Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drones and dogs enlisted in search for missing Lumberton 13-year-old
Federal, state and local law enforcement teams continued searching for Hania Aguilar over the weekend, employing drones and dogs on Saturday to try to find the kidnapped Lumberton teenager.

A statement the FBI issued on Saturday said authorities were following investigative leads in addition to searching on foot and with drones.

Agents also asked Robeson County residents to inspect their own yards for anything unusual or out of place. Anyone who finds something that doesn’t belong there is asked to call the tip line — 910-272-5871 — or call 911. Officials are also asking that people use the hashtag #FindHania on social media.

Residents shouldn’t touch anything they find that is unfamiliar, because it could damage possible evidence.

“You know your property best and can most easily determine if something is worth contacting law enforcement,” the FBI said.

It must have been Rockfish. I remember stopping at a HoJos near Fayetteville on the way.

So is anyone in LE checking on camps? Seems to me it’d be a perfect hideout anytime but in the summer.

Hard to believe no one’s talking...
JMO because I grew up in a small NC town.

Yes, my hometown being L'ton makes me a small-town kid, too. And people do talk -- I know some people don't trust LE and don't like to talk to LE, but there's a sweet little 13 y/o in this thing, very possibly in danger either with her kidnapper, or wandering around alone in an unfamiliar woods. or locked in a room, or worse. I keep thinking of the retired Raleigh Chief of Police saying to me, "People talk." I hope LE is getting some leads from some of the local people.
Every day that passes makes a good recovery less possible, in my negative-default mind. I worry about this innocent, smiling young teenager.

It looks very much like the one my nephew has that allows him to fly by himself when he travels between his parents.

p.s. It's not a Real ID, it's the older kind.

eta: correction, nephew has been a teenager for a while :p Man they grow fast when you're not watching.

Last edited:
I’m trying to find out what exactly Hania’s ID is and why a 13 year old would have one. Anybody know?
View attachment 156134
My son just turned 13 2 weeks ago. He has a state issues ID because he flies back and forth between Indiana and here in Florida alone. While it is not required but suggested especially if they look younger than their age for boarding purposes.

I just posted this in the media thread:

Nov 14 2018

Por su parte, el sacerdote de la Iglesia Católica San Andrés de Red Springs dijo que la menor asistía a clases de confirmación y que se trataba de una niña tranquila.

Asimismo, señaló que este sería un caso al azar y aislado. “Ella salió sólo a encender el auto debido al clima. Ella nunca hace eso: encender el auto para que caliente”, dijo.

Sin embargo, consideró que no se trataría de un secuestro por dinero, ya que la familia no ha recibido ningún llamado pidiendo rescate. “Hace cinco años que vivo en la zona y nunca había visto y escuchado de un caso similar.

Google Translate of above text:

For his part, the priest of the Catholic Church San Andrés de Red Springs said that the minor attended confirmation classes and that she was a quiet child.

He also pointed out that this would be a random and isolated case. "She went out just to start the car because of the weather. She never does that: turn on the car to warm up, "he said.

However, he considered that it would not be a kidnapping for money, since the family has not received any call for a ransom. "I've lived in the area for five years and I've never seen and heard of a similar case.

¿Dónde está Hania Noelia Aguilar?

BBM. Does anyone know Spanish? If the Google translate of the Priest's words is accurate, then this was not a regular event for Hania to turn on the car.

I’m trying to find out what exactly Hania’s ID is and why a 13 year old would have one. Anybody know?
View attachment 156134

It is a NC state ID card:
web1_aguilar_ne20181158551853.jpg

13-year-old girl kidnapped; police seek green Ford Expedition with license tag NWS 984 | Robesonian

Also note that she got this ID in 2016 when she was 10 years old, almost 11.

Just speculation, but she might have gotten it in anticipation of the Federal Real ID law that was going to go into effect in NC in 2017: Real ID raises gold-star privacy issues
NC believes it now complies with REAL ID Act, state driver's licenses will remain valid for Fort Bragg access
I recall a big deal being made in the airports about Americans from certain states not being able to travel domestically by plane without either a "Real ID" or a US passport -- some states did not adopt "Real ID" right away. But that is just my speculation as to why she got it in 2016. Maybe there were other things she wanted/needed a State ID for such as a school field trip. JMO.

I just posted this in the media thread:

Nov 14 2018

Por su parte, el sacerdote de la Iglesia Católica San Andrés de Red Springs dijo que la menor asistía a clases de confirmación y que se trataba de una niña tranquila.

Asimismo, señaló que este sería un caso al azar y aislado. “Ella salió sólo a encender el auto debido al clima. Ella nunca hace eso: encender el auto para que caliente”, dijo.

Sin embargo, consideró que no se trataría de un secuestro por dinero, ya que la familia no ha recibido ningún llamado pidiendo rescate. “Hace cinco años que vivo en la zona y nunca había visto y escuchado de un caso similar.

Google Translate of above text:

For his part, the priest of the Catholic Church San Andrés de Red Springs said that the minor attended confirmation classes and that she was a quiet child.

He also pointed out that this would be a random and isolated case. "She went out just to start the car because of the weather. She never does that: turn on the car to warm up, "he said.

However, he considered that it would not be a kidnapping for money, since the family has not received any call for a ransom. "I've lived in the area for five years and I've never seen and heard of a similar case.

¿Dónde está Hania Noelia Aguilar?

BBM. Does anyone know Spanish? If the Google translate of the Priest's words is accurate, then this was not a regular event for Hania to turn on the car.
It is accurate

From the DMV website...
You can be of any age to apply for a NC ID card. To be eligible, you must:
  • Not have a current driver's license.
  • Be able to prove your:
    • Full name.
    • Date of birth.
    • Social Security Number.
    • Legal presence.
    • NC residency.

From the DMV website...
You can be of any age to apply for a NC ID card. To be eligible, you must:
  • Not have a current driver's license.
  • Be able to prove your:
    • Full name.
    • Date of birth.
    • Social Security Number.
    • Legal presence.
    • NC residency.

She may be on Medicaid, they are now requiring photo identification for services in several states. Although, if she is a Legal Permanent resident, she would have a green card with a picture. So, maybe she is a citizen. Not that it matters either way.

Sad that she has not been found.

Active search involves dogs, drones for kidnapped Lumberton teen Hania Aguilar
The FBI said Saturday that agents are conducting searches on foot and using drones and K-9s as part of the search for Hania Noelia Aguilar. The SBI used a search dog named Bart to help in the search on Saturday.

Officials made a specific plea this week that people stop spreading rumors about the case, which was slowing down the investigation.

When asked about a timeline of events and possible scenarios in finding Aguilar, de la Rocha said "our approach is that she’s alive" and "we have no evidence that indicates otherwise.”

De la Rocha wouldn't comment on what type of evidence was collected and sent for analysis. However, he did say the person seen walking in the area of where Aguilar went missing on video released last week remains unidentified.

He also said "we don’t ever set a time table on our investigations" when asked if there was a point in which the search would be called off.
I still have hope that the pending results from FBI's Quantico will provide the DNA, etc. to locate person responsible for Hania's abduction. Find the abductor, and you'll find Hania.

Good thinking!

Who lives where is a bit muddled. o_O
However, for some cultures this is the norm. Some in the hispanic community, esp. in agriculture are still transient still going state to state when the crops are ready to harvest. Or many live in one household in poor communities (aka mobile home parks) to make ends meet and rent is affordable. Often fathers figures are not present. Often in these communities the elders do not speak English but the children do and serve as translaters. Last names and first names may be muddled as I believe sometimes the first name or maybe it's middle name is sometimes the surname.

It is a cultural lifestyle that is a norm for some and nothing wrong with it. JMO.

Praying today is the day Hania is found safe!

On Interstate 85 South in Greenville, SC, on the way to a football game yesterday, I saw the local Fox News Channel has a fairly large electronic billboard at their station right on the side of the interstate that had Hania’s picture and information! It can be seen going north and south.
So nice to see that on such a heavily traveled interstate!!
Pray it helps, and fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member