NC NC - Faith Hedgepeth, 19, UNC student, Chapel Hill, 7 Sept 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The soccer friend also acted suspicious and weird when shown a photograph of Faith, according to cops. I wonder if he saw or knows a little more than what's been stated?

I don't think that was the soccer friend. I believe it was DB who had the strange reaction to Faith's photo. Also, do we know the context of this photo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when searching for Karena I came across her NC voters registration. The address listed is 17 Lanark Rd but the apartment is 5639 Old Church..or something to that effect. When researching 17 Lanark, Karenas ex and possible other family members were listed as residents as well. Forgive me if this has already been discussed but had Karena and Faith just moved in? Could they had been staying with the Ex boyfriends parents? Which would explain the statement of Faith sleeping on the couch. Could the 911 call be the other girl and she was legitimately confused that Faith was there? When reading the 911 call I got the vibe of someone in shock and possibly coming down from something and/or hung over. Maybe Karena and Faith had been crashing over the other girls apartment since the restraining order? Idk, it's just something to maybe look into because things just arent quite adding up to me.

Karena and Faith both resided at the 17 Lanark apartments previously

They both resided at 5639 Old Chapel Hill Rd...Hawthorne at the View, at the time of this senseless and horrendous crime.

Gosh, so many disparate ideas floating… will just touch on a few things:

1) That document link given back in #378 is new to me, and seems to be a “rawer” version (with much more encryption & misspelling) of the documents I’ve usually viewed. I’m not clear, CreoleSpy, are you saying you’ve deciphered much or some of the encryption?

2) The idea of different notes or a mashup, or the bag as released by police being anything other than what it seems, also a new idea. I can’t imagine what the point would be of a mashup or misleading the public, but yes, very odd that that set of documents never quotes the full message as shown on the public release?
By the way, somewhere I read that the police know the food/bag was bought by Faith (at Time-out), raising the question of could SHE have written on it before it later showed up in the crime scene?

3) Also, am not clear, is it possible that the 911 call from the apt., as publicly released, is the entire call, or do we know for sure that the call has been redacted (which would make it that much harder to assess)?

4) Finally, Skigirl at #376 you mention a lookalike for the 20/20 show composite… are you willing to give initials of the individual?… when I originally went through Faith’s SM I found 4-5 possible matches to the composite (1 in particular), so curious if yours is one of mine?

Gosh, so many disparate ideas floating… will just touch on a few things:

1) That document link given back in #378 is new to me, and seems to be a “rawer” version (with much more encryption & misspelling) of the documents I’ve usually viewed. I’m not clear, CreoleSpy, are you saying you’ve deciphered much or some of the encryption?

2) The idea of different notes or a mashup, or the bag as released by police being anything other than what it seems, also a new idea. I can’t imagine what the point would be of a mashup or misleading the public, but yes, very odd that that set of documents never quotes the full message as shown on the public release?
By the way, somewhere I read that the police know the food/bag was bought by Faith (at Time-out), raising the question of could SHE have written on it before it later showed up in the crime scene?

3) Also, am not clear, is it possible that the 911 call from the apt., as publicly released, is the entire call, or do we know for sure that the call has been redacted (which would make it that much harder to assess)?

4) Finally, Skigirl at #376 you mention a lookalike for the 20/20 show composite… are you willing to give initials of the individual?… when I originally went through Faith’s SM I found 4-5 possible matches to the composite (1 in particular), so curious if yours is one of mine?

1. I have found the unredacted version of the documents which I researched and found the different people's names and such
2. I believe she could have written it after they got home from TimeOut. Timeout is about a two minute walk from Thrill and is open 24/7.
3. It is the entire call as transcribed. The 911 call was 8 min. I read aloud the 911 call verbatim and it was about 8min.
4. HC is extremely close to the photo as well as MR brother, ER.

Could Faith be the one who left early claiming to feel sick? So she could go home with the mystery guy? KR called looking for rides because she was left at the club? She then got a ride to her friends house where she crashed until morning? In the 911 calls she kept stating someone must've been in there and she seemed confused. So it makes sense if she assumed Faith had went home to bed because she was sick. She also said there were things in her room that shouldn't be and that Faith wasnt like that...the report says "weed" was seized from the room. So that could be a key factor

KR wouldn't have been left at the Thrill. There's footage of her and Faith leaving together if my memory serves me correctly.

Here is a resemblance of the killer based on DNA:
IMG_0682.jpg

Here is a photo of a remembrance of Faith. I noticed a face that was so strikingly close to the DNA profile that I actually sent it to LE in Chapel Hill, but I never got a response back. Anyone else see the resemblance?

IMG_0684.jpg

Police said they received 100s of new tips from all over the country following that 20/20 broadcast, no doubt most based on that DNA profile image. I sure hope we don't have to wait until yet another Sept. to roll around before law enforcement updates what, if anything, those tips have led to. It seems to me that looking for a Latino leads in a different direction than the direction had been heading for years, and we need to know if that's the right direction.

What do you guys think of the "profile" the FBI came up with?
Seems too general to me...maybe they are leaving certain things out.
From 20/20 interview...when shown the photo, MR, says "that doesn't look like anyone i know" which is weird cause she is latina...the picture is a very generic photo of a latino man...I'm sure she knows a few...to say looks like nobody she knows...i call bs.

Anasgvti hia Equa Adanvdo Watsi Gawohilvdodi Nihi Ale Nihi Hilvsgi iyadanelv
( May the Great Spirit watch over her family ). :(

I have tried to find a copy of the autopsy report in this case...does anyone know where it can be found?

I have tried to find a copy of the autopsy report in this case...does anyone know where it can be found?

I don't recall it being on the Web anywhere(?), but someone correct me if need be... I assume it is still available from the Medical Examiner Office that can be reached at 919-743-9012 (they email out a copy).

I don't recall it being on the Web anywhere(?), but someone correct me if need be... I assume it is still available from the Medical Examiner Office that can be reached at 919-743-9012 (they email out a copy).

I tried back in November to obtain a copy of it. The ME office told me it was only available to family since it is an on going investigation.

Thats usually the case. On a case in Chicago I was researching, the ME office allowed people to view the autopsy report in the presence of a staff member, no cameras or recording devices allowed. The cost to purchase autopsy report was $5 per sheet...of a 250 page autopsy.

Thats usually the case. On a case in Chicago I was researching, the ME office allowed people to view the autopsy report in the presence of a staff member, no cameras or recording devices allowed. The cost to purchase autopsy report was $5 per sheet...of a 250 page autopsy.

well, this is all odd... I got a copy of the Hedgepeth autopsy** easily through email (and at no cost) a couple yrs. back when the police did their big data-dump and LOTS of people, especially the press, were asking to see the autopsy. So, now, almost 5 yrs. out from the crime, has the policy changed, or is this case special, or are they using an excuse to no longer give it out (perhaps because it isn't a very informative document)?

** what I have, is called "Report of Investigation By Medical Examiner" (~ 4 pgs.) -- am now wondering if there's a chance this is just some brief summary report and not the full "autopsy," but is what was sent out when people made such requests?

All I see out here is about 118 pgs. of the original of over 230 pgs. and the autopsy is not among them.
You have the autopsy report.

My questions if you have time to check the report::

Are the wounds equally distributed on each side of the body?
Does the report state whether there was sexual activity?
What is the location of the semen found on the body?

How do they describe the bruising on the arms and legs?

All I see out here is about 118 pgs. of the original of over 230 pgs. and the autopsy is not among them.
You have the autopsy report.

My questions if you have time to check the report::

Are the wounds equally distributed on each side of the body?
Does the report state whether there was sexual activity?
What is the location of the semen found on the body?

How do they describe the bruising on the arms and legs?

I’ve always said the “autopsy” report that I was sent is bizarre in what it LEAVES OUT:

1) No estimated time of death
2) talks ONLY of the massive head trauma (as cause of death) — NO mention of any other wounds/bruising/injury to rest of body (despite what was reported in press — AND says there were “no obvious signs of a struggle.”
3) NO mention of sexual activity nor semen.

There is also a toxicology report reporting a small amount of alcohol in Faith’s system (interesting only because she was reported to have not drank alcohol at the Thrill, though certainly possibly she snuck a couple sips, or else had at the crime scene).

In short, it adds very little useful information; perhaps it’s been heavily redacted or there is a fuller autopsy never made available to the public???

Well thanks for checking..
It does sound pretty sparse.

On to another element of the case...the note

Hedgepeth note.jpeg

In looking at the note I see two things.
1) The words "stupid and *****" appear to be written in another hand.
Both words are larger, the script is slightly different, the pressure is heavier and there is a slight backhand element to the words.
The "s" is different in "stupid" and "jealous" as well.
Whereas the other words "I'm not jealous" lean to the right and are relatively uniform in size and angle.

Could there have been two perps?
Possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members