GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything is possible. But she did the BIG white wedding to Jason. Many would consider that bad taste for a second wedding when the bride has been married before. Among my friends, it would be an embarrassment and a huge social gaffe for the family to host such an event.

But who knows with these people.

I very much doubt it though.

Yeah maybe it was a leap! I just thought it might fit, Molly likes to get her own way, if the relationship was frowned upon by her parents, especially if the guy already had a family, there was the potential for it to be a quick marriage to prove she was her own woman, they may have tried to brush it under the carpet from an embarrassment factor once it failed.

There would most likely have been some mention of it somewhere by now if so I guess!

Here's the thing about the "lost years" of MM. Of course, we have not been able to prove anything. We are just speculating. But MM's parents are college graduates and as professionals have a wide scope of "contacts." They have a good jobs in different disciplines ...(I believe her Mother teaches at a University.)

If their daughter has an undergraduate degree from Clemson and has done graduate work at Emory and her employment history only includes babysitting and "nannying"....that is exceedingly strange. In fact, to me, it's unbelievable. She would at least have a fine undergraduate degree in SOMETHING. Her extended family would have "contacts." It would be ridiculous not to do some sort of work in her major! But, no MM is a babysitter?

When my daughter graduated with an art degree, through friends, my husband found her an internship in Germany that allowed her to return to NYC and secure a great job. Colleges educations are expensive. Either MM was a complete washout and no one would hire her even with a Clemson degree/ Emory grad work...or she's lying.

That's my opinion.

Mags sounds like she was just a lovely person in all regards. IIRC, JC mourned her deeply and paid his respects to her, on a very regular basis, after her untimely and tragic death. From all accounts, JC and Mags were soul mates in all aspects of their lives.
Please understand what I am about to say: I wholeheartedly think MM went totally off the deep end on the night of the murder; TM assisted her in planning a "exit" strategy. There is no excuse for MM's social media "campaigns" and other stunts she has pulled since JC's murder.
But- I can see how MM might feel she would never live up to Mags insofar as her role as JC's wife, especially while living in Ireland, hence thinking a move to the US might take some of the pressure of comparing her to Mags. I don't doubt missing her family, etc played a role in her wanting to move as well.
I don't think anyone could have lived up to Mags, and maybe that is okay.... maybe that is fairly common when a young mother of a devoted husbands suffers such a tragedy. I've never been in that situation- married or in a relationship with a widower.
It seems to me there must be a balance between respecting JC's love of Mags and the commitment he made to MM as her husband. I wonder if that balance was ever reached with MM and JC? How much of it was based upon MM's seemingly emotional/mental unbalance? Was the insecurity MM very well had plant the seeds of discord between the two?
The autopsy showed rage and overkill, I agree. But I can't help but wonder if just a little of MM's frustration came from not being Mags.
I can understand why JC didn't want MM to formally adopt the children. Mags was their Mom and out of respect for Mags, I probably would have made the same decision as JC. This, in and of itself, should not have threatened MM. In a healthy family system, she would have been, for all practical purposes, their Mom, whether or not there had been a legal adoption.
I suppose what I am trying to say is Mags was larger than life and I have a feeling JC didn't take the proper time to grieve so he could love another woman properly. I do not think, from what I've read here, there was DV on the part of JC but I do wonder if MM sensed he was still in love with Mags, to the point he was unable to love MM (or any other woman) at that point in his life.
Just an observation from a total outsider... And MOO.
You make good points. It is possible. but we have heard nothing substantial or even hearsay regarding it being a possible consideration. I think its likely her lawyers would have mentioned it already, perhaps at the custody hearing. I dont know. what has been reported is that Molly rekindled a love interest at some stage prior to the murder. That was reported.
Again if you are right it could prove pre-meditation, motive..

Another point. MM is constantly referred to as "a model." This gives the impression she has been gracing the covers of Vogue and Harper's Bazaar. But, have you ever seen more than one model "shot?" Can you find MM in any other shot? I've tried. And what I've found is a "modeling website" where you could be 90 yrs old and weigh 400 Lbs and you can be a "model" if you pay money to put yourself online. This is what MM did.

Who told the media she was,..a MODEL? There is a lot of fantasy and virtually no record of actual accomplishment of ANY sort around this woman...except when it comes to this act of murder.

My opinion only.
."

Its possible. But even that would not explain the 2 different ages of the children she referred to, unless of course the 2 were of same father..
Would there not exist a record of such a marriage in some register?

Where in her messages does she refer to the step child with two different ages? I can only see two emails where she refers to a step child and on both she refers to the child being eight. (On one she refers to the childs upcoming 8th Birthday). And both emails were written ten years ago.

https://answers.yahoo.com/activity/questions?show=2JJVCB5LGGTW3X67DEWXWS5C4A

Where in her messages does she refer to the step child with two different ages? I can only see two emails where she refers to a step child and on both she refers to the child being eight. (On one she refers to the childs upcoming 8th Birthday). And both emails were written ten years ago.

https://answers.yahoo.com/activity/questions?show=2JJVCB5LGGTW3X67DEWXWS5C4A
if you go into her profile you will find her activity. but we actually discussed it extensively on WS a few months ago so you will find the exact text in that link.. there were 2 different links to it as far as I remember.. Try it the short way first from the link.. otherwise its a trawl through here or a search of her address

Today I listened again to an interview with Mollys attorney on Irish radio. It was done shortly after the custody decison. It had a very interesting statement by her attorney that could be key if abuse becomes a focus of the trial. When asked what kind of relationship Tm had with JC...Mollys attorney says..."very good, they'd go golfing..."

Really? Molly had discussed "her problem" with a divorce attorney over a year before...but her Father continues a "very good" relationship with her abuser...goes golfing with a man who rapes or beats his only daughter.

WOW. Have fun explaining that...and it's all on tape.

if you go into her profile you will find her activity. but we actually discussed it extensively on WS a few months ago so you will find the exact text in that link.. there were 2 different links to it as far as I remember.. Try it the short way first from the link.. otherwise its a trawl through here or a search of her address

Her profile only shows two questions being asked and three answers being given. I don't recall any other profile for her on Yahoo being discussed before.

Her profile only shows two questions being asked and three answers being given. I don't recall any other profile for her on Yahoo being discussed before.
when we found it originally the ages were differing, possibly because the exact date of publication was mentioned, That was when I noticed the anomaly. It was the same profile but I think some change occurred , cannt quite remember but we did have long discussions about these posts on ws in the past.I cannot say for sure whether that particular detail was discussed online or not

when we found it originally the ages were differing, possibly because the exact date of publication was mentioned, That was when I noticed the anomaly. It was the same profile but I think some change occurred , cannt quite remember but we did have long discussions about these posts on ws in the past.I cannot say for sure whether that particular detail was discussed online or not

I remember her profile being discussed on here but don't recall any other profile. Also, the exact date of publication was not mentioned, when we found it a few months back it stated that the posts were posted 9 years ago, I particularly remember that, it has now been updated to 10 years which suggests that they were posted between January 2006 and April 2006. I have never seen any other profile but if you do find one please post up a link.

I remember her profile being discussed on here but don't recall any other profile. Also, the exact date of publication was not mentioned, when we found it a few months back it stated that the posts were posted 9 years ago, I particularly remember that, it has now been updated to 10 years which suggests that they were posted between January 2006 and April 2006. I have never seen any other profile but if you do find one please post up a link.

It was not a different profile, it was the same profile.. i remember seeing September on one of the posts.

It was not a different profile, it was the same profile.. i remember seeing September on one of the posts.
I saw it too. I wonder if things are being selectively removed from the Internet? Would not be the first time...

Today I listened again to an interview with Mollys attorney on Irish radio. It was done shortly after the custody decison. It had a very interesting statement by her attorney that could be key if abuse becomes a focus of the trial. When asked what kind of relationship Tm had with JC...Mollys attorney says..."very good, they'd go golfing..."

Really? Molly had discussed "her problem" with a divorce attorney over a year before...but her Father continues a "very good" relationship with her abuser...goes golfing with a man who rapes or beats his only daughter.

WOW. Have fun explaining that...and it's all on tape.

It's on that tape that Jason beat or raped Molly or that her attorney claimed he did? Do you have a link for that?

Here's the thing about the "lost years" of MM. Of course, we have not been able to prove anything. We are just speculating. But MM's parents are college graduates and as professionals have a wide scope of "contacts." They have a good jobs in different disciplines ...(I believe her Mother teaches at a University.)

If their daughter has an undergraduate degree from Clemson and has done graduate work at Emory and her employment history only includes babysitting and "nannying"....that is exceedingly strange. In fact, to me, it's unbelievable. She would at least have a fine undergraduate degree in SOMETHING. Her extended family would have "contacts." It would be ridiculous not to do some sort of work in her major! But, no MM is a babysitter?

When my daughter graduated with an art degree, through friends, my husband found her an internship in Germany that allowed her to return to NYC and secure a great job. Colleges educations are expensive. Either MM was a complete washout and no one would hire her even with a Clemson degree/ Emory grad work...or she's lying.

That's my opinion.

Unless MM's undergraduate work was done in early childhood education- then it makes perfect sense for a young woman who wishes to experience different cultures to apply as an au pair. Just a thought.
ETA- maybe she began a major in early childhood development and never finished. Just read the yahoo blurb about graduating from Clemson and graduate work at a private institution. Wow! So maybe MM isn't the first person to embellish about themselves online but it is possible she did have some early childhood education training which qualified her as an au pair.
Who knows?

It's on that tape that Jason beat or raped Molly or that her attorney claimed he did? Do you have a link for that?
Every time the murder was referenced, the attorney declined to answer her motivations. When the visit to the divorce atty came up, he cited that would be part of the case.

My point is this...IF they use that excuse for the brutal murder they committed, here his the lawyer in tape saying TM and JS were golfing buddies who had a very good relationship.

Maybe though, they won't charge DV. Just one bad fight that night, that sent both Father and Daughter into homicidal rages.

Could be....

Unless MM's undergraduate work was done in early childhood education- then it makes perfect sense for a young woman who wishes to experience different cultures to apply as an au pair. Just a thought.

Can't seem to find any teacher certification anywhere...her home state SC, NC or anywhere.

If anyone else finds it...please post. Been searching for it for months.

Can't seem to find any teacher certification anywhere...her home state SC, NC or anywhere.

If anyone else finds it...please post. Been searching for it for months.

If she studied but dropped out would she have achieved any sort of certification? Just wondering as there was reference to her being a teacher's aide for Sarah's class a few posts back...perhaps she just embellished her on yahoo profile? She seems to have a track record for that!

If she studied but dropped out would she have achieved any sort of certification? Just wondering as there was reference to her being a teacher's aide for Sarah's class a few posts back...perhaps she just embellished her on yahoo profile? She seems to have a track record for that!

Every teacher needs to get certified in their State in order to even be a substitute teacher.

So it doesn't say what you said was on the tape, and presumably that is why you are not providing a link.

I listened to it again this AM. Will find it and post it. But AGAIN...the point of my post is that her Attorney attested to a very good relationship between JC and TM...and added they went golfing together. Now maybe they are NOT going to allege DV...maybe the family is just prone to hair trigger tempers. Who knows. But if they do...uh-0h. This will not be helpful.

Do you think it WOULD be helpful to suggest a man had a "very good" relationship with a man abusing his daughter for ...(going by the visit to the divorce atty) ....years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly