Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the man in the video who may or may not be a suspect was smoking. Looks like a few cigs. DNA is kept in certain data bases if they were arrested possibly. Could they possible walk the same path and grab or test one of the cigs that maybe on the ground for possible DNA? The newer disposed cigs? Also store video may be very helpful. Just MO.

Just catching up from a busy day. The reward increase is interesting. What do you think it means? What other cases have we seen this tactic used and what was the result?

I get the impression that LE knows who has the information they need and they are trying to get them to talk by raising the reward. They really need that someone to come forward with a certain piece of info. Thoughts?

I noticed the man in the video who may or may not be a suspect was smoking. Looks like a few cigs. DNA is kept in certain data bases if they were arrested possibly. Could they possible walk the same path and grab or test one of the cigs that maybe on the ground for possible DNA? The newer disposed cigs? Also store video may be very helpful. Just MO.

Unless they could be absolutely certain that it was the right butt, it wouldn't be worth doing because it wouldn't stand up in court. "Nope, not mine, I must have walked through right after that other dude."

Just catching up from a busy day. The reward increase is interesting. What do you think it means? What other cases have we seen this tactic used and what was the result?

I get the impression that LE knows who has the information they need and they are trying to get them to talk by raising the reward. They really need that someone to come forward with a certain piece of info. Thoughts?
I was thinking the same thing. Money makes people talk. If someone out there knows something about say a friend or relative, they'll talk for enough money. They're running out of time. I'm glad they raised it. Hope someone does talk.

If that guy who may or may not be the perp... he had to buy the cigs from somewhere...smokers are always looking for the next place to buy a pack...could he be on camera at the stores near the path? There can’t be that many cigs on the ground. Plus his walk is odd. Very odd. I would think it is worth checking everything.

I never did find it. Maybe I dreamed it, lol. I did go 36 hours without sleeping in the first few days of this case. I guess for now we should assume the breakfast part was someone's speculation. Sorry for anyone who was misled by that word. I usually can find sources, but I don't know where I got it. :oops:
I couldn't find a link either about breakfast at the aunt's. I think I too was reading your comments. However, there is a more recent post by @ClaireNC about breakfast being served at the middle school where she attended. Possible she had to be there by a certain time with a ride from the aunt in order to get breakfast there?

All the MSM reports I read/heard from day 1 were accurate. Why do you say there was incorrect reporting? Everything stated Hania went out to start the car and the man shoved her in the car and drove off with her. I never saw anything that remotely indicated the car was stolen prior to the abduction, only during the abduction.
I am glad it was reported correctly in your area. The only info I ever heard here was that she was kidnapped by someone in a stolen car. I was just explaining why I was confused at first.

The last two big cases I followed/still follow on WS involved Mollie Tibbetts and Jayme Closs, both ongoing, with Mollie having been found, but Jayme not found yet. There was (in Mollie's case) and is (in Jayme's case) a significant reward offered for info leading to safe location, suspect, etc. No one came forward in Mollie's case and so far, no one has in Jayme's case. People either don't know enough of anything to collect the reward or they don't want to get involved period.

I've never been a big fan of rewards, except that with each increase in the reward, it's a chance for the story to be covered in the media - and the attention is good. I think people who call in tips usually do it because it's the right thing to do, not to collect $.

However, in this case, with a community that is reluctant to be in contact with LE, I think the reward money might be useful.

Fingers crossed.

jmo

Unless they could be absolutely certain that it was the right butt, it wouldn't be worth doing because it wouldn't stand up in court. "Nope, not mine, I must have walked through right after that other dude."
But...if they find cigarette butts along the pedestrian's route AND cigarette butts by the abandoned vehicle - and if the DNA matches, then I think it would be strong evidence.

jmo

The last two big cases I followed/still follow on WS involved Mollie Tibbetts and Jayme Closs, both ongoing, with Mollie having been found, but Jayme not found yet. There was (in Mollie's case) and is (in Jayme's case) a significant reward offered for info leading to safe location, suspect, etc. No one came forward in Mollie's case and so far, no one has in Jayme's case. People either don't know enough of anything to collect the reward or they don't want to get involved period.
Wasn't the reward in Mollie Tibbetts case 250,000? What is it in this case? I thought I read 50,000 but then it was raised?

But...if they find cigarette butts along the pedestrian's route AND cigarette butts by the abandoned vehicle - and if the DNA matches, then I think it would be strong evidence.

jmo
If this guy was dumb enough to walk along flicking his cigarette butts on the ground then my guess is he will be found pretty soon. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia