NC NC - Faith Hedgepeth, 19, UNC student, Chapel Hill, 7 Sept 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... I've now been watching segments of the 20/20 program and a few things struck me about the apartment photos they showed.

First of all, what a mess, stuff piled everywhere... I don't remember my college friends living like that, wow. I guess the fact that Faith was only there temporarily and had to pack and move a bunch of stuff in may explain it, but that was one cramped space for two people.

Second, the lights were on in the bathroom in the police photos. Wonder if that was on when Rosario and Rangel arrived. Would they have had some reason for turning them on? Or is it possible that the killer turned them on when cleaning himself up?

Third, it looks obvious that someone was sleeping on the couch based on the pillow that's there. You would think it would have been Faith, since she was the one staying with Rosario, and not vice-versa. What was Faith doing in the bedroom? How did they work the sleeping arrangements? Did Faith sleep in there when Karena was planning to be elsewhere for the night? Did they switch off depending on who was expecting a male caller?
[video]http://abcnews.go.com/US/friend-murdered-unc-student-describes-moment-found-body/story?id=42287084[/video]

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 7.49.02 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-02 at 8.10.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-02 at 8.09.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-02 at 8.08.06 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-06-02 at 8.07.26 AM.jpg

I'm now feeling a bit uncertain about the killer being arrested & tried & convicted. It's been too long, IMO. Do they have the suspect in their sights & are they still working on enuff evidence for a probable cause warrant, or are they in the weeds with this case & no closer than they were 2 yrs ago?

I remember being very impressed with the CHPD when they investigated the kidnapping, robbery and killing of Eve Carson. They were determined, smart and worked very hard on that case & they had the desired results. Celisa Lehew left no stone unturned, and she is in charge of this investigation. I am hoping to be reading about an arrest each day, as, I'm sure, we all are.

It's absolutely terrifying... never thought it would have been this long with still no answers.

I think the focus should be on Karena Rosario for a number of reasons.

>>> respectfully snipped by me for saving space <<<

What do others think?

I must agree, and I think that she possibly could have had an accomplice.

And another thang:

:welcome6:

to
Websleuths,

:cheer:J.M. Bee !!:cheer:

We're glad you're here!!
:party:

I must agree, and I think that she possibly could have had an accomplice.

And another thang:

:welcome6:

to
Websleuths,

:cheer:J.M. Bee !!:cheer:

We're glad you're here!!
:party:

For some reason, my gut tells me it is not Rosario. I just can't imagine a motive, for one. And also why go back in the morning instead of going straight to class? But of course I have nothing to rule her out.

That said, and seeing the pictures of the apartment that I posted along with the footage from The Thrill, I am back to wondering about the possibility that it was a mistaken identity. The two women already looked very similar... both had long brown hair, similar builds, similar skin tone. They were even dressed similarly at The Thrill. Since it seems someone slept on the couch, and since the apartment belonged to Rosario, if you were an intruder hoping to do harm to Rosario, wouldn't you seek her out in the bedroom? And if it was dark, might you think you were harming her until it was pretty much too late?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason, my gut tells me it is not Rosario. I just can't imagine a motive, for one. And also why go back in the morning instead of going straight to class? But of course I have nothing to rule her out.

That said, and seeing the pictures of the apartment that I posted along with the footage from The Thrill, I am back to wondering about the possibility that it was a mistaken identity. The two women already looked very similar... both had long brown hair, similar builds, similar skin tone. They were even dressed similarly at The Thrill. Since it seems someone slept on the couch, and since the apartment belonged to Rosario, if you were an intruder hoping to do harm to Rosario, wouldn't you seek her out in the bedroom? And if it was dark, might you think you were harming her until it was pretty much too late?

This. Agree entirely.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I agree as well.

If it was mistaken identity does anyone have any thoughts on motive? The purposefully door left unlocked per KR? Do you think she knows who did it? Do you think it is possible that a third party was hired to do harm?

For the pillow pictured on photos provided in a few posts back...BME did sleepover on the couch the Wednesday night. I also am aware the girls shared a one bedroom and Faith more than likely slept on the couch. I also wonder if KR slept over at a boyfriend's place more often and more recently...maybe Faith started to stay in the bedroom when KR wasn't there...JMO. We may never know.
&#10084;&#65039;#J4F&#10084;&#65039;

If it was mistaken identity does anyone have any thoughts on motive? The purposefully door left unlocked per KR? Do you think she knows who did it? Do you think it is possible that a third party was hired to do harm?

For the pillow pictured on photos provided in a few posts back...BME did sleepover on the couch the Wednesday night. I also am aware the girls shared a one bedroom and Faith more than likely slept on the couch. I also wonder if KR slept over at a boyfriend's place more often and more recently...maybe Faith started to stay in the bedroom when KR wasn't there...JMO. We may never know.

The issue of the unlocked door keeps coming up so I&#8217;ll reiterate I don&#8217;t think it that odd. The apt. was on a 2nd floor at the end of a long road inside a nice apt. complex &#8212; they probably felt very safe. Young people tend to feel an exaggerated sense of invincibility or invulnerability anyway, and Rosario leaving at ~4am in morning, probably figured it was just a few hrs. to daybreak. (Having said all that, I&#8217;d still like to hear Rosario&#8217;s own explanation to the police, but am guessing it was commonplace for them to leave door unlocked for a few hrs.)

The issue of the unlocked door keeps coming up so I’ll reiterate I don’t think it that odd. The apt. was on a 2nd floor at the end of a long road inside a nice apt. complex — they probably felt very safe. Young people tend to feel an exaggerated sense of invincibility or invulnerability anyway, and Rosario leaving at ~4am in morning, probably figured it was just a few hrs. to daybreak. (Having said all that, I’d still like to hear Rosario’s own explanation to the police, but am guessing it was commonplace for them to leave door unlocked for a few hrs.)

I guess I thought having a protective order against an ex boyfriend living within walking distance in the same apartment complex I'd be sure to always lock my doors. Especially since he tried to get into the apartment with force previously. IMO. I guess they could have felt safe having a protective order in place.

I guess I thought having a protective order against an ex boyfriend living within walking distance in the same apartment complex I'd be sure to always lock my doors. Especially since he tried to get into the apartment with force previously. IMO. I guess they could have felt safe having a protective order in place.

Good point I hadn't considered... makes me wonder when Karena's most recent contact (relative to crime) with ex-bf was?

Good point I hadn't considered... makes me wonder when Karena's most recent contact (relative to crime) with ex-bf was?

I wonder the same. I only know of contact between KR and her ex-bf's cousin the night at Thrill.

I think love and hate are an especially fine line and frequently blurred still in one's 20s...and I think making someone jealous by leaving for a booty call with another guy is a very common revenge/power trip among women of that age, for me regardless of whether I was in love or hate with the guy at that moment. Passions run really hot and really cold at that age, IMO and I think Faith got caught up in someone else's drama.

If not mistaken identity by perp, then payback for what KR did to someone. Makes the message on the bag seem clear enough. That just seems too depraved, though, so I take mistaken identity instead for now...

All JMOO

I think love and hate are an especially fine line and frequently blurred still in one's 20s...and I think making someone jealous by leaving for a booty call with another guy is a very common revenge/power trip among women of that age, for me regardless of whether I was in love or hate with the guy at that moment. Passions run really hot and really cold at that age, IMO and I think Faith got caught up in someone else's drama.

If not mistaken identity by perp, then payback for what KR did to someone. Makes the message on the bag seem clear enough. That just seems too depraved, though, so I take mistaken identity instead for now...

All JMOO

I agree completely.

Sorry, but even if they felt safe where they lived, they still would have locked up. They were young women living alone. If Karena Rosario told police she left the door unlocked, this is deeply, deeply suspicious, for reasons which I have already explained.

Hi I'm new to this thread so pardon me if I state what's already been stated or theorized having only read first and last page plus one news story with a timeline. My first impression was it might be a jealous or competitive classmate considering she studied biology. I've taken a science class at a big university and the competition is no joke.

Then I read about her roommate Rosario and in my opinion she seems like the prime suspect. At 3:40am after both girls return from the night club, at the same time they are trying to reach a boy named Brandon Edwards - Fath texting him and Rosario calling him but he doesn't answer her call. Does anyone know if Brandon texted back to Faith and who exactly he is?

Rosario probably figures out Faith is texting her guy, gets pissed off, calls another guy who comes and picks her up or does he murder her and Rosario is still there and writes that note on the bag that she's jealous? That note 100% sounds like it's written by a girl in my opinion. Then they leave with the door unlocked to make it look like somebody else slipped in. Then she's conveniently gone so she can have an allabi then she conveniently returns with someone else so she can discover the body with another person who can witness she wasn't present at the scene. Who leaves 4am with a girl sleeping in the place and leaves the door unlocked? None of Rosario's actions make sense. Seems like deep down she was jealous of Faith and lost it.

Hi I'm new to this thread so pardon me if I state what's already been stated or theorized having only read first and last page plus one news story with a timeline. My first impression was it might be a jealous or competitive classmate considering she studied biology. I've taken a science class at a big university and the competition is no joke.

Then I read about her roommate Rosario and in my opinion she seems like the prime suspect. At 3:40am after both girls return from the night club, at the same time they are trying to reach a boy named Brandon Edwards - Fath texting him and Rosario calling him but he doesn't answer her call. Does anyone know if Brandon texted back to Faith and who exactly he is?

Rosario probably figures out Faith is texting her guy, gets pissed off, calls another guy who comes and picks her up or does he murder her and Rosario is still there and writes that note on the bag that she's jealous? That note 100% sounds like it's written by a girl in my opinion. Then they leave with the door unlocked to make it look like somebody else slipped in. Then she's conveniently gone so she can have an allabi then she conveniently returns with someone else so she can discover the body with another person who can witness she wasn't present at the scene. Who leaves 4am with a girl sleeping in the place and leaves the door unlocked? None of Rosario's actions make sense. Seems like deep down she was jealous of Faith and lost it.

Welcome!!!
Brandon Edwards was an "exboyfriend" of Karena's. He texts Faith's phone back at 4:??PM the afternoon of September 7, 2012 with "who's this?" People have "said" Brandon was like a big brother to the girls...
The note in my opinion does sound like it was written by a female. The unlocked door also is very strange to me in my opinion. Karena had another exboyfriend living in the same apartment complex just a few buildings down from where the girls lived, walking distance, who Karena got a protective order against...be broke into the apartment they (he and Karena shared and the same one the girls were currently living at) just two months prior. It should also be noted Faith was only staying with Karena temporarily until Faith received her financial aid.

Welcome!!!
Brandon Edwards was an "exboyfriend" of Karena's. He texts Faith's phone back at 4:??PM the afternoon of September 7, 2012 with "who's this?" People have "said" Brandon was like a big brother to the girls...
The note in my opinion does sound like it was written by a female. The unlocked door also is very strange to me in my opinion. Karena had another exboyfriend living in the same apartment complex just a few buildings down from where the girls lived, walking distance, who Karena got a protective order against...be broke into the apartment they (he and Karena shared and the same one the girls were currently living at) just two months prior. It should also be noted Faith was only staying with Karena temporarily until Faith received her financial aid.

I'm trying to find the timeline it was in an abc news article. Not in the afternoon, but after they returned from the nightclub in the late/early hours I think 3:40am to be exact Faith texted Brandon and at the same time phone records show Rosario calling Brandon but he doesn't answer her phone. Then she calls the soccer player Jordan McCrary (need to Google him) who picks her up and she leaves the door unlocked. He may have come in and helped her kill her before they leave. Then at 11am she asks a friend for a ride back to the apartment. Wouldn't she have dropped her off outside but she's invited in where they discover the body together.

Until i I read something more convincing I think it's very obvious Rosario knows exactly what happened in my opinion.

I'm trying to find the timeline it was in an abc news article. Not in the afternoon, but after they returned from the nightclub in the late/early hours I think 3:40am to be exact Faith texted Brandon and at the same time phone records show Rosario calling Brandon but he doesn't answer her phone. Then she calls the soccer player Jordan McCrary (need to Google him) who picks her up and she leaves the door unlocked. He may have come in and helped her kill her before they leave. Then at 11am she asks a friend for a ride back to the apartment. Wouldn't she have dropped her off outside but she's invited in where they discover the body together.

Until i I read something more convincing I think it's very obvious Rosario knows exactly what happened in my opinion.

Yes, there were 5-6 calls in total from Rosario to Edwards starting around 3:4?AM and ending around 4:06, IIRC, on September 7, 2012...then two texts from Faith's phone to Edwards' phone a few minutes apart. The second was a spelling correction to her first text. I am not totally convinced Faith sent those texts. Jordan McCrary was the man who picked Rosario up at around 4:2? AM per cell phone records.
In my opinion Rosario definitely knows something about that night and hasn't come forth with ALL and ACCURATE information. Such as shame. Faith was a good friend to Rosario. Sadly IMO the same cannot be said of Rosario.

Correction: 4 phone calls were made from Rosario's phone to Edwards' phone on September 7, 2012: 3:44AM, 3:52AM, 3:55AM, and 4:15AM

4:27 AM Per phone records Rosario leaves the apartment...unlocked

Texts from Faith's phone to Edwards' phone on September 7, 2012 were at 3:40AM followed by one at 3:43AM, correcting a mistake in the first text sent at 3:40AM.

She could have confronted Faith and found out why Brandon wasn't taking her call and Faith was texting him, then in a fit of rage kills her with the bottle. If it was pre-planned the murderer would have arrived with a weapon and not resorted to a bottle belonging to their home. Then in panic she calls the soccer player who picks her up at 4:25am so she can leave the scene of the crime, returning at 11am with a friend and acting shocked. It just seems so obvious that I must be missing some info.

Anyone know if Rosario had been drinking, especially considering an empty rum bottle was used? I would think only Jordan knows the answer to that considering it would have left her system by 11am. Also does anyone know why Jordan didn't drop her back off and she had to call another friend? Did he know and wanted to stay away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member