Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been a big fan of rewards, except that with each increase in the reward, it's a chance for the story to be covered in the media - and the attention is good. I think people who call in tips usually do it because it's the right thing to do, not to collect $.

However, in this case, with a community that is reluctant to be in contact with LE, I think the reward money might be useful.

Fingers crossed.

jmo
Didn't they say they had a lot of people physically coming in to give them tips?

I never did find it. Maybe I dreamed it, lol. I did go 36 hours without sleeping in the first few days of this case. I guess for now we should assume the breakfast part was someone's speculation. Sorry for anyone who was misled by that word. I usually can find sources, but I don't know where I got it. :oops:
The post could have been deleted. It happens. :confused:

Lumberton Police Department | 11/13/2018 7:43pm (EST)

The FBI has increased the reward to $25,000 for information that leads to the location of Hania or information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for kidnapping Hania.
New missing posters are attached.

46075912_1908649105838599_1793252290367324160_n.jpg 46123190_1908649122505264_6431826719623086080_n.jpg

Lumberton Police Department | 11/13/2018 7:44pm (EST)

The following message is from Hania's Mother. A photo of her handwritten statement in Spanish is attached.

"I trust in God that my daughter will return. No one knows the pain I have in my heart. Despite all the criticism and speculation against me, I would never use my daughter’s name in order to take advantage of this situation.
I thank all those people who have provided me help. Please, if you know something, call. I ask everyone not to make absurd comments. For the love of God respect my pain. I only want Hania, my princess, back. I miss her."

46096486_1908649705838539_6019444648718630912_n.jpg

The FBI has increased the reward to $25,000 for information that leads to the location of Hania or information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for kidnapping Hania.

View attachment 155452 View attachment 155453

The following message is from Hania's Mother. A photo of her handwritten statement in Spanish is attached.

"I trust in God that my daughter will return. No one knows the pain I have in my heart. Despite all the criticism and speculation against me, I would never use my daughter’s name in order to take advantage of this situation.
I thank all those people who have provided me help. Please, if you know something, call. I ask everyone not to make absurd comments. For the love of God respect my pain. I only want Hania, my princess, back. I miss her."

View attachment 155457

Oh it hurts to read her mom’s words....I sincerely feel so bad for this woman and all she is going through. God bless her.

View attachment 155457
Oh my! What are people saying about her? I wonder if it's gossip on SM. This has happened in every single case and it's so horrible that people do this! What is wrong with them?

Wasn't the reward in Mollie Tibbetts case 250,000? What is it in this case? I thought I read 50,000 but then it was raised?

Last I heard it was 20,000
'I want my princess back:' Mother pleads for return of missing Lumberton teen :: WRAL.com
Eight days after someone kidnapped Hania Aguilar from the yard outside her Lumberton home, officials with the FBI have upped the reward for information to $25,000.

Gov. Roy Cooper's office is offering an additional $5,000 for information that leads to Hania, or an arrest.

View attachment 155457
Heartbreaking. No mother should ever have to make a statement like that when her child is missing. :( MOO

I've never been a big fan of rewards, except that with each increase in the reward, it's a chance for the story to be covered in the media - and the attention is good. I think people who call in tips usually do it because it's the right thing to do, not to collect $.

However, in this case, with a community that is reluctant to be in contact with LE, I think the reward money might be useful.

Fingers crossed.

jmo
I think many bystanders would call in a tip, just because it is the right thing to do. But a high reward may make a family member or close friend flip on a suspect and turn them in. Money talks and sometimes an unscrupulous person may be a little more "motivated" to do the right thing even if it means turning on a friend or family member.

<modsnip - discussing blog>

Last edited by a moderator:
We wouldn't necessarily hear about a reward being given out for any given case; the money isn't usually distributed until after a conviction and in some cases until after appeals are over, long after most cases are out of the news. And I imagine many rewards aren't made public anyway.

Perhaps Mom did live in another trailer park, adjacent to Rosewood, called Laiken Estates. On Hania's id, her address is listed as 3382 E-Town Road, Lot 102. She was abducted from Rosewood Mobile Home Park, which the address comes up as 3525 E-Town Road. (Between lots 38-39). Hania's address is not the same as where she disappeared from. Her address must be where her mom lives.

NC - NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, Lumberton, MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

FBI following 50 leads in investigation into kidnapping of 13-year-old NC girl forced into SUV

Video at link.

FBI Profiles Behavior Of Person Who Abducted Missing Teen Hania Aguilar | HuffPost
The FBI, working in conjunction with police in Lumberton, North Carolina, has released a list of changes that a person might exhibit after committing an abduction.

Chief among them are sudden alterations in behavior, missed appointments, being absent from work, or failing to answer calls or text messages.

“Think through the events of the past week, particularly the morning of Monday, Nov. 5, and consider whether you know anything that would help us,” Lumberton Police Chief Michael McNeill said in a press release from the FBI.

from one of the many news reports..."The Lumberton Police Department and the FBI are asking for the public’s assistance to find 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar. Hania was outside her home at the Rosewood Mobile Home Park located at 3525 Elizabethtown Road, Lumberton, North Carolina, on November 5, 2018, just before 7:00 a.m. She was waiting on the rest of the family to come outside and drive to school."

Laiken Estates may have been sold and renamed Rosewood Mobile Home if I'm following the right rabbit down the google rabbit hole.
Anyone from the area care to clarify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member