Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robeson County sheriff's officers suspended
The Sheriff’s Office had to rebuild itself after a 2006 corruption scandal nicknamed Operation Tarnished Badge, Britt noted, in which 16 Robeson deputies were accused of drug, kidnapping and other felony charges. Federal officials also kicked the Sheriff’s Office out of an asset forfeiture program, meaning the office no longer collects any proceeds from property seized from drug dealers.
[...]
Going forward, Britt said he has recommended the new sheriff form an investigative team focused on sexual assault cases with a social worker assigned to help victims.

“Perhaps the lead detective on that team should be a woman, someone that presumably a female victim will be more comfortable talking to,” Britt said.

Advocates point to a general lack of urgency in rape cases, not just in Robeson County. To date, the stockpile of untested rape kits statewide tops 15,000, according to the nonprofit End The Backlog.

Dear Aguilar Family, Friends & Loved Ones,
I'm so sorry for your loss of such a young, bright and inspiring young lady. I'm thankful this monster was caught, however I know it was at the expense of your darling Hania. Nothing will ever make this right for you and I'm so sorry.

I admire your grace and strength and while Hania's death came at an unimaginable cost, she probably has saved the lives of other potential victims. Thank you for sharing her with us.

I noticed his hearing was rescheduled - anyone seem a "new" court date for him?

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-057.gif

The State Of North Carolina only requires Sex Offenders to Register for 10 years!

Description: RAPE 2ND DEGREE

Minimum Registration Period: 10 YEARS

They also can Petition for Removal of The Sex Offense.

Sex Offender Registry: Petitioning The NC Court For Removal

Sex Offender Registry: Petitioning The NC Court For Removal

If you are a proven Rapist you should be required to register as a Sex Offender for life!

Last edited:
“Thompson runs the jail and McPhatter is a detective with the Criminal Investigations unit, according to the paper.“

Snip

“The kit had been compared to more than 17 million profiles taken from convicted offenders, detainees and arrestees in the national law enforcement database system known as CODIS.

But nobody followed up on it and authorities only discovered the issue last week, Britt said.“

2 Robeson deputies suspended over 2016 rape case now linked to Hania Aguilar’s murder

—-

Robeson sheriff suspends two employees amid investigation in aftermath of teen’s death

“An analysis by The News & Observer of crime data from the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation showed that many rape cases go unsolved in Robeson County, about 100 miles south of Raleigh.”

Sometimes when someone drops the ball and a mistake is made the consequences are minimal; other times it could mean the difference between life and death. The latter applies here. How on eaaaarth did this happen, sigh. Can you imagine how you’d feel if you were Hania’s family!?

Speaking of CODIS, I don’t think this was the case here, but I recall seeing an investigator on TV who found a major problem where some LE agencies weren’t tied into the database or something like that, forgot what it was, maybe someone else remembers.

“Thompson runs the jail and McPhatter is a detective with the Criminal Investigations unit, according to the paper.“

Snip

“The kit had been compared to more than 17 million profiles taken from convicted offenders, detainees and arrestees in the national law enforcement database system known as CODIS.

But nobody followed up on it and authorities only discovered the issue last week, Britt said.“

2 Robeson deputies suspended over 2016 rape case now linked to Hania Aguilar’s murder

—-

Robeson sheriff suspends two employees amid investigation in aftermath of teen’s death

“An analysis by The News & Observer of crime data from the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation showed that many rape cases go unsolved in Robeson County, about 100 miles south of Raleigh.”
How many Rapes and Murders were there in Lumberton that “nobody followed up on it”?

This is my post I made in my group for Hania translating and elaborating on the linked article....Its getting NO attention because the only article is in Spanish....I've been pushing and pushing attention to this for obvious reasons.

I can not get my mind off of this woman and story. Due to the recent news and exposed activity ( or lack thereof ) regarding the very individuals who should have handled this I am pushing this every day until it gets acknowledged and resolved.
This was originally posted December 6th and has not gotten much attention. The interview is in Spanish but I had a conversation with someone who knows details about this.
*** My details may be a little off so I will edit as anything is clarified.
This lady was sexually assaulted in her home at Littlefield mobile home park in July 2018. She stated ( not sure if everything is included in the video) that while she was assaulted by 1 man ( who she later stated she is confident is MM), 2 additional men went through her home looking for stuff to steal. Her toddler witnessed this attack. He strangled her however let her live and left with $300. She immediately went to a neighbor and filed a police report. When Hania went missing she reached out to follow up only to eventually be told her case was with another Department. I am trying to clarify if they even did a rape kit.

This needs attention for MANY reasons.
*She deserves justice as well.
*There were 2 additional men accompanying the man assaulting her, they need to be investigated/located.
*It is not far fetched to consider there may be more victims who are scared to come forward or not taken seriously. Unfortunately many criminals target Hispanic population to commit these crimes against for that reason.

We ALL owe it to Hania and every other victim ( regardless of WHO committed these acts) to speak up, be vigilant and demand justice. I am going to reach out to some people who can advocate for her so any additional suggestions are appreciated. "

En #Lumberton, una joven decide romper su silencio y hablar con #NoticiasCharlotte sobre el asalto que sufrió en verano en su casa móvil, a escasos metros de donde vivía Hania Aguilar. Quiere que su caso no quede impune y ayude a dar con el culpable de la muerte de Hania. #TelemundoCharlotte @TelemundoCLT Telemundo Charlotte
Belén Gómez-Jordana

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my post I made in my group for Hania translating and elaborating on the linked article....Its getting NO attention because the only article is in Spanish....I've been pushing and pushing attention to this for obvious reasons.

I can not get my mind off of this woman and story. Due to the recent news and exposed activity ( or lack thereof ) regarding the very individuals who should have handled this I am pushing this every day until it gets acknowledged and resolved.
This was originally posted December 6th and has not gotten much attention. The interview is in Spanish but I had a conversation with someone who knows details about this.
*** My details may be a little off so I will edit as anything is clarified.
This lady was sexually assaulted in her home at Littlefield mobile home park in July 2018. She stated ( not sure if everything is included in the video) that while she was assaulted by 1 man ( who she later stated she is confident is MM), 2 additional men went through her home looking for stuff to steal. Her toddler witnessed this attack. He strangled her however let her live and left with $300. She immediately went to a neighbor and filed a police report. When Hania went missing she reached out to follow up only to eventually be told her case was with another Department. I am trying to clarify if they even did a rape kit.

This needs attention for MANY reasons.
*She deserves justice as well.
*There were 2 additional men accompanying the man assaulting her, they need to be investigated/located.
*It is not far fetched to consider there may be more victims who are scared to come forward or not taken seriously. Unfortunately many criminals target Hispanic population to commit these crimes against for that reason.

We ALL owe it to Hania and every other victim ( regardless of WHO committed these acts) to speak up, be vigilant and demand justice. I am going to reach out to some people who can advocate for her so any additional suggestions are appreciated. "

En #Lumberton, una joven decide romper su silencio y hablar con #NoticiasCharlotte sobre el asalto que sufrió en verano en su casa móvil, a escasos metros de donde vivía Hania Aguilar. Quiere que su caso no quede impune y ayude a dar con el culpable de la muerte de Hania. #TelemundoCharlotte @TelemundoCLT Telemundo Charlotte
Belén Gómez-Jordana

“When Hania went missing she reached out to follow up only to eventually be told her case was with another Department. I am trying to clarify if they even did a rape kit.”

Ask The Internal Affairs Division of the Robeson County Sheriff's Office? Maybe he can find out what department has her case while he’s doing the Hania shouldn’t have been killed investigation.

The Internal Affairs Division of the Robeson County Sheriff's Office is now looking into why deputies took no action on DNA evidence that linked a sexual assault in 2016 to the man who now is accused of raping and killing Hania Aguilar, the newly elected sheriff said in a written statement released Wednesday.

Robeson DA: Missed evidence from 2016 could have saved life of Hania Aguilar :: WRAL.com

Last edited:
Thanks margarita!
The 1st two don't have any where to search for case.
The 2 calendars I can't access.
And the last 3 - you have to pay to see those records.

Hope you can find something for me tomorrow! :)

District and Superior Court Search
District and Superior Courts of ALL Counties
Listing: 1 - 1312/26/2018

18CRS001998
Superior ROBESON MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/07/2019 002A AM 18CRS001998
District ROBESON MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/08/2019 003A AM 18CR056270
District ROBESON MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/08/2019 003A AM 18CR056271
District ROBESON MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/08/2019 003A AM 18CR056272
District ROBESON MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/08/2019 003A AM 18CR056273
District ROBESON MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/08/2019 003A AM 18CR056274
District ROBESON MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/08/2019 003A AM 18CR056275
District ROBESON MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/08/2019 003A AM 18CR056276
District ROBESON MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/08/2019 003A AM 18CR056277
District ROBESON MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/08/2019 003A AM 18CR056278
District ROBESON MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/08/2019 003A AM 18CR056279
District ROBESON MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 03/19/2019 003A AM 18CR055491
North Carolina Judicial Branch
justice for all

Hey all!

Anyone here - can you access Robeson County court site to see if there is any further court dates listed?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif
Here is what I found -- lots of stuff -- the "biggie" is anything held in Superior Count.

Court Defendant -Date of Birth- Court Date-Court Room- Session Case Number- Citation No.
-District MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/08/2019 003A AM 18CR056270
-District MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/08/2019 003A AM 18CR056271
-District MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/08/2019 003A AM 18CR056272
-District MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/08/2019 003A AM 18CR056273
-District MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/08/2019 003A AM 18CR056274
-District MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/08/2019 003A AM 18CR056275
-District MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/08/2019 003A AM 18CR056276
-District MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/08/2019 003A AM 18CR056277
-District MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/08/2019 003A AM 18CR056278
-District MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/08/2019 003A AM 18CR056279
-District MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 03/19/2019 003A AM 18CR055491
-Superior MCLELLAN,MICHAEL 08/03 01/07/2019 002A AM 18CRS001998