GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps this is why he is charged with Murder 2? ...it would certainly help a jury convict if there was a suggestion that TM felt the need to arm himself prior to arrival in WS (even if the intention was not to kill)

as tom and Sharon changed plans unexpectedly and drove to nc, when and where did tom get the time to stop off to buy a new bat for jack? They appear to have made an unplanned visit and were there the week before. When did he buy the alleged new bat? I suppose he could have bought it in the intervening week but it's a bit of a stretch all the same.

I hear you now, eventually..
Yeah.. its also a possibility that Jason told him he was leaving molly and would be needing the 80k and whatever else returned at his earliest convenience. It is likely jason had come to the realisation that they had acted as enablers for molly, helped her hide her illness, perhaps supplied her with the frugs she needed while in ireland.. etc.
Would be interesting, in that respect to run comparisons on the child's previous bats..
and ask whether it was indeed a bat suitable for a small little boy, or bought for a more sinister purpose.
Nobody in that family had gun permits according to an online search i saw months ago. That is rather strange, Tom should probably have had a lifetime permit..Being FBI
he's former law enforcement so there's that...he might have permits you don't have access to and can't get without clearance...JMO...he did work for the CIA...

as tom and Sharon changed plans unexpectedly and drove to nc, when and where did tom get the time to stop off to buy a new bat for jack? They appear to have made an unplanned visit and were there the week before. When did he buy the alleged new bat? I suppose he could have bought it in the intervening week but it's a bit of a stretch all the same.
at one point, I thought TM had a set of bats (different weights, lengths)...not uncommon if you ask me...I think Molly asked her parents to come there to reinforce to Jason how much the children loved their grandparents...IMO

Working from memory here so apologies if I'm wrong with the facts...the only bat that was recovered from the scene was the murder weapon correct? There was no 'other' bat...I remember an online back and forth at one point that Jack's old bat was never recovered, with others countering that a 10 year old may have left his old bat anywhere...but nevertheless, the significance being only one bat was recovered. So is it new or is it old - I guess we'll find out at trial!

Working from memory here so apologies if I'm wrong with the facts...the only bat that was recovered from the scene was the murder weapon correct? There was no 'other' bat...I remember an online back and forth at one point that Jack's old bat was never recovered, with others countering that a 10 year old may have left his old bat anywhere...but nevertheless, the significance being only one bat was recovered. So is it new or is it old - I guess we'll find out at trial!
Also remember there was ample time to remove a million bats from house by the time the search warrant was even applied for or issued!.
Unfortunately!

I think the bat, old or new, is very significant when you look at the story TM is telling. TM says that he heard his daughter screaming, (while being strangled) and he grabbed a bat that he had in the bedroom, and ran upstairs immediately to save her life. It's a new bat, he says...a gift. In that case, there should be two bats in the home, old and the new one, the murder weapon.

But if there is only in bat in the home, then it is almost 100% the old bat, the one kept in the garage. In that case, suddenly, the urgency of TM's trip upstairs and his whole story begins to unravel. If he was concerned that his daughter was being strangled to death, would he take the time to run upstairs and out to the 1st floor garage from the basement, bypassing the Master Bedroom and then back in again? Molly, if in danger, would have been dead by then.

I think the bat, old or new, is very significant when you look at the story TM is telling. TM says that he heard his daughter screaming, (while being strangled) and he grabbed a bat that he had in the bedroom, and ran upstairs immediately to save her life. It's a new bat, he says...a gift. In that case, there should be two bats in the home, old and the new one, the murder weapon.

But if there is only in bat in the home, then it is almost 100% the old bat, the one kept in the garage. In that case, suddenly, the urgency of TM's trip upstairs and his whole story begins to unravel. If he was concerned that his daughter was being strangled to death, would he take the time to run upstairs and out to the 1st floor garage from the basement, bypassing the Master Bedroom and then back in again? Molly, if in danger, would have been dead by then.

Uncle Mike at one point tried to discredit the severity of using a "child's" bat. They like most family's in America know even a child's bat can cause major injuries. The catchers in baseball are protected head to toe. Even the youngest players are protected.

We had some house plans on here before. But even looking at the house from outside...as we look...master bedroom on left...garage all the way over on right...isn't that true? So if his daughter is in mortal danger...did TM come up the stairs and pass where she's "gasping" for her life and run all the way through the house to the garage...fumble in the dark to find the bat....then run across the house again?

Am I incorrect in my recall of the house layout? Because that's like seeing your child drowning in the club pool, and running away from her...all the way to the golf course to get a golf club to extend to her the next time she comes up for air.

Thank you. Great responses about TM’s claim that he brought the bat with him on the same night that J was killed with the bat that TM admitted he brought as “gift” & possible premeditation. Isn’t most concealed carry permits related to firearms, not bats? If so, just thinking outside the box, why would anyone, FBI agent & FBI agent’s daughter included, use a bat instead of a firearm if one or the other had a concealed carry permit for a firearm?

Thank you. Great responses about TM’s claim that he brought the bat with him on the same night that J was killed with the bat that TM admitted he brought as “gift” & possible premeditation. Isn’t most concealed carry permits related to firearms, not bats? If so, just thinking outside the box, why would anyone, FBI agent & FBI agent’s daughter included, use a bat instead of a firearm if one or the other had a concealed carry permit for a firearm?

If he carried a gun into that room, it probably would have meant instant death for Jason, but not if he shot him in the leg..
By using a bat, he could claim it was close to him ,
but he still, according to his own reported testimony, somewhat overdid it with head blows. He could not have been ignorant of baseball deaths by headblows. FBI have an entire section on the subject on their website.

If they had planned it, they could have said a burglar did it and obtained an unmarked gun.. something like that?
But I dont find his alleged reported testimony to be credible in any case, nor do i believe he was thinking incoherently when he made it.
I believe him to be a highly intelligent man, in fact.

Just for clarification, imagine there was NO other info except that TM admitted he brought the bat with him on the very night that J was killed with the very bat that TM admitted he brought with him as a “gift” & hit J with on the night that J died. There is NO info yet that the bat used in killing J might be in the garage. What would that imply? Is that the reason that the Davidson County warrants noted “1[SUP]st[/SUP] degree murder”?

Might be thinking way outside the box, so please feel free to let me know. Does using a bat make the same sound as a gun? In other words, what is the best way to kill someone without notifying the neighbors?

Might be thinking way outside the box, so please feel free to let me know. Does using a bat make the same sound as a gun? In other words, what is the best way to kill someone without notifying the neighbors?

..and Jason did, after all lend this man a considerable amount of money that we know of.. and probably more that we do not..
For the sake of argument and purely speculative-suppose the murder was pre-arranged?
If Tom is indeed a hitman, of course it would explain why Sharon remained in the basement.

The children were a floor above the main level, where the attack took place.

He didn't go there first though, did he?
He instead went to his son-in-law's bedroom.

It could well have been a hit.
Three Feds in one family...anything is possible.
JMO
If

My guess is that when he went up the stairs he initially did not realize the threat and didn't think he needed his firearm ...near or at the top of the stairs, he supposedly heard JC say he was going to choke her so he picked up the bat that he had left in the foyer...I thought I had read somewhere that he left it there but I don't think it's been established where the bat was located prior to TMs involvement in this crime...IMO...

..and Jason did, after all lend this man a considerable amount of money that we know of.. and probably more that we do not..
For the sake of argument and purely speculative-suppose the murder was pre-arranged?
If Tom is indeed a hitman, of course it would explain why Sharon remained in the basement.

The children were a floor above the main level, where the attack took place.

He didn't go there first though, did he?
He instead went to his son-in-law's bedroom.

It could well have been a hit.
Three Feds in one family...anything is possible.
JMO
If
how do you know Jason loaned him, TM, a considerable amount of money?...I thought the 80k went to Molly...and was perhaps earnings for her service as a nanny... Many people do all sorts of things with their money to avoid paying taxes...IMO

how do you know Jason loaned him, TM, a considerable amount of money?...I thought the 80k went to Molly...and was perhaps earnings for her service as a nanny... Many people do all sorts of things with their money to avoid paying taxes...IMO

True, they do. Some people even have illegally employed, untaxed, unvisad employees. I have no idea if this was the case with Molly's employment, of course.

True, they do. Some people even have illegally employed, untaxed, unvisad employees. I have no idea if this was the case with Molly's employment, of course.
One thing is for sure...if the IRS wants to find out and determines errors in JCs and Molly's tax returns, and they determine unpaid taxes, they'll take the money before anybody else even has a chance at it...IMO...

For all we know, the $80k which was transferred to TM was to pay for legal fees, estate agents fees, furniture & stuff, etc, for the new property. The transfer seemed to be around the same time as when he purchased the house.

For all we know, the $80k which was transferred to TM was to pay for legal fees, estate agents fees, furniture & stuff, etc, for the new property. The transfer seemed to be around the same time as when he purchased the house.
But I thought it came out in court that the transfer went to Molly...50k went to TM & SM for the wedding...most of the expenses for the real estate were probably included in the $340k transfer...IMO... and then Molly says she bought the furniture or her parents did......

One thing is for sure...if the IRS wants to find out and determines errors in JCs and Molly's tax returns, and they determine unpaid taxes, they'll take the money before anybody else even has a chance at it...IMO...

But the unpayed tax in Molly's case (if it were so) would be in Ireland, not the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3