GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the truth has to sometimes be tempered by practicality. In this case, her Father is admitting to striking the first blow. In that case, how do you prove MM premeditated it. Now, they may well think she DID, and that Dad is lying...but tough to prove that beyond a reasonable doubt?
My prediction here is that the defense lawyers will file a motion to sever the trails, IMO...there are two stories here...and two defenses...

My prediction here is that the defense lawyers will file a motion to sever the trails, IMO...there are two stories here...and two defenses...

I agree, however, the only hope they have of BOTH of them getting off is to use the defense of self defense to Murder 2, ie. they were in such peril for their lives that the force they used was justified. NC has just introduced the 'No Retreat' clause when it comes to defending oneself (or another when within the home) so therefore they can strictly argue that the level of overkill was justified due to the circumstances they use as a defense.

If they try to seperate the trials, then it is likely one of them would be found guilty of involuntary manslaughter ie a crime of passion/heat of the moment response to a situation in which they found themselves. The level of overkill would form a big part of a guilty verdict under this charge IMO.

what does it mean to sever the trails?
each one would get their own trial...but then that begs the question of strategy...who will go first?...and will the outcome of the first affect the outcome of the second?...

Have spent a lot it time searching the Molska screen name. It is linked to a Hotmail account, mollymartens@hotmail.com. I have searched that email. It is linked to a Twitter Molly Gun and also a Molly Gunnarsson. My spelling of the last name may be incorrect. I did check the spelling before posting. It may all just be a confidence. Or that could be a link to Molly's past.

Have spent a lot it time searching the Molska screen name. It is linked to a Hotmail account, mollymartens@hotmail.com. I have searched that email. It is linked to a Twitter Molly Gun and also a Molly Gunnarsson. My spelling of the last name may be incorrect. I did check the spelling before posting. It may all just be a confidence. Or that could be a link to Molly's past.
Great work from you, well done!
I know she also had another gmail account because she made a query on google about locating it on May 12,
I wondered about it at the time, 3 months prior to her husband's murder!
Tried unsuccessfully to make link visible, its not possible..

[h=3]Can I get back my email archive if my old username has been re-issued?[/h]
FYRJaBBlC5AmoZqACVS6CWgfuhcv8HrYFUj2WKDEwgwbD3SCmAYKHqQATGKGwBfmOTONR7ujIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.541176)]Hi Gmail team, how long does an email address have to sit unused before it is allowed to be reassigned? If an email address has be ...[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45098)]By Molly Martensupdated 12/5/15 by bkc56

2 posts
1 expert reply

[/COLOR]

I copypasted the text.
Wish had done it with other posts as well

Unless there is another profile, the post when we saw it said 9 years ago, it did not state any date. This point is specifically discussed on the old thread. See post 72/73. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ered-in-his-Wallburg-home-2-Aug-2015-1/page62

I saw those posts to which you referre but there was an earlier post which contained a copy paste or a photoshoot as well. I cannot recall whether that had the dates but I saw dates and Marymead saw dates, they are not there now. The dates I saw led me to believe it could not possibly have been the same child but was possibly a 2nd child from the same relationship= the same father, but that was not my impression at the time.
Thats as much as I can clarify without photoshoots of text at time.. they may be available from elsewhere.

Absolutely disgraceful if they are true . And very unthoughtful to Jasons family members and friends . This is their fight for justice . Although I do hope they get I would never condone that sort of behaviour and hope those individuals are dealt with and punished

change of venue appears to be a central theme here..
they will do anything to get a change of venue.
Where are the alleged death threats coming from?
How would a change of venue connect to them?

Maybe the threats have come from people in the locality. We will have to wait and see what's reported later. The hearing is possibly still ongoing as it's only afternoon in NC hence the drip feeding of tweets.

Maybe the threats have come from people in the locality. We will have to wait and see what's reported later. The hearing is possibly still ongoing as it's only afternoon in NC hence the drip feeding of tweets.
think its over ok.. cos reference was made to 'this morning'
Yeah, just thinking same as that, must be local.. irish threats would hardly give rise to change of venue request.

http://m.journalnow.com/news/local/...c1f7c5-eda5-53a9-9cec-c35ef1597340.html?mode=

Something was in her emails that she does t want in the trial...

"During the hearing at Davidson County Superior Court, attorneys Walter Holton and Cheryl Andrews, who represent Molly Corbett, and David Freedman, one of Martens' attorneys, voiced concerns that the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office may have seen and used information that is inadmissible because of attorney/client privilege.

When the sheriff’s office began its investigation, search warrants requested emails from Corbett's and Marten’s Google accounts. Google sent that information in several disks, Assistant District Attorney Alan Martin told Judge Kevin Bridges on Wednesday.

Some of the emails were printed, and both the hard copies and disks were submitted to discovery. Some emails were addressed to and from Freedman and attorneys in charge of Corbett’s estate and civil cases. The state and defense attorneys agreed that information obtained from the privileged emails should be removed from discovery."

http://m.journalnow.com/news/local/...c1f7c5-eda5-53a9-9cec-c35ef1597340.html?mode=

Something was in her emails that she does t want in the trial...

"During the hearing at Davidson County Superior Court, attorneys Walter Holton and Cheryl Andrews, who represent Molly Corbett, and David Freedman, one of Martens' attorneys, voiced concerns that the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office may have seen and used information that is inadmissible because of attorney/client privilege.

When the sheriff’s office began its investigation, search warrants requested emails from Corbett's and Marten’s Google accounts. Google sent that information in several disks, Assistant District Attorney Alan Martin told Judge Kevin Bridges on Wednesday.

Some of the emails were printed, and both the hard copies and disks were submitted to discovery. Some emails were addressed to and from Freedman and attorneys in charge of Corbett’s estate and civil cases. The state and defense attorneys agreed that information obtained from the privileged emails should be removed from discovery."

Okay.. shows the prosecution are playing fair.
The attorneys would only have been employed after the murder so any emails prior to the murder are still usable, assuming all her accounts have been found..
Search warrants were issued some time aFTER the murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop