GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that the judgement for the property taken from the home has finally been handed down. MM has 30 days to return the property. According to the article, all she left in the property after her numerous removal vans had departed were JC clothes, the children's cloths & items belonging to them and items JC brought from Ireland.

The documents state that after Ms Martens had removed items from the house “the only property left in the home was Mr Corbett’s clothes, property that Mr Corbett brought to the home from Ireland, and items owned by Mr Corbett’s children”.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/murder-accused-must-return-items-taken-from-us-home-386359.html

The court also found that it was highly probable that monies transferred to MM or her parents by JC was the source of payment for items. As the sentence mentions the parents, I am wondering if this is a reference to the large sum of money that was transferred just before the wedding.

The court also found that there was a “high probability” money transferred by Mr Corbett to Ms Martens and her parents was the source of payment for the items she and her parents had bought. The court ruled that “immediate and irreparable injury would have resulted to… the beneficiaries of the estate” if Ms Martens was allowed to take or sell the items.

Any guesses why the indictments took 5 months to come down?

I listened to an interview that was carried out on RTE Radio with the head journalist of the DM. She said that the case was supposed to be heard by the Grand Jury in November but for whatever reason it was not so they convened a Special Grand Jury in December to hear the case. Then, due to the holidays, the decision was sealed until beginning of January.

Seems that the judgement for the property taken from the home has finally been handed down. MM has 30 days to return the property. According to the article, all she left in the property after her numerous removal vans had departed were JC clothes, the children's cloths & items belonging to them and items JC brought from Ireland.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/murder-accused-must-return-items-taken-from-us-home-386359.html

The court also found that it was highly probable that monies transferred to MM or her parents by JC was the source of payment for items. As the sentence mentions the parents, I am wondering if this is a reference to the large sum of money that was transferred just before the wedding.

IMO MM will not return all of the property she took. She knows that it will be hard to prove every item she removed. Once again her character is questionable. She had a credit card in her name. Great. Shows Jason was a husband who provided for his family. Her credit card that Jason provided for her will not help her DV claim.
Plus Jason more than likely paid the credit card bill each month.

The ruling on this seems to have been on Monday of this week. The local papers picked up on it today and the Dispatch of Lexington gives it greater coverage. Shipwash is quite scathing with his comment describing what MM did by removing the property as a "perverse determination of ownership and manipulation of intent".

“(Molly Corbett) failed to work in good faith with (the executor of the estate's) counsel through what the court deems a perverse determination of ownership and manipulation of intent by (Corbett) removing the majority of the tangible personal property described in the consent order,” Shipwash wrote.

http://www.the-dispatch.com/article/20160309/NEWS/160309781?tc=ar

Wonder what the reference to insurance proceeds relates to? Did she cash in on some insurance policies?

You called it right, Frizby with scathing ! Additionally, from the above link
As part of his ruling, Shipwash ordered that all assets, including all insurance proceeds, shall be turned over immediately to the court ...
I do NOT think any life insurance policies has paid or will pay until the resolution of the criminal case. This language was most likely included so all sources of income or potential monetary gain was covered in the order.
Shipwash allowed Corbett to keep certain property, including her clothing, bathroom toiletries, two living room lamps, two paintings, a bed and a box spring.
Wow! Is she still living in the marital home or is she with her parents?
also
Within 10 days of this order, (Molly Corbett) shall pay $4,900 to the estate for full ownership of the 2011 Honda Accord or the parties may agree to sell the 2011 Honda Accord with the greater of the first $4,900 of net sales proceeds or one-half of the net sales proceeds paid to the estate,” Shipwash stated.
He came down on her hard, deservedly so!
MM has come a long way since her days of vacations and luxury purchases on Jason's dime!
ETA- Thank you for this link, Frizby. Quite telling!

The Dispatch of Lexington article has been updated with a statement from MM attorney. It would seem that she is going to appeal the decision saying that she removed the property under advisement from her lawyers to secure them as the house had no heat, air. Are they seriously saying that her lawyers advised her to move the property without telling the courts what they were doing and this is only coming up now after the decision? Something really odd about all this.

Holton said Corbett moved the property out of the house to protect it and put it into storage. The attorney said the order stated the property was moved to Tennessee. Holton clarified and explained the property was actually placed into storage in North Carolina.“The house has no heat, water, air or security,” he said.
Holton said Corbett made her decisions under advisement from legal counsel. He said the property is not worth much money to start with.
“She has provided inventory, pictures and photographs,” Holton said. “Molly is the one who has taken steps to protect the property, so the resolution we would like to see is for Molly to get the property back that is hers and is now in storage.”

The Dispatch of Lexington article has been updated with a statement from MM attorney. It would seem that she is going to appeal the decision saying that she removed the property under advisement from her lawyers to secure them as the house had no heat, air. Are they seriously saying that her lawyers advised her to move the property without telling the courts what they were doing and this is only coming up now after the decision? Something really odd about all this.

Correct, very odd that she is so concerned about protecting "property" that is not worth much! Odd, indeed! Just wished she had been as concerned about protecting Jason!

New to this site! I've been reading the thread, it's so interesting. I see that her "lost" years are still unknown? I guess with a father who worked in counter-intelligence it wasn't so difficult for them to hide those lost years? Nobody can expect the ex boyfriend who's daughter she falsely called her step-daughter to willingly come forward.

I read another article stating she had actually given the Honda referred to in today's decision to someone else to drive, even though it's officially the property of Jason Corbett Estate? Who does things like that?

Shipwash came down fair IMO, Martens has flouted the law and legal agreements at every turn.

So the property's not worth much but she's going to make Jason Corbett's family go back to court again? She's throwing a lot of money on lawyers around - estate court, custody case, and of course the murder trial. Are her parents this wealthy?

She may be far worse than Casey Anthony. MM was in Jason office the next day, calling her Uncle Mike Jason's uncle, and asking for access to Jason's office to get his and the children's papers and passports (He had taken to hiding them in office??). The uncle is, I believe, currently under investigation for using his professional status as federal law enforcement to force the company to give he and MM access, flashing his badge. Before Jason's sister even arrived in US, MM had made arrangements for a cremation, which no Irish Catholic would ever want, and now allowing his family to take him home to be buried. His family had to take her to court to retrieve his body, and then again to see his two children. So within hours of the murder she was coldly planning to get rid of the evidence and take his children. Or did she plan this all out in her head before the man was murdered?

New to this site! I've been reading the thread, it's so interesting. I see that her "lost" years are still unknown? I guess with a father who worked in counter-intelligence it wasn't so difficult for them to hide those lost years? Nobody can expect the ex boyfriend who's daughter she falsely called her step-daughter to willingly come forward.

I read another article stating she had actually given the Honda referred to in today's decision to someone else to drive, even though it's officially the property of Jason Corbett Estate? Who does things like that?

Shipwash came down fair IMO, Martens has flouted the law and legal agreements at every turn.

Great question. Who does things like that? One that would bludgeoned the man she married to death with a landscaping stone and bat!! One that says that where ever you are my love will find you but really means where ever she is, EVIL will find you!!! One that is RELENTLESS in trying to cause havoc and pain anywhere and in any way possible for as many people as she can. No doubt, it is EVIL.

Let's look at the facts of this "property case" as it is reported. Judge Shipwash found that she failed to work with the executors of the estate. This is fact, as the executors only found out about it when a neighbour informed them when this was all going on. He also found that she had violated the court order by allowing someone else to use the vehicle. This is also fact as she says she was not there when this was all taking place. The newspaper reports says that the court order instructed her to use any of the property so even if she had driven it, it would still be against the original order. How these two finding from Shipwash can be overturned is beyond me.

Also, when she was questioned in court about all this in February, she put up a defence that she had paid for some items by a credit card in her name, so she was obviously was arguing that some of the property was hers. Now her defence is her lawyer told her to do it. Did her lawyers also tell her to keep it quiet? Off all people, they should know this was going to cause problems.

The lawyer also makes a point of saying that the property was held in NC and not Tennessee, personally I don't see how it can make much difference as to where the property was held, the fact is she removed the property without consulting the executors and also used property. But I do find it odd that the lawyer makes the distinction between NC & Tennessee. Can't see this appeal working.

And if the property was not worth much, as they put it, why bother add to the expense by renting out storage units.

The various article don't really give a clear picture of the original order, they are all paraphrasing. Does anyone know if this order was ever published?

My heart breaks for those two kids, most especially in the three weeks following their daddy's murder. They were living with Martens family, who worked to destroy and then erase their daddy's memory. They weren't allowed to see their aunties or uncles except once for 15 minutes and in front of MM. They alone were grieving for their daddy, and they were all alone just the two of them, doing it. At least now they're with loving good caring family, the have their grans, their aunts and uncles and cousins all around them, at home.

Before Jason's sister even arrived in US, MM had made arrangements for a cremation, which no Irish Catholic would ever want, and now allowing his family to take him home to be buried.

I know plenty of Irish Catholics who have been cremated, including several relations of my own who were cremated in Ireland. Not everyone holds those sort of opinions.

I will be flabbergasted if that ruling is overturned. Her criminal attorney (murderer that she is) is trying to cover for her greedy ways. He has a jury trial with this out of control woman to manage. So he's trying to repair her image as best he can.

MM must be finally realizing that she is fooling no one.

Nothing about the Martens family suggests wealth. In fact, it seems that Jason did a great deal for them with his generous nature. But whatever money, property they have ...just wait till the wrongful death civil suit...everything they have will be at risk.

My opinion only.

My own pet theory is that MM attacked Jason Corbett while he was asleep. (Perhaps she slipped him one of her sleeping pills that evening?) Then she went and got her father, and her father found Jason Corbett was still alive, and he finished killing him to try and cover up Molly's earlier crime. I think they left Jason there for a period of time dying, and waiting till it was too late to save him before calling emergency. They may have even used that time to rehearse their story.

Every step since that awful night, MM has tried spent trying to hurt the Corbett family, from trying to destroy the man's reputation, to relentlessly going after the children. I think she still has a custody appeal going even? She's still trying to play the victim even though nobody is buying it, probably not even her parents. The father and uncle tried to force through the notion that this was self-defense, with neither Molly or the father showing any sign of assault or even defensive wounds, scratches or bruises. Her threats of tracking the children down came across just as that - threats. Now it's clearer why, because their statements will harm her.

none my side. Be that as it may, they never reached out to one single family member, not his parents or siblings. She lived in Ireland all those years as their neighbours, and they visited all the time. So why not reach out to his family?

I will be flabbergasted if that ruling is overturned. Her criminal attorney (murderer that she is) is trying to cover for her greedy ways. He has a jury trial with this out of control woman to manage. So he's trying to repair her image as best he can.

MM must be finally realizing that she is fooling no one.

Nothing about the Martens family suggests wealth. In fact, it seems that Jason did a great deal for them with his generous nature. But whatever money, property they have ...just wait till the wrongful death civil suit...everything they have will be at risk.

My opinion only.

Agree, I too will be flabbergasted if that ruling is overturned. Also, agree that MM's attorney is paid to TRY to repair her image. However, not sure that MM will ever realize that she is fooling no one. It might be in her DNA to think that she is always right even if it means that the innocent are murdered. For instance, at least one relative still has only one photo on their FB page & that is a picture of Jason’s children with her and her husband. Why would anyone post a pic of a murdered person ‘s children? How could anyone not want to protect innocent children? Have no doubt that EVIL lives there. MM pens tribute to Jason hours after being charged with his murder. Have no doubt that EVIL lives there too. Agree, everything is at risk, just not sure they know it yet because they seem to think the laws do not apply to them. I hope that Jason’s autopsy report will tell the truth. Yes, Jason was generous. So sad that Jason’s generosity was NOT reciprocated.

· [FONT=&quot]'I will always love you': Molly Martens pens tribute to Jason Corbett... hours after being charged with his murder. Her uncle says she will plead not guilty and can expect to be ‘exonorated’ of all charges[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
· http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Wi...mpts-to-access-murdered-Irishmans-office.html
· http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/molly-martens-uncle-tried-to-get-access-to-jasons-office

Was Jason killed before MM went to get the children? Did this trip serve a dual purpose?

That declaration of love was to Jason's orphaned children, and the reference to "environment" was her attempt at setting the scene that Jason abused her and his children...

If you read the autopsy report, it shows a brutal lengthy attack on a defenseless man. The police theory seems to be both father and daughter physically attacked him hence both being charged with Murder 2. The man was bashed and battered to death with a baseball bat and a landscaping brick from their driveway. SMH, the ruthlessness of MM and her family stun almost everyone around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl