Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sorry to flip flop, something isnt right.. If this was even remotely co ordinated, they would have heard something and moved with urgency by now. I think, like my gut was telling me at the beginning this was spur of the moment. He is a local, the southern path will lead them to him. Probably someone strolling thru after the weekend, no rhyme, no reason. It will take a tip to bust this open. A slip up, or a change in his routine. I hope and evidence they find can be processed soon. If she is located, harmed or non harmed it would be between where the suv was ditched and his residence. Since he was going south, if im looking at the map correctly, he wouldn't be driving this stolen vehicle to where he lived if he wasn't in it for the vehicle itself. This is looking bad I fear..

$30K reward now offered in search for kidnapped Lumberton teen :: WRAL.com
Eight days after someone kidnapped Hania Aguilar from the yard outside her Lumberton home, officials with the FBI have upped the reward for information to $25,000.

Lumberton police and the FBI said they have not given up on locating the missing 13-year-old teen, an eighth-grader at Lumberton Junior High School.

Gov. Roy Cooper's office is offering an additional $5,000 for information that leads to Hania, or an arrest.

The SBI said Monday that fake tips and rumors on social media sites are hampering the investigation.

Amber Alert: Police ask public to stop spreading rumors, FBI increases reward
Lumberton police officials, in a news conference Tuesday afternoon, encouraged the public to stop sharing "misinformation" about the Amber Alert case that has rocked the community for more than a week, saying that it is hampering their investigation.

Lumberton Police Chief Michael McNeill stressed that the rumors being spread on social media are making it difficult for them to their jobs.

"We need these rumors stopped," he said. "It makes it harder to find Hania."

After reading the latest posts, it dawned on me that Lumberton is a high crime city. It may be small, but the crime rate is extraordinarily high.

To back up this statement, I googled it only to discover Lumberton is listed as the number 1 city in North Carolina in crime. Top 10 most dangerous cities in North Carolina, according to the FBI

While gangs have not been mentioned as being involved in this case, Lumberton is saturated with gangs. This is from personal knowledge.

After reading the stolen Explorer was found four days later in Lumberton, this is scary as to what quality investigators are on this case. Lumberton is not a big city, just a small southern town.
And the FBI was already involved, js.. I think.

Looking to the south, the only town that borders (Fairmont or Fairmount) I find a similar thing almost 10 years ago..Arrest made in New Year's shooting | Robesonian

Early AM,
minor victim involved (Indirectly)
Mask worn
fled

only difference is this guy was intoxicated, had a weapon, and probably in jail. However it seems, it was a local and went back home.. might be why they are staying in the area. All these cases are local

Gawd I hate these cases. As we all do. Where are you little lady.........
Likewise, time is the enemy.. im on the fence of random/orchestrated. So many clues and things that don't fit, yet so rural and redundant. This family needs her back and I have racked my mind over the possibilities. That poor family and classmates. Those neighbors must be in fear..

Looking to the south, the only town that borders (Fairmont or Fairmount) I find a similar thing almost 10 years ago..Arrest made in New Year's shooting | Robesonian

Early AM,
minor victim involved (Indirectly)
Mask worn
fled

only difference is this guy was intoxicated, had a weapon, and probably in jail. However it seems, it was a local and went back home.. might be why they are staying in the area. All these cases are local

Imo it was a bit hard to hear that part during the live broadcast, but here’s what I heard after playing it back (starting at 8:28):

REPORTER: (Inaudible) […] an arrest out of Fairmont… where a man was accused in a kidnapping. According to Fairmont Police, this man approached a woman wearing a dark mask, he had a gun, had a mask on his face. (Inaudible)

FBI ANDY: I understand why you would ask that question. I won’t comment on that because that’s not an FBI investigation, or an FBI matter. My understanding of this was something that happened in Fairmont in October, but I would refer all questions on that matter to the Fairmont Police Department. Of course we will follow any logical leads that may help us try to locate and return Hania home.

VIDEO: WRAL TV - presser 11/13/18

Imo it was a bit hard for to hear that part during the live broadcast, but here’s what I heard after playing it back (starting at 8:28):

REPORTER: (Inaudible) […] an arrest out of Fairmont… where a man was accused in a kidnapping. According to Fairmont Police, this man approached a woman wearing a dark mask, he had a gun, had a mask on his face. (Inaudible)

FBI ANDY: I understand why you would ask that question. I won’t comment on that because that’s not an FBI investigation, or an FBI matter. My understanding of this was something that happened in Fairmont in October, but I would refer all questions on that matter to the Fairmont Police Department. Of course we will follow any logical leads that may help us try to locate and return Hania home.

VIDEO: WRAL TV - presser 11/13/18
I haven't seen the latest presser, Im just figuring its south because he fled and went south. I think the example I listed was from 2015. Im sure someone will post a transcript or summary soon..

I haven't read a word about breakfast FWIW

I never did find it. Maybe I dreamed it, lol. I did go 36 hours without sleeping in the first few days of this case. I guess for now we should assume the breakfast part was someone's speculation. Sorry for anyone who was misled by that word. I usually can find sources, but I don't know where I got it. :oops:

Notes presser 11/13/18

Police Chief Michael McNeill…
  • Asking everyone to not spread rumors and misinformation on social media. It’s hampering their investigation.
  • “We end up spending our investigation teams to chase down something that many times someone made up. Please don’t do that.”
FBI Supervisory Resident Agent Andy de la Rocha…
  • Continued Chief McNeill’s message to the community to call with tips.
  • Today, the FBI is increasing the reward from $15,000 to $25,000.
  • Also expanding the scope of who can claim this reward: “The $25,000 reward is now available to anyone who provides us with information that leads us to the location of Hania, OR, to the arrest and prosecution of the person or persons responsible for her kidnapping.”
  • The State of NC continues to offer their reward of $5,000.
  • Echoed pleas for surveillance video, identification of the man seen walking nearby, and asking for tips from the public about changes in behavior, or anything unusual around properties.
FBI Special Agent Liza Vita…
  • Provided remarks in Spanish
Some Q&A notes (answered by FBI Supervisor Andy)…
  • Addressed rumors issue that is happening on social media.
  • Re: Are there are signs of a SA? They won’t comment on any specific items or anything of evidentiary nature that they’ve found anywhere. They are following all leads.
  • Re: $25,000 from the FBI, $5,000 from the State of NC - The initial reward was seeking to the location and return of Hania. It now also includes information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person, or persons responsible, for her kidnapping.
  • Fort Bragg continues to provide assistance in language translation on behalf of their Criminal Investigative Division and the Provost Marshals office.
  • Re: Do you believe she’s still in the state? “We don’t know.” They are following all logical leads, no matter what city or state they take them to.
  • Re: Reporter's question - No comment on something that happened in Fairmont in October; refer those questions to Fairmont PD. Not an FBI investigation.
  • How often was she taken to school vs. riding the bus - “I’m not aware of that.”
  • “We have no physical evidence - nothing to indicate - that she is anything but alive.”
  • Re: HNA’s photos from that Sunday - They believe those are family photos. Nothing else of significance other than those photos being the most recent photos they had of her.
FBI Spokesperson Shelley Lynch…
  • Re: Amber Alerts - the NCMEC helps them. They know when people drive down the interstate they can't put all the info on the billboard, but when children are missing, they know people will call 511.
  • Consider the stress and situation that Mom is under. Addressed the “bad side” of social media, and how heartbreaking and stressful it must be for the mother. That’s why she’s asking the FBI to convey her messages.
  • Future press conferences will be taken day by day. When they have info they feel can help, they’ll make every effort to get it out.
WRAL TV - Press conference
I got a knot in my stomach reading that...

I'm in the same boat, Gardener, and I noticed that too - that their statements echo those made in Jayme's case, Mollie's and others. The difference here though is that in this case, they spoke directly to the perpetrator. And that really scares me. :( MOO
It seems, imo, there are more updates than in Jayme..?

I am late to the party as usual, but did I read that she didn't live there? She was visiting an Aunt or something?

In other cases, sometimes it’s turns out that the abductor is a well respected member of society with no criminal record (example: Hailey Owens abductor, Craig Wood, football coach).

I highly doubt this will turn out to be the case, here, moo, as far as trying to potentially profile what type of offender we are dealing with.

He had a criminal record. Nothing big, comparatively. Poaching/hunting related and drug possession.

It seems, imo, there are more updates than in Jayme..?
I think there were a comparable number of updates the first week of Jayme's case. It stands to reason that as time goes by and there is less information to pass along, the press conferences aren't held as often. Hoping she is found and that doesn't happen here, but it could. :(

Last edited:
I’m a lefty too and constantly switch back and forth. For me it has to do with my age and years ago most items were geared for right-handed people.

This may be part of why I became so good at it. I remember having lefty scissors but really I only write with my left hand. Everything else I use my right for. I'm just weird.

Evidence taken by FBI to Quantico could be more than DNA. I am hoping they have digital evidence. If there was any evidence from electronics in the van at the time of abduction than lets hope it shows where that van went and when. Can the FBI track down where a burner was purchased?

It's certainly possible. Even if a perp paid cash they might be able to get surveillance of the sale.

Anyone believe the perp is on this site, like me?

It's happened before. However this one doesn't strike me as that type of perp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia