Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the current search radius they are combing around the vehicle? Tia. Again, thanks for patiently answering my questions,, it’s always tough for me during the work week but I can catch up this weekend, but want to stay in the loop in the meantime.

Man, our Late Great @Foxfire would have had some good insight here I think.

Anyone here leaning toward an opportunistic crime? If so, Foxy might say he had been out hunting (“there’s a reason for what they do..” what was that saying he used to say, not “there’s a reason for the seasons” (that’s another one he said) but something about there’s a reason for everything they do..

If he just wanted a car and wasn’t a killer he would have dropped Hania off somewhere. :(

Unless she ID’d him in the struggle? Idk.

Anyway the car has been found, just still trying to wrap my head around all of this.

I/we have seen a lot of child abductions, hundreds if not thousands.

How often have we seen something like this?

The window of opportunity — there it is again nagging at me-/was Hania just at the wrong place at the wrong time? Or did he target HER?

I’m reminded of the killer of Jessica Cain and little Laura Smither. Same perp, despite Laura was little and Jessica was older (all these Jessica’s..).

Anyway, the perp, he said something about how he was an opportunistic killer, or someone else wrote about it, looking for article but iirc he said he would strike at any opportunity that arose, iirc—-mall. Etc.
If the perp is the man seen walking on video, he didn't seem to be in a hurry, so I would have to say it was a crime of opportunity. LE has said that he's the only one seen on video at the time of her abduction and his clothing seems to match the description given by witnesses. MOO

What is the current search radius they are combing around the vehicle? Tia. Again, thanks for patiently answering my questions,, it’s always tough for me during the work week but I can catch up this weekend, but want to stay in the loop in the meantime.
Don't get too far ahead. I work this weekend and won't be able to check in much. :)

But, please do solve the case. Don't wait for me on that!

jmo

"Now, we're asking anyone who lives within a mile of Quincey Drive to check your own property. Check your outsheds, your outbuildings. You know them better than we do," he said.

As hundreds of people are actively searching for the missing teen, members of the state's Emergency Management Division conducted grid searches where the vehicle was discovered.
As search for Hania Aguilar enters 5th day, FBI wants to talk to man seen in surveillance video :: WRAL.com

They may not have given a radius... I thought I remembered "1 mile," but I may have misremembered. Going back to look...

Man, our Late Great @Foxfire would have had some good insight here I think.

Anyone here leaning toward an opportunistic crime? If so, Foxy might say he had been out hunting (“there’s a reason for what they do..” what was that saying he used to say, not “there’s a reason for the seasons” (that’s another one he said) but something about there’s a reason for everything they do..

If he just wanted a car and wasn’t a killer he would have dropped Hania off somewhere. :(

Unless she ID’d him in the struggle? Idk.

Anyway the car has been found, just still trying to wrap my head around all of this.

I/we have seen a lot of child abductions, hundreds if not thousands.

How often have we seen something like this?

The window of opportunity — there it is again nagging at me-/was Hania just at the wrong place at the wrong time? Or did he target HER?

I’m reminded of the killer of Jessica Cain and little Laura Smither. Same perp, despite Laura was little and Jessica was older (all these Jessica’s..).

Anyway, the perp, he said something about how he was an opportunistic killer, or someone else wrote about it, looking for article but iirc he said he would strike at any opportunity that arose, iirc—-mall. Etc.

I think she was stalked, someone knew her morning routine. The mobile home park is pretty private. There is only 1 road in and out and it’s kind of tucked behind the car dealer and the mobile home dealer. You don’t see it from the main road. The only people in there are the ones that live there or those visiting people that live there. There is a housing development/neighborhood close by, and people from that neighbor might walk to or through the park. But there is no road from the neighborhood to the park.

Notes from last minute presser 11/9/18 3:30 PM (EST)

Police Chief Michael McNeill…
  • Breaks his heart that he has to stand there 5 days later to know Hania is still not back home to her mother, and to the community.
  • They are working hard to bring her home to her family.
  • In addition to the $15,000 reward being offered by the FBI, their governor office today reported they are giving an additional $5,000 reward to help find Hania.
  • Today the NC Emergency Management office conducted a ground search within a mile of where the stolen vehicle was found in the area of Quincey Dr.
  • The groups are specially trained to search for evidence that could help them to find HNA.
  • They checked all the abandoned buildings in the area that they could check.
  • They are now asking anyone who owns property within a mile of Quincey Dr to check their own property; check the out-sheds, outbuildings.
  • Call tip-line at 910-272-5871 if anyone sees anything unusual or out of place on their property.
  • They processed the SUV and are hoping it offers clues to bring Hania back home.
FBI Supervisory Senior Resident Agent Andy de la Rocha...
  • It’s been 24 hours since they’ve released the video of the man walking, and they still don’t have him identified.
  • Maybe someone recognizes the way he walks, his mannerisms, or maybe he will recognize himself on tv.
  • Described the video again.
  • From Hania’s mom, a message: You provided help. You can continue to provide help. We need your help. We need Hania to come home. You saw this man. You were in the cars. You know who he is. You know where he was coming from. Please come forward with information. We just want Hania home.
FBI Special Agent Liza Vita
  • Provided remarks in Spanish
Some Q&A notes (answered by FBI Supervisor Andy)…
  • The reward from the FBI is $15,000, the reward from the Governor’s office is $5,000
  • No number to put on how many volunteers, but safe to say there are “hundreds.”
  • Not willing to comment at this point on how long the SUV was there before they found it.
  • They have hundreds of leads that are coming in, and they are all being addressed individually.
  • They are asking folks on SM not to spread rumors, accusations, innuendos. Stick with the facts. They are sharing as much as they possible can with the public. Every time a false lead comes in, it drains the precious resources away from the logical leads. They don’t need the spread of rumors and false reports.
  • They are not going to comment on anything they may have found inside the SUV. It is an ongoing investigation, and they are processing.
  • “The person responsible, if they are watching this: we’re coming after you. We’re not going to stop. […]”
FBI Spokesperson Shelley Lynch…
  • They are working on updating the FBI poster. They are adding a photo, which was taken on Sunday, the day before she was kidnapped (previously posted on FBI Charlotte on Twitter).
  • Provided remarks regarding social media rumors.
  • How can you help? Tell them who the man is in the video.
@margarita25 here is rainy's summary of today's press conference.

BTW, thank you so much for all the news updates and summaries, @rainynights! Awesome job. :)

Here is all of the CCTV footage I could find! This includes about 14 minutes of footage from the FBI Helicopter where the SUV was found. Sorry but I when I uploaded my video to youtube somehow I lost my audio. But at least it can be viewed and if anyone has information contact the authorites!

Omg you guys! I’m only half way through this video and I can barely stomach it. I am on the verge of literally breaking down balling, this is Soooooo awful to watch (and could the music loop be any more impacting)...

Guys, this is really really awful - JR flashbacks and I don’t even think the cases are that much alike (perp forced JR into his own vehicle, took her to his home, et )...but I’m getting that awful dark feelng and awful awful flashback of her searches and where they found her (well half of her).

Guys this is bad. This does Not Get any easier, I’m thinking it could actually even get worse if there is such a thing.

If I could I’d jump on a plane right now to assist.

Can someone please bring me up to speed on the scope of the searches?

This is the first chance I’ve had time to look at the terrain and boy it’s wooded, fields etc.

I think we have the minds and experience to find her here, I really do.

It’s all speculation but I’m going with a disorganized, gangster like offender. This is moo and I could be way wrong.

I’m going to say younger as in under 40. I think I lean on the taller side, he seems to have that long leg slow basket player typ stroll, yes I think he’s smoking.

Again I haven’t even had a chance yet to read what you guys have said about this video.

I am soo sad in my heart for Hania and her family.

Re: disorganized, maybe he has just discarded along the border of the main road, past those brown brushes or whatever. I don’t anticipate she’s far off a main road but who really knows, especially if he had a place ready to take her to.

I’ve got that bad bad feeling in my gut, it comes on quite rarely but when it does it’s baaaad. I’m talking sick wvul bad.

Please let me be wrong. Going to try to somehow try to get past the second half of this video.

(Maybe Under 5? 6 to 8 miles? 11/22? Argh I don’t know...22-28? I feel like she’s close and but again I don’t know. I’m guessing under 30.

Moo, jmo.

Last edited:
"Now, we're asking anyone who lives within a mile of Quincey Drive to check your own property. Check your outsheds, your outbuildings. You know them better than we do," he said.

As hundreds of people are actively searching for the missing teen, members of the state's Emergency Management Division conducted grid searches where the vehicle was discovered.
As search for Hania Aguilar enters 5th day, FBI wants to talk to man seen in surveillance video :: WRAL.com

They may not have given a radius... I thought I remembered "1 mile," but I may have misremembered. Going back to look...
I’m about 5 miles away and they did a helicopter search here last night. We have been told to check our out-buildings and report anything suspicious. And to check any trail cams.

@margarita25 here is rainy's summary of today's press conference.

BTW, thank you so much for all the news updates and summaries, @rainynights! Awesome job. :)

Thank you so much.

I’m afraid of what they might have found in the vehicle.

Did they use the word “dire” after they found the vehicle? I thiiink they did?

Yes we know stats and time are against us and yes common sense says it’s getting dire but this is strong language for LE - as I said earlier as you usually hear this point saying more stuff about “hoping to bring her home alive....” maybe they did, didn’t see the video yet, ready to really dig in here), but just sayin it is dire and maybe that’s all there’s is to it.

Is there video link to this PC? Thanks so much. And as I said in the mass shooting thread @rainynights is an absolute gem and he/she has co tributed so much on these forums so thank you.

Last edited:
bbm Margarita that's an interesting theory and I would agree. Maybe LE should check their database for known car thieves in the area, maybe someone stands out. Maybe someone with a leg injury or something.

This is my amateur speculation profile jmo moo and all that (if I’m off how embarrassing but oh well, this is about Hania not me):

Black male (Looks black in the video but I can’t tell—like I’ve aaid twice now reminds me of the Seminole Shooter)

ETA: And is he wearing gloves? Hands shine. Is that the reverse effect of black hands? Or not? Seminole shooter appeared dressed all in white when he was really dressed all in black due to digital reverse lighting effect of camera):

6 feet
20-36
Criminal histories to POSSIBLY include:

Carjacking
Gang affiliation (MO of bandana over face, typical gang thing)
Armed robbery
Assault and Battery
DV
SA
Drugs
Maybe even prostitution type stuff like pimping or sex trafficking

(De ja vu—I’m asking for real, and I am not kidding I think I posted this same criminal history profile in Jayme’s thread??)

So has he ever done a home invasion?
(Just wondering due to the MOs of abduction and carjacking)

Again I could be waaay off.....

It’s so weird bc is the first times (Jayme and here both) that I’ve posted a profile such as this. Some of this is coming from my studies of shootings and gang incidents that often seem to have come up.)

Jmo moo. Nobody knows. If there is one thing we do know, expect the unexpected.

Last edited:
I've been looking but cannot find any reference in news reports as to whether Hania had her mobile phone with her when she disappeared, or whether the police have recovered it from her home or indeed if she had a phone?

Can anyone confirm?

Another question I have is whether the windows of the SUV were of the blacked out type? I will go back and look at the vehicle recovery photos, but just in case anyone knows..

Edit: Front passenger windows are clear, back windows are black. Taken from photo in previous thread of vehicle being transported by LE.

Last edited:
I can see why he would dump the car since everyone was looking for it...but to try to walk around controlling an unwilling 13-year old would be nearly impossible, I would think he has her captive in a house/trailer/shack or even the woods - somewhere nearby. Or he’s stolen another car. I just hope he has her still alive.

I’ve noticed some comments about there being a trail near Hania’s home and want to clarify. It’s not an obvious trail that a lot of strangers would use. It’s a wooded path that goes from the trailer park to the laundromat and grocery store. The only people that use it are the people living in the park and that’s only when they don’t have any other means of transportation. Generally around here you don’t just walk down a path in the woods unless you know where it leads. It’s too dangerous. The danger is not only from criminals, drug addicts or gangs. It’s also about homeowners with guns or guard dogs that will rip you apart.

I’ve lived here for 10 years and shop at that Food Lion a few times each week. I didn’t even realize there was a path there, until I started looking into this case. In general, there are rarely any people walking on the roads around that area. People drive they don’t walk.
Your local knowledge is much appreciated -- thank you!

I can see why he would dump the car since everyone was looking for it...but to try to walk around controlling an unwilling 13-year old would be nearly impossible, I would think he has her captive in a house/trailer/shack or even the woods - somewhere nearby. Or he’s stolen another car. I just hope he has her still alive.

I’m not getting an alive vibe one bit based on a few things unfortunately such as MO etc, moo jmo.

I hope that I’m proven wrong and that I’m way off on this “case”.

It’s about 15 miles south of her home. Two very different parts of town.

This sounds like a good number (I don’t even know what you guys are talking about yet) but mileage wise I’m having a hard time so I’d say 15 is a fair “range”..again probably not even what you guys are talking about (catching up I swear)).

EaTa:
But car was found at 6 miles

So maybe 4-8ish?

—-

What has the weather been since she was abducted? Tia.

Last edited:
Just an observation after watching the helicopter footage: the dog never really tracks into the woods, but always seems to stay in the open areas and edges. I think that is telling, in that if Hania was in the wooded areas near the car, the dog would have tracked and alerted. Whoever left the green SUV there, either had to walk out of the area or leave in another vehicle. I wonder if a 2nd vehicle followed the green SUV in there, or maybe a 2nd vehicle was left there ahead of the dump, so the perp could get away quickly and w/o leaving a scent on the ground.

He would have had to have taken her somewhere to park the car so he could assault her. And then kill her. And it would be very soon after the abduction, under ten minutes bc usually these nutjobs sick sexual adrenaline is pumping, moo. Maybe she has been disposed of a few miles shy of the vehicle dump? Maybe along the side of the road...behind the brush border, not sure if the terrain there would lend itself to field vs ,woods need to look at the map..

What are the dirt road turn offs on between the abduction site and vehicle dump site, then further ahead in case he circled back red herring style but I doubt it. Moo jmo

Another thing he would not want to drive any distance with a body and hot car.

She is close moo.

The more I think about to the closer she is.

We will see I hope. I hope they find her soon and have as much evidence as possible.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer. I know it’s important to retain faith and hope. Miracles can happen. And someone like me could just be biased based on too many abduction cases.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member