GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to it again this AM. Will find it and post it. But AGAIN...the point of my post is that her Attorney attested to a very good relationship between JC and TM...and added they went golfing together. Now maybe they are NOT going to allege DV...maybe the family is just prone to hair trigger tempers. Who knows. But if they do...uh-0h. This will not be helpful.

Do you think it WOULD be helpful to suggest a man had a "very good" relationship with a man abusing his daughter for ...(going by the visit to the divorce atty) ....years?

That's not what Kitty said - review her post.

If she studied but dropped out would she have achieved any sort of certification? Just wondering as there was reference to her being a teacher's aide for Sarah's class a few posts back...perhaps she just embellished her on yahoo profile? She seems to have a track record for that!

I doubt she would have received a certification without finishing some type of formal program--- unless, she did it online! Lots of online degrees and certificates these days are available.

You make good points. It is possible. but we have heard nothing substantial or even hearsay regarding it being a possible consideration. I think its likely her lawyers would have mentioned it already, perhaps at the custody hearing. I dont know. what has been reported is that Molly rekindled a love interest at some stage prior to the murder. That was reported.
Again if you are right it could prove pre-meditation, motive..

I actually don't think it would prove pre-mediation/motive. More like a slow moving train towards something bad happening.

Where is the mention of rape in that interview, or indeed in anywhere but the posts of you and Kitty on this forum?
Sorry Electric Sheep but I'm either missing pages but I genuinely dont know what you mean when you refer to mine and mary mead posts about rape? I think somebody else made lots of posts about sexual assault but I simply cant follow your meaning?

Where is the mention of rape in that interview, or indeed in anywhere but the posts of you and Kitty on this forum?

I think I see what our communication problem is here. If you go back in this thread a few pages, there was a post suggesting that MM might use martial rape as her abuse excuse. It was discussed for a few posts...but, I agree with YOU, ES, that it is a problematic defense for her. This morning, as I listened to the recording of this interview, I remembered that post and referred back to it.

You obviously were not part of that discussion so did not understand my reference.

In the same sense, it has been "hinted" that MM will use spousal abuse and we HAVE discussed that a good bit. In fact, TM stated that MM was being choked and he hit JC to save her life.

In any event, her attorney says TM and JC had a very good relationship up until the murder. So that does seem to blow holes in the any defense that JC C was an abuser.

Certainly, I have NEVER believed JC ever was abusive to MM. I believe the testimony of his first wife's sister...who lived with them,..that he was very gentle, kind soul.

How tragic that he died such an horrific death.

Today I listened again to an interview with Mollys attorney on Irish radio. It was done shortly after the custody decison. It had a very interesting statement by her attorney that could be key if abuse becomes a focus of the trial. When asked what kind of relationship Tm had with JC...Mollys attorney says..."very good, they'd go golfing..."

Really? Molly had discussed "her problem" with a divorce attorney over a year before...but her Father continues a "very good" relationship with her abuser...goes golfing with a man who rapes or beats his only daughter.

WOW. Have fun explaining that...and it's all on tape.

Hi Electric Sheep, I honestly think you, stmarysmead and kittythehare are talking at 'cross-purpose' here. It was discussed earlier in previous threads that rape or sexual assualt 'could/may' be claimed by the MM/TM's lawyers re their self-defence 'defence' . I don't think stmarysmead meant that talk of rape/beatings was actually 'on tape' I think the point she was making was; MMs attorney said that the relationship between TM and JC was...'very good, they'd go golfing...'

So I think that's what stmarysmead meant when she said 'its all on tape' not that allegations of rape/beatings was mentioned in that recorded interview with Molly attorney...so why would a father continue to have a very good relationship with a man who (if MM and her relatives are to be believed) was abusive to his daughter? Which is how MMs attorny described it in the interview.

Anyway hope I'm making sense (very late/early morning here in Ireland and I really should be getting some sleep!)

:stop:

If you have a issue alert a mod, talking about moderation will get you a TO. Calling posters out on a thread and being rude will not fly here and will also get you a TO. Please stay on topic.

If someone has the link Electric Sheep is referring to, please post it. If it was a JMO add that to your post. If there is no link stop talking about it and move on.

Thanks!

A BROTHER of Limerickman Jason Corbett, who was killed in the US, has rejected claims that his late brother was “physically and emotionally abusive” towards his wife Molly Martens, a “person of interest” in his death.

A BROTHER of Limerickman Jason Corbett, who was killed in the US, has rejected claims that his late brother was “physically and emotionally abusive” towards his wife Molly Martens, a “person of interest” in his death.

From the link above. We have discussed this before. Hope this helps.

Hi Electric Sheep, I honestly think you, stmarysmead and kittythehare are talking at 'cross-purpose' here. It was discussed earlier in previous threads that rape or sexual assualt 'could/may' be claimed by the MM/TM's lawyers re their self-defence 'defence' . I don't think stmarysmead meant that talk of rape/beatings was actually 'on tape' I think the point she was making was; MMs attorney said that the relationship between TM and JC was...'very good, they'd go golfing...'

So I think that's what stmarysmead meant when she said 'its all on tape' not that allegations of rape/beatings was mentioned in that recorded interview with Molly attorney...so why would a father continue to have a very good relationship with a man who (if MM and her relatives are to be believed) was abusive to his daughter? Which is how MMs attorny described it in the interview.

Anyway hope I'm making sense (very late/early morning here in Ireland and I really should be getting some sleep!)

Thank you. Exactly right. Only that the admission of the good relationship is "all on tape" and can't be denied, which is very odd IF the abuse defense is used.

Thank you for helping me out with this.

I think domestic violence in NC is defined here... http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/ByChapter/Chapter_50B.html ...clearly it's the nature of the relationship that sets it apart ...and so by definition doesn't that mean at least two people are involved related in some way?...then there is the nature of the violence itself - premeditated and deliberated? hot-blooded and passionate?... habitual?... sexual? ... I think the amount of time taken to deliberate might be a factor when it comes to the charges... as well as the amount of force which in this case is the obvious issue...but, I sincerely hope that we all can agree on this one point ...being a victim of domestic violence should not carry shame and ridicule because very nice people get involved in violent situations ... so often it's not their fault, they didn't deserve it, and yet, they participated in it... it's a back and forth, tit for tat, two for tango dance of darkness that at any time one's role could be misconstrued for the other's...it's very twisted and, hard to understand for some...but it's real..

I think domestic violence in NC is defined here... http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/ByChapter/Chapter_50B.html ...clearly it's the nature of the relationship that sets it apart ...and so by definition doesn't that mean at least two people are involved related in some way?...then there is the nature of the violence itself - premeditated and deliberated? hot-blooded and passionate?... habitual?... sexual? ... I think the amount of time taken to deliberate might be a factor when it comes to the charges... as well as the amount of force which in this case is the obvious issue...but, I sincerely hope that we all can agree on this one point ...being a victim of domestic violence should not carry shame and ridicule because very nice people get involved in violent situations ... so often it's not their fault, they didn't deserve it, and yet, they participated in it... it's a back and forth, tit for tat, two for tango dance of darkness that at any time one's role could be misconstrued for the other's...it's very twisted and, hard to understand for some...but it's real..

Its very real and definitely twisted but most of the time it's a game for the abusers. I truly believe if a woman was beaten to death with a bat and a landscaping brick . Hit multiple times on the head had contusions all over her body and her husband said he was defending himself but had no injuries we wouldn't be have this conversation . We are been given the perception from the start even from the 911 call that we have a feeble old man and a hundred lb girl against the Incredible Hulk . That wasn't an accident and carefully planned from the start . Imo

Unless MM's undergraduate work was done in early childhood education- then it makes perfect sense for a young woman who wishes to experience different cultures to apply as an au pair. Just a thought.
ETA- maybe she began a major in early childhood development and never finished. Just read the yahoo blurb about graduating from Clemson and graduate work at a private institution. Wow! So maybe MM isn't the first person to embellish about themselves online but it is possible she did have some early childhood education training which qualified her as an au pair.
Who knows?

I agree, and it is also an angle we have not explored before. I looked up the qualifications required to be a teacher's aide and found the following - http://www.teacherassistantinfo.com/job-requirements/north-carolina/

Molly would have been well covered to become a teacher's aide, even if she had dropped out of college, and she would have had the additional qualities of First Aid training and the background check being a slam dunk. IMO some years working as a teacher's aide would look very impressive on an au pair's CV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop