NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, Lumberton, MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NOV 28, 2018 - Article is in Spanish; translated with Google Translate

Tía de Hania Aguilar confirma muerte de la menor secuestrada el 5 de noviembre
In a brief message on Facebook relatives of Hania Aguilar confirmed that the body found by the authorities on Tuesday, is the child under 13 kidnapped on November 5 in front of his home in Lumberton.

"Your departure is painful, my princess, but I know that in heaven you will be happy! There will be no more suffering for you, my child ... There are no words to describe so much pain," wrote Jenia Slusher, aunt of Hania.

NOV 28, 2018
Body found has been identified as kidnapped NC 13-year-old Hania Aguilar, FBI says
The body that the FBI and Lumberton police found in Robeson County was positively identified Wednesday as kidnapped 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar.

Lumberton police detectives and FBI agents discovered the body in an area near Wire Grass Road in Lumberton about 4:45 p.m. Tuesday, the FBI said in a news release.

The body was removed from the scene Tuesday and taken to the state crime lab in Raleigh, according to the FBI. On Wednesday, the FBI and Lumberton police announced that the body had been identified as Hania.

The FBI said it has no persons of interest “at this time” and no arrests had been made in the case as of Wednesday afternoon.

An autopsy will be completed by the state medical examiner’s office to determine cause of death, McNeil said, and dental records will be used to further identify the body.

The FBI said her body was “not obvious” and the area it was found “cannot be seen from the road.”

NOV 28, 2018
FBI identifies body found in Lumberton as Hania Aguilar
"Last night, I had to explain to Hania's mother what we had found," said Andy de la Rocha, senior supervisory resident agent, FBI.

The scene is a little over three miles from where the stolen SUV was recovered.
Investigators would not describe the condition of the body. De la Rocha said he did not have any information as to whether Hania was killed where she was found or elsewhere.

"We believe we found Hania, but our work is far from over.We have to find out how she died and who did this to her. We have to bring the person responsible to justice," de la Rocha said.

"There's evidence at the scene and tips from the public and CCTV footage and otherwise-- all of it will help piece together what happened to Hania," de la Rocha said.

But, the FBI is asking for the public to help to determine how and when the body was placed on Wire Grass Road. Anyone with surveillance video of any kind in that area is asked to call the tip line at 910-272-5871.

““This is the outcome that we all feared,” he said. “We did not want to hear this. We wanted to bring Hania back home and bring her back home alive to our community. It hurts.”

He pledged to bring whoever is responsible to justice. Investigators said they don’t have a suspect or person of interest.“

Body found in North Carolina appears to be missing 13-year-old girl; suspect sought

“"We will not stop until we find the person or persons responsible, and we bring them to justice. We will not stop until we do that," he said.“

Body found in North Carolina identified as kidnapped teenager

November 28, 2018

Body Found in Robeson County Preliminarily Identified as Missing Lumberton Teen

The Lumberton Police Department and the FBI received notification late this afternoon from the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office that a body found yesterday is believed to be Hania Aguilar. A final confirmation will be done with an official dental record comparison.

“We are absolutely devastated. I wish we had a different outcome for Hania’s family, for the community, and for the hundreds of law enforcement officers and searchers who put everything they had into finding her alive,” said Lumberton Police Chief Michael McNeill.

Body Found in Robeson County Preliminarily Identified as Missing Lumberton Teen

"”This is heart wrenching that I've got to do this," McNeill said. "This is absolutely devastating. I wish we had a different outcome for Hania's family; for the community she lived in; and for the hundreds of law enforcement officers and searchers who put everything -- everything -- they had into finding her and bringing her back alive."“

Body found in Robeson identified as Hania Aguilar, officials say :: WRAL.com

—-

“The body was found Tuesday afternoon in Robeson County, the FBI said in a statement, just a few miles from Hania's home.”

Hania Noelia Aguilar: Body found identified as missing North Carolina 13-year-old

——

“The area where the body was found is not visible from the road, de la Rocha said. Asked if the body was buried under debris, he said: "it was not something that was obvious."

He described the area as a body of water but not formally a pond.“

Body found in North Carolina believed to be abducted 13-year-old girl

—-

“We believe we found Hania, but our work is far from over. We have to find out how she died and who did this to her. We have to bring the person responsible to justice," FBI Supervisory Resident Agent Andy de la Rocha said.

Authorities are seeking the public's help to determine when and how the body was left on Wire Grass Road, south of Lumberton and several miles from the girl's home. They asked those with surveillance cameras near Wire Grass Road to call the tip line at 910-272-5871.“

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/11/27/us...und/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/&rm=1

—-

“Authorities wouldn’t elaborate on whether the body was concealed but said it was not visible from the road or obvious to people passing by. Investigators spent Wednesday combing the area in daylight after finding the body the previous night.

The cause of death wasn’t released, pending an autopsy. Investigators would not describe the condition of the body. An FBI official said he did not have any information as to whether Hania was killed where she was found or elsewhere.

The SUV Hania was forced into was found several miles south of her mobile home park. The body was found a few miles farther away.“

Body found in North Carolina appears to be missing 13-year-old girl; suspect sought

—-

“Investigators have not said how Hania may have been killed, and no other information was released about the discovery. Officials said that information was being withheld pending the arrest of the person responsible.“

Body found believed to be kidnapped North Carolina teen

NOV 28, 2018
BREAKING: Body found confirmed as 13-year-old missing girl, Hania Aguilar
“Don’t spread your speculations about this case,” FBI supervising Agent Andy De la Rocha said. “Every logical lead that comes into the tip line….we follow up thoroughly. By putting things out there that are blatantly false and are not released by the Lumberton Police Department, the FBI, the SBI, the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office, [or] the North Carolina Highway Patrol are false. They’re misleading; they’re simply inaccurate.”

Authorities asked anyone in the area with surveillance cameras to look closely for anything that may be of interest in the case, which led to surveillance footage of the Wire Grass Road area.

NOV 28, 2018
Body found Tuesday in Lumberton identified as Hania Aguilar
FBI agent Andy De la Rocha said investigators collected more evidence from the scene Wednesday morning. He said investigators were not immediately able to determine how long the body had been where it was found.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/...d-body-as-kidnapped-north-carolina-teen-girl/
Lumberton Police Chief Michael McNeill told reporters at a news conference that state crime lab tests indicate the body found late Tuesday is Hania Aguilar. While a final determination will be made with dental records, investigators believe the body is hers.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/27/us/north-
carolina-missing-teen-search-body-found/index.html
Authorities are seeking the public's help to determine when and how the body was left on Wire Grass Road, south of Lumberton and several miles from the girl's home. They asked those with surveillance cameras near Wire Grass Road to call the tip line at 910-272-5871.

NOV 28, 2018
Community remembers short life of Hania Aguilar
People come to church for answers, for rest and often to find what once was lost.

Many like 13-year-old, M, who went to church with Hania, came to pray and to remember his friend. "Most of her friends didn't want to talk about it, they're pretty devastated," he said.

Devastated: A word you don't often hear during a church service.

Some of Hania's family's friends say the family is just absolutely devastated.

A celebration of hania's life is being planned for this weekend...As soon as we get those details we will share them with you.

NOV 28, 2018
Body found in Robeson identified as Hania Aguilar, officials say :: WRAL.com - Video of CS' interview at the link
Neighbors at the Rose Wood Mobile Home Park said Aguilar’s kidnapping and death have impacted them deeply.

CS was one of only a few seen playing outside in the mobile home park. “I don’t see no one coming outside no more like they used to,” he said. “Everybody has been staying in the house lately.”

“I can’t even bring my brother and sister out here no more,” he continued. “It’s tough, and they can’t even go to school. They ride the bus.”

Throughout the neighborhood, bicycles sat unused in front yards as parents kept their children inside.

CS said he was there when Aguilar disappeared Nov. 5. Like other witnesses, he said it happened so fast. “That morning I was actually out,” Santos said. “I heard screaming, and I saw a car hitting the gas out the trailer park.”

A friend of the family who visited the Aguilar home Wednesday said Hania’s mother was devastated.

NOV 28, 2018
Lumberton community shaken by discover of Hania Aguilar's body
"She was kind and nice and very calm," said Aguilar's friend AB.

"It really has shaken us because no one expects it to be in your backyard," said Dr. Shanita Wooten, the superintendent of Robeson County Schools. Wooten said her heart sank when she first received the call from Lumberton police Tuesday.

Aguilar was kidnapped just feet from her front door back on Nov. 5. Since then, the school district — including teachers, administrators, staff and parents — has tried to help Aguilar's family by bringing them meals and groceries. Aguilar's ESL teacher even went to the funeral home to help translate for the family.

"It doesn't just impact her family, it impacts us all," Wooten said

"I didn't think it would be her body ... She lived four trailers down from me," friend JB said.

Wooten said Aguilar's wake and possibly her funeral will be held at Lumberton High School.

She's also planning a forum on safety that will be held in mid-December.

Lumberton Police Department | 11/28/2018 8:20pm (EST)

FBI Press Release

46958462_1928800567156786_4101639195825537024_n.jpg

FBI Charlotte on Twitter | 10:41 PM (EST) - 28 Nov 2018

The #FBI is heartbroken to discover the body of Hania Aguilar, who was kidnapped on 11-5. We still need the public's help, & offer the $25k reward for info that leads to the arrest & conviction of the man responsible for her kidnapping & now her death. Tip line- 910-272-5871

DtJAgR1XQAAgPmo.jpg

NBC News (@NBCNews) | Twitter
NBC News on Twitter | 7:35 PM (EST) - 29 Nov 2018

Students at Lumberton Junior High School will wear purple on Friday in remembrance of Hania Aguilar, whose body is believed to have been found, more than three weeks after she was abducted outside her home.

(NBC News added,)
School mourns death of abducted North Carolina girl, as search for killer continues

telemundoCLT (@TelemundoCLT) | Twitter
telemundoCLT on Twitter | 6:02 PM (EST) - 29 Nov 2018

El padre biológico de Hania Aguilar estaba a punto de cruzar la frontera. Desde el autobús en que viaja de regreso a Guatemala nos cuenta de su dolor y lo mucho que quisiera estar junto a Hania en el último adiós. Aquí la entrevista ➡️ http://bit.ly/2Q17C8h

(Translated from Spanish by Microsoft)

The biological father of Hania Aguilar was about to cross the border. From the bus that travels back to Guatemala tells us about his pain and how much he would like to be next to Hania in the last farewell. Here the interview ➡️ bit.ly/2Q17C8h

(*video at FB link, in Spanish)

ABC News (@ABC) | Twitter
ABC News on Twitter | 1:41 AM - 30 Nov 2018

"We have to find out how she died and who did this to her." FBI pleads for help after 13-year-old Hania Aguilar's body is found. https://abcn.ws/2Rq2xmO

DtOzInAWsAAkIqV.jpg

FBI Press Release - November 30, 2018

FBI and Lumberton Police Department Continue Investigation into Kidnapping and Death of Hania Aguilar — FBI

The Lumberton Police Department and the FBI are continuing the investigation to find the person responsible for kidnapping and killing Hania Aguilar. Agents and investigators are out in Robeson County following leads and conducting ground searches related to the case. We continue to encourage the community to call us with information to bring the person responsible to justice. No arrest has been made in connection to this investigation. Law enforcement continues to work closely with the District Attorney’s and U.S. Attorney’s Office as the case moves forward. The FBI is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information that leads to the arrest and the conviction of the person responsible for Hania’s kidnapping and, sadly, now her death.

“We are absolutely devastated. I wish we had a different outcome for Hania’s family, for the community, and for the hundreds of law enforcement officers and searchers who put everything they had into finding her alive,” said Lumberton Police Chief Michael McNeill.

FBI, Lumberton Police Department, SBI, and Robeson County Sheriff’s Office investigators located the body off Wire Grass Road in Robeson County around 4:45 p.m. on November 27, 2018. Investigative leads prompted the investigators to search that area.

“We believe we found Hania, but our work is far from over. We have to find out how she died and who did this to her. We have to bring the person responsible to justice,” said FBI Supervisory Resident Agent Andy de la Rocha.

We need the public’s help to determine when and how the body was placed on Wire Grass Road in Robeson County. If you have surveillance cameras near Wire Grass Road, call the tip line at (910) 272-5871.

Hania was kidnapped outside her home at the Rosewood Mobile Home Park, located at 3525 E. Elizabethtown Road in Lumberton, North Carolina, on November 5, 2018 just before 7:00 a.m. The stolen SUV was found before 8:00 a.m. on November 8 off Quincey Drive in Lumberton, North Carolina.

Published in Spanish

Madre de Hania Aguilar rompe el silencio tras horrenda muerte

Con una sola frase, “¡Vuelve, te necesito!”, la madre de Hania Aguilar, la adolescente hispana raptada el 5 de noviembre en un parque de casas móviles de Carolina del Norte, y encontrada muerta la noche del martes, rompió el silencio tras conocer la devastadora noticia que enluta a toda la comunidad de Lumberton.

Familiares de Cely Hernández contaron a MundoHispánico que la madre de la menor de 13 años está sumida en la tristeza. “Estamos destrozadas con esto”, dijo Jenifer Hernández, hermana de la afectada. “Mi hermana no quiere hablar con nadie; ella está muy triste. Ni en su Facebook ha podido escribir, soy yo quien la ayuda”.

“Todavia mi hermana no me ha dicho si el funeral será aquí o en Guatemala”, agregó

[...]

(Translated from Spanish by Google)

With a single phrase, "Come back, I need you!", The mother of Hania Aguilar, the Hispanic teenager kidnapped on November 5 at a mobile home park in North Carolina, and found dead Tuesday night, broke the silence after hearing the devastating news that mourns the entire community of Lumberton.

Relatives of [CH] told MundoHispánico that the mother of the 13-year-old girl is mired in sadness. "We are devastated with this," said [JH], sister of the affected. "My sister does not want to talk to anyone; she is very sad. She has not been able to write on her Facebook, it's me who helps her. "

"Still my sister has not told me if the funeral will be here or in Guatemala," she added.

[...]

(*video at link, in Spanish)

What happened to Hania’s regular thread? I can’t seem to find it. TIA

NOV 29, 2018
School mourns death of abducted North Carolina girl, as search for killer continues
Investigators on Thursday were continuing ground searches in the hunt for a suspect in the abduction and death of a 13-year-old North Carolina girl, as the teen’s classmates prepared to honor her by wearing her favorite color, officials said.

Students at Lumberton Junior High School will wear purple on Friday in remembrance of Hania Aguilar, whose body is believed to have been found in a body of water on Tuesday, more than three weeks after she was abducted outside her home.

"The wonderful memories of Hania — loving smile, her laughter, funny conversations, kind acts and fun times will not be taken away by this senseless act of violence," Principal SaVon F. Maultsby said at a news conference Thursday.

NOV 30, 2018
FBI and Lumberton Police Department Continue Investigation into Kidnapping and Death of Hania Aguilar
We continue to encourage the community to call us with information to bring the person responsible to justice. No arrest has been made in connection to this investigation.

FBI, Lumberton Police Department, SBI, and Robeson County Sheriff’s Office investigators located the body off Wire Grass Road in Robeson County around 4:45 p.m. on November 27, 2018. Investigative leads prompted the investigators to search that area.

We need the public’s help to determine when and how the body was placed on Wire Grass Road in Robeson County. If you have surveillance cameras near Wire Grass Road, call the tip line at (910) 272-5871.

NOV 30, 2018
Profiler: Killer likely knew Hania Aguilar or her neighborhood :: WRAL.com
Michael Teague, a forensic psychologist who previously worked as a criminal profiler for both the Raleigh Police Department and what is now the state Department of Public Safety, said the circumstances surrounding the abduction provide clues to the perpetrator.

"A guy just happened to be walking by as she was getting into the car? That is so coincidental," Teague said Friday, adding that the person who killed Aguilar is likely familiar with her or the area.

"This just didn't happen out of nowhere. I mean, this person didn't just drop out of Mars," he said. "They would be walking around the area. I mean, you almost have to be from there, working from there."

A few days after Aguilar was kidnapped, investigators released a security camera video of a man walking toward the trailer park where she lived minutes before the abduction. Although his face is obscured, Teague said his clothes and even the way he walks could be clues to tracking him down.

NOV 30, 2018
Petition started to have Hania Aguilar's dad in Guatemala attend funeral
The funeral for 13-year-old Hania Aguilar is scheduled for next Saturday, and there's one person who people are petitioning to be there, her father.

A petition to the Guatemalan Embassy started online to try and get Hania's father to the U.S. for her funeral. A Robeson County immigration lawyer says it will take more than a petition, and more time for that to happen.

"Even with enough support and contacting the right people to push it through it is very unlikely that it's gonna happen in time for him to be here for the actual funeral," said Immigration Attorney Stacey Maynor.

"They're gonna look at things people don't realize like your income, your bank accounts, your family members, all the things that would say you are gonna return to your home country, so, unfortunately, that's not a fast or easy process and most people are denied when they apply to enter the U.S., " Maynor added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Graham_Skeeter
Back