Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking out loud to all- sorry random thoughts - the 8 year old witness says HNA was screaming but they didnt understand what she was yelling - perhaps she was trying to prevent the car from being stolen so the perp pushed her into the car.
If it was the person seen on video walking, "they" sure walked a long out of the way path to steal this particular vehicle. Crime of opportunity that the car was running?
If kidnapping wasnt the intended crime, why not push HNA out of the way.
If carjacking was the intended crime, why abandoned 10 miles away unless perp was aware it had been reported stolen. Unless another vehicle was waiting to pick perp and HNA up, where did "they" go. I assume HNA kicking/screaming like she was when first abducted unless rendered helpless she would still be fighting for her life when the car was abandoned. Was there another vehicle reported stolen later Monday morning or on the Thursday the car was found.
Unless LE is being tight lipped, no tips on HNA being spotted else where? No news reports of look alike sightings in the last 8 days.
$20k in reward money and no one talking?
It's as if HNA has vanished, therefore the abduction must have been the intended crime.
Again, sorry for the ramblings but fellow websleuthers are a great sounding board. better than reality tv!

O/T, @carbuff, I just noticed the timeline here I s similar to Sara Graham as well:

“Sara Nicole Graham, 18, left her home in Fairmont -- a town near the state's border with South Carolina, about 45 miles south of Fayetteville -- around 6:30 a.m. Wednesday to drive to her job at a Walmart in nearby Pembroke.

She was scheduled to arrive at work at 7 a.m., reports the station, but never showed up.“

Again, not saying there is a relation as her stepmother was named a POI.
Her dad is a cop, iirc.

NC deputy's daughter missing, car found abandoned

ETA:
I wonder if gangs, etc ever came up in her thread...

Her dad was a cop...

Last edited:
Thinking out loud to all- sorry random thoughts - the 8 year old witness says HNA was screaming but they didnt understand what she was yelling - perhaps she was trying to prevent the car from being stolen so the perp pushed her into the car.
If it was the person seen on video walking, "they" sure walked a long out of the way path to steal this particular vehicle. Crime of opportunity that the car was running?
If carjacking was the intended crime, why abandoned 10 miles away unless perp was aware it had been reported stolen. Unless another vehicle was waiting to pick perp and HNA up, where did "they" go. I assume HNA kicking/screaming like she was when first abducted unless rendered helpless she would still be fighting for her life when the car was abandoned. Was there another vehicle reported stolen later Monday morning or on the Thursday the car was found.
Unless LE is being tight lipped, no tips on HNA being spotted else where? No news reports of look alike sightings in the last 8 days.
It's as if HNA has vanished, therefore the abduction must have been the intended crime.
Again, sorry for the ramblings but fellow websleuthers are a great sounding board. better than reality tv!
And where was the car between Monday morning and Thursday when found. It wasn't that well hidden. If it were there sooner, even immediately after the kidnapping, I think it would have been found sooner. jmo This allows for 3 days that the car was possibly in the possession of the kidnapper. I wonder if the mileage can be checked to see how far it was driven. It could even have been dumped there when it was no longer needed and possibly as a red herring. The dog didn't seem to find a true scent/trail from the car outward. Where was the car before it was dumped and after it was used in carjacking/kidnapping? Who dumped it there? Where (most importantly) is Hania?

Bringing this forward again:

“North Carolina is divided into 100 counties, and while Robeson is the 22nd most populated, it has the greatest prevalence of homicides of the state and holds the grim distinction of one of the nation’s most violent rural communities.

Young people are twice as likely as those in other parts of the state to die before they come of age.

In Lumberton specifically, the chances of being raped, assaulted or killed are one in 55 in 2016, making it the most dangerous city in North Carolina, government data showed.“

Snip

“He proposed creating a dual county, multi-agency gang and drug task force to “seek out drug dealers at all levels that continue to wreak havoc on our county."”

Lumberton Has Sordid History of Violence

060518-lumberton-sidebar-1280x720.jpg

Early reports as it was happening said it was a stolen vehicle out of South Carolina. They came back and quickly corrected that it was registered Hernandez Velasquez from South Carolina but was in fact the local family vehicle. Hernandez Velasquez is the partial name of her "real Aunt"
Gotcha. Thx. I missed the really early reports.

It doesn’t seem as though they are willing to admit at this point that they found anything to indicate Hania is dead from the vehicle (al though they would need lab confirmation of course, Rita Gutierrez and CBI processing is a good example).

So if there is no immediate indication of her being dead from the vehicle, then why talk directly to the perp? I would think their approach would not be to enrage or engage the suspect. Thoughts?
My thoughts are that I'm conflicted! :oops: MOO

I too agree that the perp is someone who lives nearby. He ditched the car only minutes away. Probably was afraid to drive it far so not to be caught. He knew they were looking for the car. If that is him in the video, he may have already fled the area for a while. Did he take Hania with him? I doubt it. That would be too risky. He may have tied her up somewhere and left her. LE should be looking in abandoned buildings and homes or sheds. I pray they find her soon.

We are thinking along the same lines..
"I assume HNA kicking/screaming like she was when first abducted unless rendered helpless she would still be fighting for her life when the car was abandoned. Was there another vehicle reported stolen later Monday morning or on the Thursday the car was found."
A weapon would have kept her quiet perhaps and another stolen vehicle would not have been needed if they had a getaway or vehicle at agreed upon location.

Outside of a few social media sightings that have been reported, agreed nothing is being said outside it seems their focus is local

Not uncommon I guess, im not sure how much they ever discuss how payments are procured since im sure its not public knowledge..

Me too- I only read things posted here. But now for some reason the only posts I'm finding about breakfast are my own. I promise I didn't make that up, but I can't find the original source here now. I'm beginning to wonder if it was a post that got removed or something. Does anyone remember seeing this besides me?
I haven't read a word about breakfast FWIW

Can someone please bring forward the “not 100 percent” source and quote? Tia. This is optimistic sounding?

From yesterday’s presser (starting at 8:58):

REPORTER: Any good leads on who that man was who was seen walking along Lambeth Avenue?

FBI SUPERVISORY RESIDENT AGENT ANDY DE LA ROCHA: We have received a number of significant leads from the public, and we are grateful for those, but at this time we are asking the public to continue to review that. Look at the gait. Look at the approximate size. If they’re able to tell the height of the individual. What they were wearing. We’re asking the public to continue to call us with information on that. But at this time, no, we don’t have that person identified 100 percent.

VIDEO: November 12th Press Briefing | Lumberton Police Department on Facebook

Notes presser 11/13/18

Police Chief Michael McNeill…
  • Asking everyone to not spread rumors and misinformation on social media. It’s hampering their investigation.
  • “We end up spending our investigation teams to chase down something that many times someone made up. Please don’t do that.”
FBI Supervisory Resident Agent Andy de la Rocha…
  • Continued Chief McNeill’s message to the community to call with tips.
  • Today, the FBI is increasing the reward from $15,000 to $25,000.
  • Also expanding the scope of who can claim this reward: “The $25,000 reward is now available to anyone who provides us with information that leads us to the location of Hania, OR, to the arrest and prosecution of the person or persons responsible for her kidnapping.”
  • The State of NC continues to offer their reward of $5,000.
  • Echoed pleas for surveillance video, identification of the man seen walking nearby, and asking for tips from the public about changes in behavior, or anything unusual around properties.
FBI Special Agent Liza Vita…
  • Provided remarks in Spanish
Some Q&A notes (answered by FBI Supervisor Andy)…
  • Addressed rumors issue that is happening on social media.
  • Re: Are there are signs of a SA? They won’t comment on any specific items or anything of evidentiary nature that they’ve found anywhere. They are following all leads.
  • Re: $25,000 from the FBI, $5,000 from the State of NC - The initial reward was seeking to the location and return of Hania. It now also includes information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person, or persons responsible, for her kidnapping.
  • Fort Bragg continues to provide assistance in language translation on behalf of their Criminal Investigative Division and the Provost Marshals office.
  • Re: Do you believe she’s still in the state? “We don’t know.” They are following all logical leads, no matter what city or state they take them to.
  • Re: Reporter's question - No comment on something that happened in Fairmont in October; refer those questions to Fairmont PD. Not an FBI investigation.
  • How often was she taken to school vs. riding the bus - “I’m not aware of that.”
  • “We have no physical evidence - nothing to indicate - that she is anything but alive.”
  • Re: HNA’s photos from that Sunday - They believe those are family photos. Nothing else of significance other than those photos being the most recent photos they had of her.
FBI Spokesperson Shelley Lynch…
  • Re: Amber Alerts - the NCMEC helps them. They know when people drive down the interstate they can't put all the info on the billboard, but when children are missing, they know people will call 511.
  • Consider the stress and situation that Mom is under. Addressed the “bad side” of social media, and how heartbreaking and stressful it must be for the mother. That’s why she’s asking the FBI to convey her messages.
  • Future press conferences will be taken day by day. When they have info they feel can help, they’ll make every effort to get it out.
WRAL TV - Press conference

I see where that confusion came from upthread. Somebody mentioned her possibly going to he Aunts every morning and instead of typing "at another trailer" I think the original poster typed "at another trailer park" typo I assume.

Not sure what this is referring to or if I was the source you're referring to... in any case, the address on Hania's ID is for Laiken Estates whereas the apparent location of the abduction seems to be a trailer in Rosewood Mobile Home Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia