Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it fair to say we don’t know specifically what her normal transportation routine is? Unless somebody knows something I don’t, there doesn’t appear to be anything weird going on at all. Certainly nothing that should end with an abduction.

she was going to the bus stop after warming car....leave it running??? keys in????

Maybe it's the fact that she was not getting a ride to school in the car she was warming but instead had to take the school bus.Then this nightmare because of it. Or even "if" she was told to go warm the car when its 70 degrees.

I have to warm up my clunker before I can drive it out of my driveway for at least 5 to 10 minutes or else it will die. Even when it is warm outside. Yes , I know I should get a new car where I don't have to do this but that is a long story.

In other words the fact that she warmed the car up even though it was 70 degrees outside really is not unusual or strange IMO.

In many trailer parks the school bus has just one location to stop, usually at an office or community center. Children who live on the far side of the park still have a considerable walk to get to that stop, and depending on the environment it might not be unusual at all for adults to give kids a lift, especially if it fits right into their daily going-to-work routine. Without any info to say this was unusual for Hania’s situation I’m going to assume it’s not.

In many trailer parks the school bus has just one location to stop, usually at an office or community center. Children who live on the far side of the park still have a considerable walk to get to that stop, and depending on the environment it might not be unusual at all for adults to give kids a lift, especially if it fits right into their daily going-to-work routine. Without any info to say this was unusual for Hania’s situation I’m going to assume it’s not.
Agree!
I looked the trailer park up on Google Earth & depending on where the lot is in relation to the entrance of the park, it sure looked like it could be a long walk. I’d certainly be driving my kids to it & picking them up from it daily.
MOO

Found this looking thru their local crime page: Suspect identified in murder | Robesonian

Always dangerous when a wanted felon on the run is hiding from the law. The murder took place within a 20 minute radius and who is to say that he wasn't hiding out in a mobile home park or a motel..

That's a good point. I was going to mention that one of the common reasons around here for a carjacking is to get a getaway car for another crime. Like they'll snatch and grab in a high-end mall, dash out into the parking lot, and grab the first car driving by. Then they'll abandon that one and steal another a few miles down the road.

But I wasn't sure what kind of crime he could have been fleeing in a trailer park on Monday morning. Domestic? Robbery? A murderer hanging out would certainly have the motivation.

North Carolina state troopers questioned drivers Tuesday morning along a road near where police said a 13-year-old girl was kidnapped Monday while waiting for a ride to school in Lumberton.

Search enters second day for 13-year-old NC girl abducted from front yard

That has never changed. She was waiting for a ride. Whether to school itself, or the bus stop to get to school... she was waiting for a ride. This isn't in dispute.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

In this one it says she was starting the car and waiting in the rest of the family coming out to drive to school!
In another it says she was getting a lift to the bus stop. I’m not going to look for that one as where she was getting a lift too doesn’t matter!! She was supposed to get in the car to go somewhere bustop or school with her family but never got the chance!

<modsnip - rude>

AMBER ALERT | What We Know About Missing NC Teen Hania Aguilar

Last edited by a moderator:
Some rough notes from presser, 3:30 EST 11/6/18

Lumberton Police Chief Michael MacNeill...
  • Every travel related business, including truck stops, have received Hania’s poster and were asked to print it out and post it inside their businesses.
  • They have received numerous requests to release the 911 call, and they are working on that request and hope to have it released soon.
  • Initial reports described the abductor as a black male. After follow up interviews, the witness did not see the race because he was wearing all black including long sleeves, and a bandanna over his face. And it was still dark out.
  • Call 911 if you see the stolen green 2002 Ford Expedition with SC license plate NWS-984
FBI Supervisor...
  • The FBI’s CARD team arrived yesterday afternoon. The team has specialized training in investigating missing children cases.
  • The most important part of the investigative team is the public.
  • Sometimes people think they don’t have important information to share; please, let them decide. Call the tip line.
  • Also announced a reward of up to $15,000 that leads investigators to the location of Hania. They will be adding that reward information to the English and Spanish missing posters.
  • Hania’s family is working with them and fully cooperating with investigators to locate the teen.
  • Hania’s mother asked to share a message to her daughter, which was shared in the presser (see video).
Some rough Q&A notes:
  • They are following all logical leads to include any reported sightings at all. As soon as they have any information that is relevant, that they feel is important to share, they will get it out as soon as possible.
  • Owner of vehicle is still cooperating. Due to privacy, they are not going to disclose that information.
  • They are following all logical leads, they don’t have any information to indicate any gang activity involved in her disappearance.
  • They don’t have any reason to indicate that she was targeted; they are exploring all options, not ruling anything out at this point.
  • At this point in the investigation, they’re not at a point where they’ll able to rule anything out at this point. They are looking at all potential options.
  • Please share the updated picture that was pushed out by the FBI last night. They had more detailed information to get a more exact photo. They worked with the family to get that photo specifically. The biggest clue they have right now is that vehicle, that she was pushed into.
Video: Live video of presser via WBTW News13 on Facebook

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Amber Alert: Search continues for abducted Lumberton 13-year-old

"Police said the eighth-grader had taken her aunt's keys to start the vehicle to prepare to leave for the bus stop."

Congratulations... you got me to make my first post. I live in NC, and because bus stops often do not come directly into neighborhoods, we have parents/family members dropping off kids at bus stops or even sitting there with them. This is not an uncommon thing here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member