GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The term "teachers aide" is a bit ambiguious. Some large districts with larger classroom size employ salaried aides. But I have also heard the term used loosely to refer to what is also called "room mother", a parent volunteer, unpaid, who can be called on to assist with parties, field trips, etc.

The killers head to court again today. Hopefully a trial date will be set.

Here's an interesting quote I found yesterday. Interesting that after spending time with the children in both situations, the childcare worker ruled against MM. So not just an immigration issue.

"Mr Corbett's brother John said that the opinion of a childcare worker, appointed by a judge to survey the children, had a significant impact on the custody case.
"She spent time with the children in the care of Molly Martens and also in the company of my sister Tracey and her husband David," he said.
"They were able to build a profile of how the kids were reacting and behaving around people," he added.
A report submitted by the Irish Child and Family Agency, Tusla, is also said to have played a significant role.
http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...er-who-is-chief-suspect-in-case-31437403.html

Here's an interesting quote I found yesterday. Interesting that after spending time with the children in both situations, the childcare worker ruled against MM. So not just an immigration issue.

"Mr Corbett's brother John said that the opinion of a childcare worker, appointed by a judge to survey the children, had a significant impact on the custody case.
"She spent time with the children in the care of Molly Martens and also in the company of my sister Tracey and her husband David," he said.
"They were able to build a profile of how the kids were reacting and behaving around people," he added.
A report submitted by the Irish Child and Family Agency, Tusla, is also said to have played a significant role.
http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...er-who-is-chief-suspect-in-case-31437403.html

Here's something that has been bothering me about the Martens relentless quest to regain custody of these children. I'll provide an analogy.

My husband and I employ a dog sitter when we travel for our pets. We have chosen this person to the best of our abilities, to provide safe and attentive care for our dogs. Now suppose we heard that our dog sitter had beaten a dog to death while pet sitting that animal. Maybe saying that the pet was vicious and it was necessary. But suppose I could see pictures of that animal, beaten mercilessly over and over in the most "cruel and heinous fashion" with two weapons used. Not just one...two, so the beating could continue.

And suppose the Dog Sitter had neither a scratch or bite mark on him. And the previous owners of the dog knew that pet to have been gentle for all his years?

Could I ever leave my much loved pets with that sitter again? Could you?

So how could anyone think that leaving Jason's children in that home would be safe and nurturing for them? Making cookies and smiling in pictures is the easy part of parenting. The challenging teenage years lie ahead. How could extended family justify putting those children in the care again of the very people that snapped and committed an overkill on their Father? How were they considering the children's welfare...before Molly's "wants?" How could they have pushed so hard for this and still be pushing? Something is so very troublesome about this obsession that trumps the safety of the children.

The autopsy does not lie.

I can't seem to find the quoted excerpt in the article linked above, is it the right link? Interested to read the context of the quotes.

I can't seem to find the quoted excerpt in the article linked above, is it the right link? Interested to read the context of the quotes.

You are right. That's the link where he expresses concern for the children's safety. I'll find the right one for you!

Could not edit ...but corrected with this link.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/jason-corbetts-wife-sought-legal-advice-about-divorce-and-custody

The term "teachers aide" is a bit ambiguious. Some large districts with larger classroom size employ salaried aides. But I have also heard the term used loosely to refer to what is also called "room mother", a parent volunteer, unpaid, who can be called on to assist with parties, field trips, etc.

True, in terms of references in garnishing employment as an au pair though, if she could furnish a potential employer with details of primary school employment this would significantly increase her appeal. Particularly to someone with high standards as Jason was bound to have given Mags career. Many people who lie, tend to begin by simply embellishing the truth, rather than creating an out and out untruth as this is easier to talk their way out of should the lie be exposed. Perhaps Molly stating that she was a primary school teacher was the beginning of a life that seems to have developed into more and more outlandish statements on her behalf.

Here's something that has been bothering me about the Martens relentless quest to regain custody of these children. I'll provide an analogy.

My husband and I employ a dog sitter when we travel for our pets. We have chosen this person to the best of our abilities, to provide safe and attentive care for our dogs. Now suppose we heard that our dog sitter had beaten a dog to death while pet sitting that animal. Maybe saying that the pet was vicious and it was necessary. But suppose I could see pictures of that animal, beaten mercilessly over and over in the most "cruel and heinous fashion" with two weapons used. Not just one...two, so the beating could continue.

And suppose the Dog Sitter had neither a scratch or bite mark on him. And the previous owners of the dog knew that pet to have been gentle for all his years?

Could I ever leave my much loved pets with that sitter again? Could you?

So how could anyone think that leaving Jason's children in that home would be safe and nurturing for them? Making cookies and smiling in pictures is the easy part of parenting. The challenging teenage years lie ahead. How could extended family justify putting those children in the care again of the very people that snapped and committed an overkill on their Father? How were they considering the children's welfare...before Molly's "wants?" How could they have pushed so hard for this and still be pushing? Something is so very troublesome about this obsession that trumps the safety of the children.

The autopsy does not lie.

There is something in the family dynamic in the relentless pursuit of WHAT MOLLY WANTS that is at the base of my interpretation of this crime. These are defenseless children. Orphaned children. The best explanation I can put on the autopsy is a tremendous loss of control. An inability to put a boundary on rage. A quest for death as resolution to anger.

If I loved these children AND loved my child, I'd have to protect THEM and, by doing so, I would feel that I was protecting my child by getting her help she desparately needs. Those children are forever a reminder of this murder. As they grow into teenagers, they may express feelings about this killing of their Dad that could lead to another episode of rage.

But, to this day, the quest to get WHAT MOLLY WANTS ....continues.

Great find hadn't read that either and was under the impression that a childcare worker wasn't made available to the children by what was put across from Mollys friends early on during the custody hearing

Its very real and definitely twisted but most of the time it's a game for the abusers. I truly believe if a woman was beaten to death with a bat and a landscaping brick . Hit multiple times on the head had contusions all over her body and her husband said he was defending himself but had no injuries we wouldn't be have this conversation . We are been given the perception from the start even from the 911 call that we have a feeble old man and a hundred lb girl against the Incredible Hulk . That wasn't an accident and carefully planned from the start . Imo
Carefully planned from the start would be first degree murder...

But sometimes the prosecutor goes with lesser charges because it's easier to prove and get a conviction.

Some thought that was the mistake in the Casey Anthony trial....that the Prosecutor overcharged.

But sometimes the prosecutor goes with lesser charges because it's easier to prove and get a conviction.

Some thought that was the mistake in the Casey Anthony trial....that the Prosecutor overcharged.
Where does that leave the truth of the matter?

So I suppose it was financial gain that motivated MM to fight for custody of the children after she killed JC? I understand she most likely grew close to the children during the years they were under her care, but was her incentive really love for them and their well being that was keeping such a strong hold on the children? She knew JC's wishes (or did she?) but must have seen them as a paycheck also.
Also, for argument's sake, let's assume for a moment MM and JC were in total love with one another, each dedicated to each other and the children (as in a healthy family dynamic). Would JC have allowed MM to adopt the children under those circumstances? I wonder... My guess is not...if nothing more than out of respect for Mags and her family. When a child is adopted, it is "as if" the adopted parent is the natural parent and the birth parent never existed. Birth certificates are changed to list the adoptive parent as the natural parent. I can understand his decision, notwithstanding, a solid second marriage. I honestly see no dichotomy between his love, dedication and commitment for MM and still not wanting her to formally adopt the children. As I said earlier, if all had been rosy, there was no need for it. MM would have, for all practical purposes, been their mother and Mags would have held her place as their natural mother. Now, he certainly could have named her as their guardian if he died! But he did not...
JC and MM faced the domicile issue as well. Three members of the family were Irish citizens and one was a US citizen. Surely, JC and MM had these discussions regarding the children, adoption, guardianship etc prior to their marriage! Besides death and divorce, there would have been potential challenges by virtue of the "homelands".
I wonder if JC told MM at some point, early on, she would be allowed to adopt the children? Or, did MM think she could manipulate him into allowing an adoption? Did JC ever name MM as guardian in case of his death? Maybe JC did, at one time, name MM as guardian in case of his death and MM didn't know he removed her.
The adoption and guardian issue should have been addressed and documented prior to this marriage, IMO.
Forgive my rambling, disjointed post. I didn't sleep well last night and my brain hasn't completely fired up this morning. More coffee!

So I suppose it was financial gain that motivated MM to fight for custody of the children after she killed JC? I understand she most likely grew close to the children during the years they were under her care, but was her incentive really love for them and their well being that was keeping such a strong hold on the children? She knew JC's wishes (or did she?) but must have seen them as a paycheck also.
Also, for argument's sake, let's assume for a moment MM and JC were in total love with one another, each dedicated to each other and the children (as in a healthy family dynamic). Would JC have allowed MM to adopt the children under those circumstances? I wonder... My guess is not...if nothing more than out of respect for Mags and her family. When a child is adopted, it is "as if" the adopted parent is the natural parent and the birth parent never existed. Birth certificates are changed to list the adoptive parent as the natural parent. I can understand his decision, notwithstanding, a solid second marriage. I honestly see no dichotomy between his love, dedication and commitment for MM and still not wanting her to formally adopt the children. As I said earlier, if all had been rosy, there was no need for it. MM would have, for all practical purposes, been their mother and Mags would have held her place as their natural mother. Now, he certainly could have named her as their guardian if he died! But he did not...
JC and MM faced the domicile issue as well. Three members of the family were Irish citizens and one was a US citizen. Surely, JC and MM had these discussions regarding the children, adoption, guardianship etc prior to their marriage! Besides death and divorce, there would have been potential challenges by virtue of the "homelands".
I wonder if JC told MM at some point, early on, she would be allowed to adopt the children? Or, did MM think she could manipulate him into allowing an adoption? Did JC ever[ name MM as guardian in case of his death? Maybe JC did, at one time, name MM as guardian in case of his death and MM didn't know he removed her.
The adoption and guardian issue should have been addressed and documented prior to this marriage, IMO.
Forgive my rambling, disjointed post. I didn't sleep well last night and my brain hasn't completely fired up this morning. More coffee!
where would any of us be without coffee?
Divine sustenance.
Enjoy.
I am receiving my transfusion as well.

Unfortunately the truth has to sometimes be tempered by practicality. In this case, her Father is admitting to striking the first blow. In that case, how do you prove MM premeditated it. Now, they may well think she DID, and that Dad is lying...but tough to prove that beyond a reasonable doubt?

He is dead. Thats the truth.
The evidence that we know about, and thats only a tiny portion, shows he died violently and not by his own hand.
all the rest is legalise.

Im only referring to the pre planning of the fact Tom made out they couldn't turn Jason over. Because he was a feeble old man and Molly weighed a hundred pound and Jason was much stronger and bigger than them both . This has been mentioned more then once by Mollys legal team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan