NC NC - Faith Hedgepeth, 19, UNC student, Chapel Hill, 7 Sept 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back and read the 100+ pages of released (redacted) documents. What stood out to me is that there are fishy details surrounding almost everyone mentioned in those pages.

ETJ texted and tweeted about forgiving him for what he's about to do, and posted a phrase about the women who will wish him dead.

JB's phone pinged off the tower around the time KR left the apartment. And I believe he refused to give DNA although I can't recall if he was ordered to.

Another person reacted strangely to being shown FH's picture, and parts of his story relating to Thrill conflicted with others.

A Red Robin coworker was mentioned and it stated he had just been released from jail when officers were trying to locate him.

Another person drove off when he saw the detective at his door. He had scheduled a meeting with him, then refused to be interviewed.

Another person refused to give DNA willingly because he thinks he touched her that night.

At one point I got real neurotic about this case and made a spreadsheet listing out all the redactions I had figured out, timeline, SWs, etc. But I haven't looked at it lately so I'm drawing some blanks.

I did the same. I have two 3 subject notebooks filled with info. Printed out the 118 released documents. Reports. Yet, I want to know where the other documents are...they said 299 were released...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went back and read the 100+ pages of released (redacted) documents. What stood out to me is that there are fishy details surrounding almost everyone mentioned in those pages.

ETJ texted and tweeted about forgiving him for what he's about to do, and posted a phrase about the women who will wish him dead.

JB's phone pinged off the tower around the time KR left the apartment. And I believe he refused to give DNA although I can't recall if he was ordered to.

Another person reacted strangely to being shown FH's picture, and parts of his story relating to Thrill conflicted with others.

A Red Robin coworker was mentioned and it stated he had just been released from jail when officers were trying to locate him.

Another person drove off when he saw the detective at his door. He had scheduled a meeting with him, then refused to be interviewed.

Another person refused to give DNA willingly because he thinks he touched her that night.

At one point I got real neurotic about this case and made a spreadsheet listing out all the redactions I had figured out, timeline, SWs, etc. But I haven't looked at it lately so I'm drawing some blanks.

I need to become one with the released documents again. I went through all of them and now I'm starting to forget details.

But I agree, Faith was surrounded by a terrifying rogue's gallery. A drug dealer, a psycho ex-boyfriend, a guy who threatened to kill his step father (?), the law school students had a bunch of sketchy stuff in their backgrounds... Very strange that she had all of that swirling around her, or else it's terrifying to think that we're all surrounded by that stuff and just don't know it.

That one really stood out as being suspicious. But I believe on the Gaspowrites blog, it was reported that he did later give DNA and it was not a match.

This is spooky... I'm listening to the radio, and Billy Bragg is singing "I Keep Faith":

If you think you have the answer
Well, don't be surprised
If what you say is met with anger
And contempt and lies

No matter how hard you may want to
Just walk away
Reach out, you'll find me there beside you
All of the way because

I keep faith, I keep faith
I keep faith, I keep faith in you
Yes, I do, I keep faith in you

I did the same. I have two 3 subject notebooks filled with info. Printed out the 118 released documents. Reports. Yet, I want to know where the other documents are...they said 299 were released...

I saw that the other day too about even more pages being released originally, and I want to see them too. I wonder if someone around here might have saved them...

I saw that the other day too about even more pages being released originally, and I want to see them too. I wonder if someone around here might have saved them...

I just went back and found my hedgepeth files. I have two copies of the same thing, which is 118 pages long (including the last, blank page). There is also a search warrant that is about 18 pages or so. I have yet another file teasingly called "Original Hedgepeth Documents.pdf" but it's EMPTY! Zero bytes! I have no idea why I have that, why I named it "original" and how it got corrupted. So frustrating.

I just went back and found my hedgepeth files. I have two copies of the same thing, which is 118 pages long (including the last, blank page). There is also a search warrant that is about 18 pages or so. I have yet another file teasingly called "Original Hedgepeth Documents.pdf" but it's EMPTY! Zero bytes! I have no idea why I have that, why I named it "original" and how it got corrupted. So frustrating.

I had it too!It went "missing". Beyond frustrating!

Well, we’re not going to agree with one another here; kinda going in circles at this point :( but my understanding is that every single male (over 100 in total!) that LE asked to give DNA, including those who initially refused, eventually did so (including Beatley who is a sketchy figure), and NOT been a match for the crucial DNA of the crime scene, which also doesn’t match DNA in any national criminal database (though I’m not sure how frequently it gets re-checked) — that is what is bewildering. It reinforces my belief that the girls simply encountered some stranger(s), or male(s) tangential to their lives, at the crowded Thrill that night, who took a liking to them, and came to their apt. later in search of a good time with one or both of them — how that proceeded to murder one can imagine all sorts of scenarios, but I still find it the simplest explanation for the evidence thus far made public, which by the way, includes no Latino males (…granted though more evidence might well change my opinion — but I feel like first LE has to settle this whole Latino male aspect before we can move forward, especially if somehow that turns out to be a false wild goose chase — they supposedly got over 100 new leads from that, but haven’t reported anything further).

That doesn't make sense because nobody who is raped and murdered (speculating on the rape) is "like this".

Well, we’re not going to agree with one another here; kinda going in circles at this point :( but my understanding is that every single male (over 100 in total!) that LE asked to give DNA, including those who initially refused, eventually did so (including Beatley who is a sketchy figure), and NOT been a match for the crucial DNA of the crime scene, which also doesn’t match DNA in any national criminal database (though I’m not sure how frequently it gets re-checked) — that is what is bewildering. It reinforces my belief that the girls simply encountered some stranger(s), or male(s) tangential to their lives, at the crowded Thrill that night, who took a liking to them, and came to their apt. later in search of a good time with one or both of them — how that proceeded to murder one can imagine all sorts of scenarios, but I still find it the simplest explanation for the evidence thus far made public, which by the way, includes no Latino males (…granted though more evidence might well change my opinion — but I feel like first LE has to settle this whole Latino male aspect before we can move forward, especially if somehow that turns out to be a false wild goose chase — they supposedly got over 100 new leads from that, but haven’t reported anything further).
Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if LE made up the Latino DNA story if they suspect the profile of the murderer might be Latino but don't want to sound racist and this way people call in tips regarding Latino men she may have been in contact with to investigate. Or it's more of the funny business of LE protecting the culprit and throwing a red herring imo. Apologies for my cynicism/skepticism.

Regarding leaving the door unlocked - when I got a restraining order against my ex I put deadbolts and to this day neurotically check to make sure the front door is locked at all times and windows shut. Personally I would not feel safe leaving my home alone when dark out even to walk to the street for a waiting car. Sorry but it doesn't add up. Seems like she needed an excuse why there was no sign of breaking and entering imo.

And to the theory above about the girls bringing a guy home from the club - why wouldn't KR disclose this fact to allow LE to investigate it and instead choose to be a suspect? Sorry but that theory doesn't hold up imo.

Three things: one, there is a good "statement analysis" of Karena Rosario's 911 call that everyone should read. The analysis is quite smart, and it generally suggests that there are a number of odd aspects of Rosario's responses / language during the 911 call. For some reason this website won't let me paste in the link, but if you Google "statement analysis blogspot karena rosario," it will be the first site that comes up.

Two, when I previously described why I do not think it is plausible that Rosario would deliberately leave the apartment door unlocked --- nor does it make sense that she would "remember" forgetting to lock it --- I wasn't even taking into account the fact that the violent ex (who had threatened Faith) lived in the same apartment complex. Sorry, but there is absolutely no chance whatsoever that Karena Rosario would have left that door unlocked. None. That she told police she did is highly, highly suspicious.

Three, I acknowledge that the DNA evidence --- found apparently on the pen and on/in Faith --- seems to contradict the theory that Rosario did it, but somehow I think there is something misleading about this DNA evidence.

I continue to believe that Karena should be the prime suspect.

I wonder why the Parabon Snapshot photo only shows a man who would have been 24-25 years old...how do they know this would be the age of the criminal? I don't feel it is safe to assume. I wish they had done one of a man a few years older too, maybe one with facial hair, and etc...

I wonder why the Parabon Snapshot photo only shows a man who would have been 24-25 years old...how do they know this would be the age of the criminal? I don't feel it is safe to assume. I wish they had done one of a man a few years older too, maybe one with facial hair, and etc...

Age can be determined pretty accurately by certain molecular markers. Obviously not facial hair.

Three things: one, there is a good "statement analysis" of Karena Rosario's 911 call that everyone should read. The analysis is quite smart, and it generally suggests that there are a number of odd aspects of Rosario's responses / language during the 911 call. For some reason this website won't let me paste in the link, but if you Google "statement analysis blogspot karena rosario," it will be the first site that comes up.

Two, when I previously described why I do not think it is plausible that Rosario would deliberately leave the apartment door unlocked --- nor does it make sense that she would "remember" forgetting to lock it --- I wasn't even taking into account the fact that the violent ex (who had threatened Faith) lived in the same apartment complex. Sorry, but there is absolutely no chance whatsoever that Karena Rosario would have left that door unlocked. None. That she told police she did is highly, highly suspicious.

Three, I acknowledge that the DNA evidence --- found apparently on the pen and on/in Faith --- seems to contradict the theory that Rosario did it, but somehow I think there is something misleading about this DNA evidence.

I continue to believe that Karena should be the prime suspect.

There is no consensus among experts about statement analysis. There may be something to it but it is not a science in the sense that different experts would come to different conclusions about what even constitutes evidence much less what to conclude from the evidence. Something to totally ignore, IMHO.

I think it is possible that Rosario found the door unlocked and simply concluded that she forgot to lock it , but has no memory either way about locking it or not. Memory is reconstructed so she would have been striving to make her story consistent with the evidence and so said she left it unlocked.

Age can be determined pretty accurately by certain molecular markers. Obviously not facial hair.

I am being selfish. I want Parabon or LE to state they know the age range from the DNA that was collected. Once that is a definite add some facial hair. The scruffy bearded look is in among many young men these days IMO. The snapshot is very generic IMO.

I agree with SkiGirl that I wouldn't put much weight in 'statement analysis'... it's controversial at best, and outright pseudoscience at worst; in this case in particular I think it weak (even allowing that elements here and there may seem plausible). Similarly, I find little credibility to the buttdial voicemail analyses that have been attempted... I think sleuthers are trying to grasp at anything because there is so little good, solid evidence in this case that makes much sense. The Parabon profile is also quite experimental -- they should certainly be able to tell from the DNA if the perp is of Latino heritage (as they seem quite positive about), but the picture generated could be way off, and is only intended to be generic. I'll reiterate too that my interpretation of Rosario remembering that she left the door unlocked, is that this was common practice for the girls when they knew one of them was still at home -- again, I know lots of young people who, feeling invulnerable, don't routinely bother locking doors -- just like lots of young people text while driving even though they know they shouldn't, or in some states it's even outlawed.
One glaring bit of information we don't have (to my astonishment) is an estimated time-of-death for FH -- I assume the police DO have an estimate, and it comes well after KR departed the apt. ~4am. (but just my guess).

One glaring bit of information we don't have (to my astonishment) is an estimated time-of-death for FH -- I assume the police DO have an estimate, and it comes well after KR departed the apt. ~4am. (but just my guess).

Even the evidence we have makes Rosario a very unlikely fit for the crime, IMO. The fact that one of the few unequivocal statements from LE is that she's not a suspect also makes me read between the lines on TOD and strongly suspect it's significantly later than Rosario was known to have left.I think Rosario has been questioned so many times not because they think she's guilty, but because she had the most access to Faith and saw every day what was happening in her life. So LE probably talks to her wherever they're pursuing a new lead: "We're now talking to X, did Faith ever say anything to you about him."

There is no rhyme or reason to these random thoughts and JMO. Would love some feedback.

A. Do we know if JL, employee of Red Robin, spoke with LE? Did LE check into JL and CW,man who worked at Thrill and helped ID a few of the POI's while looking at video footage of Thrill, apartment they shared? They lived off Old Chapel Hill Rd just in a different apartment complex.

B. Was JL the only employee LE looked into who worked at Red Robin? Maybe there was another coworker that had been harassing Faith. Could this other coworker have been married? Maybe Faith threatened to tell the spouse if the coworker didn't stop with unwanted advances. Or maybe someone close to Faith knew about this coworker and decided on their own to out what was going on either to protect Faith or embarrass Faith.

C. There are several undocumented Latino workers working in kitchens across the US...I wonder about Red Robin or Thrill or TimeOut. I wonder how far someone would go if their "citizenship" was being threatened...to help cover up a crime or commit one.

D. From SM it appears both Faith and KR enjoyed watching Law and Order:SVU...between that and having an active restraining order I cannot get passed the leaving the door unlocked.

E. DB's weird reaction to the photo LE shows him of Faith. Do we know the context of the photo? Was it after she was found with all the injuries? Or, could it have been that on the night of the Thrill that DB witnessed some drama go down between Faith and other people and being that he was in law school at NCCU told Faith that he wasn't interested in getting involved in drama...now he feels bad because maybe he feels like he could have protected her?

F. JB's incident report from 9/7/12...what was it?! LE looked more into him when they realized the address he lived at was the same one KR went to with JM. While looking more into him is when they found the incident report from 2010.

G. I have also wondered if they found any cigarette butts outside or inside? I ask because I know both girls were underage yet had alcohol...I wonder if a little marijuana smoking was also being done...

H. Maybe no one is coming forward because they have a child and don't want to leave them or have harm come their way. Maybe it's a couple who has a child. Maybe they are married and can't testify against one another anyway.

As always, just my thoughts and JMO.

ETA: more to add on

Faith's killer/s is still out there. No one is safe until they are apprehended. If you know something, say something. Even a small detail could help. Justice for Faith.

https://youtu.be/AuZd09AMRWQ

There's a $40,000 reward still available for information in the case. If you have any information, please call Crimestoppers at (919) 942-7515.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member