I have driven by the apartment. It’s located in a huge apartment complex. It’s in one of the last buildings in the place. The person absolutely had to know where the girls lived.

This is super local to me, as in my ex and their son lived in a neighborhood right behind faith’s apartment. I have been so frustrated over the years, knowing someone was out there who did this. I’m so happy to see this arrest and, like others, look forward to hearing how and why their paths crossed. I’m not quite ready to issue my apology to Rosalie, but if further info proves no connection I certainly will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces