Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, be patient with me as I get this gang-idea processed. I know most aren't seeing a gang connection, but I'm not ready to give it up just yet.

Another indication of gang member - OR experienced perp - is that this abduction was very brazen. People are awake in the trailer park, going to work and school. There is only one way out of the park. The perp didn't lure the victim or abduct her while she was in an isolated place - but he took her where anyone potentially could've seen him (and did see him) or came after him. To me, that seems like an experienced criminal and one with the bravado of a gang member. I'm still leaning toward crime of opportunity, and only an experienced criminal would recognize this as an opportunity he could get away with. It was a very risky, bold move.

jmo

The boldness might not be rational thought...it could be drug induced. Big meth problem here. And it could also be related to child trafficking. A pretty, young girl could mean a good price. A good price means more drugs...

I’m in the Lumberton/Robeson area weekly for work & live close to that area. The bandanna is simply a bandanna. Nothing more. There is a prison in the area & a CRV, which houses probation violators for 90 days. A large portion of the community is Lumbee Native American, or Hispanic. These are hard-working people, who suffered through Hurricane Florence. There is drugs, crime and the normal issues you find when people make bad decisions. This child didn’t know her abductor. It’s what makes this crime so wrong, so horrible & unfair. The LI knows that, it’s why the FBI was called in immediately. Prayers for this family.
Thanks Bewitched229. Good level-headed report on the local environment.

I'm leaning towards the bandanna being arbitrary, also. I have yellow bandanna, too. It is a Jose Cuervo tequila bandanna I've had for many, many years.

My first thought was sexual predator.
I have not 100% ruled out gang related.
I just posted about trafficking.
And there is also mental illness or drug induced insanity.
Good list.

I don't normally jump on the trafficking bandwagon on cases, but that is on my list of possibilities for this abduction. I recall in my area that some perp was cruising streets before school started in the morning, trying to get young teens on their way to school, with the implication he was a trafficker. In that case, he had a car and wasn't stealing a vehicle while also grabbing girls, but the hour of day is similar, fwiw.

Drug-induced also is a possibility - hadn't thought of that yet, but you're right. Could have been someone up all night on drugs?

jmo

Lumberton is a stopping point for people traveling on Interstate 95. It’s the only town with easy on/off access to the highway for food and hotels in southeast NC. It is also where people head east on Rt 74 to get to Wilmington or Myrtle Beach.

From the mobile home park, the perp drove East on Rt 41. He could have made a left on Linkhaw and then it’s only a few miles to the Interstate. Atlanta is a hub of trafficking and one would take 95 to head south.

I don't know anything about these criminal gangs and their colors - but I would suggest that criminal scumbags like this kidnapper do know all about these things.

MS-13 has a strong presence in Charlotte, North Carolina per Wikipedia (see map under header "Presence")
MS-13 - Wikipedia

The gangs have allies and rivals. The Latin Kings and MS-13/Surenos are rivals.
Latin Kings (gang) - Wikipedia

Does anyone know the ethnic group of this victim family and child? iirc MS-13 in particular preys on people from Central America. Would an MS-13 wear Latin King colors to commit this crime? MS-13 is involved in people smuggling, human trafficking and child prsotitution among other criminal activities.

Hania's surname Aguilar is Spanish for eagle, so it is widely distributed (unlike some names and spelling variants).

Why did Aunt say no? Was this an unusual request?
The younger Sister provided this information, and is featured in the Fox news video at the link. She also described the perp as dressed in black, wearing a black hoodie, and scarf covering his face. She illustrates this with her hands how the scarf is worn. The child sounds very credible, and I believe she may have been the spokesperson because she spoke English in the home. I'd like more information about the Aunt objecting to Hania taking the keys. What was the temperature on Monday? Was warming the SUV that morning reasonable?

Lumberton is a stopping point for people traveling on Interstate 95. It’s the only town with easy on/off access to the highway for food and hotels in southeast NC. It is also where people head east on Rt 74 to get to Wilmington or Myrtle Beach.

From the mobile home park, the perp drove East on Rt 41. He could have made a left on Linkhaw and then it’s only a few miles to the Interstate. Atlanta is a hub of trafficking and one would take 95 to head south.
Thinking aloud: If he was trafficking, why pick a trailer park with one entrance that is not directly on 95? Why steal a car - did he ditch a car nearby and enter the park to steal a car and nab a girl? That doesn't seem efficient - how would he know there would be a car and a girl to take? This doesn't mean he isn't a trafficker, but perhaps took the opportunity to traffic rather than entered the trailer park to grab a teenager.

We need to know HOW this guy got into the trailer park and when. That's going to be a big clue. Wandered in on foot? Rode in as a passenger? Drove in himself?

Was he there overnight? Been there for days? Arrived that morning?

I think the key is finding out this info. jmo

Good list.

I don't normally jump on the trafficking bandwagon on cases, but that is on my list of possibilities for this abduction. I recall in my area that some perp was cruising streets before school started in the morning, trying to get young teens on their way to school, with the implication he was a trafficker. In that case, he had a car and wasn't stealing a vehicle while also grabbing girls, but the hour of day is similar, fwiw.

Drug-induced also is a possibility - hadn't thought of that yet, but you're right. Could have been someone up all night on drugs?

jmo

The county is also in a mental health crisis. Hurricane Matthew really knocked us all out two years ago and Florence kicked us when we were down. The whole town has PTSD.

Thinking aloud: If he was trafficking, why pick a trailer park with one entrance that is not directly on 95? Why steal a car - did he ditch a car nearby and enter the park to steal a car and nab a girl? That doesn't seem efficient - how would he know there would be a car and a girl to take? This doesn't mean he isn't a trafficker, but perhaps took the opportunity to traffic rather than entered the trailer park to grab a teenager.

We need to know HOW this guy got into the trailer park and when. That's going to be a big clue. Wandered in on foot? Rode in as a passenger? Drove in himself?

Was he there overnight? Been there for days? Arrived that morning?

I think the key is finding out this info. jmo

Yes it is key. I’m sure LE are focused on that.

The trafficking angle I’m thinking is a planned abduction for the purpose of making money. To sell her into trafficking. Like a sexual predator that would stalk and take her for his own gratification.

The younger Sister provided this information, and is featured in the Fox news video at the link. She also described the perp as dressed in black, wearing a black hoodie, and scarf covering his face. She illustrates this with her hands how the scarf is worn. The child sounds very credible, and I believe she may have been the spokesperson because she spoke English in the home. I'd like more information about the Aunt objecting to Hania taking the keys. What was the temperature on Monday? Was warming the SUV that morning reasonable?

I wonder why they didn't have the sister talk to the 911 dispatcher?
Obviously not ideal but if she spoke English it could have aided in the response time.
We've seen that before so I wondered why not in this case.

I can't for the life of me see this as just being random. What are the chances? A random criminal happens to be walking through a random trailer park at 6:30 am in the morning?? Then, the randomness goes further, because an unaccompanied teenager just happens to be outside and warming up a car by herself at that hour. And then this random criminal in a random place at this random time, just decides to NOT steal the car. But to steal the girl AND the car.

Add to that, he was obviously not driving another car to park and take this one or they'd have found his or some other abandoned car. He couldn't have had his own car parked somewhere nearby, or they'd have found the aunt's stolen SUV.

The only reasonable explanation that I can come up with, is someone that is somehow connected to this family. OR, more likely, someone that was living in the park across the street or within view of this family/girl and knew her sometime movements in the early morning. Then it would seem if there was someone from the trailer park that is "missing" or has been gone for several days that they'd be investigating that.

Man, it just seems like nothing makes sense on this case. It's frustrating to not have a single clue this far in!!

Thanks for all of your ideas on this one everyone!

Maybe the perp is someone known to Hania, and that is also why they wore the bandanna for the abduction.
Yes or he is known by other family members. It is a chance he is keeping her alive because why cover your face if you are only going to dispose (sorry!) of your victim.
I am just jumping in and have not read all if this was discussed already,pardon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member