NC NC - Faith Hedgepeth, 19, UNC student, Chapel Hill, 7 Sept 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure that everything in the heavy.com article referred to a page or two back is correct. IIRC, it has been stated by LE that KR did cooperate with police, i.e., it's not true that she refused to be interviewed by them. The female detective on the case stated that she has been interviewed at least 10 times.

I believe she has knowledge about Faith's murder but just want to clarify the above issue. I'm also unsure that Karena said she felt "sick from drinking." It was reported that she had felt ill, but I don't recall a source saying it was from drinking (not that I doubt that it was).

There are some other inconsistencies in that article as well.

I think I decided in my mind she felt "sick from drinking" since she was at Thrill and had been drinking. I realize that that may not be the case at all.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/murdered-unc-students-final-moments-police-happened-faith/story?id=42281581

Sept. 7, 2012: 2:06 a.m.

Video captured Rosario leaving Thrill followed by Hedgepeth at 2:06 a.m.

“[Rosario] did indicate that she wasn’t feeling well when she left the club,” said Lehew.

You are totally right about there not being an actual source to site drinking was the reason for her feeling ill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I decided in my mind she felt "sick from drinking" since she was at Thrill and had been drinking. I realize that that may not be the case at all.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/murdered-unc-students-final-moments-police-happened-faith/story?id=42281581

Sept. 7, 2012: 2:06 a.m.

Video captured Rosario leaving Thrill followed by Hedgepeth at 2:06 a.m.

“[Rosario] did indicate that she wasn’t feeling well when she left the club,” said Lehew.

You are totally right about there not being an actual source to site drinking was the reason for her feeling ill.

Agree there is no definitive statement of KR feeling sick from drinking or not. JMO, when I was younger I used to feign illness a lot as an easy excuse for myself and my bf to leave. We went on double dates a lot with another pair, and I had kind of a love/hate mentality toward them. If one of them said something that rubbed me the wrong way or they were getting too wild for me I would suddenly have a stomach ache... so I've kept this in mind as a possibility with KR also.

The house Rosario goes to after being picked up by Jordan McCrary in Chapel Hill is the same residence that Jacob Beatley lived at as well. I looked at the address and the house on a house listing site...it has 6 bedrooms. I have wondered about the others living at the residence and hope they have been interviewed...to make sure it is indeed where Rosario went and stayed the night (early morning) Beatley's cellphone number came up in a cellphone dump of the area near the apartment the girls (Faith and Rosario) were living at. I don't know the exact perimeters of the cellphone dump. The call from Beatley's phone came in at 4:15AM and involved an incident report...I wonder what the incident report was from...just thinking out loud.

More on this is located on page 109:

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1283962-hedgepeth-case-files.html

I just have a feeling LE doesn't want to convict - young successful guys with big lawyers, the soccer player has a big career now...they're turning a blind eye imo I could be wrong of course.

I also just read a message board about Faith having dialed a number and her murder by 2 men and 1 woman recorded on a voicemail (I read this after my comment above) and it says they wonder why LE isn't doing more with this or convicting anyone. I won't post the link in case it's not allowed. This might already have been discussed as the post is over a year old, so I apologize if repeating. I'm relatively new to this story and just surprised it's not resolved.

I think I can post this link to the message/video:
https://crimewatchdaily.com/videos/0-20tp7qmk/

The house Rosario goes to after being picked up by Jordan McCrary in Chapel Hill is the same residence that Jacob Beatley lived at as well. I looked at the address and the house on a house listing site...it has 6 bedrooms. I have wondered about the others living at the residence and hope they have been interviewed...to make sure it is indeed where Rosario went and stayed the night (early morning) Beatley's cellphone number came up in a cellphone dump of the area near the apartment the girls (Faith and Rosario) were living at. I don't know the exact perimeters of the cellphone dump. The call from Beatley's phone came in at 4:15AM and involved an incident report...I wonder what the incident report was from...just thinking out loud.

More on this is located on page 109:

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1283962-hedgepeth-case-files.html

Well isn't that just interesting. Jacob, Jordan and Rosario sound like 3 peas in a pod in this crime. But the analyst clearly hears the name "Eric" as one of the 2 men who committed the crime in the link I post above (plus Rosie). Anyone know who Eric is?

IMO, all anyone has to do is listen to the 911 call and it's rather obvious who is hip deep in this murder. Travesty that Faith hasn't had any justice.

IMO, all anyone has to do is listen to the 911 call and it's rather obvious who is hip deep in this murder. Travesty that Faith hasn't had any justice.
Yikes just listened to the 911 call for the first time. Can it get any more obvious? sheesh...

Well isn't that just interesting. Jacob, Jordan and Rosario sound like 3 peas in a pod in this crime. But the analyst clearly hears the name "Eric" as one of the 2 men who committed the crime in the link I post above (plus Rosie). Anyone know who Eric is?

Eriq "Takoy" Jones is Rosario's ex boyfriend. He also is/was an amateur rapper. He shared the apartment,that Faith's body was discovered in, with Rosario a few months before the murder. In July of 2012 a restraining order was put out on Jones because of a couple of incidents regarding domestic violence. Faith actually took Rosario to the court house to apply for the restraining order. It has been said that Jones felt like Faith was a barrier between himself and Rosario. Jones moved into another apartment, with a family member, in the same complex as his apartment with Rosario. Faith had only stayed with Rosario under a temporary basis. Faith was there only a few weeks. Faith was waiting for her financial aid to come in and planned to move out once the financial aid came through. The living situation between the girls was temporary. After all, the apartment is a one bedroom apartment.

Not sure if you have looked at Gaspo's blog. I recommend checking it out. I think it's gaspo.com

I just have a feeling LE doesn't want to convict - young successful guys with big lawyers, the soccer player has a big career now...they're turning a blind eye imo I could be wrong of course.

I also just read a message board about Faith having dialed a number and her murder by 2 men and 1 woman recorded on a voicemail (I read this after my comment above) and it says they wonder why LE isn't doing more with this or convicting anyone. I won't post the link in case it's not allowed. This might already have been discussed as the post is over a year old, so I apologize if repeating. I'm relatively new to this story and just surprised it's not resolved.

This is the 20/20 program discussing Faith's murder.

https://youtu.be/Up5AT7nbL94

I disagree that LE doesn't want to convict. This is a huge black eye for them. IMO, they have strong indications of who is involved in this murder, but not enough evidence to convict. After all, they only get one chance...double jeopardy and all that. Watch the 20/20 linked above. The detective's words are quite telling.

I'm not sure I buy into the phenotyping profile, or their assumptions that the DNA on the pen and paper bag belong to the killer. There could be DNA found there from other than the murderer. But I'd love to be a fly on the wall to hear their theory of who all is involved and who did what.

It has occurred to me that KR may well know what happened but is afraid to speak out. But her 911 call is so hinky, she may have been the instigator.

rsbm. I looked back several pages and the only posts I see regarding the "enhanced" voicemail message are #573 and #575. I think there has been little discussion because there's little substance in the audio. People who have probably listened to it a thousand times think they can make out words like "help me" and "she's dying". The investigators believe the call was made at a time when Faith was at Thrill and still alive. That's what I think too. JMO.

Beatley's cellphone number came up in a cellphone dump of the area near the apartment the girls (Faith and Rosario) were living at. I don't know the exact perimeters of the cellphone dump. The call from Beatley's phone came in at 4:15AM and involved an incident report...I wonder what the incident report was from...just thinking out loud.

rsbm. My understanding after reading the redacted documents several times was: they did a cell tower dump from the tower(s) nearest the apartment of KR/FH. that dump is basically a list of phone numbers and times when each one connected to the tower. they attempted to look up some or all of the phone numbers in one of their systems. When they searched for phone number X, it pulled up a police report that contained X. That incident report was from something involving JB in Ohio. iirc there was a fair amount of detail about the nature of this incident in the redacted documents.

rsbm. My understanding after reading the redacted documents several times was: they did a cell tower dump from the tower(s) nearest the apartment of KR/FH. that dump is basically a list of phone numbers and times when each one connected to the tower. they attempted to look up some or all of the phone numbers in one of their systems. When they searched for phone number X, it pulled up a police report that contained X. That incident report was from something involving JB in Ohio. iirc there was a fair amount of detail about the nature of this incident in the redacted documents.

Gotcha! I wasn't sure if it was saying JB's call at 4:15 AM on 9/7/12 was the actual timing of the incident report.

I have another thought about what might have happened that night and why Karena Rosario should be the main suspect.

This is important, I think.

I was just reading through old posts on this case, and I came across something that Brandon Edwards wrote in memory of Faith on the two year anniversary of her death. He wrote these words into an Instagram post which features a photograph of his arm, where he now has a tattoo of Faith's initials: "F.D.H". Both the tattoo and the language in his post suggest that there were very strong feelings between Brandon and Faith, and I think this might be the key to understanding why Faith was killed, or to be more precise, why Karena Rosario killed Faith.

In his Instagram post, Brandon begins with the following: "Today will forever be remembered as the day I lost you." Notice that he says "the day I lost you" rather than "the day WE lost you". That's important. Ordinarily, a friend of the deceased would use "we" here, i.e., "the day WE lost you". A boyfriend or a husband might say "I," but those are uniquely one-to-one relationships; a friend would more likely say "we". Yet Brandon says: "the day I lost you".

Then he writes: "I remember your face lighting up when you saw me walk into the bar. I remember you asking me how I had been. I remember us laughing about old times." Now there are a couple of important things about this: one, Brandon saw Faith and Karena that night at Thrill, just hours before Faith was killed; two, if Brandon saw how Faith's face "lit up" when he walked into the bar, so too might have Karena, and this would not have made her happy at all. Indeed, if Karena then saw Faith and Brandon smiling and "laughing" together, she could have become jealous, suspicious, even angry. (Remember that Brandon is the guy Karena liked most.) This might also explain why Karena wanted to leave the bar early: Faith and Brandon seemed to be enjoying one another's company too much, seemed a bit TOO friendly; Karena got upset and invented a reason they needed to leave.

So they went home.

Back in the apartment, Karena would have been quiet, moody, stewing in her suspicion, anger and jealousy, but Faith would probably have had no idea what was going on in Karena's mind. But what would have caused Karena to fly into a murderous rage? After all, not only was Faith her closest friend, Faith later sent texts to Brandon, asking him to come over to see Karena and demonstrate that he cared about her. Surely this showed Karena that Faith herself wasn't interested in Brandon and that Faith was being a good and loyal friend.

Except that I think Karena might have seen the text that Faith sent to Brandon and interpreted it in an entirely different way from how we interpret it. Recall what Faith texted to Brandon (I'll use the corrected version for simplicity's sake): "Hey b. Can you come over here please. Karena needs you more than you know. Please let her know you care." Now, to all of us this reads like a friend trying to help a friend. But what if in her suspiciousness and jealousy, Karena read it differently and saw Faith's text as a subtle way of sending Brandon a secret message, that secret message being not "Karena needs you more than you know. Please let her know you care" but "I need you more than you know. Please let me know you care."

That may sound like a stretch, but remember that the jealous, angry, suspicious mind does not work the same way that the normal, calm, rational mind does. This theory might also somewhat explain the note on the bag: "I'm not stupid" is Karena telling Faith that she saw through Faith's little game, i.e., her attempt to send a secret message to Brandon.

I also have one last thought about the word "jealous" on the bag. I'll admit that the note confuses me a bit, as I don't really understand why someone would write a note on a bag, and I also don't understand why the killer would place it on top of Faith afterward. Regardless, one way the word "jealous" could've ended up on the bag is if in their post-Thrill conversation, Karena had told Faith she saw Faith smiling and laughing with Brandon and that she didn't like it. Maybe Faith said something like, "Karena, don't be stupid; you're just being jealous for no reason." There we have both the word "stupid" and the word "jealous," and it could be that Karena was giving these words back to Faith in her anger and rage after she brutally beat her with the rum bottle.

While it may be somewhat hard to believe, jealousy is a very powerful negative emotion and it has driven many people to murder; for me, the above is the most plausible explanation for Faith's murder at the moment.

Interesting thoughts; I don't think I knew that about Brandon's post on Instagram, or if I ever did, it's before I was as familiar with the evidence in this case. It's especially interesting since he responded to the text that she sent that night with "who is this?". If they really had that close a relationship, wouldn't he have known her number and had it in his phone's contacts, and therefore, why would he have wondered who was texting him?

Some of what's in your post are either things I didn't know, forgot, or aren't quite accurate. Can you please provide links to:

- articles that say that Brandon was at The Thrill that night
- articles saying that the note was placed on Faith's body

Thanks!

I have another thought about what might have happened that night and why Karena Rosario should be the main suspect.

I was just reading through old posts on this case, and I came across something that Brandon Edwards wrote in memory of Faith on the two year anniversary of her death. He wrote these words into an Instagram post which features a photograph of his arm, where he now has a tattoo of Faith's initials: "F.D.H". Both the tattoo and the language in his post suggest that there were very strong feelings between Brandon and Faith, and I think this might be the key to understanding why Faith was killed, or to be more precise, why Karena Rosario killed Faith.

In his Instagram post, Brandon begins with the following: "Today will forever be remembered as the day I lost you." Notice that he says "the day I lost you" rather than "the day WE lost you". That's important. Ordinarily, a friend of the deceased would use "we" here, i.e., "the day WE lost you". A boyfriend or a husband might say "I," but those are uniquely one-to-one relationships; a friend would more likely say "we". Yet Brandon says: "the day I lost you".

Then he writes: "I remember your face lighting up when you saw me walk into the bar. I remember you asking me how I had been. I remember us laughing about old times." Now there are a couple of important things about this: one, Brandon saw Faith and Karena that night at Thrill, just hours before Faith was killed; two, if Brandon saw how Faith's face "lit up" when he walked into the bar, so too might have Karena, and this would not have made her happy at all. Indeed, if Karena then saw Faith and Brandon smiling and "laughing" together, she could have become jealous, suspicious, even angry. (Remember that Brandon is the guy Karena liked most.) This might also explain why Karena wanted to leave the bar early: Faith and Brandon seemed to be enjoying one another's company too much, seemed a bit TOO friendly; Karena got upset and invented a reason they needed to leave.

So they went home.

Back in the apartment, Karena would have been quiet, moody, stewing in her suspicion, anger and jealousy, but Faith would probably have had no idea what was going on in Karena's mind. But what would have caused Karena to fly into a murderous rage? After all, not only was Faith her closest friend, Faith later sent texts to Brandon, asking him to come over to see Karena and demonstrate that he cared about her. Surely this showed Karena that Faith herself wasn't interested in Brandon and that Faith was being a good and loyal friend.

Except that I think Karena might have seen the text that Faith sent to Brandon and interpreted it in an entirely different way from how we interpret it. Recall what Faith texted to Brandon (I'll use the corrected version for simplicity's sake): "Hey b. Can you come over here please. Karena needs you more than you know. Please let her know you care." Now, to all of us this reads like a friend trying to help a friend. But what if in her suspiciousness and jealousy, Karena read it differently and saw Faith's text as a subtle way of sending Brandon a secret message, that secret message being not "Karena needs you more than you know. Please let her know you care" but "I need you more than you know. Please let me know you care."

That may sound like a stretch, but remember that the jealous, angry, suspicious mind does not work the same way that the normal, calm, rational mind does. This theory might also somewhat explain the note on the bag: "I'm not stupid" is Karena telling Faith that she saw through Faith's little game, i.e., her attempt to send a secret message to Brandon.

I also have one last thought about the word "jealous" on the bag. I'll admit that the note confuses me a bit, as I don't really understand why someone would write a note on a bag, and I also don't understand why the killer would place it on top of Faith afterward. Regardless, one way the word "jealous" could've ended up on the bag is if in their post-Thrill conversation, Karena had told Faith she saw Faith smiling and laughing with Brandon and that she didn't like it. Maybe Faith said something like, "Karena, don't be stupid; you're just being jealous for no reason." There we have both the word "stupid" and the word "jealous," and it could be that Karena was giving these words back to Faith in her anger and rage after she brutally beat her with the rum bottle.

While it may be somewhat hard to believe, jealousy is a very powerful negative emotion and it has driven many people to murder; for me, the above is the most plausible explanation for Faith's murder at the moment.

Interesting thoughts; I don't think I knew that about Brandon's post on Instagram, or if I ever did, it's before I was as familiar with the evidence in this case. It's especially interesting since he responded to the text that she sent that night with "who is this?". If they really had that close a relationship, wouldn't he have known her number and had it in his phone's contacts, and therefore, why would he have wondered who was texting him?

Some of what's in your post are either things I didn't know, forgot, or aren't quite accurate. Can you please provide links to:

Thanks!
BE's response "who is this" occurred around 4pm the following afternoon. Not sure if Faith's texts were delayed in sending or what. But by the time of his reply he would likely have already known Faith had been murdered. So "who is this" could be asking who has Faith's phone, thinking her murderer was using it. JMO

So they went home.

I actually wrote a short story based on some of the facts on the case and it went a lot like your thoughts above! I also found it interesting that Brandon slept over at the apartment the girls shared the night prior to Faith's murder, was also in Thrill on the night of Faith's murder, and IMO seems to distance himself from Karena in his tattoo memorandum..."be there for YOUR friend," when it has been stated by those who knew both Faith and KR that "likened Brandon as a big brother figure to the girls"

I also have wondered if Brandon was staying the night over at someone else's apartment, close to the girls, on the night of the murder because in "Faith's text" to Brandon it states "can you please come over here?" It was late at night and I couldn't imagine asking someone to just come over after 3:30AM who didn't live pretty close by and perhaps after a night involving drinking...maybe he was even within walking distance. JMO.

Thanks!

I posted a link a few threads back that may help...documentcloud link to redacted case files...on a search warrant for Brandon's vehicle it states in the SE application about Brandon having contact with the girls September 6, 2012 into the early hours of September 7, 2012 at Thrill. Also throughout the documents it has been stated the note was found in the bed next to Faith's body.

I hesitate to link to this because I find the "buttdial" voicemail so difficult/impossible to interpret, but just to add more embers to the fire here's another person's recent interpretation (plus a lot of comments); perhaps someone will find it useful?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Unresolved...solved_murder_i_tried_my_hand_at_deciphering/

Thank you for sharing! Validates my thoughts on also hearing 3 different females voices. From the first time it was released I believed I heard a total of 3 female voices. Wow...JMO

ETA: I know this is just an interpretation of what someone else heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members