NC NC - Faith Hedgepeth, 19, UNC student, Chapel Hill, 7 Sept 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction: 4 phone calls were made from Rosario's phone to Edwards' phone on September 7, 2012: 3:44AM, 3:52AM, 3:55AM, and 4:15AM

4:27 AM Per phone records Rosario leaves the apartment...unlocked

Texts from Faith's phone to Edwards' phone on September 7, 2012 were at 3:40AM followed by one at 3:43AM, correcting a mistake in the first text sent at 3:40AM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ill continue looking for the timeline from abc news i was referring to which states Rosario placed a call to Brandon at 3:40am the same time it said that Faith was texting him.

She could have confronted Faith and found out why Brandon wasn't taking her call and Faith was texting him, then in a fit of rage kills her with the bottle. If it was pre-planned the murderer would have arrived with a weapon and not resorted to a bottle belonging to their home. Then in panic she calls the soccer player who picks her up at 4:25am so she can leave the scene of the crime, returning at 11am with a friend and acting shocked. It just seems so obvious that I must be missing some info.

Anyone know if Rosario had been drinking, especially considering an empty rum bottle was used? I would think only Jordan knows the answer to that considering it would have left her system by 11am. Also does anyone know why Jordan didn't drop her back off and she had to call another friend? Did he know and wanted to stay away?

The phone calls and texts I gave in last post came from police records.
Yes, Karena had been drinking. Karena says she left the club, The Thrill, the early hours of September 7, 2012, because she, Karena, felt ill from drinking. ME investigation report states "the decedent and her roommate (Karena) were out drinking on the night of 9/7/12" It has now been confirmed the girls were at The Thrill in Chapel Hill, NC. Faith's toxicology report states "blood revealed 0.02% of ethanol"

The rum bottle...I have considered that they may have kept empty bottles of alcohol as a decoration. I know many young adults keeping the bottles after they are empty...JMO...From narrative summary of circumstances surrounding death from ME: "A bottle that was supposed to be in the kitchen was found in the bedroom and had tissue fragments and blood on it"

Correction: 4 phone calls were made from Rosario's phone to Edwards' phone on September 7, 2012: 3:44AM, 3:52AM, 3:55AM, and 4:15AM

4:27 AM Per phone records Rosario leaves the apartment...unlocked

Texts from Faith's phone to Edwards' phone on September 7, 2012 were at 3:40AM followed by one at 3:43AM, correcting a mistake in the first text sent at 3:40AM.

Ok thanks so it must be the 3:43am text from Faith / 3:44am unanswered call by Rosario both to Edwards the timeline summarized as "at the same time". They're both awake in a small apartment after clubbing. It's likely Rosario was aware of who Faith was texting, got enraged and in a few minutes killed her, cleaned up herself and called for her ride. I don't see how anyone else comes over after 4am with a motive that makes more sense.

For so long now MANY folks have pointed the finger at Rosario, yet the police have interviewed her extensively and not charged her. Semen/male-DNA IS at the murder scene and points to a Latino male perp, so how do those with the Rosario-scenario exactly explain her involvement? Was she present/active at the crime, did she contract/ask/urge male friends to do this, or does she simply have knowledge of what happened, without participating, but isn’t telling?

For so long now MANY folks have pointed the finger at Rosario, yet the police have interviewed her extensively and not charged her. Semen/male-DNA IS at the murder scene and points to a Latino male perp, so how do those with the Rosario-scenario exactly explain her involvement? Was she present/active at the crime, did she contract/ask/urge male friends to do this, or does she simply have knowledge of what happened, without participating, but isn’t telling?

Have they ruled out that she might have had relations with the man at the nightclub? Or even some time the prior day? Do they know for sure the semen is timed from those early hours in question? Semen can survive up to 5 days inside a woman but I don't know the details such as where it was found.

When did they get the food/ the bag that the note was written on? And did the two girls leave the club by themselves? If so, how long before the next group of guys they were hanging out with at the club leave? Were any of the club guys Latino?
TIA

When did they get the food/ the bag that the note was written on? And did the two girls leave the club by themselves? If so, how long before the next group of guys they were hanging out with at the club leave? Were any of the club guys Latino?
TIA

IIRC:
1. TimeOut restaurant is where the biscuit bag came from I believe they went there after the club I cannot verify this for sure
2. At 2:06AM The Thrill's surveillance video shows KR walk out of the club followed by Faith just a few seconds after. It has been said the girls left the club together in Faith's car...not sure if this has been verified by surveillance video or not. It was to my understanding that police didn't ask for surveillance video from the tow yard that had a camera where the girls were parked until 18 months after 9/7/12
3. The group of guys, the law students?, arrived and left in two separate cars. One car back to Durham and one car back to Raleigh ( this man drove himself in his car back home to Raleigh) after being at The Thrill.
4. No men in the group of guys referenced above are Latino.

None of the men listed as persons of interest have been Latino.

IIRC:
1. TimeOut restaurant is where the biscuit bag came from I believe they went there after the club I cannot verify this for sure
2. At 2:06AM The Thrill's surveillance video shows KR walk out of the club followed by Faith just a few seconds after. It has been said the girls left the club together in Faith's car...not sure if this has been verified by surveillance video or not. It was to my understanding that police didn't ask for surveillance video from the tow yard that had a camera where the girls were parked until 18 months after 9/7/12
3. The group of guys, the law students?, arrived and left in two separate cars. One car back to Durham and one car back to Raleigh ( this man drove himself in his car back home to Raleigh) after being at The Thrill.
4. No men in the group of guys referenced above are Latino.

None of the men listed as persons of interest have been Latino.

My memory is that the bag actually came from a stop at Time-Out that Faith alone made either much earlier in the day or even 24 hrs. earlier (and not the night of the Thrill visit). For whatever reason it was still laying around the apt. and not tossed out, at least as I recall reading somewhere?

The rum bottle...I have considered that they may have kept empty bottles of alcohol as a decoration. I know many young adults keeping the bottles after they are empty...JMO...From narrative summary of circumstances surrounding death from ME: "A bottle that was supposed to be in the kitchen was found in the bedroom and had tissue fragments and blood on it"

I have several on my Counter I have kept, either because of how they are decorated or their unusual shape. I'm 41.

I have several on my Counter I have kept, either because of how they are decorated or their unusual shape. I'm 41.

The autopsy DID indicate a small amount of alcohol in Faith's system, and supposedly she didn't drink at the Thrill (she was driving & I think had a test the next day?); always possible she sipped from someone else's drink, but was too young to order for herself. Thus, I've always presumed the alcohol in her did come from the rum bottle, which if it was kept in the kitchen was less likely (though still possible) for decorative purposes. Don't know if she drank voluntarily or under coercion though.

The autopsy DID indicate a small amount of alcohol in Faith's system, and supposedly she didn't drink at the Thrill (she was driving & I think had a test the next day?); always possible she sipped from someone else's drink, but was too young to order for herself. Thus, I've always presumed the alcohol in her did come from the rum bottle, which if it was kept in the kitchen was less likely (though still possible) for decorative purposes. Don't know if she drank voluntarily or under coercion though.

This article states that Rosario had a stomach ache at the nightclub for having drunk too much so it's likely Faith had been drinking too if her autopsy showed alcohol. It's easy to get drinks if underage they just ask someone of legal age to buy for them.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/karen...ate-suspect-facebook-911-twitter-murder-2020/

The article also states that Rosario repeatedly refused investigators request for an interview which is highly suspicious in my opinion. And her buddy Jones responded to a request by posting on Facebook that they should contact his attorney. Again that spells guilt in my opinion. I'm shocked they have gotten away with murder. Considering Jones has a successful soccer career he likely has a lot of people pushing LE to leave him alone I think. Sad for Faith and her family not to get justice.

Considering Rosario was up late studying for a test the next day then goes to the club to unwind why would she then go out at 4:25am and stay out til 11am? Because she had murdered her roommate she was jealous of in my opinion. Then refuses multiple requests by LE for an interview. So shocking she and Jones are walking free in my opinion. How has this turned into a cold case with all this circumstantial evidence? Imo LE don't want to arrest them.

For whatever reason, my mind is stuck on the note- it seems like it could be leftover "silent" fight between Faith and her roommate. Like one girl wrote the first part (insinuating she's not stupid, she knows what the other is up to- as in jealousy- I know you're hitting on SO and so...) and the other parts are either a response or back and forth. I could see 2 girls fighting like this around someone they don't want to know they are fighting over them- like if he was in the car or same room as them at the time.
I also sense the roommate wanted to leave the club because she was mad at Faith because of jealousy. After leaving, roommate is outside surrounded by males while Faith waits on a bench. It just seems so much like arguments I've seen so often where the jealous girl bullies the one she's jealous of to get her to step away from the attention of males, leaving her feeling frustrated and confused.
I think the last texts Faith made were possibly to prove to roommate that she's helping HER get the guy, to prove Faith isn't trying to get him for herself.
This are some of my gut feelings from reading every post, I hope it makes sense! I think a very jealous female went into a rage, took one or two swings with the bottle which rendered Faith immobile, then found someone with legal know- how to help stage the scene.
My opinion only!

ETA: I think the jealous female left the note there because she had been steaming over this argument and did it to have the "last word"

This article states that Rosario had a stomach ache at the nightclub for having drunk too much so it's likely Faith had been drinking too if her autopsy showed alcohol. It's easy to get drinks if underage they just ask someone of legal age to buy for them.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/karen...ate-suspect-facebook-911-twitter-murder-2020/

The article also states that Rosario repeatedly refused investigators request for an interview which is highly suspicious in my opinion. And her buddy Jones responded to a request by posting on Facebook that they should contact his attorney. Again that spells guilt in my opinion. I'm shocked they have gotten away with murder. Considering Jones has a successful soccer career he likely has a lot of people pushing LE to leave him alone I think. Sad for Faith and her family not to get justice.

Considering Rosario was up late studying for a test the next day then goes to the club to unwind why would she then go out at 4:25am and stay out til 11am? Because she had murdered her roommate she was jealous of in my opinion. Then refuses multiple requests by LE for an interview. So shocking she and Jones are walking free in my opinion. How has this turned into a cold case with all this circumstantial evidence? Imo LE don't want to arrest them.

Jordan McCrary is the soccer player
Eriq Takoy Jones was Rosario's ex boyfriend

For whatever reason, my mind is stuck on the note- it seems like it could be leftover "silent" fight between Faith and her roommate. Like one girl wrote the first part (insinuating she's not stupid, she knows what the other is up to- as in jealousy- I know you're hitting on SO and so...) and the other parts are either a response or back and forth. I could see 2 girls fighting like this around someone they don't want to know they are fighting over them- like if he was in the car or same room as them at the time.
I also sense the roommate wanted to leave the club because she was mad at Faith because of jealousy. After leaving, roommate is outside surrounded by males while Faith waits on a bench. It just seems so much like arguments I've seen so often where the jealous girl bullies the one she's jealous of to get her to step away from the attention of males, leaving her feeling frustrated and confused.
I think the last texts Faith made were possibly to prove to roommate that she's helping HER get the guy, to prove Faith isn't trying to get him for herself.
This are some of my gut feelings from reading every post, I hope it makes sense! I think a very jealous female went into a rage, took one or two swings with the bottle which rendered Faith immobile, then found someone with legal know- how to help stage the scene.
My opinion only!

ETA: I think the jealous female left the note there because she had been steaming over this argument and did it to have the "last word"

I agree about a jealous female being in the mix. I have also wondered if the note was written as a "silent" fight, forgotten about, and then used for convenience after the crime...There are definitely many folks surrounding this case with legal knowledge.

I think it's a given a girl wrote the note. I just don't get how she's getting away with it :/

I think it's a given a girl wrote the note. I just don't get how she's getting away with it :/
I recommend reading back at the very beginning of the thread on Faith.. hopefully most links still work as the links and posts back then answer a lot...for instance we know Faith was texting him on behalf of K..at same time, asking him to pick up K's calls...K knew that...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This is precisely what I have been thinking, and if you look at my previous posts, I give a number of reasons why I think Karena Rosario should be the main suspect.

As you say, that the weapon was the rum bottle means it was completely unpremeditated and spontaneous and likely the result of anger or rage.

The brutality of the crime also points to both anger and rage, and it suggests that the killer and victim knew one another.

Further, Rosario was the last person to see Faith alive and the odds that someone else entered that apartment between 4:30am and 11:00am are slim to none.

And I agree with you that Rosario's rage could have been brought on by some misunderstanding about a man in their lives, by jealousy, by some sense that Faith had betrayed her, etc.

Another key point is the issue of how the killer would've gained entry to the apartment in the first place. Rosario apparently told police she left the door unlocked when she left at 4:30am. However, this makes no sense. One, she would have had no reason to leave the door unlocked. Two, if she did somehow leave it unlocked, it would have been by accident and she wouldn't "remember" leaving it unlocked. The only reason, IMO, that she would have told police that she left the door unlocked is to give them the idea that someone may have entered the apartment after she left.

The questions I have about this case at the moment are:
1. why haven't they been able to get fingerprints from the bottle? were they wiped?
2. whose blood was found beneath Faith's fingernails?
3. could the semen found in Faith have been from a day or two prior?
4. why was there a used tampon near Faith's body?

I hadn't heard about the tampon but it would seem it was removed from her to rape her? or she took it out and was too drunk tired and lazy to put it in a waste basket at 3am. And I too don't believe she left the door unlocked.

I'm not sure that everything in the heavy.com article referred to a page or two back is correct. IIRC, it has been stated by LE that KR did cooperate with police, i.e., it's not true that she refused to be interviewed by them. The female detective on the case stated that she has been interviewed at least 10 times.

I believe she has knowledge about Faith's murder but just want to clarify the above issue. I'm also unsure that Karena said she felt "sick from drinking." It was reported that she had felt ill, but I don't recall a source saying it was from drinking (not that I doubt that it was).

There are some other inconsistencies in that article as well.

I hadn't heard about the tampon but it would seem it was removed from her to rape her? or she took it out and was too drunk tired and lazy to put it in a waste basket at 3am. And I too don't believe she left the door unlocked.

I don't know what to make of "a used tampon lying near the body" with Faith's toxicology report stating only .02% of alcohol in her body I really find it hard to imagine taking a used tampon out and leaving it in the same bed I was sleeping in...I could see it being removed hastily if a sexual assault was occurring. I've also thought it could have been done to embarrass Faith after the fact. I don't know what to make of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member