Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’ve been so caught into reading a couple other cases I didn’t even know about this one. I refreshed my page for new posts this morning. First I’m hearing of this one. As I’m grumbling about the snow that suddenly appeared in my part of The world at 6:30 am and wishing I didn’t have to get out , get the baby out and haul my 8th grade daughter to school ... I was slapped with perspective , gratefulness that I have a 8th grade little girl to take off to school. This could be any of us. Man I feel for this family I have no words. Just good thoughts prayers and hoping this ends up with a happy ending. I’m only on page 5. So I still have optimism. Man it’s hard

Agreed! And this was confirmed by FBI Supervisor Andy in the recent presser - the individual is not a POI, and not a suspect.

He really may not be but I have seen the police say this same thing before and they did turnout to be the suspect all along.

Sometimes the police already knew it when they said they just wanted to talk to them.

Sometimes it's done so the POI or suspect isn't spooked or family members of the suspect. They want him to believe they dont suspect him and only needs his help. Many times it's all a ploy they use.

Jmo tho

Looks like a 22-minute walk to the mobile home park. Google Maps

Do we know the time of the video with the man walking?

In the presser, LE said that this was the only individual caught on surveillance walking in the area "in the hour leading up to the kidnapping." So I would put the tentative time stamp of the video between 530 and 630am?

Looks like a 22-minute walk to the mobile home park. Google Maps

Do we know the time of the video with the man walking?
What is so odd is that he doesn't seem particularly in any rush to get anywhere. He's moving along, not strolling, but also doesn't seem anxious about the time, ykwim? Yet, the abduction happened in a flash - with literally just a moment of opportunity to take Hania and the running vehicle.

jmo

He really may not be but I have seen the police say this same thing before and they did turnout to be the suspect all along.

Sometimes the police already knew it when they said they just wanted to talk to them.

Sometimes it's done so the POI or suspect isn't spooked or family members of the suspect. They want him to believe they dont suspect him and only needs his help. Many times it's all a ploy they use.

Jmo tho

Delete.

In the presser, LE said that this was the only individual caught on surveillance walking in the area "in the hour leading up to the kidnapping." So I would put the tentative time stamp of the video between 530 and 630am?
As we sort of talked about on the thread - it was not the norm for pedestrians to be in the area. And we wondered how the perp got to the trailer park. Seems as if he walked in and wasn't a visitor. I suppose he could be a resident who went out of a smoke, but seems like someone from elsewhere who walked in.

So....walked in to get Hania? Seems so strange and risky. Yet, there he is (if this is indeed the perp, which we don't know yet).

jmo

Are there any 24 hour businesses in the area he was walking? Or any place that closes early in the morning? I'm wondering if the walking man got off from a late night or early morning job and was possibly walking home? Or I suppose he could be walking to work if he is not the suspect-- anything that opens near the timeframe he was seen walking?
Route: Google Maps

JMO
That latest picture of him walking was most likely an Infrared night vision camera which works by using heat signature and so we are definitely seeing heat in his hand when he brings his hand to his face.

If that is a cigarette I hope LE has combed the street there looking for a cigarette butt he could have dropped.

Below describes how some night cameras work using infrared technology.

How Infrared Cameras Work

It looks like the guy walking in the surveillance video is smoking. You can see the flash going to and from his face repeatedly. Perhaps this a silly long shot, but do you think they would have checked the ground along that road he walked for cigarette butts (for DNA)?

I was just thinking of something. The FBI released the video of the man walking fairly quickly in my opinion, and before running it through their fancy enhancement software. I'm thinking they did NOT find any evidence in the vehicle that would cause them to think HNA is deceased. That's a good thing, right?!

I just feel like if they did not have any hope of finding her alive they would not have put the video out. Trying to stay positive here!! What do you all think?

JMO
That latest picture of him walking was most likely an Infrared night vision camera which works by using heat signature and so we are definitely seeing heat in his hand when he brings his hand to his face.

If that is a cigarette I hope LE has combed the street there looking for a cigarette butt he could have dropped.

Below describes how some night cameras work using infrared technology.

How Infrared Cameras Work
DNA from a dropped butt would be awesome. Fingers crossed.

jmo

Good call. I posted the link to this thread in the Breaking News thread.

Here's the link for anyone who wants to watch this thread:
***BREAKING NEWS!***
I agree I didn’t know about this until today Thursday. My banner at the top has another case i was wrapped up in that. Totally missing this one. Something at the top like that for amber alerts maybe?

I agree I didn’t know about this until today Thursday. My banner at the top has another case i was wrapped up in that. Totally missing this one. Something at the top like that for amber alerts maybe?

I posted this earlier over in the breaking news thread. I would also like to see Hania’s AA on the front header along with CW.

What is so odd is that he doesn't seem particularly in any rush to get anywhere. He's moving along, not strolling, but also doesn't seem anxious about the time, ykwim? Yet, the abduction happened in a flash - with literally just a moment of opportunity to take Hania and the running vehicle.

jmo

(The videos remind me a lot of Trey (Seminole shooter), moo, the similarity of the videos and the way he’s just walking...)

Last edited:
It’s not a shadow. I can see it on my MAC, zoomed as far in as I could & can see the inside of the car, part of the steering wheel, no reflection is coming from that area.
OPTarheel2018 could be right about a smoker! I hope so!! Gotta be cigarette butts somewhere! Moo
@OPTarheel2018 IF the man shown in the latest camera video ends up being the perp, you were absolutely right about the smoker. The man in the video is smoking a cigarette.
The window on the SUV being slightly open would make sense!! IMO

I REALLY miss the box on the right side of the screen that used to show the most recent threads that have been posted to. That used to be how I caught new/busy threads. I just today realized the DNV thread is back open (it opened Sunday or Monday).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia